Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) (26011 Views)

Woman Sells Off Her Cousin's Children For N1m, Attempts To Murder Their Mother. / I Robbed To Pay My Children’s School Fees — Suspect (photo) / Why I Abandoned My Teaching Job For Robbery -mathematics Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by dre11(m): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2016
One of the four ladies rescued from a human trafficker, Ganiat Ajijola, arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command, over the weekend, has disclosed that she abandoned her two children for her husband in order to pave way for botched Libya trip.

The victim, Cecilia Bankole, 26, a hair dresser stated that her husband, name withheld, resisted her plan to abandon her children in search of Golden Fleece to Libya.

The mother of two children aged 2 and 4 years respectively, noted that when the issue was discussed with her husband initially, he disagreed with the plan, “I told my husband to allow me to go so that I would have an opportunity to raise funds for the family. I pleaded with him but he insisted in having the custody of his children. Although, I am a hairdresser but not done my freedom, going to Libya to work as artisan would enable me raise funds for my freedom as well as take care of my family. Even, when my mother pleaded with him that she would be taking care of the children while I will be away, he still declined. However, after much persuasion, my husband threatened me to have the custody of his children after my departure and I must not look back for them,” she added.

She explained that the human trafficker refused to open up for them how long they would stay in Libya.

“The trafficker didn’t tell us the number of years we are going to spend in Libya. She only told us the due date of the passport and that we are going by road,” the innocent mother said.

Expressing a contrary opinion, Mrs Maria Bankole, the victim’s mother and a prophetess in a white garment church in Alagbado, said that, what Ganiat Ajejola told her was that her daughter would be re – united with her after two years.

“I was informed of a big madam, whom Ganiat Ajejola was working for in Libya needs hairdressers to help her manage her shop. Upon hearing that my daughter will be going abroad, I volunteered my daughter because she is a hairdresser. I begged her husband but he declined to allow her go on the trip but I have prayed about it and God said she should go. That is why I am encouraging her,” she said.

According to her, “I followed her to the point where they were arrested because I want to know Ganiat Ajejola before their departure. I am not aware they were going by road. They told me Ganiat was taking them to Abeokuta to arrange an international passport for them.”

The operatives of the RRS whom were on the trail and surveillance of the human trafficker for two weeks before her arrest, hinted that they acted based on a tip–off from the Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation.

The rescued victims and the human trafficker have been immediately transferred to National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking In Person (NAPTIP).

http://thenationonlineng.net/i-abandoned-my-children-for-libya-trip-victim/

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by INTROVERT(f): 7:07am On Jan 10, 2016
Travelling to Libya by road is a death wish.... even men die before reaching..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by tayebest(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2016
eediot wooman angry
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2016
Pastor stopped at a traffic light and three girls: Apple seller, bread
seller and yam seller pulled by:

Pastor: Apple seller give me one quotation in the bible where
Apple is mentioned before I buy.

Apple seller:- bible said you are the Apple of my eyes. good! said
pastor I will buy N1000

Pastor: bread seller give me a bible quotation with bread and I'll
buy

Bread seller: Jesus said I am the bread oof life

Pastor: let me buy N1000

Pastor: yam seller give me one quotation with yam and I'll buy

Yam seller: Jesus said, l yam that I yam

76 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by Ayt27(m): 7:15am On Jan 10, 2016
Sounds exactly like what a trafficker would, say. I just want to help them, they won't even pay me....blah blah.

My opinion: Guilty as fvck

5 Likes

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by omooba969(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2016
Ok
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by bright007(f): 8:29am On Jan 10, 2016
k
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by Islie: 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
when you hear Libya (for the ladies) run for your life because most certainly you're going their as a sex slave

Some people need to be educated that going to Libya is not for handwork/job..... But for prostitution

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by ijustdey: 8:36am On Jan 12, 2016
my lalasticlala.... I was about to post this story and when I checked
I saw someone has posted a similar story too but not on FP

can you do the needful heregrin
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by looseweight: 9:47am On Jan 12, 2016
Is Libya flowing with milk and honey that you will leave nigeria and go to that war rich country

4 Likes

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by iteleaye(m): 9:47am On Jan 12, 2016
Libya!!! Libya!!! Libya!!!
OMA Seun o, see what democracy has turned this once great nation to...

1 Like

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by mrlaw93(m): 9:47am On Jan 12, 2016
Imagine.. i said it. Women ve fish brain
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2016
hope you are enjoying your libya now.
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by sukkot: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2016
ok na. say hello to ghaddafi for us

1 Like

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by pretydiva(f): 9:48am On Jan 12, 2016
So sad
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by kaywiluv(f): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2016
shocked
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by AMPLIFY: 9:49am On Jan 12, 2016
WHo is the vitctim? I say the man who a woman left to fend for the children because of "golden fleece". One of the many reasons you should look properly before you marry any gir. The tips i read here are on point.Guys look beffore you leap http://manly.ng/wife-material-in-nigeria-4-places/ tongue
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by menix(m): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2016
Some galz just dull like Palm oil inside bridge..

They re lucky their gods saved them else their totor will be on fire by now..
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by kingarizona1(m): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2016
The Ajala's the Traveller
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by thefakestan: 9:50am On Jan 12, 2016
Ok ok, I saw this on TV a few days ago,

But Libya? Why?

ThefakeStan
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by BIGTinfotech: 9:51am On Jan 12, 2016
Hmmm. What can I say??

Some folks would blame her, some would say it's the situation of the economy, unemployment...blah blah blah...
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by youngberry001(m): 9:51am On Jan 12, 2016
may den give me dat thick baby in middle nah i swear i go take good care of her smiley

#military
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by philfrey08: 9:51am On Jan 12, 2016
Am suprised at the name tho....
not expected but....
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by ajebuter(f): 9:51am On Jan 12, 2016
God save you..

Go to Libya and become a sex slave to ISIL fighters

Or become a victim of their vicious killing..

Ode oshi...
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by Sijo01(f): 9:53am On Jan 12, 2016
Work as a head dresser my foot.
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by alphaconde(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2016
One thing for sure, man would always be in search of greener pasture

Well am happy these victims aren't from Edo state, aisha buhari should look else where for her liberation program.

1 Like

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by Wordsmith01: 9:55am On Jan 12, 2016
Whatever name they bear doesn't make them less Nigerian, I think the media should do more in terms of broadcast about trafficking, imagine the media going wild on every social issue the way it grew wild over headies drama, that way even the house rat will hear and run to tell the farm rat

2 Likes

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by Jacko01: 9:55am On Jan 12, 2016
Know som1 dat used dat libya last year n is in france via italy now.... Very local timid gal oh b4.... See forrmin now hehe..... Well these ones unlucky

2 Likes

Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by menix(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2016
How come I did not take cognizance of the names self

Abeg Name checkers which tribe them be
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by marshallmoni(m): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2016
r u telling me to believe dis ua story?...make I go cum first.
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by yommyuk: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2016
She should count herself lucky. She could have died along the way or worst scared for life working as a sex slave.

God works in mysterious ways.
Re: I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) by echomog1: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2016
Yorubas gat talent

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrest Militants With Explosives In Akwa-Ibom (pic) / 39 Trafficked Nigerians In Spain Rescued From Sex Slave Trade (Video) / Nigerian Caught British Bus-Driver Urinating In His Bus On Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.