Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,061 members, 7,807,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! (30621 Views)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by angryhumanbeing: 10:39am On Jan 10, 2016
Good Day pals, please pardon all grammatical errors because I am very angry now as I write this.
I am a known person here but I decided to change my name.

I am a banker. I was working in bank X before i joined bank Y. I had wonderful experiences in bank X. I decided to join bank Y so as to have experience there too. But ever since I joined bank Y, it has been disaster working there from the very first day I entered there. The manager has been tormenting me from the very first day he sighted me. I dont know if we have struggled for a babe b4, i just dnt knw. I am a permanent staff but this man treats me like a cleaner. The time for us to be in the office is latest 7.20am but in my first week there, i came to work by 7.17am and this man was shoutn and embarrasing me outside the bank where customers queues up to withdraw from the atm. Dat was my first bitter encounter wit him. I was brought to the branch as Funds Transfer Officer but it took this manager a full month to create me as FTO. On my Third day on the job, He connived with another bad colleague and they pushed me to the atm as ATM Custodian. This I was doing with tears because this man was just making life unbearable for me by threatening me all the time. All the jobs in the branch was given to me to do except FTO jobs. He refused creatn me and even wen i was later created, he still refuse i work as FTO. Theres sometn called cashdrop box, and its meant for contract staff to work there but this man forced me to work there for even upto a month combined with atm custodian and other cash jobs while the other bad colleague walks around pressing fones and chattn. Later in November, the Area Manager visited and said i should be returned as FTO. Ever since then, this manager will pack other peoples job on me and be embarassing me in front of customers when I dnt finish them. Whenever I tried to complain, he will start shoutn and insultn me in front of customers. This has been happening for upto 5months now. I joined this particular bank in late August and by middle of september, 6 staff angrily left the branch because of this manager and his accomplices. By tomoro, another staff is leavn becos of constant quarell wit manager. The branch has been under wicked rule by this manager and the other bad colleague. For the past 5months I have been here, its been hell. I have reduced drastically in size. Even size 30 trousers are very loose on waist now becos of so much thinkn, insults and harrasments from this man.
I have planned to resign at the end of the month becos of the evil torture of this man and the other bad colleague. Please I need matured advices becos i am almost like a walking corpse. Each week i feel sick here. One sickness or the other.
Any day i remember i will go to dat office, my mind will be filled with sadness becos theres no single day this same man will nt harrass me.

Pls mods help me. I need advices and i have made up my mind to leavn here becos each day i see this man and the other bad man, i feel like shooting them to death becos as i speak nw, the other bad man does nothn in the branch. He only snaps pics,chat and walk around. He comes to work by 7.45am and the manager will nt say a word!

Pls mods help me do the needful. Thank you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by ojun50(m): 10:49am On Jan 10, 2016
Why not write a complain letter to yr head office explain in details wht has being going on and seek for them to come nd do there own investigation befor thinking of resigning.

To stay for house no be beans oh i never resume work he belike my word don finish. Or better still pray they should transfer him out to another branch.

140 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by diva90: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2016
Isn't there anybody above the manager that you can report to? Or is there a way that you can file a complain to HR? Maybe they might be able to move you to another branch. I can only imagine what you are going through, there's no greater torture than coming to work everyday with no atom of peace of mind. It's evidently not a healthy environment for you to be in

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2016
My dear, i'v been in your shoes before! If u resign because of your manager u would start drinking garri. You need to be strong as a man and ignore so many things! Pretend as though they don't exist. If he gives u the job of a contract staff, do it. If he adds saturday to your job, do it. If he screams at u in front of customers, swallow it. All these treatment is preparing u for a better future! Afterall u wudnt remain in that branch forever. In my case the head of operations asked me out,i turned him down politely and the branch became a living hell for me but I did my job well,saved enough money to start up my clothing line and resigned. 5months is too short to quit, stay there and ignore office politics,focus on your job and keep praying.

257 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Rich4god(m): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2016
You face your fears and not run away from it.... Since some other staff have left cos of same issues, why not figure out a way to report to a higher authority without blowing your cover.

16 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by angryhumanbeing: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
ojun50:
Why not write a complain letter to yr head office explain in details wht has being going on and seek for them to come nd do there own investigation befor thinking of resigning.

To stay for house no be beans oh i never resume work he belike my word don finish. Or better still pray they should transfer him out to another branch.
i wrote a letter last yr, dats wen the area manager came to return me to my desk but since then, the manager has been more hostile.

4 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by angryhumanbeing: 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
petkruz:
My dear, i'v been in your shoes before! If u resign because of your manager u would start drinking garri. You need to be strong as a man and ignore so many things! Pretend as though they don't exist. If he gives u the job of a contract staff, do it. If he adds saturday to your job, do it. If he screams at u in front of customers, swallow it. All these treatment is preparing u for a better future! Afterall u wudnt remain in that branch forever. In my case the head of operations asked me out,i turned him down politely and the branch became a living hell for me but I did my job well,saved enough money to start up my clothing line and resigned. 5months is too short to quit, stay there and ignore office politics,focus on your job and keep praying.
like i said, i hv been workn in another bank for some yrs b4 i entered this bank. So am just 5months old in this new bank. So i hv some cash wch i can invest in biz.

11 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Gorodomu: 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Do not resign,20 boys cannot play for 20yrs.One of you will soon leave d branch.Send me a pm.We will investigate and do d needful.In d meantime jst do ur job ,smile wen he shouts and try as much as possible to ignore him.

46 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Emmaesty(f): 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
I smell access bank

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Breadfruit: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
I think you should blow the whistle on this boss.

Most of the time, we swallow shiit because we don't know our rights. It happened to me too and I feel sad whenever I think about the fact that I swallowed so much, while those who were politicians and the managers' pets were not doing any work. Meanwhile I was drowning in work, working 7 days a week and working all my waking hours.

What he is doing is against policy and you should get proof and use it against him.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
Emmaesty:
I smell access bank

Exactly my thoughts, from Zenith to Access bank.

2 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by angiography(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
dire issue...

except you have guarantee of another job, don't ever make the mistake of leaving now that Nigeria is getting sicker.

worever happens to ur knowledge of human relations.

it happened to me, but I found way of making her my best friend afterward. I had a good letter of recommendation from her for a better job.

6 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Benjom(m): 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
Don't resign yet until you're sure of an alternative.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by norame(f): 5:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
Is first bank plc... I resigned last year July...they can be so annoying.. Hey, have a plan B first, report to ASM or RSM, then wait for for their reply. That's my advice.

5 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by angryhumanbeing: 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
norame:
Is first bank plc... I resigned last year July...they can be so annoying.. Hey, have a plan B first, report to ASM or RSM, then wait for for their reply. That's my advice.
so wat do u do nw? Why did u resign? Do u hv a plan B b4 u resigned?

1 Like

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by AccaPack(m): 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2016
You have three options:
1. Pray : pray that every hatred the manager has for you turns to likeness. Pray that every spiritual power working against your destiny should be destroyed cos it could be that your enemies are at work.
2. Use the whistle blower option
3. Resign: Since u have savings, plan on what to invest on before u resign.

12 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by norame(f): 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
angryhumanbeing:
so wat do u do nw? Why did u resign? Do u hv a plan B b4 u resigned?

Yes dear... I rented a shop and open my own Biz... Never regretted ever leaveing.

8 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Freezle(m): 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
sir,

Hope my post is not coming too late and I hope you still working with the bank currently.

Yes, I read petrus post and I totally agree with her, keep working no matter the predicament you find your self. Just keep to your self that you won't remain there forever or the manager won't remain there for ever.

Most importantly my friend always PRAY because the office is always like a war zone, No friends at work believe me when I tell you this.

I'm not here to talk about me but I have been in more than what you facing and I tell you with GOD I have grown above the office politics and I believe with time, concentration you would do same. Just be good at your work, develop your self and GOD would place you in were no man can reach.

I wish you all the best at work.

Cheers

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Otuabaroku: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2016

@Op, I feel your pain. My advice to you is not to resign your job at this moment. If you do, the man wins. This is because you don't have a strong plan B at the moment. You made mention of starting a business with the money you have saved so far. Starting business and sustaining it is not as easy as it sounds.

You can start looking for another job or plan and start your own business . You can leave the job when the business has matured or when you have got another job.
leaving when you have achieved either of the above, makes you a winner. You would not have the cause to regret your action.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by aieromon(m): 12:57am On Jan 12, 2016
angryhumanbeing:
i wrote a letter last yr, dats wen the area manager came to return me to my desk but since then, the manager has been more hostile.

Write another letter explaining that his/her directive is not being adhered to. You can also suggest a transfer to another branch.

Best of luck.

12 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 12, 2016
Why can't you confront him and let him know what he has been doing is not good?
Tell him dat the six staff dat left, left because of his treatments towards dem.
Tell him the implications his bad attitudes towards his subordinate staff will have on the branch.
He will not kill you joor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Breadfruit: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
Everybody says: don't leave, don't leave.
Because of the Nigerian situation, don't leave.

Won't he survive if he is no longer there? Is it until he slumps at work before he will know there are some battles meant to walk away from?

Fear only keeps one in slavery. If he has enough to survive on for a while, there's nothing wrong in walking away. It takes a great deal of courage to walk!
God help us....

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Pidggin(f): 2:40am On Jan 16, 2016
OP, apply wisdom, do not let anyone frustrate you out of your job.

6 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by samguru(m): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2016
Bro,
Am currently passing through a similar situation,but my case is a little bit different from yours.

I was employed as a subordinate under the head of a department,meanwhile before resigning my appointment in my former place of work,I was the head of the same department.
Two months later,she said she has done her assessment,that I scored zero in every area,that the two new fresh graduates perform better than me.
Everyday she makes life horrible for me she hauls insults at me as If I was a greenhorn in the profession.infact there was a day she said I was looking like slowpoke.
In other for peace to reign,I called and tried to pacify her,she said she does not have anything against me.

Being new in the system, I have to learn how to use the software and there office procedures,but this madam does not have soft spot for me on small mistakes,she always say this' you don't know anything you better go back to your former place of work'.
Am fed up,av reported this matter to the HR,I was told to be patient with her and on the other hand asked if I wanted redeployment which I said yes.

She relegated me to the state of attaching me to an intern( to be assisting an intern).

Going to office now has become a total nightmare, infact have lost concentration and interest in the job now.

My fellow nairalanders please what should I do?

6 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Prodigee: 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
This is really interesting! sad As some people are desperately looking for jobs, some others are looking for how to get out of one. SMH undecided

1 Like

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Prodigee: 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
Abeg lalasticlala or whoever dey incharge here, make dem move this to FP, make people chook hand for this matter angry
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by ritababe(f): 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
That manager need to be fired, i think he get high before coming to work.

5 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
Is it on NL u want to get advice.

Abeg where are our NL counsellors.

My brother your case might even be a spiritual one.

Just get a cele prophet asap.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nienie(f): 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
it won't pass Access bank or Diamond bank..the best thing to do I think is ignore him..you'll only be letting him win if you resign..follow him with patience..report to the higher authorities,if you think that'll bring more troubles to you..then don't.
someday some other person will do that but just endure.
it could be a test.
Imagine if you resign today and he gets kicked out tomorrow.
sorry sha.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Military Requirement For Recruit: The Boot Camp Training / 20 Signs You’re A Creative Person. / Meet The Young Nigerian Female Engineer Who Works As An Aircraft Mechanic. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.