Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Entry Level Requirements For Medical Practice In Canada - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Entry Level Requirements For Medical Practice In Canada (839 Views)

FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service / Nigerian Doctor Suspended In Canada Over Sexual Comment (Photo) / Factors Affecting Nursing Practice In The Public Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entry Level Requirements For Medical Practice In Canada by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello friends, I'm a medical doctor interested in furthering my medical career in Canada with particular interest in specialty training.
Please I would need any helpful information from collegues home and abroad to this regard. Including necessary board examinations and the prognosis of entry into their residency programmes.
Thanks.
Re: Entry Level Requirements For Medical Practice In Canada by bebe77: 2:37am On Jan 11, 2016
To start any form of residency training in canada, you have to QUALIFY as a doctor in canada with the MCCEE (It's the equivalent of the MDCN exams for foreign graduates). Next is the MCQE1......It's all like USMLE.

The first step is to join physiciansapply.ca. Your credentials from Nigeria are evaluated and confirmed through this site (and the earlier you start, the better to avoid delays). You need to pay some money though but you have no choice.
You can't do anything without joining that site. You require it both for residency purposes and for the exams itself.

Here's the link to the site http://physiciansapply.ca. You'll find a lot of helpful information on the site

I hope you'll find this helpful
Re: Entry Level Requirements For Medical Practice In Canada by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 12, 2016
Thanks bebe77, I really appreciate your kind directions. Would holla back at you if I need further guidance. Thanks once again.
Re: Entry Level Requirements For Medical Practice In Canada by bebe77: 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Thanks bebe77, I really appreciate your kind directions. Would holla back at you if I need further guidance. Thanks once again.

you're welcome

(1) (Reply)

S. A. D (social anxiety disorder) / Ovarian Cysts: Symptoms, Causes And Treatments / WARNING! Read What Too Much Masturbation Can Do To Your P*nis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.