Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,202 members, 7,780,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:54 PM

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (74196 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / 8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by busybeei5(f): 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
120k embarassed
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by TaiKuun(m): 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Jexyme:
Mine was very interesting!

At first I was a little scared because of uncertainties surrounding NYSC PPA posting.

But thank God, the service year ended with so much money in my account, great working and community service experiences. I'm now gainfully employed.

Glory be to God!!!
how much? Simple

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by sundayslim(m): 10:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
I served in 2013 and funny enough in kebbi state. During my NYSC, I made around 400 thousand naira aside my alawee.

Let me quickly explain.

1. I offered to assist fellow corps members to save their money (Cuz its hard not to spend it) and in exchange they pay me 1k per month. I had about 50 people patronizing me during NYSC.

2. I helped polytechnic students type their final year projects and assignments at cheaper rate. God blesses me and my boss in my ppa allowed me use the office printer for free so I was making around 10-15k per week from this.

3. I taught in a private school as side runs. I was favoured in the sense that I only come when I have a class and leave once I'm done. I was paid 8k per month from this.

4. I held private home lessons for primary school children near the house. God so kind, I was making 5k per child each month. We used to meet 3 times a week. I had about 3 children.

5. I built a wireless network to help NYSC in the state speed up their camp registration process. This really helped me a lot. I read a few things online and applied it to help NYSC and it worked. In return, I was taken to 2 camps as NYSC staff still as a corps member. Made 40k each time aside feeding expenses.

6. I taught computer courses to fellow corps members at 10-15k each. Was able to train about 6 corpers during my time.

7. As the key drummer in my CDS (dance and drama), I made some money every time we were invited to perform at events.

Those were the major activities I engaged in during my service year.

I went on to use the money to pursue professional certifications, and today I can proudly say I am a network professional with competence in Cisco, Microsoft, Comptia, Huawei and Mikrotik network technologies, as well as project management according to PMI.

Don't ever be discouraged. There are hidden blessings and countless opportunities in the most unlikely of places.

Wishing you success all through the year.
25th birthday on March 24, 2016. You are all invited.

Cheers.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Jexyme(f): 10:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
TaiKuun:
how much? Simple

Lols! 470K

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Kizmilz(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Am still serving though... Buh so far I've saved like 60k though I got a camera and a printer with the money + other money I had. I wish to make more money from the photography am into n also ma alawe..
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by odihack: 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
I had about 30k after Service... I basically saved nothing....

Do I regret? Hell No

I spent almost everything I got taking trainings and getting certified. I took several 32hours round trips to PH for trainings... 12hour trips to Abuja for trainings too.... I even had to pay my L.i my whole allowee for 4months just cos I missed clearance while going on trainings... I didn't participate in the inec ish too cos of trainings. I got no state allowee, no extra allowee from anywhere, no ppa allowee, no stipends from home too... I made about 200k though from training others but I still spent all on getting even more trainings...
But I love that one year die... You can save a lot if you're prudent

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Trhymes4love17(m): 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
Served in bayelsa. Saved up to 250k. Serve in d governors community and u will thank me later.

Fed allawe+state allawe +governors allawe+exam supervision allawe+tutorial allawe+philanthropist allawe kai e plenty o.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Jasi7(m): 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
jaelz:
okay state how much u made and explain how u made the money during your Nysc youth service year... how many Millon's you make and how did you make it corpers lets hear your stories so that other prospective corpers could learn... Please lets show our prospective corp members the way forward and even the normal business entrepreneurs..
Or even tho u know u a baller come in here and show d way forward...

Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove, onila, hector, onila, tosyne2much

Kola na u b dis...oh boy,when I saw ur moniker'jaelz'...I say I knw dis name somewhere....na lag u base nw...hope fola is doin well and fine right?...its michael Ike,st johns college...remember
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rafkollinz: 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
i make almost 120;000
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by openmine(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
150k... cool
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Adeyemi0(m): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nmeri17:
While my mates got choice postings at coys in the township, my PPA was at Ivo comprehensive which was more like an IDP camp sad I became the benefactor/grand patron/ foster father of the 16 pupils in the school and ergo was concerned with their school fees and used the change to take cholera and diarrhoea pills cry
PS: 14 of the 16 pupils were at least 3 years older than me. old ass men and women angry

Brothers and sisters, on the day of my passing out, I used my last N100 to buy them sweets and left for the bus park dabbing my tears with the N35 I had leftover after my meritorious service to the nation embarassed
ivo comprehensive...at Ebonyi state?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Jasi7(m): 11:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
word of advice, if u want to save during ur Nysc service year, pls dnt serve in these following states

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Calabar

I concur
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by hrykanu231(m): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
I served in 2010 batch c, saved money from inec registration(36,000) saved another 40k from inec election(payment made officially to corp members) and another 30k from the 4months arrears NYSC paid us.
This was d major reason I never regretted serving in a rural area(things are relatively cheap)
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Angelovic96: 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
word of advice, if u want to save during ur Nysc service year, pls dnt serve in these following states

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Calabar

i dey tell you
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by onunwa21(m): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
I made just 110k cash after service....courtesy of Hon. Rotimi Amaechi government.....my 11 months State government monthly arrears .
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by xxgig(m): 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
mikkypel:
I served in a govt sec skul, in edo.. Uzebba grammar school to be precise, no stare allowance, the principal gave us 2k money, then federal alawee.. I was able to save 90k..i put up a PES 2..Edo boys stole it.. Then I came up with table tennis plan.. That helped me big time.. U can save if u have ideas
you actually served at my backyard. Well done
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Angelovic96: 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
Adeyemi0:

grin
Adeyemi0:

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by cassyrooy(m): 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
Uzoraustin:
I made about 300k during my service year. I was posted to a sec sch (BJSS Beletiema, Brass L.G.A, Bayelsa) that operates from 1pm to 6pm. So i decided to take a teaching job at a private sch. My period is scheduled from 8am to 11am, the pay is 10k. I also have an adult home lesson from 11:30am to 1:30pm, the pay is 6k. Then i'll proceed to my PPA and my period there is between 2pm to 4pm. Then i'll proceed to another home lesson from 4:30pm to 6:30pm, the pay was 6k. So i virtually earn 19.8k + 10k+6k+6k=41,800 monthly. It was not easy o, but God was my strength.
Nna, you were a hustling machine back then, quite informative and inspiring..
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Femich18(m): 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
I didn't save more than 40k cos I was just doing a Father Xmas 2 friends who needed my help at diff point in time...Though no PPA allowee and state allowee from d kogi State govt Bt I'm glad i served dre...14B tins

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Lionsclaw: 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
290k minus the one I chop. Believe me boy that was huge cash then. Not now when una money don crash.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by cassyrooy(m): 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
westlius:
19k which I started pourty bus. Now I got 62 birds and som cash left
I think you might wanna do some editing?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Shinelle(f): 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
I had cultivated the habit of saving before nysc from the lil job I did....so it wasn't so difficult to continue.

Saved the entire govt alawee (12months) including d one at camp..lol

PPA paid 25k in cash regularly so twas quite difficult not pinching from it.. but I made sure to save from it as well.. and them some side commissions on d job too..eventually had about 300k saved up from nysc , with which I registered for ican and took exams and started m.sc..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by femolala001(m): 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
I was able to save 198k thanks to lagos state allowance for corpers
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by sped1oro(m): 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
I served in Akwa-Ibom in 2005, I made some cool cash as a corper because I had been an entrepreneur before my youth service. When I was a student, I had a popcorn business in the school and it fetches me between 1500-2000 naira daily. As a result, when I got to Akwa-Ibom the first thing I did was to identify a product or resources they have in abundance. I discovered they have Oil(both Crude and palm-oil), they also have human resources (domestic servants/maids), they have the largest crayfish market in Africa, they equally have plenty of beautiful girls/ladies ready for marriage.
I opted for the Oil and Crayfish business because it could be exported without me accompanying the goods to Lagos. Whenever I collect my allowance I saved part of it to buy crayfish at Ibaka market while the indigenes in my village supplies me 25 liters keg of palm-oil. I made so much from this business. The second business I will continue here www.hollalaycan.com. I made money in about 6 ways in my service year
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by hardychris(m): 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Dasuki is looking for you, please return the money back to him
Sasuwa:
$1,000,350.00

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
scared to say how much i made here,B14 rivers state,it was a great blessing to me,God positioned me well, 6months after i am enjoying my savings,a service year of no regret.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by MistyDave(m): 11:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Calabar
True talk. Am serving in abuja and am yet to *save a dime* lol ... Abeg lets leave trash for lawma jare

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by tweeby: 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
Okay.... Lemme say mine so others can learn from me. Will be brief tho
I saved 19800*11 like 200k sha and I do pay my tithes,still lived in abundant during service year. My secret was I paid my first fruit n told God dat I will live in abundant n still save up to that which happened infact on d day I gave d money I made 3 requests which he did above my expectations. I've heard pple's story about first fruit n I decided to try it which greatly work for me. Try it too

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / Pictures Of The 5 Corpers Who Died In An Accident While Going To NYSC Camp / NYSC: Female Corper Poses With A Gun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.