Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (74521 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / 8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by hardychris(m): 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
Please do you know who stole his PES 2?
xxgig:
you actually served at my backyard. Well done

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by cassyrooy(m): 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
Shinelle:
I had cultivated the habit of saving before nysc from the lil job I did....so it wasn't so difficult to continue.

Saved the entire govt alawee (12months) including d one at camp..lol

PPA paid 25k in cash regularly so twas quite difficult not pinching from it.. but I made sure to save from it as well.. and them some side commissions on d job too..eventually had about 300k saved up from nysc , with which I registered for ican and took exams and started m.sc..
Hmmm! Thats good sister
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by afilaka(f): 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by pweetyoge(f): 11:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
word of advice, if u want to save during ur Nysc service year, pls dnt serve in these following states

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Calabar
He is right...served in Lagos,it was only by grace i saved....too expensive for a corper even though i was coming from home....spending is inevitable!

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Seventeen(f): 11:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
I served in one dry, dead, local village in Nasarawa state. We did nothing but sleep and eat. The villagers were so happy and honoured to have us and always gave us food stuff and chickens for free. There was practically nothing to do with our govt allowance and there was nothing to do to make any extra money. The school where i taught was owned by the catholic church, they paid us nothing cos there was no money to b honest. The pupils were kids of poor fammers. The dint even pay school fees, the school had no uniforms, the priest said they had tried in the past but the parents of the kids culdnt afford it. Pencil and exercise book sef, na war. The whole staff in the school including the headmaster were corpers... cheesy. I think i had upto 90k in my account at the end of my service year. Apart from money for toiletries (which we had to travel all the way to Akwanga to get) , The only money i spent was for transportation and spending whenever i travelled out of the village or state. I culdnt wait to leave but i really did enjoy the peaceful and stressfree life of that one year, it was like living in another world after the 4years of hustle and bustle of Uni. Na wa ooo.. OP thanks for making me go through memory lane. its been a while since i reminisced about NYSC days oo. Cheiii i don old oo cheesy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by xxgig(m): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
hardychris:
Please do you know who stole his PES 2?

So you agreed you served at my backyard? I don't know who stole your ps. I am PCM, from a near by community to uzzeba.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by hardychris(m): 11:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
I'm not the person that lost his PES 2, just asking
xxgig:

So you agreed you served at my backyard? I don't know who stole your ps. I am PCM, from a near by community to uzzeba.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Sammyblaq(m): 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
I just dey reason saving where Umoh dey sell 33(three three), ika precious dey sell white soup, Ekerette dey arrange goat meat etc.
How much you wan save kwanu?

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by karmaleon: 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Made close to a million or more by providing internet solutions, computer related problems and hacking modems.
I served with one of NNPC's subsidiaries. They had the money to pay! My story went across town. So I wasn't just limited to just office runz.
SSS came to my lodge on various occasions because ofthe influx of people that patronized me. They taught i was a yahoo boy. grin grin They whole runz ended immediately after my service year. Returned back to base to pursue my dream. wink wink

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by sinistermind(m): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Not to Brag or anything, i made over 3m during my service...

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by croSStodds(m): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Seventeen:
I served in one dry, dead, local village in Nasarawa state. We did nothing but sleep and eat. The villagers were so happy and honoured to have us and always gave us food stuff and chickens for free. There was practically nothing to do with our money. I cant even remember what our govt allowee was then. The school where i taught was owned by the catholic church, they paid us nothing cos there was no money to b honest. The pupils were kids of poor fammers. The dint even pay school fees, the school had no uniforms, the priest said they had tried in the past but the parents of the kids culdnt afford it. Pencil and exercise book sef, na war. The whole staff in the school including the headmaster were corpers... cheesy. I think i had upto 90k in my account at the end of my service year. Apart from money for toiletries (which we had to travel all the way to Akwanga to get) , The only money i spent was for transportation whenever i travelled out of the village or state. I culdnt wait to leave but i really did enjoy the peaceful and stressfree life of that one year, it was like living in another world after the 4years of hustle and bustle of Uni. Na wa ooo.. OP thanks for taking me through memory lane. its been a while since i reminisced about NYSC days oo. Cheiii i don old oo cheesy
Wow!
lol!What year was that??
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Ztittude(m): 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Lagos

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Adeyemi0(m): 11:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Angelovic96:
what is your point?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Seventeen(f): 11:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
croSStodds:
Wow!
lol!What year was that??
2003... I was just calculating it now and am like.... Whaaaat! Its bn 12 whole years.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Cutehector(m): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
Ztittude:

Lagos foodstuff is cheap, just transport and house rent in some location will finish your alawee

Yenagoa central - Bayelsa
One room self contain(100-150k), food/things are so expensive too apart from transport

My PPA - govt school (served 3days/week, closed 10am)- 19800

Part-time office work - 11-5pm - 30k/month
Lesson 3times per week, 1hr 30mins - 15k/month (3kids)
Apart from other buying,repairs of System and phones - they where for flexing

Some of my guys didn't have any other extra source just 19800 and still blow everything, and some have good jobs now, so it's not by that
bayelsa is a riverine area, u should understand dat cost of living on land will be very expensive! Pls try to understand the reasons why.

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by olupapparazy(m): 11:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
I CANT WAIT OOOO. LESS DAN 7 MONTHS NW. VE GOT PLANS DAT VE BN NURSING SINCE MY 100L DAYS
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by dapaiks: 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
karmaleon:
Made close to a million or more by providing internet solutions, computer related problems and hacking modems.
I served with one of NNPC's subsidiaries. They had the money to pay! My story went across town. So I wasn't just limited to just office runz.
SSS came to my lodge on various occasions because ofthe influx of people that patronized me. They taught i was a yahoo boy. grin grin They whole runz ended immediately after my service year. Returned back to base to pursue my dream. wink wink
wer did u serve?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
Serve 2004! Truth be told!

Didn't make any tangible money or savings!

Still wondering how you people make huge amount of money undecided
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by juliuscapps(m): 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I made up to 120k during service. I served in Kebbi State. I made the cash through inec election, WAEC & NECO Coordination, state allowee of 20k yearly, federal allowee of <20k.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Ztittude(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
bayelsa is a riverine area, u should understand dat cost of living on land will be very expensive! Pls try to understand the reasons why.

Even on land (Yenagoa)
Things are just hyped
Golf t-shirt 3800 for there but in lag it's 1k-1500, anytime I come to lagos that is when I buy cloths
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by ijaw1stson: 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
word of advice, if u want to save during ur Nysc service year, pls dnt serve in these following states

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Calabar
you didn't add akwa ibom.lol

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 12:04am On Jan 11, 2016
sonofananimal:
Serve 2004! Truth be told!
Didn't make any tangible money or savings!
Still wondering how you people make huge amount of money undecided
lol.. some people no dey chop o.

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Toks2008(m): 12:05am On Jan 11, 2016
In my own time i got N1600 allowee plus N3000 monthly salary from lever brothers making a total of about 60k a year....that was 1997.

This thread gives me a nostalgic feeling.

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 11, 2016
[quote author=Sammyblaq post=41858982]I just dey reason saving where Umoh dey sell 33(three three), ika precious dey sell white soup, Ekerette dey arrange goat meat etc.
How much you wan save kwanu? [/quote.
Lol. Ask him oh! my brother.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Felaak47(m): 12:18am On Jan 11, 2016
did I even save any money? I don't think so and I served in enugu state cry
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by darepoju(m): 12:20am On Jan 11, 2016
dozzy001:
Easier said than done, i plan of saving before leaving lagos for Enugu bt story changed patapata when i got here

Blood Money na him FG dey give!

I'm innocent
u are so right.. After I recharge fone, do my sub.. Wetin remain dey barely dey enough to feed but to talk of saving...

Nysc allawe= Ogun owo..
I'm innocent lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Kizmilz(m): 12:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Ztittude:

Even on land (Yenagoa)
Things are just hyped
Golf t-shirt 3800 for there but in lag it's 1k-1500, anytime I come to lagos that is when I buy cloths
Do you need a soothsayer to tell you that clothes are xtremely cheap in lagos?

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by TedBaker(m): 12:52am On Jan 11, 2016
Nmeri17:
While my mates got choice postings at coys in the township, my PPA was at Ivo comprehensive which was more like an IDP camp sad I became the benefactor/grand patron/ foster father of the 16 pupils in the school and ergo was concerned with their school fees and used the change to take cholera and diarrhoea pills cry
PS: 14 of the 16 pupils were at least 3 years older than me. old ass men and women angry

On the day of my passing out, I used my last N100 to buy them confectioneries and left for the bus park dabbing my tears with the N35 I had leftover after my meritorious service to the nation embarassed
anoda ivo alumni typing, Ivo is a trap bro, snakes(green)evrywhere Akaeze,Ishiagu,Mile2.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nmeri17: 12:56am On Jan 11, 2016
TedBaker:
anoda ivo alumni typing, Ivo is a trap bro, snakes(green)evrywhere Akaeze,Ishiagu,Mile2.
Ehen! cheesy thank you grin

Adeyemi0:

ivo comprehensive...at Ebonyi state?
yep smiley were you banished to that place?? wink
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by CoCoLav(f): 1:07am On Jan 11, 2016

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 11, 2016
Uzoraustin:
I made about 300k during my service year. I was posted to a sec sch (BJSS Beletiema, Brass L.G.A, Bayelsa) that operates from 1pm to 6pm. So i decided to take a teaching job at a private sch. My period is scheduled from 8am to 11am, the pay is 10k. I also have an adult home lesson from 11:30am to 1:30pm, the pay is 6k. Then i'll proceed to my PPA and my period there is between 2pm to 4pm. Then i'll proceed to another home lesson from 4:30pm to 6:30pm, the pay was 6k. So i virtually earn 19.8k + 10k+6k+6k=41,800 monthly. It was not easy o, but God was my strength.

shocked See Machine o. Tuale boss
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 11, 2016
Odunharry:
still serving though and as d money comes in, na so I de use am

Lool chief

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / NYSC: Female Corper Poses With A Gun (Photos) / Pictures Of The 5 Corpers Who Died In An Accident While Going To NYSC Camp

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49