Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (33706 Views)

Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by GMartyns(f): 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Cutehector(m): 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
At 30 u are stayin with ur sister and her family..

Pray for urself bro.

391 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by helovesme(f): 11:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
If you want the ridicule to stop then move out of their house oh.

I will advise you endure and remain humble. Keep washing the dishes, tidying the house, etc and intensify your job hunt and most importantly keep praying. Once you get a job, you can then move to your own place.

223 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by uyiekpenm(f): 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Oga please try to get your own place. What do you expect. At your age you are living with your sister. Smh.
Pls respect yourself and leave that house.

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Miami11: 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
As long as you leave under their house you have to follow their rules

Most brother in laws have problems taking care of another man in their house

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by mrwonlasewonie: 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
I just taya
Cutehector:

Pray for urself bro.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by dominique(f): 11:41pm On Jan 11, 2016
Cutehector:

I find that detail a lot more disturbing than her BIL's 'rudeness' sad

Sorry op, as long as you live under their roof, you will have to put up with whatever BS they dish at you. If you have alternative accommodation option, you can go for them. I pray you get a good job before this year runs out.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Cutehector(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
dominique:

Sorry op, as long as you live under their roof, you will have to put up with whatever BS they dish at you. If you have alternative accommodation option, you can go for them. I pray you get a good job before this year runs out.
at 30 say I catch myself staying with another relative, I rather live under the bridge!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
Seriously? Mr op you're nothing but a shameless hypocrite. So u have money to eat your own food and you've not tot of leaving your sister's matrimonial home. I could pick up a lot of words to use on you this evening but I'm just gonna keep my cool. Dude just get a life

27 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by mummydirect(f): 12:25am On Jan 12, 2016
guy man wey no get money yet dey do shakara, abegi helep me ask am wet in him dey find ooooooo, in fela anikulapo's voice " na wahala u dey find, wahala u go get eee ooooooo, wahala u dey find". Oga a beg do go wash DAT plate or you leave my house please, who are you making guy for? in my house? Two masters can not rock a boat, u ge rit? As long as you are the youngest in d house, oga, u suppose wash d plate. so your brother in law is correct but the tone wey him take tell you the tin na im fit dey wrong. No vex u hear, all name experience, oya do go wash d plate u hear..... my correct guy, no worry very soon better job go land your corner, I take amen conclude am for u.

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by cococandy(f): 2:02am On Jan 12, 2016
Oga Get your own place. That's the one solution.

There's really nothing you can do about it except ignore the dishes when he uses them.
He can't drag you into the kitchen to wash them.
If it gets to that point where both of you have to verbally or physically enter a scuffle over what chores you should do, you don't need a prophet to tell you to leave the next day.

And why is his religious life your problem? It's his life so leave him to it.

33 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by ronald4lif(m): 3:34am On Jan 12, 2016
cococandy:
Oga Get your own place. That's the one solution.

There's really nothing you can do about it except ignore the dishes when he uses them.
He can't drag you into the kitchen to wash them.
If it gets to that point where both of you have to verbally or physically enter a scuffle over what chores you should do, you don't need a prophet to tell you to leave the next day.

And why is his religious life your problem? It's his life so leave him to it.

I was surprised to read that part and almost lose interest reading the complete post but somehow I did and had in mind to ask same question. I'm much interested as to how his belief is an issue.

And to further display his religious intolerance attitude and give his spurious claims a lift he said he listens to corrupt songs. Also interested in knowing what he considers corrupt songs.

40 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by cococandy(f): 4:17am On Jan 12, 2016
Na NL stories na. Always one-sided. He won't say what he did to contribute to the guy's attitude towards him.

He Probably looks down on the BIL as an 'unbeliever' which could be the reason the dude is rubbing the status of his tenancy in his face.

You know how some 'believers' can be condescending to people of different un/belief.
ronald4lif:

I was surprised to read that part and almost lose interest reading the complete post but somehow I did and had in mind to ask same question. I'm much interested as to how his belief is an issue.

And to further display his religious intolerance attitude and give his spurious claims a lift he said he listens to corrupt songs. Also interested in knowing what he considers corrupt songs.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 9jaBloke: 5:00am On Jan 12, 2016
If you don't have alternative accomodation, then u have to do the dishes without complaining. The dude is obviously tired of seeing u around & I don't blame him. Step up ur hustle and leave asap.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by dahmie2013: 5:12am On Jan 12, 2016
Op, see it as a regular duty. Don't complain, its just a phase, it will pass. May God help u in ur job search.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Eketem: 5:16am On Jan 12, 2016
You are the only rude person I see in this story.

You have this condescending attitude to your in law because he is jobless, if he had a job and gives you money am sure you won't remember his belief or faith.

Yes you live in their house and will live by their rules. You are both old men act like it and stop being disrespectful so you need to be told to clean up and wash plates when you are squating abi?

All this in law drama sef.

Ps thank God today na man vs man at least we now know that two idle men will also produce friction

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by oluafam: 5:27am On Jan 12, 2016
My dear, humility should be your watch word here. Clean the dishes and Intensify in ur prayers and job hunting.
Even if it means waiting by the corner for him to finish his meal and u then clear the dishes, do it. He is ten years older than you, u should be answering him, sir.

There's a reward that comes with humility. So b humble.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by byvan03: 5:28am On Jan 12, 2016
Who are you expecting to do the dishes? You Are the youngest so you have to do it or move out.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Swissheart(f): 8:37am On Jan 12, 2016
Either he works or he doesn't isn't in any way your business just as his religious belief isn't too. Bros you are 30years oh, old enough to be married yourself so why humiliating yourself by staying there. Get out of that house. How about if I say you are becoming a nuisance

22 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by keishablack(f): 8:52am On Jan 12, 2016
Dude started by making his in-law look bad b4 bringing up his major grievance. There's nothing worse than a poor and proud person all in one. If u were humble enough u probably Wudda had a job by now or perhaps ur waiting till u hit it big. So while ur still waiting, how abt u do the dishes, sweep the house, run errands, even wash his cloths cuz ur living under their roof for free and eating free food.

31 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Vikky014(f): 9:18am On Jan 12, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Vikky014(f): 9:21am On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:

Pray for urself bro.
Serious Prayer my brother

5 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by stzy(m): 9:34am On Jan 12, 2016
1. If I am d husband I'll definitely kick ur broke Jobless ass(though 2 of u guys aasses are Jobless). 2. D husband is older dan u. N since ur sister works 7-7 its ur Job nw 2 help her tidy her house. 3. So long as u stay in his house n u pay no rent foot no bills, he's ur. Boss. 4. As 2 which church he goes or d type of music he listens 2 should in no way concern u if it disturbs u buy a huge headphone. 5. Finally, u hav 10yrs 2 b a fool 4eva so really u hav no tym playing hide n seek with ur sister's hubby who's alreasy 40 n Jobless... Young niqqur go giit ur money n leaave ur sister's marriage in peace. A sentence is enough 4 moderately wise

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by MilesLamar(m): 9:52am On Jan 12, 2016
Mehn I tink he is tired of u.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by mrwonlasewonie: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2016
grin
dominique:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by mrwonlasewonie: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2016
Take 5. grin
all this little boys with w
Entitlement mentality grin
stzy:
1. If I am d husband I'll definitely kick ur broke Jobless ass(though 2 of u guys aasses are Jobless). 2. D husband is older dan u. N since ur sister works 7-7 its ur Job nw 2 help her tidy her house. 3. So long as u stay in his house n u pay no rent foot no bills, he's ur. Boss. 4. As 2 which church he goes or d type of music he listens 2 should in no way concern u if it disturbs u buy a huge headphone. 5. Finally, u hav 10yrs 2 b a fool 4eva so really u hav no tym playing hide n seek with ur sister's hubby who's alreasy 40 n Jobless... Young niqqur go giit ur money n leaave ur sister's marriage in peace. A sentence is enough 4 moderately wise

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by PresVA: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2016
It's even a shame you're being reminded to do the dishes. . Who are you expecting to do it?

Abeg leave the house before you cause unnecessary wahala between husband and wife...

Didn't even know guys could have issues like this... even the kind of song he plays is an issue for you. . Nawa oo

You be real amebo shaa

30 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by akinyeleaa: 10:10am On Jan 12, 2016
Una dey follow d op play sef, Wait, who for dey wash the plates, abeg? See me o, u even dey arrogant sef, even frm ur write up. And to think u are monitoring his spiritual life, height of joblessness

Meanwhile, if u wash plates finish this morning, make sure u wash toilet too

On a 2nd thought, na because say u still get place dey stay make u dey arrogant, soon d guy go pursue u, u go see as street be like, shey na joblessness before, u go soon add homelessness ehn.
And to think u even said the man cooks at times, something wey u suppose dey do, the man dey do half , just for u to complete am, na hin b problem kwa

I just hope u don't ruin ur sister's marriage, cos days what arrogance can cause. I even trust say she no go even side u sef, wen she no be pikin

35 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by yvelchstores(f): 10:28am On Jan 12, 2016
oluafam:
My dear, humility should be your watch word here. Clean the dishes and Intensify in ur prayers and job hunting.
Even if it means waiting by the corner for him to finish his meal and u then clear the dishes, do it. He is ten years older than you, u should be answering him, sir.

There's a reward that comes with humility. So b humble.
op pls read this,let it soak.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Addicted2Women: 11:26am On Jan 12, 2016
Why are you so concerned about him being an unbeliever ??
You are a believer and you ain't a virgin, you have been having sex.
He is way better than you.

Secondly, you have to show him the appreciation for allowing you stay in his house by washing the dishes and toilet.
Do you wanna wake up every morning, eat,bath and sleep all day ??

Thirdly, you said he doesn't work ??
Why ain't you working and have your own apartment ??
When i was 25, i was a millionaire.
Now, tell me how useless and lazy you are.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal / Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? / His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.