Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Why You Will Never See Groundnut Pyramids In The North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Will Never See Groundnut Pyramids In The North (4758 Views)

Yahaya Bello Buys Groundnut During Inspection In Kogi. PICS / 60 Years After, Kano Groundnut Pyramids Site Turns To Football Field / The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Will Never See Groundnut Pyramids In The North by MagicBishop: 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
jpphilips:

Slaves were human beings with number, forced to labour against their will. Between 1933 (permit me to borrow your statistics) and today, the population growth is in Geometric progression, so no doubt the issue of number is still plausible.
As a matter of fact, the Almajiri population will out swell whatever number of slaves that built the former pyramids if you consider the population we have amassed so far.

Now the remaining issue is forced labor, well, in a society with hungry youths, Labor doesn't need to be forced because very low incentives will be motivation enough.
Don't ask me where the incentives will come from, the slaves were traded not stolen, hence the same money used to buy slaves at the time can as well be used to pay the Almajiris for the same labor output.

With these I can conviniently tell you that your analogy is baseless!!

Yourmy friend are a direct descendant of a traded slave.
Re: Why You Will Never See Groundnut Pyramids In The North by DaBullIT(m): 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
grin. I've laughed so hard I think I may have crapped my pants
Re: Why You Will Never See Groundnut Pyramids In The North by millhouse: 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
History... What we lack in our curriculum
Re: Why You Will Never See Groundnut Pyramids In The North by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Mutuwa and MagicBishop una weldone ooo...... grin cool

1 Like

Re: Why You Will Never See Groundnut Pyramids In The North by mightyhaze: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Don't I just love d way ds bishopmagic xsanguinates his opponents mercilessly wit surgical precision cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Now prayers for Buhari return answered, how many of you prayed???? / Nnamdi Kanu's Statue Almost Completed-pics / Asari Dokubo Blasts "Afonjas" On Diezani Madueke Alleged $94 Billion Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.