Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:37 PM

MP3 Players in Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MP3 Players in Nigeria (8687 Views)

Portable Packaged MP3 Players Available / Am I Better Than M.i?: Top Players In The Nigerian Rap Game / Eu To Set Volume Limits On Mp3 Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MP3 Players in Nigeria by demmy(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2005
MP3 Players

Do you have any? And have they caught on in Nigeria? I am planning to buy a 40Gb Creative Zen at a bargain, 230 euros for my mp3 collection. Nice. I can't wait.

I think Zinox Technologies could be making the players or assembling them. Apple's IPod is not made by Apple either. They just assembled 3rd party components and splashed their name on the end product and ran all the way to the banks after.

[img]http://kakaku.aol.co.jp/images/productimage/fullscale/01301010430.jpg[/img]
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Seun(m): 5:26pm On May 24, 2005
Demmy, thanks for raising the topic.

I would really like to have an MP3 Player, but it's not in my budget yet. I see 240 Euros as a lot of money - how can I spend 40,000 naira for what is essentially a walkman? Perhaps it would be worth it if one can get a smartphone that can also play MP3 files.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by diakim(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2005
Demmy,

If you buy an MP3 Player, you will be saddled with carrying the MP3 Player and your handset at the same time.

The best is to do as Seun has suggested. Buy a cellphone that can play MP3. Any of the underlisted will do, and you can upgrade the memory to 1GB:

Nokia 9300, Nokia 9500, Sony Ericsson P910i and Nokia 7710, not necessarily in order of preference. The new Sony Ericsson W800 is a cellphone and a walkman at the same time. You might want to look into that option too.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Hunter(m): 7:10am On May 25, 2005
I have an apple ipod that I love (paid AUD $450 for it 8 months ago) and I use it far more than I use my pocket pc. A few of my mates have the ipod mini's and they seem good too. Certainatly makes the boring periods at school fly by (in perticular maths which I hate, much to the disgust of my maths teacher I don't really care about 7 different ways about solving, the moddeling (drawing) a cubic equation)) cheesy

I forgot to mention one of my friends has a creative zen touch and it is roughly twice as thick as my ipod so keep that in mind...
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by demmy(m): 7:56am On May 25, 2005
The smartphone option is good but not satisfactory on the account of their limited storage capability and fragility. I have a huge collection of mp3 files so a 40gb player is more like it. Beside I'm a sucker for technology.

Ipod is still really expensive over here in Greece. A 30gb Ipod cost as much as a 40gb Zen and that zen is not as heavy as it look.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 25, 2005
Well, I wish I had an IPod. I'm crazy about music and I keep listening wonderful new and old school music everyday. To me, it'll be real wonderful if you could store all the sonsg you love in the world in one gadget and have access to it steadily. But it's the same thing here. It's above my budget/reach.

Hunter I'll advice you to get with maths. In today's IT world maths is a necessity. It really is worth understanding. I've realised that why most people say they hate Mathematics is because they get confused at some point. And this would all change if someone could help them out.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Farriel(m): 11:43pm On May 26, 2005
I think that an MP3 player is quite ok for anyone to have. Anytime, anywhere. The cost of these stuffs however, is simply the most significant deterring factor. But the Zen is one I really don't think I'd give an ok signal for its purchase. Lots of my folks who have it are complaining about the way it works. Most remarkably is the navigation, which they say isn't as intuitive as the Ipod.

I'd run to an IPod anyday. It's simply the coolest mobile device of the century.

And Demmy, how do you mean Apple didn't make the Ipod?
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Hunter(m): 6:50am On May 27, 2005
They outsource the construction to china, cheap labour...

I forgot to mention that my mate has had to send his zen back three times (twice due to it locking up constantly and one where the remote just stopped working)
sad
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Ka: 8:42am On May 27, 2005
I'm with Seun on this one. Why spend so much on a device that only does one thing when you can by another device for much less that does more than one thing? Makes no sense to me - I suspect most people buy iPods because they are 'cool' (whatever that means) more than any other reason.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Hunter(m): 11:14am On May 27, 2005
nope i bought mine because it was the best available option smiley
One item that does it all usually doesn't do it all and has a single point of failure, for instance say i bought a phone with mp3 playback and the phone died where does that leave me?
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by jogego(m): 7:24pm On May 31, 2005
Hidden_Hunter:

nope I bought mine because it was the best available option smiley
One item that does it all usually doesn't do it all and has a single point of failure, for instance say I bought a phone with mp3 playback and the phone died where does that leave me?

Fine point. But for me the major reason for having a dedicated music player is the quality of sound. The sound played by the MP3 player on my sony ericsson  through its headset is just not comparable to the sound quality of an ipod. The main Ipod is too expensive but am thinking of getting the ipod shuffle which is cheap @ £69.99.... tongue what I call the poor man's Ipod.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2005
Superior Equipment Limited, 285B, Corporation Drive, Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi has the following items in Stock (Guardian Compulife advert):
[list][li]iPod, 20Gb and 40Gb models.[/li][li]IPod Shuffle, 512Mb and 1Gb models[/li][li]iPod Photo, 30Gb/60Gb models.[/li][/list]

Their listed email address is info@superior-equipment.com, and telephone number 01-4614048, 2613752,7221747. Hope this helps anyone who wants an iPod in Lagos, Nigeria.

The generic brand iPod refers to a class of portable digital audio players designed and marketed by Apple Computer. (Hewlett-Packard also markets the product under the name Apple iPod + HP.) Devices in the iPod family offer a simple user interface designed around a central scroll wheel. Most iPod models store media on a built-in hard drive, while a lower-end model, iPod shuffle, relies on flash memory. Like most digital audio players, an iPod device can serve as an external data storage device while connected to a computer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod

It's the most popular portable mp3/music player in the world. It is also the coolest cool.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Niggy(m): 8:50am On Jun 28, 2005
i have a p900 and an accer advance 512MB mp3 player with voice recording,equalizer playlist, shuffle,repeat, continous playback with radio and can also function as a flash drive.
for now i'm even not findin it easy carryin the two around so i only go out with my p900 which can perform both functions of a phone n mp3 player. Atimes i can't help goin with my flash cos i need to transfer data.
i think the 40gb creative player is great, u don't have to carry it around all the time bt the need for it comes when u r goin for a picnic, travellin etc u know it's ur library of songs the way most people use their computer for song storage.
think i'm gettin one soon too.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2005
Several Nigerians all over the country became proud Apple Ipod Mini owners in the Coca-Cola 'Road to Refreshment' Promo, which ended on the 30th of November. Congratulations to them!
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by demmy(m): 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2005
Wow! Seun thats great. Congratulation to them and happy Ipodding.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by theORAKU(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2005
i have a nokia3300 music fone. made for mp3 music lovers.
good output with expandable memory thru memory cards. also supports fm radio.
it cud play 9hrs straight b4 running down.

Iam thinkng abt getting a nokia 6233 or a sony erricsson w550, they are better fones with gud cameras and mp3 player.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by debanjee(m): 12:29am On Jan 13, 2006
b
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by comechop(m): 6:18am On Jan 13, 2006
Guys, there is too much HYPE about ipods. They look good, but cost-benefit is not high. I did some research on MP3 players, and i finally decided to buy a Phillips...its the same price as an ipod nano, but with many more features - radio, voice recorder...and 6GB!!!! thats almost 3,000 songs. Plus it looks super good. Dont waste ur money on ipods..there are better deals out there...SHINE YOUR EYE!!! check out:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4104446
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:21am On Jan 13, 2006
if you buy an expensive phone when u jam dem areas boys u go wound o, but all this mp3 players dem even if they see u they wont understand wetin e dey do. I am with seun on the price stuff. Spending anything above 15k on mp3 player is a luxury in a country like Nigeria.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:24am On Jan 13, 2006
@debanjee, what is the current price of the gadget u got in naira and can it be got in Lagos?
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by luridguy(m): 6:57pm On Jan 13, 2006
@comechop the phllips mp3 is nice and a good sub for an ipod but an ipod is still bigger and takes more songs
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by debanjee(m): 2:07am On Jan 14, 2006
@
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by tipsy289(m): 12:01am On Jan 15, 2006
You can store your mp3 songs on any fone wit a large memory, the only prblm is you dont get more than 2GB for now so thats not enough songs.The Ipod just has a good reputation, that's why its selling well, creative zen its okay but one good one is Iriver.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2006
my mp3 player is 512mb
i sold all my audio cd's coz i hav all my favorite songs on my mp3
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by panthress(f): 7:14pm On Jan 17, 2006
pplz get a 60 gb video n photo ipod. i got one and itz like somethin outta jamez bond movie. i got it for all most £300 but pay £3 pounds monthly meanz i got insurance n i can smash it n get a new one smiley

Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by kenniy(m): 10:09am On Feb 08, 2006
i use a creative zen micro.. so cute and lots of functions for its price!
yh much bigger dan a nano but smaller dan ipod mini of its generation
plus more funstions too!(radio,recorder,removable flash,betta sound quality...)
i dont regret gettin it!!

of cos am in nigeria!!!
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Badman888(m): 9:02pm On Mar 12, 2006
I advise the to get the ipod Video its cool, i use the 30gb one. but its kind off fragile.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by kenniy(m): 8:21am On Mar 13, 2006
i think the creative vision :m is better than the ipod video. more screen resolution amongst alot of other things. quite thicker than the ipod video though,
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Jackal(m): 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2006
60GB iPod Video is the best toy for guys out there. I got mine for 300 pounds and this device rocks and keeps u fly whenever NEPA strikes. Stores up to 15,000 tracks and abt 20,000 photos plus u get to watch loadz of music videos with a crystal-clear screen.
Its slim and i think its better than Zen micro. The 30GB version is also cool but u gotta be careful how u handle this device cos its fragile.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by kenniy(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2006
of course it better than a zen micro, but not better than a zen vision:m , you just said its its way too fragile, and it scratches the very first day, even in contact with silk!! the resolution is just 64k when the zen vision:m has 264k, amongst alot of other advantages,
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Kave(m): 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2006
Kai! I bought this nice mp3 player from gaoxing in opebi.It's just 6k but believe me its tha bomb.Wat i did is that i got an apple ipod earphone. If u hear it en?If u b girl,u go fall 4 me instantly. If u b boy,u go by force borrow am.Either to freak ur babe or to use am catch babes. Its really cheap sha.
Re: MP3 Players in Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:48am On Mar 31, 2006
What's the model/make of this wonderful MP3 player?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tops Musicians That Sold Their Live To Satan / Bracket - "Girl" Feat. Wizkid / Download Full Tracks: MI Abaga Album – Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.