Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones (5399 Views)

Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone / Mediatek MT6750T Vs Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 [snapshots] / How To Mannually Install Mediatek VCOM Drivers On Your Windows PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Einsthawkton(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
something about it, when it gets to 40℅ it drains more quickly even at that it lasts longer than my infinix hot note pro
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Einsthawkton:
something about it, when it gets to 40℅ it drains more quickly even at that it lasts longer than my infinix hot note pro

But cannot last 24 hrs under heavy usage. U have already dropped 40% in less than 3 hours.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Einsthawkton(m): 8:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
greenhulk:

But cannot last 24 hrs under heavy usage. U have already dropped 40% in less than 3 hours.

that's right bro, vebeen enjoying this free psiphon since morning #neverOFFdata since morning
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Einsthawkton(m): 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
and you know how ba3 drains while having your data connection ON
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Einsthawkton(m): 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
Take a look

Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
Einsthawkton:

that's right bro, vebeen enjoying this free psiphon since morning #neverOFFdata since morning

Huh... I'm on WiFi 24/7, and when I'm out of WiFi area my 4g is on. I'm never offline for even 1 minute. I have my phone on 50% brightness and always online. I watch YouTube, play games and surf the net and have lots of notifications come in, plus at least 1 and half hours of calls everyday. That is called heavy usage. One of my phones have 2,600mah battery with quick charge, the other has 3,000mah. When I charge my phone overnight, by 2-3pm I will need to recharge. I promise u if u use ur phone like that ur phone will hardly last 5 hours before u need a recharge.
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Einsthawkton(m): 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
greenhulk:

Huh... I'm on WiFi 24/7, and when I'm out of WiFi area my 4g is on. I'm never offline for even 1 minute. I have my phone on 50% brightness and always online. I watch YouTube, play games and surf the net and have lots of notifications come in, plus at least 1 and half hours of calls everyday. That is called heavy usage. One of my phones have 2,600mah battery with quick charge, the other has 3,000mah. When I charge my phone overnight, by 2-3pm I will need to recharge. I promise u if u use ur phone like that ur phone will hardly last 5 hours before u need a recharge.
Does WiFi drain ba3 as much as mobile data connection?
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by xtervaganza(m): 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
greenhulk:

I do not see how an android phone with 2,000mah battery can last 24 hrs with heavy usage. Haba... Shey the screen na 2 inch screen be the phone? Abi na monochrome phone.
you de mind d liar

Lol
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
Einsthawkton:
Does WiFi drain ba3 as much as mobile data connection?

Depends on how strong the signal is. Ifbthe WiFi is unstable it would consume more battery. Also if ur network signal is stable it would consume less battery than when unstable. The one that really consumes more battery is 4GLTE. if u have fluctuating network it is advisable to switch to 2g until u have stable connection if u wanna save battery.
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
Einsthawkton:
YEA, I OWN A WIKO RAINBOW JAM IT RUNS ON SNAPDRAGON PROCESSORS. ITS SUPERB, FAST, LESS HEAT WHILE RUNNING HEAVY APPS like charging and browsing or charging and gaming The ba3life is wonderful, it has fast charge technology, even having a 2000mah capacity a full charge would last for an hour or less and would take up to 24hrs to drain up,that's if you're a heavy phone user

Snap dragon rocks

Bia nwokem, u said ur phone is wiko rainbow jam with 2,000mah battery right? So why do u think it runs snaldragon? That phone runs on mediatek MT6582. The one that on snapdragon 210 is wiko rainbow jam 4g with 2,500mah battery.
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Einsthawkton(m): 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
greenhulk:

Depends on how strong the signal is. Ifbthe WiFi is unstable it would consume more battery. Also if ur network signal is stable it would consume less battery than when unstable. The one that really consumes more battery is 4GLTE. if u have fluctuating network it is advisable to switch to 2g until u have stable connection if u wanna save battery.
Noted bro, maybe that's why I think the phone's ba3 life is power ful..I have a stable 3g
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Einsthawkton(m): 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
greenhulk:

Bia nwokem, u said ur phone is wiko rainbow jam with 2,000mah battery right? So why do u think it runs snaldragon? That phone runs on mediatek MT6582. The one that on snapdragon 210 is wiko rainbow jam 4g with 2,500mah battery.
If you keep following these online specs for phone you would get mis lead.. It's better you get the specs directly from the manufacturer or someone who have used it previously.
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Einsthawkton(m): 10:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
Me wey get phone, The ba3 is 2000mah buh online specs. shows 2500mah
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
Einsthawkton:

Actually some of these OEM's make different version of the same phones for some regions, a good example is gionee. They release a phone with 2gb of ram in china, but they sell the same phone in Nigeria with 1gb of ram at reduced price.

As for wiko rainbow jam, the standard is 2,500mah and mediatek while wiko rainbow jam 4g runs on 2,500mah and snapdragon 210. It is either ur phone is the 4g version that's why u have snapdragon because I don't see why they would sell the non 4g version with snapdragon in Nigeria at a reduced price. As for the battery, yes it is possible for it to be 2,000mah to cut price. Or ur phone is the non 4g version running mediatek and not snapdragon.
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Youngzedd(m): 7:23am On Jan 14, 2016
omoikea:
very informative...

am sure most people don't even know what's processors

Absolutely.

That's why when you see Tecno or Infinix fans, they will be taking about processor speed without knowing the main koko.

They're mistaking processor speed to processor itself.
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Xhaka(m): 10:02am On Jan 14, 2016
Einsthawkton:
No proof still
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by jheed: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
But my Camon C8 lasts about 12hrs on heavy usage, how come the L5 with much more battery capacity can't outdo that?

Xhaka:

Lmao!!!! grin
Even the likes of L5 and Gionee M3 don't last for 15hrs on heavy usage
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by jaytime(m): 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Einsthawkton:
Bro, simply download and install CPU-Z on your phone and post the screen shot here to clear that doubt on your phone's spec.
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Xhaka(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2016
jheed:
But my Camon C8 lasts about 12hrs on heavy usage, how come the L5 with much more battery capacity can't outdo that?

Maybe you've been using the L5 to charge your camon tongue
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Xhaka(m): 10:18am On Jan 15, 2016
Einsthawkton:
Hehe, na scam
Which product be that?
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Einsthawkton(m): 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
Xhaka:

Hehe, na scam
Which product be that?
WIKO
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by jheed: 6:46am On Jan 20, 2016
Hahaha! This one sef dey. Unfortunately, I never buy L5

Xhaka:

Maybe you've been using the L5 to charge your camon tongue
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Xhaka(m): 9:11am On Jan 20, 2016
jheed:
Hahaha! This one sef dey. Unfortunately, I never buy L5

You better buy quickly before it get out of stock tongue
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by papadjaji: 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Your topic is an interesting one. But your comparison is vague. For me, make your assessments against common benchmarks and a novice like me will be so educated.

Thanks for what you've shared "sa".
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by jheed: 1:30am On Jan 21, 2016
brother, money at the moment isn't even smiling.

Xhaka:

You better buy quickly before it get out of stock tongue
Re: Difference Between Mediatek, Intel Atom and Snapdragon Phones by Xhaka(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2016
jheed:
brother, money at the moment isn't even smiling.

No be small thing o, Gf don dey ask of camon c8 as val's gift undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many People Still Remember This Nokia Phone (photo) / Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! / Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.