Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency (13766 Views)

Omogunwa's Defection To APC: PDP Senators Walk Out On Saraki / APC Won’t Sanction Dogara And Jibrin Over Budget Padding / Senate Terminates REMITA Contract And Orders Prosecution Of Culprits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by ijustdey: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Olusola Fabiyi and Olalekan Adetayo

The defection of politicians accused of corruption from other political parties to the ruling All Progressives Congress will not stop them from being investigated and prosecuted, the Presidency has said.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said this in an interview with one of our correspondents.

Adesina was asked if defection from PDP to the APC was enough to save those already implicated in the $2.1bn arms scandal from investigation and prosecution.

A former Minister of Sports, Chief Jim Nwobodo, who had been named as one of the beneficiaries of some funds distributed by a former Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda, defected from the PDP to the APC on Friday.

Nwobodo said he was the Chairman of the Contact Committee of the PDP Presidential Campaign for the South-East, and the only fund received by the committee for its work was N100m from PDP’s National Chairman, Dr. Adamu Mu’azu.

Adesina, however, said the present administration’s anti-corruption fight would not be based on party affiliation, adding that the President would not encourage any cover-up.

“It is not in the nature of this administration to cover anyone who has questions to answer on corruption, irrespective of party affiliation,” he said.

The presidential spokesman explained that the release of a former military governor of Kaduna State and a chieftain of the APC, Jafaru Isa, by the EFCC had nothing to do with Isa’s relationship with the President.

Isa, who was quizzed by the commission, was said to have been released after he refunded N100m of the N170m he allegedly received from the embattled Dasuki.

“The EFCC is in a better position to tell you why Jafaru Isa was released. But it definitely has nothing to do with his relationship with the President. If that were the case, then he would not have been picked in the first place,” he said.

Meanwhile, the EFCC on Monday said it had not invited Jonathan for questioning in connection with the arms fund probe because no document had established a link between the former President and the distribution of the fund for other purposes other than arms purchase.

The acting Chairman of the commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, explained that the former President could not be arrested as some had canvassed as no document had been traced to Jonathan, giving any approval for the disbursement of the money for any other purpose than arms procurement.

Magu, who spoke with some online publishers in Lagos, added that those who had been quizzed so far in connection with the fund were people who either collected or redistributed the money for reasons other than the purchase of arms.

“All approvals by former President Jonathan did not mention that it was for political purposes. All the memos approved by him were for the purchase of arms,” Magu added.

www.punchng.com/defection-apc-wont-stop-prosecution-corrupt-politicians-presidency/

lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by islandmoon: 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
I love this government!!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by finestiyke(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
Nice
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
Amazing

So like Saraki, Peter Obi (work in progress), Others

4 Likes

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by HzRF(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
Tell that to ur zombies (Rice-tivists)

11 Likes

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by luvinhubby(m): 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
Prosecute the ones caught in your party first before we will believe that you will prosecute decampees.

Jaafaru Issa is a free man today after he 'returned' part of what he stole.

16 Likes

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by politricks: 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
The book of PMB chapter 3 verse 2 says 'i belong to everybody and i belong to nobody' While the book of GEJ chapter 4 verse 2 says 'stealing is not corruption'.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by mysteriousman(m): 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
Where are Jim and the likes una don hear

2 Likes

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by mayor4christ(m): 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
It's easier say than done
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by wellmax(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
Please tell them
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by baruzeez(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
K
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by PBundles(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
Yes thats true. Our last cross over was our boy Ameachi and he also donated to the campaign, so please no more defectors.

thanks
signed Press sec APC

10 Likes

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by omenka(m): 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
Mr Nwobodo 5000, hope you've seen this. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by ThuggerBaby(m): 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
If Buhari was next to me, i would whip out a belt and flog the shiit outa him. Imagine Amaechi walking freely with his MAGICAL monorail project. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by ZUBY77(m): 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
You mean arresting and detaining them?

The last time I checked, no one has been prosecuted or jailed.

I want to see these criminals in jail.
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by crispberry(f): 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
Abeg which company is frondgroup

I've been invited for a test tomorrow. Is it a legit company?
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by thefakestan: 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
This is superstory

Tell me more.

ThefakeStan
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by hakeem4(m): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
If them like let them go to ABC the corrupt ones must be punished
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by Flets: 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Tinubu
Atiku
Obasanjo
Saraki
Amaechi
Ngige
Audu Ogbeh
Fashola
Fayemi
Timipreye Sylva
Ngige

These criminals are already in APC. Buhari can kindly start with them.

At the end, the target is to fool the docile, ignorant and dumb Nigerian masses.

While Nigerians masses are busy entertaining themselves with the arms purchase scam, Amaechi, Fashola, Tinubu and Saraki are busy looting/ recovering their 73 billion naira investment to Buhari's campaign.

Meanwhile. .... Buhari has successfully led Nigeria to a recession.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by Positivist: 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Apart from prosecuting alleged corrupt politicians, the APC-led Federal Government should make public the amount of all returned monies so that recovered looted funds wouldn't be relooted. There shouldn't be secrecy in the loot recovery project.
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
Defection to apc won't stop prosecution of corrupt politicians

i dnt knw if somebody else saw anytin wrong in dis statement, and i dnt knw hw am gonna make it luk like, 4 u guyz to understand that everytin is damn wrong with it.

First of all dis statement is uncalled for, what is d essence of dis statement?

B4 nko? Will d defection of d corrupt politicians from pdp to apc affect or stop the prosecution of corrupt politicians, dis statement is making d presidency luks foolish and childish b4 d whole country as a whole and d world at large.

As a citizen of dis gr8t country, am so ashamed of dis statement, its totally uncalled for.

I drop my mik here
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by imsuboi(m): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
this administration is a huge joke grin grin

1 Like

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by slimpoppa(m): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
It shouldn't. .. it cant.
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by olafum1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
OK. Time shall tell cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by cutebobo(m): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
It is only in Nigeria that you ask someone of his profession and he replies
I'm a Politician

Ole!

1 Like

Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by marycool18(f): 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
Who is the stubborn guy that said he won't return his millions of loot? Well every loot was a hit back to back from Abacha to Dasuki but defection ti take over grin
Re: Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency by allanphash7(m): 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
Yinmu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

External Reserves Hit Three Month High Near $25bn / APC Denies Raising N6.5 Trillion To Bribe INEC Officers And Voters / Wike To Cole: If The Election Is Conducted 25000 Times, You Will Still Lose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.