Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Dhl To Sponsor Nigeria Premier League Side Wikki Tourist For The New Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dhl To Sponsor Nigeria Premier League Side Wikki Tourist For The New Season (608 Views)

Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons / Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) / Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dhl To Sponsor Nigeria Premier League Side Wikki Tourist For The New Season by starlight101(m): 5:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
DHL partners with Wikki Tourists FC of
Bauchi

By NAN on January 12, 2016 4:26 pm
International courier company DHL, is to partner
with Wikki Tourists FC of Bauchi, with a view to
enhancing the fortunes of the club.

Mr Sharon Abott, Chief Executive Officer of the
company, made this known on Tuesday in Bauchi
when she paid a courtesy-call on Gov. Mohammed
Abubakar.

Abott explained that under the partnership, DHL
would provide jerseys, tracksuits, boots and other
kits, free of charge to the team.

She further explained that the company would also
sponsor both national and international matches
involving the club in the next three years.

Abott said that she was in the state to inspect sports
and airport facilities in the state, as well as meet
with supporters of the club, before signing an
agreement.

The CEO commended the state government for
maintaining a cordial relationship with the company
and assured that DHL would not disappointment the
state.

In his remarks, Gov. Mohammed Abubakar described
the partnership as a welcome development, adding
that he had been having nightmare on how to boost
fortunes of the club

“I have interest in sports and how to enhance the

fortunes of the club has been my concern since my

assumption of office.

“I accept the partnership as a lot would be off my
shoulders; the state is lucky to host a lot of facilities

and tournaments, especially Abubakar Tafawa
Balewa Memorial Stadium, Bauchi.

“With this development, I am sure of bringing back
the lost glory of the state in sports,” he said.

The governor urged Abott to visit the Bauchi
International Airport and Yankari game reserve
Source. Www
Ngrvanguard. Com
/GRDN-
DHLPARTNE…
Re: Dhl To Sponsor Nigeria Premier League Side Wikki Tourist For The New Season by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
Welcome development, hope others league club in nigeria can get huge offers
Re: Dhl To Sponsor Nigeria Premier League Side Wikki Tourist For The New Season by starlight101(m): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Oma307:
yea a really welcome developmemt
Re: Dhl To Sponsor Nigeria Premier League Side Wikki Tourist For The New Season by dominique(f): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
That's a nice development for our local league. Most of these teams are suffering because they are solely sponsored by their respective state government.
Re: Dhl To Sponsor Nigeria Premier League Side Wikki Tourist For The New Season by Tolexander: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
Oma307:
if the NPL is properly organised, there will definitely be sponsorship from many companies for the clubs.

Honestly speaking, Nigerians are more interested in Nigerian musicians nowadays, unlike in the 90s where American musicians dominated Nigerian scene. Our league is meant to receive up to 50% of the attention the premiership enjoys. Proper organization attracts lucrative sponsorship.

1 Like

Re: Dhl To Sponsor Nigeria Premier League Side Wikki Tourist For The New Season by starlight101(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
Tolexander:
if the NPL is properly organised, there will definitely be sponsorship from many companies for the clubs.
yea true talk
Lalasticlala help promote our league

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City Has Confirmed Manager Pep Guardiola Has Their New Coach / Predict And Win! Special Valentine Edition - 366football / Can Anyone Stop Barcelona? Probably Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.