Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,805 members, 7,806,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television (19271 Views)

Gbella, Ikon, Gololo At Public Hearing On Alleged Sexual Misconduct Against Reps / Senate Clears Amaechi As Minister / Ministerial Screening: Again, Fashola Clears Air On N78m Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by realjoker(m): 12:21am On Jan 13, 2016
Controversy appears to be trailing the passage of the 2016 budget, as there are reports that the budget is missing.

A federal lawmaker, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Channels Television that there were fears that the 2016 budget had disappeared from the National Assembly.

President Buhari on December 22 presented the 2016 budget to a joint session of the National Assembly.

The Senate on resumption of plenary on Tuesday went into a closed-door session which lasted for nearly two hours.

The lawmaker said the issue of the whereabouts of the budget was discussed during the closed door meeting.

The source further said the Senate had directed its Committee on Ethics and Privileges to investigate the matter.

No Truth To Insinuations

But the Senate spokesman, Aliyu Abdullahi, in an interview with Channels Television said he was not aware that the 2016 budget was missing.

“To the best of my knowledge, I am not aware of any missing budget. What we discussed today is how we are going to work assiduously, as Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to consider the budget as submitted by the president.

“Added to this, we have agreed that we should work hard to make sure that by the end of February the budget is ready for approval or assent by the President,” Mr Abdullahi stated.

The Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations, Honourable Abdulmumin Jibrin, said that there is no truth to insinuations that the 2016 budget document is missing.

He said that the claims may have been inspired by the initial insufficiency of the copies of the budget available to all the lawmakers.

“As far as I am concerned, that story does not hold water. We were expecting copies to be printed and sent to the National Assembly but there was a bit of delay.

“As at yesterday, I can confirm to you that the Appropriation Committee in the House received a lot of copies of the budget. By the time the Clerk counted it today, it was not sufficient to go round members.

“I spoke with the Minister of Planning earlier today [Tuesday] and he assured me that before the end of today he will deliver the remaining copies.

“For the soft copy I also reminded him and he sent it to me and I handed it over to the House,” he explained.

Honourable Jibrin said the rumour of missing budget may have been triggered by the delay in the production of more copies of the budget.

“You should realise that we have a new government in place and I think that there is little issue of communication gap and they are trying to get themselves settled. We should be able to excuse them and support the President wherever there is a bit of limitation from his own side,” he told Channels Television’s correspondent, Charles Eruka.

Earlier, the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, after a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari declined to comment on the budget issue when reporters asked him questions about the alleged missing 2016 budget.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/01/12/senate-clears-air-on-alleged-missing-2016-budget/
Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 13, 2016
We already knew people behind the false allegation. angry
GOD bless Nigeria.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Mack3N: 12:26am On Jan 13, 2016
It does not still say where the budget is.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by staymore: 12:30am On Jan 13, 2016
The budget was INCONCLUSIVE

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:31am On Jan 13, 2016
In other word, No Budget Was Missing?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by bigt2(m): 12:32am On Jan 13, 2016
So you mean to tell me the budget is intact and untouched?

Adonbilivit

8 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Yes sir. angry

3 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 13, 2016
sameer1212:
Yes sir. angry

It is well with Nigeria. God will help us

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:37am On Jan 13, 2016
sameer1212:
Yes sir. angry
Thanks but stay away from Midehi undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by oshyno(m): 12:38am On Jan 13, 2016
Naija. Soo throughout the brake and knowing fully they are resuming on 12th they had to wait till that 12th to print the document.

House of comedy.

18 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks but stay away from Midehi undecided undecided
Lol... I no get your time now because we good people of RIVER STATE are preparing for the coming election. cheesy

Long live River state

Long live our next governor Mr Dakuku Peterside

Long live Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 13, 2016
uzomatony:

It is well with Nigeria. God will help us
Amen O. grin
Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Confusionist(m): 2:45am On Jan 13, 2016
Even if the budget lost sef, no be to just order for reprint? Abi the thing be pool paper?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 13, 2016
Front page
Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Gboliwe: 2:58am On Jan 13, 2016
Interesting!

But, what has this got to do with the budget?
“You should realise that we have a new government in place and I think that there is little issue of communication gap and they are trying to get themselves settled. We should be able to excuse them and support the President wherever there is a bit of limitation from his own side,”

Anyway, even Amirika knows our budgetofyams is missing

3 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Aufbauh(m): 5:16am On Jan 13, 2016
cheesy Another cheap and disjointed propaganda from the Wailing opposition bursted.
How can a voluminous document got missing from both Chambers or a budget that has not been deliberated upon got withdrawn?

They came with the story of kidnapped or killed 100 soldiers, their lies was exposed, they said all sorts of lies to rubbish the five classed budget presented by Bubu and his team, it weren't selling to discerning minds.
Una no dey tire......... Kontinu, 2023 is a long route to go.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Meriekriss: 5:58am On Jan 13, 2016
What are all this forth and back denial sef? Haba...

Check my signature for your breathtaking wallpapers and 3D wall panels, floors, ceilings and wooden blinds & floors..
Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Bekwarra(m): 6:38am On Jan 13, 2016
*in a closed door meeting*

Buhari: Bukola na me call you o. You sef you see the controversy wey this budget thing dey generate?

Saraki: Your excellency naso we see am o. How some people go come steal budget for NASS pass my power. But sha we go set up committee wey go investigate and sanction the culprits

Buhari: Bukola walahi make I talk truth, na me steal am. I wan use style cut down some things as per say Nigerians dey vex

Saraki: but you for tell me nah, no be say you go just steal am like that

Buhari: Ok no vex, just cover me make this package no leak out. You sha see say we don almost forget your CCT trial.

Saraki: well I will talk to my people and see what we can do.

Buhari: what of the feedeefee senators?

Saraki: baba no worry, I no how I go handle them. The problem now is that many people have heard and the online wailers are already wailing. What we go do about those ones na the koko.

Buhari: no worry jare. As per the people, The Nation, Premium Times, Punch and Sahara Reporters go handle them well and the online wailers, I trust my wife's Rice Eaters to do justice to them.

Saraki: good baba you have it all worked out. Once a general, always a general. But as I dey enter, reporters plenty for entrance o. Wetin we wan do those ones?

Buhari: find one lie give them jor. No be APC member you be? You no sabi lie again? Wait sef make I call Lai make he find one lie borrow you.

*both actors exit stage*
*light fades out*
*curtains draw on stage*

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:46am On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Did you for one second believe the budget was missing.
Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:53am On Jan 13, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Did you for one second believe the budget was missing.
The budget is a piece of document that can be printed and reprinted at any time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:55am On Jan 13, 2016
sameer1212:
Lol... I no get your time now because we good people of RIVER STATE are preparing for the coming election. cheesy

Long live River state

Long live our next governor Mr Dakuku Peterside

Long live Nigeria
I no know why una de give Dakuku hopeless hope o

4 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by LordMecuzy(m): 6:59am On Jan 13, 2016
Budget is just a piece of paper until when approved it becomes a law...
There was nothing special if it's missing or no jare..
God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by dtruth3(m): 7:01am On Jan 13, 2016
Damage control gringringrin

so it's that same day the senate was about to seat, that they have to print extra copy?

Secondly, why do you have to go into 2hours close door meeting first?

Lastly, why did the Senate President not come with his own copy at least?

Or do you mean to tell me that the printer could not print even one copy?

Shameless govt led by a shameless MAN!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 13, 2016
realjoker:
Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘Missing 2016 Budget’
Channels Television .
Updated January 12, 2016
Controversy appears to be trailing the passage of the 2016 budget, as there are reports that the budget is missing.
A federal lawmaker, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Channels Television that there were fears that the 2016 budget had disappeared from the National Assembly.
President Buhari on December 22 presented the 2016 budget to a joint session of the National Assembly.
The Senate on resumption of plenary on Tuesday went into a closed-door session which lasted for nearly two hours.
The lawmaker said the issue of the whereabouts of the budget was discussed during the closed door meeting.
The source further said the Senate had directed its Committee on Ethics and Privileges to investigate the matter.
No Truth To Insinuations
But the Senate spokesman, Aliyu Abdullahi, in an interview with Channels Television said he was not aware that the 2016 budget was missing.
“To the best of my knowledge, I am not aware of any missing budget. What we discussed today is how we are going to work assiduously, as Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to consider the budget as submitted by the president.
“Added to this, we have agreed that we should work hard to make sure that by the end of February the budget is ready for approval or assent by the President,” Mr Abdullahi stated.
The Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations, Honourable Abdulmumin Jibrin, said that there is no truth to insinuations that the 2016 budget document is missing.
He said that the claims may have been inspired by the initial insufficiency of the copies of the budget available to all the lawmakers.
“As far as I am concerned, that story does not hold water. We were expecting copies to be printed and sent to the National Assembly but there was a bit of delay.
“As at yesterday, I can confirm to you that the Appropriation Committee in the House received a lot of copies of the budget. By the time the Clerk counted it today, it was not sufficient to go round members.
“I spoke with the Minister of Planning earlier today [Tuesday] and he assured me that before the end of today he will deliver the remaining copies.
“For the soft copy I also reminded him and he sent it to me and I handed it over to the House,” he explained.
Honourable Jibrin said the rumour of missing budget may have been triggered by the delay in the production of more copies of the budget.
“You should realise that we have a new government in place and I think that there is little issue of communication gap and they are trying to get themselves settled. We should be able to excuse them and support the President wherever there is a bit of limitation from his own side,” he told Channels Television’s correspondent, Charles Eruka.
Earlier, the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, after a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari declined to comment on the budget issue when reporters asked him questions about the alleged missing 2016 budget.

www.channelstv.com/2016/01/12/senate-clears-air-on-alleged-missing-2016-budget/

lalasticlala, mynd44
There are two sides to the story. This particular gist is a generous one with food for both wailers and the Social Media Change agents.
My own interest is in the bolded, we're gonna have a rubber stamping NASS that wouldn't discuss the budget in principle. There would be a blanket approval of Rhee budget. My own be say make Nigeria better.
Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by mrmetoo1: 7:42am On Jan 13, 2016
It really doesn't make sense the budget is missing really if you think about it. The two houses would have theirs, presidency will have theirs, budget will have theirs and I'm sure several copies were made knowing the way we do things in Nigeria. The report also said soft copy was stolen, how? Meaning they stole the computer they saved the budget on or what? Even if they stole the storage device used to copy to send to NASS, that could have been easily reproduced. Not to talk of the countless back and forth emails with the attached budget. I think we love sensational stories. Then I think we believed it because we don't trust our leaders, in as much as the loss doesn't make sense, I think we are at that point we believe our leaders will lie about or put up any kind of excuse to achieve whatever it is they're trying to do.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by looseweight: 8:19am On Jan 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by 5starmilitant: 8:19am On Jan 13, 2016
One lawmaker says a thing, another lawmaker says another even when they entered a meeting together. Naija house of comedy.

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by Doskit(m): 8:19am On Jan 13, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by TrollTrap: 8:19am On Jan 13, 2016
Bunch of jokers I tell ya

1 Like

Re: Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television by smoby(m): 8:19am On Jan 13, 2016
Mit?hww..........may b al this useless politicians don use ham clean shit after entering the toilet .....oshi. Shame no even dey there gender @all no wonder niaja is always backwards ......stupid animals in humans skin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 73rd Birthday Today / Bukola Saraki Meets Boss Mustapha, New SGF / Peter Obi Visits Nnia Nwodo, Ohaneze Ndigbo President (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.