₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,230,510 members, 4,880,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2019 at 03:29 PM

Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala (8472 Views)

Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubers And Indigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Topeakintola: 11:13am On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Likewise the new generation igbo youths have restated their commitment to reinstate their own country. If u dont like it, go and die.

There is nothing like one Nigeria and for now Lagos is no mans land and not SW.

And what is stopping you in your quest to get your own country? I noticed you didn't mention the name of the country, are you afraid of breaking the law on a Yoruba owned website?

I can only say that 3 million will be 30 million this time around

And go and ask your brothers at Owonifari in Oshodi if Lagos is no mans land

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by gigabyte13: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:
THERE IS NO REASON TO END ANYTHING.

YORUBAS KILLED THREE MILLION IGBOS, SABOTAGE GEJ.

IT IS OUR TURN TO PAY THEM BACK IN THEIR OWN COIN. LET THEM COME AND WIN VOTES IN THE SS/SE LIKE ABIOLA ONCE DID LET US SEE.

FASHOLA & AMBODE DID NOT JUST KILL APC IN SS/SE BUT YORUBA CHANCE OF EVER WINNING VOTE IN THE REGION.

Kiikiiikiiiiii, bros sorry oo, shey ur brain dey leak ni? Osinbajo did not need ur vote to be VP, neither did Fashola need ur votes to become 3star minister. Abeg make una go cook una thumb chop jareee.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by jonathanOz: 11:20am On Jan 13, 2016
Well written. But i don't see this nonsense hatred ending anytime soon. The hatred has gone down deep, it's even beginning to rear it's ugly head in the entertainment industry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 11:22am On Jan 13, 2016
Topeakintola:

And what is stopping you in your quest to get your own country? I noticed you didn't mention the name of the country, are you afraid of breaking the law on a Yoruba owned website?

I can only say that 3 million will be 30 million this time around

And go and ask your brothers at Owonifari in Oshodi if Lagos is no mans land

Dat is where i laugh at u, we alerted u to your brother Ile Epo Market mortally wounded but becos u heard they were traders, without reading the article u conclude they were igbos and did not FP topic.

If i meet u in real life and want that fight, chances is u will start preaching peace becos u will die.

Here is the glorified ghetto called Lagos. Igbos dont want Lagos but are forced to claim Lagos, wat we want is our country reinstated and that is not negotiable.

Presently, Ganiyu Nosiru is in critical condition at LASUTH where the doctors are battling to save his life after he was brutally shot at close range by an inspector at Ile Epo while Dele and Shina are at a private hospital now receiving treatment for gunshots wounds and machete cuts,” the statement said.
According to the statement, “the entire leadership of this market hereby at this juncture declare that the Executive Secretary of Agbado Oke Odo is an enemy of the people and the entire traders at Ile Epo Market, as he was the one who brought Richard Adeyanju together with the police at Idimu and NURTW thugs into the market to kill and maim harmless and innocent traders.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by johnmartus(m): 11:26am On Jan 13, 2016
ONLY IF THEY WILL SWALLOW THEIR PRIDE grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Topeakintola: 11:35am On Jan 13, 2016
The same glorified ghetto that millions of your people troop to everyday to sell gala and pure water

Smh...

B69U:

Dat is where i laugh at u, we alerted u to your brother in Owonifai mortally wounded but becos u heard they were traders, without reading the article u conclude they were igbos and did not FP topic.

If i meet u in real life and want that fight, chances is u will start preaching peace becos u will die.

Here is the glorified ghetto called Lagos. Igbos dont want Lagos but are forced to claim Lagos, wat we want is our country reinstated and that is not negotiable.

11 Likes

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by vega84(m): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2016
My only problem with them is their coward lifestyle, them too fear , tufiwa! #VEGATALKS

1 Like

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by ChristStriker(m): 11:58am On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:
THERE IS NO REASON TO END ANYTHING.

YORUBAS KILLED THREE MILLION IGBOS, SABOTAGE GEJ.

IT IS OUR TURN TO PAY THEM BACK IN THEIR OWN COIN. LET THEM COME AND WIN VOTES IN THE SS/SE LIKE ABIOLA ONCE DID LET US SEE.

FASHOLA & AMBODE DID NOT JUST KILL APC IN SS/SE BUT YORUBA CHANCE OF EVER WINNING VOTE IN THE REGION.

you are so narrow-minded. cry
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Lilimax(f): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
I will only take Igbo versus Yoruba rants on-line serious when they begin to forbid marriage among themselves
as well as forbidding to worship in the same church pan Nigeria embarassed
Failing to do so, they are playing hide and seek game and I will never take them serious smiley

1 Like

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
Lilimax:
I will only take Igbo versus Yoruba rants on-line serious when they begin to forbid marriage among themselves
as well as forbidding to worship in the same church pan Nigeria embarassed
Failing to do so, they are playing hide and seek game and I will never take them serious smiley

Dat marriage one is somethings Osu Igbos, prostitute, efulefu and gold diggers wanting their share of the national cake embark on in Lagos.

Marriage to Yorubas is a Taboo in Igboland, if u dont know your culture go and learn.
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Lilimax(f): 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Dat marriage one is somethings Osu Igbos and gold diggers wanting their share of the national cake embark on in Lagos.

Marriage to Yorubas is a Taboo in Igboland, if u dont know your culture go and learn.
Says Who @ highlighted. embarassed
That's what we were told while growing up but the youths of nowadays no send anybody undecided
I've attended so many marriages involving Igbo and Yoruba. I still have one to attend on 30/1/2016
The guy is from Imo state while the lady is from Ogun state smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
Lilimax:
Says Who @ highlighted. embarassed
That what what we were told while growing up but the youths of nowadays no send anybody undecided
I've attended so many marriages involving Igbo and Yoruba. I still have one to attend on 30/1/2016
The guy is from Imo state while the lady is from Ogun state smiley

Did u say guy? Go and check well, he is an Osu. Igbo men are allegic to yoruba stinking pus.sy.

Where is he bringing that one, hope not my Alaigbo?

It is time something is done to scrap the Osu culture, it is creating problem for some Igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Lilimax(f): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Did u say guy? Go and check well, he is an Osu. Igbo men are allegic to yoruba stinking pus.sy.

Where is he bringing that one, hope not my Alaigbo?

It is time something is done to scrap the Osu culture, it is creating problem for some Igbos.
Osu ke?
It has been abolished since in Igbo land and the Osu story is currently like a fairy tale in Igboland embarassed
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
Lilimax:

Osu ke?
It has been abolished since in Igbo land and the Osu story is currently like a fairy tale in Igboland embarassed

The younger generation like myself are not into Osu culture but our Papa dont want to here that. They must investigate before any of us marry. I dont agree with them and many other Igbos on the validity of that Culture since we are christians and it has been abolished.

I believe they are just scared of wat follows, becos that is wat dey say. In my opinion even if the gods will afflict such marriages let the whole Igbos suffer it rather than just the group offered to serve the gods in our general interest before Christianity.(Property of the gods)

Besides the dead gods cannot be more powerful than the living God, who we serve as Christians. It is our generation that will destroy the Osu culture permanently. Our generation don't believe Osu culture. My Sons and Daughters will marry regardless of Osu thing. I wont blink an eye or be shaken by fear story.

It is time to piss on the dead gods and permanently destory any traces of them in our culture. Thieving gods!

2 Likes

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by lawydewy(m): 12:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
In Yoruba land, there 4 factions:Jagaba, OBJ,Afenifere, and PDP reminant faction....
You have to settle with all of them.....
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by zendy: 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
I think that Femi wrote with fairness. However, as an Igbo man, I already know that the Yoruba man is not to be trusted. As an Igbo man, I look at the Yoruba man and what do I see? I see a stranger, I see a political foe, I see a tribalist and I see someone who I have nothing in common with and too much bad history. The only good thing between the Igbos and Yorubas is that both ethnic groups have become sophisticated enough to not let their differences result to a bloodbath. Thank God for this!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by tonychristopher: 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
Was there bad blood between the two? I think it is just natural occurances
So who wil bail the cat here
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Vado(m): 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
lawydewy:
In Yoruba land, there 4 factions:Jagaba, OBJ,Afenifere, and PDP reminant faction....
You have to settle with all of them.....

Lols, you're damn right.
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Olabestonic001(m): 1:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
Anticabal:
**Clears throat** Ermm..Sir Femi, you have spoken well once again.like you have always done. It will be really interesting to see the Igbo and Yoruba confront the rampaging muslim children of Dan fodio together but some factors may make it difficult.

The last time Easterners trusted Yorubas it costs them 3 million people, even though Ojukwu released Awo from Calabar prison in the East. The question is-Can Easterners take that gamble again? Will it be sensible if they do so and get burned again? Yoruba friends are reliable as social allies but are Yorubas reliable as a political ally? Ibos stick to their political allies even at a great cost and damn the outcome, we can see it in the SE/SS which has restored the trust between Ibos them and their cousins in the SS as it was in the pre-war era. The Eastern trust that fulanis and by extension yorubas helped to damage in the East, postwar.

Igbo have nothing to prove to Yorubas as they have voted yoruba, SS and fulani presidents since the 70s but have any living yoruba or hausa returned the favour? These are some of the grounds of discontents in the East. Igbos do NOT owe anyone a favour, we cannot say the same about others. God didn't ask for permission from anyone before creating Igboids.

Hmm, the Yoruba's do not owe the Igbos any apology or allegiance. Infact, we can stay and survive in the midst of hostilities. At what time did the Yoruba's agreed to help in actualization of Ojukwu's ill-conception of stealing the oil of the Niger-Delta for his Biafra agenda? As long as a typical Igbo man still thinks he is larger than life, the Yoruba's will continue to view them in the same light. The unsmart Igbo man who still thinks "Domination" when dealing with the Yoruba's will forever be frustrated. The major grouse between Igbos and Yoruba's is that verb "Domination" while the Yoruba's always believe friendship should be "Mutual-Respect" irrespective of your status, stature or whatever. We know how to "pick our fights" and we make more friends than enemies.
Therefore, if Igbo's drops the verb "Domination" for " Mutual-Respect" with Yoruba's, they will blossom always otherwise, the end of the tribal onslaught is no where in site. But no matter what, we will always marry each other but politically, we might remain sworn enemies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by 49cents(m): 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
lionness:

That was in 1959? How can an entire tribe be a SLAVE to the past? Shows how petty, vindictive and weak the yeeebos are.
There is no bad blood in the Yoruba's heart, if there was, the Yoruba would have gotten rid of the Yeeebos from their land, especially when they went ahead, cursing APC, calling it an Amala party, and abusing a whole Yoruba king, including the recent disrespect showed to the Deji of Akure. The Yorubas are not as weak, and not easily emotionally manipulated like the yeeebos. Thats why you PDP, APC, SDP and different political parties here. We are faaaaaar better. The Yeeebos are the ones who need to go and develop their EROSION ravaged region and stop hating on the progress of the SW.

Can't you come in peace f once

Uncl Femi spoke so well.....am Igbo but I believe really it's time we moved in from the past.......we either embrac each others a brothers or kill eaach other as fools

Th north won't like this article

1 Like

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by StOla: 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
Just for the fact that Aribisala did not report that the same Peter Obi had earlier relocated destitutes to Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi, nor did he report that the same Fashola had earlier relocated destitutes to the North and other Yoruba states, then I conclude that this article is trash meant for LAWMA.

I can pick holes in his every assertion, but I've reached a point where I don't even care to explain myself to people I have no regard for. Why waste time on someone who is not relevant to your life goals or has no part to play in the broader Yoruba goals of regional development?

If the igbos want to hate, so be it. Yorubas can also hate, and we will no longer tolerate the nuances of being hospitable to people who have sworn to hate us, yet are refugees in our domain.

There shall be no enemy within.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Olabestonic001(m): 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
zicky:
your post is meaningless n senseless, if I go with ur point, the East have 3 different parties, PDP, APC and APGA ruling the 5states, can same be said bout the west, leave your sentiments aside, when have you heard of any gov in the East deporting outsiders, just stop the blame game that's the massage the writer is trying to pass across.

Read this before you conclude sir:
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/31/the-sack-of-non-indigenes-in-abia/
Governors have erred (T.A.Orji, Fashola, Oshiomole etc) and have later apologized. Their actions can not depict the mindset of the whole race but at best a state. But, its obvious most of you guys will rather court troubles than peace. While we Yoruba's looks like a Panther than you can stroke its nose, be informed that the Panther can wreck havoc despite its innocent looks. If you think we will succumb to blackmails by you folks, you've gotten it wrong as we will only pay you all back in your coins. Pay us friendships, reap love and courtesy, pay us in hate and painments, reap manifold from us. We dont have a thingy to prove to anyone who wanna threaten our interest: Awolowo can only sell his view to us ditto Tinubu etc, we use our discretion and follow what is right. We do not belief anyone should be "absolutely" supported or opposed, we rate the agenda and "mind" and do what we think is best for us. I think that's what every other groups especially Igbo's does, but using blackmail to sell your points is DOA to Yoruba's as we are not the one responsible for you guys undoings.
Ndigbo, give us peace and receive peace while on our soil or prove arrogant and get whipped to line by our systems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
This hypocrite should go and sit down somewhere!

The guy is an idiot. Lagos was declared a no man's land and only ethnic jingoists were enraged?
The writer is a classic omo ale.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by kayfra: 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
The so called fight between Igbo and yoruba mostly stays online or with Igbos that still reside in the SE or recent migrants to the SW.

How many Yorubas don't have an Uche, Obinna, Chidi, Chuks etc etc as a close friend? How many of you never date Ngozi or Ada? How many times do we party together or worship together or soak garium together? The same can be said vice versa if I replace the Igbo names with typical yoruba names. It's mostly online banter and backwardness in a lot of cases.

2 Likes

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
zendy:
I think that Femi wrote with fairness. However, as an Igbo man, I already know that the Yoruba man is not to be trusted. As an Igbo man, I look at the Yoruba man and what do I see? I see a stranger, I see a political foe, I see a tribalist and I see someone who I have nothing in common with and too much bad history. The only good thing between the Igbos and Yorubas is that both ethnic groups have become sophisticated enough to not let their differences result to a bloodbath. Thank God for this!

This is fair enough because a lot of Yoruba see you in the same light.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by gurnam: 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
I don't think it will be easy.
Yoruba parents largely refrained from poisoning the hearts of their children unlike what igbo parents did to their children.
Yorubas had very little contact with igbo outside those that came to the SW, the Yorubas didn't know igbo have so much animosities against them until the coming of social media when yorubas start coming to know the poison minds of ibos.
I doubt if anything will change the perception the Yorubas have now through social media formed about the iboes soon.
The igbo minds has been poisoned against the Yorubas from generations to generations.

Femi should shove his advice into his assss

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
kayfra:
The so called fight between Igbo and yoruba mostly stays online or with Igbos that still reside in the SE or recent migrants to the SW.

How many Yorubas don't have an Uche, Obinna, Chidi, Chuks etc etc as a close friend? How many of you never date Ngozi or Ada? How many times do we party together or worship together or soak garium together? The same can be said vice versa if I replace the Igbo names with typical yoruba names. It's mostly online banter and backwardness in a lot of cases.

Dat dont stop dem demolishing peoples business in lagos or threatening them with Lagoon or inviting their representative and attacking them. Keep deceiving yourself that it is online. mumu!
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by kayfra: 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Dat dont stop dem demolishing peoples business in lagos or threatening them with Lagoon or inviting their representative and attacking them. Keep deceiving yourself that it is online. mumu!

Businesses are not exclusive to one tribe and one man's opinion is simply his own opinion.

Who is the mumu now?

You are not enlightened and fall under one of my aforementioned categories.

1 Like

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Anticabal: 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
Sai lalasticlala!
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
gurnam:
I don't think it will be easy.
Yoruba parents largely refrained from poisoning the hearts of their children unlike what igbo parents did to their children.
Yorubas had very little contact with igbo outside those that came to the SW, the Yorubas didn't know igbo have so much animosities against them until the coming of social media when yorubas start coming to know the poison minds of ibos.
I doubt if anything will change the perception the Yorubas have now through social media formed about the iboes soon.
The igbo minds has been poisoned against the Yorubas from generations to generations.

Name one Igbo Minister, Gov or Igwe that attack yorubas? If u fail to, den u are a lying bastard. I have lost count of yoruba people I have heard using threatening language against the igbos or talking against igbos. It is your elders, parents and fathers that keep attacking everything igbos as evident. The igbos are just reacting.

The average Yoruba man cannot make two sentence without the word igbo following. He must criticise everything about the igbos, otherwise he is not relevant. We have now come to understand and accept that. We find it amusing becos soonest Nigeria will be no more then yorubas can commit suicide.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Zakari Biu and James Ibori! / Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? / That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.