₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,232,690 members, 4,886,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2019 at 11:07 PM

Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala (8485 Views)

Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubers And Indigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by 7lives: 1:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
Goke7:
well it looks like Mr Femi has taken a break from his regular punches at PMB, may be he is beginning to be overwhelmed with the revelations of the sins of his beloved pdp in the past 16 years.

As for the feud btw the yorubas and igbos, despite all the issues of the past, I think we are where we are now due to the march 28 elections of last year where politicians were so desperate, it will take some time to heal though but uncle femi himself can begin to prefer solutions himself through articles like this but do I hear him mention afenifere? that is a no go area until they return our stolen yams they got thru Falae, Odumakin and co.

Aribisala is about to port to APC, its not easy playing opposition.
The next we will hear is that Aribisala visit Tinubu to broker peace between Igbo and Yoruba as if we are at war.
There is no misunderstanding between Igbo and Yoruba, we only have ideological difference so Aribisala what exactly is Aribisala talking about?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by gurnam: 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Name one Igbo Minister, Gov or Igwe that attack yorubas? If u fail to, den u are a lying bastard. I have lost count of yoruba people I have heard using threatening language against the igbos or talking against igbos. It is your elders, parents and fathers that keep attacking everything igbos as evident. The igbos are just reacting.

The average Yoruba man cannot make two sentence without the word igbo following. He must criticise everything about the igbos, otherwise he is not relevant. We have now come to understand and accept that. We find it amusing becos soonest Nigeria will be no more then yorubas can commit suicide.

Don't quote me again, you only be wasting your time. I don't do exchange with societal misfits.

3 Likes

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by T8ksy(m): 2:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Isn't it intresting that the ibos are still mad at the yorubas for refusing to entrust the future of their people ( & generations to come) in the hands of a non-indigene over half a century ago. The same man who albeit, impishly adorned himself in the garb of Mr nationalist whilst also doubling as the president of a wholly tribal organisation - an organisation that is at odds with the dreams and aspirations of the yorubas and who openly bragged about the inherent trait of his kinsmen to dominate wherever they find themselves.

I often wonder why this fake nationalist didn't contest for premiership in the northern part of the country where he was born and brought up?

At any rate, all we hear from our so - called brothers from another father is "carpet-crossing" but till date, none of them has deem it fit to present the election result of 1951 (and not 1954 as this omo-ale wrongly presented in his trashy article), that brought about this lie of carpet-crossing.

Moreover, I will never leave the affairs of my family in care of my brother when am well capable of doing it myself and at no time (in the past and present ) can the r/ship between us and the ibos ever be described as "brothers" but rather as rivals.

Lastly, what exactly did zik accomplished for his people in his homeland that Awo didn't surpass for the yorubas, in the western region?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
gurnam:

Don't quote me again, you only be wasting your time. I don't do exchange with societal misfits.

No sir dont steal my terms, i coined the slogon "social misfit" wen referring to Mynd44 in my other thread. hahahaha!

copy cat!

1 Like

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
I still wait for a yoruba man to answer this?

Name one Igbo Minister, Gov or Igwe that attack yorubas? If u fail to, den u are a lying bastard. I have lost count of yoruba people I have heard using threatening language against the igbos or talking against igbos. It is your elders, parents and fathers that keep attacking everything igbos as evident. The igbos are just reacting.

The average Yoruba man cannot make two sentence without the word igbo following. He must criticise everything about the igbos, otherwise he is not relevant. We have now come to understand and accept that. We find it amusing becos soonest Nigeria will be no more then yorubas can commit suicide.
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
they can go jump in the lagoon for all I care. or better still relocate to Israel where their Jewish brothers and sisters reside.

Yorubas don't need them, they are the ones invading the southwest. who goes to the southeast for heaven's sake?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by zicky(m): 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Read this before you conclude sir:
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/31/the-sack-of-non-indigenes-in-abia/
Governors have erred (T.A.Orji, Fashola, Oshiomole etc) and have later apologized. Their actions can not depict the mindset of the whole race but at best a state. But, its obvious most of you guys will rather court troubles than peace. While we Yoruba's looks like a Panther than you can stroke its nose, be informed that the Panther can wreck havoc despite its innocent looks. If you think we will succumb to blackmails by you folks, you've gotten it wrong as we will only pay you all back in your coins. Pay us friendships, reap love and courtesy, pay us in hate and painments, reap manifold from us. We dont have a thingy to prove to anyone who wanna threaten our interest: Awolowo can only sell his view to us ditto Tinubu etc, we use our discretion and follow what is right. We do not belief anyone should be "absolutely" supported or opposed, we rate the agenda and "mind" and do what we think is best for us. I think that's what every other groups especially Igbo's does, but using blackmail to sell your points is DOA to Yoruba's as we are not the one responsible for you guys undoings.
Ndigbo, give us peace and receive peace while on our soil or prove arrogant and get whipped to line by our systems.
. You just rant is meaningless, I just want you to know that when you point finger at someone, the others are pointing at you. Search yourself, and cleanse your heart from hatred cos at the long run you only succeed in killing yourself
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Goke7: 3:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
7lives:

Aribisala is about to port to APC, its not easy playing opposition.
The next we will hear is that Aribisala visit Tinubu to broker peace between Igbo and Yoruba as if we are at war.
There is no misunderstanding between Igbo and Yoruba, we only have ideological difference so Aribisala what exactly is Aribisala talking about?.

may be aribisala is beginning to see the damage some of his articles have doing especially to the yorubas with the way he castigates the likes of tinubu and the apc govt. He must have discovered that perhaps only the igbos takes delight in his writings, I hope he finally learns that as a yoruba man, you watch closely how you go against the interests of the yorubas, they will never be sentimental with you. e.g. the way falae and his afenifere thieves have been bashed in the entire sw in recent times

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by gurnam: 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

No sir dont steal my terms, i coined the slogon "social misfit" wen referring to Mynd44 in my other thread. hahahaha!

copy cat!

What is this nonsense? are you just normal? undecided
You come across like an excited miscreant.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by DiademSh07: 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:
THERE IS NO REASON TO END ANYTHING.

IT IS OUR TURN TO PAY THEM BACK IN THEIR OWN COIN. LET THEM COME AND WIN VOTES IN THE SS/SE LIKE ABIOLA ONCE DID LET US SEE.

FASHOLA & AMBODE DID NOT JUST KILL APC IN SS/SE BUT YORUBA CHANCE OF EVER WINNING VOTE IN THE REGION.

With the way Ojukwu and his biafra men attacked and raped the Midwestern and Ore made me think Awolowo couldn't have done better! Infact, he was too slow in his action!
Bunch of hypocritic losers!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by DiademSh07: 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
Anticabal:
**Clears throat** Ermm..Sir Femi, you have spoken well once again like you have always done. It will be really interesting to see the Igbo and Yoruba confront the rampaging muslim children of Dan fodio together but some factors may make it difficult.

The last time Easterners trusted Yorubas it costs them 3 million people, even though Ojukwu released Awo from Calabar prison in the East. The question is-Can Easterners take that gamble again? Will it be sensible if they do so and get burned again? Yoruba friends are reliable as social allies but are Yorubas reliable as political allies?
Ibos stick to their political allies even at a great cost and damn the outcome, we can see it in the recent SE/SS votes which has restored the trust between Ibos and their cousins in the SS as it was in the pre-war era. The pan-Eastern trust that fulanis and by extension yorubas helped to damage in the East, postwar.

Igbo have nothing to prove to Yorubas as they have voted yoruba, SS and fulani presidents since the 70s but have any living yoruba or hausa/fulani returned the favour? These are some of the fertile grounds for discontents in the East. Igbos do NOT owe anyone a favour, we cannot say the same about others. God didn't ask for permission from anyone before creating Igboids.
Who released who from prison?
Ibo and lies, very synonymous! Only ibo would say Awolowo was released by Ojukwu when Gowon did! LOL!
Bunch of self seeking losers!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Olabestonic001(m): 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
zicky:
. You just rant is meaningless, I just want you to know that when you point finger at someone, the others are pointing at you. Search yourself, and cleanse your heart from hatred cos at the long run you only succeed in killing yourself

Lolz. As a young man I know some Igbo's detested Yoruba's but never knew it was that much. When all of them started the slurs we thought it was just a friendly jab but when your "dilector" took it to another height and you all cheered him on, Yoruba's knew enemies were indoors. If all of you had renounced his position as we all did the Oba of Lagos then, we would know it was just friendly jab and not a deep-seated hatred. We have now known you guys and we just know its best to have you as distant friends than close foes. We will help to minimize your influence in our region and for you to concentrate your strength in your region. We have started and till we reduced your influence in our domain using all systems (it will be gradual and nonviolent), go and develop Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, Ariara etc. We will achieve the continuous moving of you all back to the SE and so help us GOD. When a house is peaceful its because the bastard (strange bloodline) has not grown, since you guys have found your footings after the Civil War debacle (thanks mostly to our hospitality and empathising nature), we will help you to shift you back to your region so that we can just throw friendly jabs than you constituting nuisance to our people.

FYI: My bloodlines will have Igbo in it: so I can hate my own.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by BeClever: 3:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Dat marriage one is somethings Osu Igbos, prostitute, efulefu and gold diggers wanting their share of the national cake embark on in Lagos.

Marriage to Yorubas is a Taboo in Igboland, if u dont know your culture go and learn.

Please you are not Igbo to say things like this..
I am Igbo, but it's OK if any Igbo lady found love with a Yoruba man..
Yorubas are not bad people.

And bad people are everywhere.

I only dislike bad Yorubas just like I dislike bad Igbos.
But hate all politicians except Ben Bruce and Ngige.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by DiademSh07: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
Herald47:
It's awolowo that started it all by descriminating an igbo(azikiwe)who won an election in the sw,instead of him to uphold azikiwe's victory he mobilised his people to execute the cross carpeting agenda,he forgot that the first mayor in the most important eastern city then(enugu)was a fulani man,we didn't kill him or ask our people to cross carpet.nowadays some yorubas are accussing azikiwe of betrayal for not forming alliance with awolowo in 1959 instead he allied with ahmadu bello/balewa,and i ask,someone that kick you away from his region after your chances of becoming the premier has been decided is it at the federal level that he won't betray you?
Which of your nonsense Azikwe won in the West?
What's wrong with you greedy losers by the way?
In your warped brain, the Western states of assembly men should have voted for an Eastern man over a western man?
But let me spell it out for you and whether you greedy losers like it or not, the western region voted for Awolowo, a western man!
You can now go and die!
Yeye!
Yeye people!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by DiademSh07: 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Likewise the new generation igbo youths have restated their commitment to reinstate their own country. If u dont like it, go and die.

There is nothing like one Nigeria and for now Lagos is no mans land and not SW.
Last time you did that, you mostly died of kwarshiiokor and begged to be allowed back! LOL!
Imaging waging war against the North and West yet expecting food relief from the same people!
Bunch of losers!
And we know which land is a no man's land between Lagos and Anambra where Igalas are ransacking ibo heads in Aguleri!
Yeye!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by SUBWAY101(m): 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
kernel501:

HOSTILE GUEST...

You dont need them yet you troop to there land daily. Is that not foolishness? You dont need them and many of your destitutes were deported back to your red mud region yet you all over the internet crying like a cursed kid. Its very clear those that need the other party, sit and think.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by cckris: 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Rivalry between Igbo and Yoruba tribes of Nigeria started long ago, even among freed slaves resettled in Siera Leone.
And it's good for Nigeria's development.
Forging the two incompatible cultures is obviously difficult, and therefore compels the kind of introspection needed to force Africans to re-evaluate their habitual fixation on the past.
It may be slow, but things are happening, especially among Christians, whose common stand is in the Righteousness of Christ Jesus.
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by missKiffy(f): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nice article
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by SUBWAY101(m): 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:
THERE IS NO REASON TO END

FASHOLA & AMBODE DID NOT JUST KILL APC IN SS/SE BUT YORUBA CHANCE OF EVER WINNING VOTE IN THE REGION.

Are you okay? Where did Yorubas killed 3m flattties? You villagers from the sad beast just cant change from this your lying ways, Victor Banjo-A Yoruba man led your only offensive in the civil war, and was killed by Ojuiku yet Yoruba never hold that against you ingrates. Soyinka was jailed cos of same biafra yet you open the smelly gutter you call mouth to post the trash above.

Sabotage GEJ? You mean the likes of FFK, Afenifere, Mimiko, Fayose, Bode george, Obanikoro, Falae, Aribisala e.t.c are all Eboe men? You are a shameless liar and people like you can't end well. Greedy people that support GEJ cos many of there kinsmen were in top position in his cabinet, many of your so called elders have been decamping from PDP, shameless people that cant stand alone but attach SS to there foolishness. Bunch of greedy slaves.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Anticabal: 3:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
DiademSh07:

Who released who from prison?
Ibo and lies, very synonymous! Only ibo would say Awolowo was released by Ojukwu when Gowon did! LOL!
Bunch of self seeking losers!

You can spin it however you want but Awo was in Calabar prison in the Eastern region under Ojukwu's command and Ojukwu NEVER took orders from Gowon, he didn't even recognize his government (as he believed Ogundipe should be in charge as the most senior).

So if Awo was released by anyone from the eastern prison, it was done by Ojukwu, it was his sphere of influence. Only yorubas are ashamed to accept this truth obviously because of their guilty conscience and shame.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by ACM10: 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
This is another reason why Yoruba should support separation. Good fence makes good neighbour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by SUBWAY101(m): 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Dat marriage one is somethings Osu Igbos, prostitute, efulefu and gold diggers wanting their share of the national cake embark on in Lagos.

Marriage to Yorubas is a Taboo in Igboland, if u dont know your culture go and learn.

Trash from a typical villager that have never travel outside the erosion ravaged beastland. The hatred in you will surely consume you. Mschew

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by DiademSh07: 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
Anticabal:

You can spin it however you want but Awo was in Calabar prison in the Eastern region under Ojukwu's command and Ojukwu NEVER took orders from Gowon, he didn't even recognize his government (as he believed Ogundipe should be in charge as the most senior).

So if Awo was released by anyone from the eastern prison, it was done by Ojukwu, it was his sphere of influence. Only yorubas are ashamed to accept this truths because, obviously because of their guilty conscience.
LOL! See spinning!
It's a fact that Awolowo got released by Gowon!
Can you imagine the bare faced lie from the ibos?
Yeye!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Trash from a typical villager that have never travel outside the erosion ravaged beastland. The hatred in you will surely consume you. Mschew

Go and Die with your ugly yoruba bitches and their stinking pus.sy, u are too ugly, we dont want your Ugly gene migrating East.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hmmm. Some posters here are not 'normal', judging from their comments. I can't imagine myself descending so low in a bid to 'defend my tribe'. Tribes only exist on earth. In the hereafter, no tribe. A human soul stands independently and gives account of all his 'words and deeds' and must atone for them. Let he who has ears listen.
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
Realman87:
Hmmm. Some posters here are not 'normal', judging from their comments. I can't imagine myself descending so low in a bid to 'defend my tribe'. Tribes only exist on earth. In the hereafter, no tribe. A human soul stands independently and gives account of all his 'words and deeds' and must atone for them. Let he who has ears listen.

First elect an Igbo man Gov of Lagos.

See this fool trying to preach wat he cannot practice. U want to take but you cant give. Ordinary suffering traders you collect millions and billions from, you still oppress and destroy their market with goods.

Did u start any business for them? How many people did u start business and give houses? God will punish you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by Anticabal: 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
DiademSh07:

LOL! See spinning!
It's a fact that Awolowo got released by Gowon!
Can you imagine the bare faced lie from the ibos?
Yeye!

Yeah, gowon drove all the way from lagos in a 911 to the East that wanted his head on a platter and released Awo without hitches. Keep sounding lame. I understand the shame of admitting the truth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by B69U: 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
As from today any yoruba man that say tribe is only on earth, should demonstrate by electing an Igbo man Gov of Lagos State.

Bastard!
Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by SUBWAY101(m): 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Go and Die with your ugly yoruba bitches and their stinking pus.sy, u are too ugly, we dont want your Ugly gene migrating East.

Gala seller, Then tell your ugly hair chested and yam legged wh.ore sisters to stop trooping to the west. We dont want the genes of cocaine smugglers, kidnappers, and criminals in the west. Enough is enough.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by DiademSh07: 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:

Huh!
You were definitely under rock when Chief Arthur eze called Yoruba 'amala people' infront of a gathering with the former president, jonathan!
How about the hate speeches from Nnamdi Kanu?
How about the derogatory word (ofe 'omaanu) you ibos call the unaware Yorubas? My ibo mate once called me that before I even know what it means!
Yeye people!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by waternogetemeny: 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Gala seller, Then tell your ugly hair chested and yam legged wh.ore sisters to stop trooping to the west. We dont want the genes of cocaine smugglers, kidnappers, and criminals in the west. Enough is enough.

Dey have told u that Lagos is no mans land and not South west. Every yoruba person claim to be from Lagos, even the Lagos Gov Ambode is from Ondo. Is Ibadan pursuing u people? Yorubas go to Ibadan South West and leave Lagos. Yorubastards leave Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala by DiademSh07: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
Anticabal:

Yeah, gowon drove all the way from lagos in a 911 to the East that wanted his head on a platter and released Awo without hitches. Keep sounding lame. I understand the shame of admitting the truth.
Of course he did! And thanks to the unitary decree your greedy Ironsi made, Gowon has the power to release Awolowo from the prison than Ojukwu!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Postpones Decision On Appearance Of Dasuki, Jonathan As Metu's Witnesses / Abacha's National Constitutional Conference 1994-95 / NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.