Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,755 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Remove Thermostat From New Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remove Thermostat From New Car (2638 Views)

You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) / Guys Pouring Wine On New Car To "Wash" It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remove Thermostat From New Car by ARABICAN(m): 10:27am On Jan 13, 2016
Base on several advice on which car to go for with the level of my budget, my car landed in Nigeria in December, on the 1st of January this year was my first day to cruise it around Abuja city ( thanks to God and to the advicers on NL)

Now, the people am trying to avoid by visiting their shop often (mechanic) has started with bring your car to our shop, any mechanic that see my car say is very clean and the engine is just like new BUT HAVE YOU REMOVE THE THERMOSTATS! The first person, the second person and now the third person, I am so worried and skeptical in listening to advice of them touching the car, not even on the engine.

My office mechanic advice I should leave it since am not using it for commercial.

Please, the expert and the experienced pals online, what did you do to your own or what will you advice.

Thanks.
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by honmusa(m): 10:56am On Jan 13, 2016
ARABICAN:
Base on several advice on which car to go for with the level of my budget, my car landed in Nigeria in December, on the 1st of January this year was my first day to cruise it around Abuja city ( thanks to God and to the advicers on NL)

Now, the people am trying to avoid by visiting their shop often (mechanic) has started with bring your car to our shop, any mechanic that see my car say is very clean and the engine is just like new BUT HAVE YOU REMOVE THE THERMOSTATS! The first person, the second person and now the third person, I am so worried and skeptical in listening to advice of them touching the car, not even on the engine.

My office mechanic advice I should leave it since am not using it for commercial.

Please, the expert and the experienced pals online, what did you do to your own or what will you advice.

Thanks.
I am sure u know the the truth cos this topic has been over flogged several times .
Removing your thermostat is similar a doctor removing a vital organ from a healthy patient that is not sick .na just to watch him die a slow death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by mayor2013: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2016
ARABICAN:

Thanks.

Remove your thermostat and see the death of your engine
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by colossus2: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
You bought a new phone, a phone repairer says "wow this your phone is cool, bring it lets remove the charging port". cool

5 Likes

Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by oyefelix(m): 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Termostart is d temperature regulatory unit in ur system, removing it gives ur engine cancer of the bone marrow.
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by ARABICAN(m): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
honmusa:

I am sure u know the the truth cos this topic has been over flogged several times .
Removing your thermostat is similar a doctor removing a vital organ from a healthy patient that is not sick .na just to watch him die a slow death.

colossus2:
You bought a new phone, a phone repairer says "wow this your phone is cool, bring it lets remove the charging port". cool

mayor2013:

Remove your thermostat and see the death of your engine

Thanks bosses for your indirect advice, well, their points of removing it is that the weather temperature abroad is far far cooler than Naija own, and the thermostat delay the fan from starting up on time, this I noticed, the fan of my car may not start rolling for long period, and they (mechanic) said it may cause overheating over period of time.

Chai! No one is congratulating me for starting the New Year with a New Ride ... smiley
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by boldx(m): 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2016
I live in Abuja. My car engine has been using thermostat for the past 3 years and i have never replaced it and i dont plan to do so. I have an OBD scanner and you can come for 24/7 free scanning anyday anytime. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by oyefelix(m): 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
sorry bro, Congrats, don't remove thermostats ooo, it will kill ur engine.

1 Like

Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by colossus2: 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
ARABICAN:

Thanks bosses for your indirect advice, well, their points of removing it is that the weather temperature abroad is far far cooler than Naija own, and the thermostat delay the fan from starting up on time, this I noticed, the fan of my car may not start rolling for long period, and they (mechanic) said it may cause overheating over period of time.

Chai! No one is congratulating me for starting the New Year with a New Ride ... smiley
Tell your mechanics to manufacture their own cars and remove thermostat since they know better than those who manufactured your car.
Congrats cheesy
But don't remove the charging port of any phone grin

2 Likes

Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
Congratulations on your new car. Don't do anything except service the engine & check vital things in your own interest.

1 Like

Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by ARABICAN(m): 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
boldx:
I live in Abuja. My car engine has been using thermostat for the past 3 years and i have never replaced it and i dont plan to do so. I have an OBD scanner and you can come for 24/7 free scanning anyday anytime. Congratulations

Wow! Ooooooose! Give me direction and appointment so I could come for the scanning.

Thanks boss
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by diportivo: 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
ARABICAN:

You could've asked when they travelled abroad with their thermometer for them to know which country is cooler than which

Congrats man.... on ur "new" man diesel

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by honmusa(m): 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
ARABICAN:

Thanks bosses for your indirect advice, well, their points of removing it is that the weather temperature abroad is far far cooler than Naija own, and their thermostat delay the fan from starting up on time, this I noticed, the fan of my car may not start rolling for long period, and they (mechanic) said it may cause overheating over period of time.

Congratulation on your new car.!!!!
Let them know that there is a lot of countries hotter than naija eg Dubai ,Texas ,etc that this car are being manufacturered and used with their thermostat still intact .Na only naija we have thermostat removing kazeem as If naija weather na hell fire .
Do yourself a favour by getting yourself a professional scanner to diagnose your own car if any issue to save your car from be turned to a lab rat by thermostat removing Kazeem.
You can contact autologic @ 08061166316 to get obdlink Sx scanner .Delivery is free to any part of Nigeria.
https://www.nairaland.com/2078663/bonanza-fastest-automobile-scanner-obdlink

Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by boldx(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
ARABICAN:

Wow! Ooooooose! Give me direction and appointment so I could come for the scanning.

Thanks boss
Call me on Friday evening or Saturday. 09099447385. Lets fix time. Venue is Wuse 2 by Ferma. Opposite Dominos
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by Nixon55(m): 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
ARABICAN:

Do they remove thermostats in the UAE? Or their own cars don't have thermostats? Temperatures in the middle east gets up to 48deg and no place in Nigeria gets that hot. Some parts of the United States are even hotter than Nigeria in summer times.
Electric irons have thermostats and have you thought about removing it.
Cars go through several tests before they leave the factories and Nigerian mechanics are not smarter....
If you like subject your car to such surgery and may God help you.
I have driven several cars and none of them have their thermostats removed and they have served faithfully.
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by ARABICAN(m): 10:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nixon55:

Do they remove thermostats in the UAE? Or their own cars don't have thermostats? Temperatures in the middle east gets up to 48deg and no place in Nigeria gets that hot. Some parts of the United States are even hotter than Nigeria in summer times.
Electric irons have thermostats and have you thought about removing it.
Cars go through several tests before they leave the factories and Nigerian mechanics are not smarter....
If you like subject your car to such surgery and may God help you.
I have driven several cars and none of them have their thermostats removed and they have served faithfully.

Thanks for your indirect advice, you are a typical Nigerian, I like the way you relate like we are hommies.
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by ARABICAN(m): 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
boldx:

Call me on Friday evening or Saturday. 09099447385. Lets fix time. Venue is Wuse 2 by Ferma. Opposite Dominos

Will do that boss
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by DECOtech(m): 9:54am On Jan 14, 2016
ARABICAN:

Thanks.

Please, run far from any thermostat remover. they are engine killers.
Re: Remove Thermostat From New Car by Lagusta(m): 10:49am On Jan 14, 2016
ARABICAN:

Why are Nigerian mechanics so ignorant like this.....

So places like Florida, Arizona, Texas, which are all in the USA experience winter abi

The dudes there remove their thermostats abi??

In fact I'm sick and tired of this issue.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Innoson Releases The Innoson 4x4 Carrier 2017 Model (photos) / Wow!! Most Beautiful Car In The World / Is It Cursed People That Drives Manual Vehicles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.