Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:56 PM

15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture (22863 Views)

Ceos Hub Ventures Into Agriculture As It Introduces Ch Farms. / Two Nigerians Go Into Agriculture Because Of Economic Hardship. Pictures / Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by vascable: 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hopefully you will find threads on NairaLand that will help you go into any of them

1.Vegetable farming:

Vegetable is simple and you get a healthy profit margin. You should consider this as vegetables are one of the most consumed food items in Nigeria and beyond.

2. Mushroom Farming:

Mushroom farming is another easy to kick-start business you can venture into. Simply gather all the knowledge you need and voila!

3. Hatchery:

The hatchery business is another space you can exploit. Hatcheries are set-up for the purpose of selling day-old chicks. This idea is perfect for entrepreneurs.

4. Quail Farming:

With Quail farming you can tap into the profit stream for both egg and meat production.

5. Dairy Farming:

There are different facets of Dairy farming you can look into- from milk production, yoghurt and even manure. You can exploit this.

6. Commercial corn farming:

Corn can be used for various purposes- from being used for human consumption to being used by animals to being used industrially. These are different aspects you can exploit.

7. Snail farming:

Snail meats are a premium brand to the average Nigerian consumer. Therein lies its profitability. This is a one of the very good agribusiness ideas that isn’t being exploited

8. Spices:

Spices are in regular and high demand. You may consider growing spices such as thyme, curry or nutmeg powder as those ones are in the most demand in the Nigerian manrket. You may also branch off to create your own species and market them.

9. Aqua farming:

Aqua farming is another highly profitable business that is not yet being exploited. You may consider going into tilapia farming, crayfish farming, crab farming etc.

10. Meat packaging:

A trip to Ghana showed me that a lot needs to be done in the area of proper packaging of meat in Nigeria. A visit to our abattoirs can a turn the faint-hearted into a vegetarian. This is a field that is open to smart entrepreneurs. You can decide to nicely package meat- of any type- for sale .

11. Pig farming:

Piggery is another major source of meat production. Apart from being edible Pig fat, which is called Lard, is used as an anti-foaming agent in industrial processes.

12. Processed cashew :

Do you know that processed cashew is of high value in the FMCG industry? Not only in Nigeria, cashew is also in high demand in the international markets where it is used as a raw material in developing drugs, antioxidants, fungicides, etc.

13. Groundnut Processing:

Groundnut processing is one business idea that requires minimal invest for the initial start-up. Not only are they consumed by humans, they can also be used as animal feeds and the production of soaps, biodiesel, insecticides etc.

14. Flour milling business:

With a good supply of cassava and wheat, you can process them into flour which is used in making bread, biscuit and other food items that people consume a lot.

15. Jam & Jelly:

Fruits like strawberry, orange, grapes etc. can also be processed and turned into items like jam and jelly. This process is not so complex and it can be started on a small scale with little capital.

Source:- http://marvejohndaily.com/15-ideas-to-consider-if-you-are-going-into-agriculture/

Cc: seun, lalasticlala, obinoscopy

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Drgleave: 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
I heareded
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Mopolchi: 2:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
beautiful
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by allanphash7(m): 2:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nice one op

Agbe l'oba (A farmer is a king)
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by realone2012: 2:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
Planning on going into Poultry. May Allah make it easy for me..Aameen

16 Likes

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by maverickdude(m): 2:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ok
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by ebubey(f): 2:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
wow...thanks op smiley
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by dgudguy: 2:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
good piece, have learnt alot from the write up
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by henrydadon(m): 2:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
youth of today have lost interest in agriculture.. sad

1 Like

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by debbie(f): 2:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
Cassava and plantain,banana is also a good area to look into....very rewarding.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by MansaMoussa: 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
I dey observe Mushroom Farming keenly....my biggest problem is the shelf life

2 Likes

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by ihedioramma: 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
you just name them . can any teach well about this?
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by UTMOST10(m): 2:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
#I rep Agriculturist! Hit like if u rep too#

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by kenny1313(m): 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
what a post. nice one.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by victree007(m): 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
Into Pig Farming Already. I'll need to research more on Hatchery and Flour Milling. They sound interesting

1 Like

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by drberry(m): 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nice one Op. Already on poultry farming with proper meat packaging. About diversifying into hatchery of day-old chicks.

Meanwhile I never knew vegetable farming was also a hot cake. #Thinking.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by olafum1(m): 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ok
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by brunofarad(m): 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
Great
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Daslim180(m): 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
FACT OF THE DAY
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by 14teenK: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
Agriculture is easy for the strong minded, major problem is SPACE&CAPITAL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Salex007(m): 2:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
Na WEED be the way forward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by kennyman2000(m): 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nice one..

Check my signature for ur customised wristbands.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Pavore9: 2:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
Folks in the South west should be smart enough to grow veggies and spices such cabbage, lettuce, coriander, parsley, cucumber, mint, celery etc for the huge Lagos market which share the same population size of Cameroon rather than the stereotyped thought it has to be grown in the North, haulage through the south western states before they end up on the tables of Lagosians! All these crops are harvested between 45 to 90 days

The day Ogun State and Oyo State would wake up to the massive potential of dairy farming, is when they would realize they have wasted their time waiting on monthly allocation from Abuja. Diary farming is not a Northern preserve, it can be practised across Nigeria adopting zero grazing. A litre of pasteurized milk bought at the dispensing machine sells between N120-N140 across Kenya because diary farming is no longer a big deal as one can get a litre of raw milk for N60. These States should train their people on diary farming, so that we can have thousands of small holder farmers who should be producing an average of 250 litres daily that would be centrally collected, processed and sold to their local markets and transported in tankers to Lagos to meet the demands of the millions there! It is no rocket science as it is a common sight seeing tankers of milk on Kenya highways!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by quanternetz(m): 2:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
I love Agriculture

1 Like

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by coolzeal(m): 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
I love Pig farming and dairy product. I planned to own this ventures someday.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by SaAbbas(m): 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
realone2012:
Planning on going into Poultry. May Allah make it easy for me..Aameen

Its vry lucrative
Wish u ol d best

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes / Locally Made Gas/charcoal Oven For Smoking Fish And For Baking / Cucumber Farming In Nigeria – How To Start The Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.