Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. (21115 Views)

Mad Man Almost Lynched In Sapele, Delta State. Photos / Suspected Badoo Member Almost Lynched After Being Nabbed In Ikorodu. Photos / Ritualist Caught Exhuming Corpses In Kogi, Almost Lynched By Irate Mob (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by HonourablePomk: 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thank your star
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by ademega(m): 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
some people were not that lucky
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by kingthreat(m): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
This story is really shocking. It leaves me with two questions:
1. How did she know the amount in your pocket?
2. To what purpose did she accuse you falsely. Lynching you is of what gain to her?

Weird weird world

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by honeric01(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
onstelly:

You shall not die before you time.
Better go to church and give Thanksgiving oh

D one wey e do here never reach Abi God na shrine wey no dey move?
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
This is why the name ''ZOO'' classically fits Nigeria some times.

I am no IPOB youth but even if 13 thousand was found on you, why do they not think the woman could be setting you up?

How are they sure it is not a coincidence that you have 13 k on you. There were probably hundreds or thousands of people with 13k on them that day in Benin.

Nah wah o.

Let jungle justice be a crime considered as murder. Simple.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by politicalpastor: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
[quote author=Emmytrill post=41935080]This is a true life personal experience and a great testimony.

If not for the grace of God, i don't know where i would have been by now, maybe heaven or hell grin

On this very day, i went to the Immigration office at Ramat park area, Ikpoba Hill Benin to pick up my passport. The thought of travelling out of the country for the first time was overwhelming. A colleague of mine before i left to pick up the passport gave me 13k to help him pay into the bank.

Because of the enthusiasm within me, i wanted to collect the passport first, then pay the money into the bank on my way back. To show that God is in deed meciful and my mama prayer no dey go in vein grin a spirit just told me why not pay in the money first since you will pass through the bank. My brothers and sisters, i heeded to my instinct, and that saved my life as you will soon find out.

Getting to the Immigration with all the stress and waiting, i finally got my passport o and i was ecstatic! Na first time na grin. On my way back, i boarded a bus to ring road. i couldnt take my hands off the the passport as i was looking at it left, right and centre. I observed that a more advanced lady sitting close to me was just looking at the passport i was holding and smiling. For my mind i say watin dey worry this one, , she never see who hold passport before? cool

Immediately i alighted from the bus, and was walking to board another one, i heard someone calling Bros! Bros! Bros!. i turned and the lady came to me and said ''Bros, na u sitdown near me just now, my 13k dey miss from my pocket'' Mogbe, for ring road of all places embarassed. i just calmly asked her, did you see me branch anywhere else, she said no, and i told her i'm ready to be searched and i don't have your money. At this time, people were already gathering ooo and she was beginning to raise her voice! cry see embarrasment of the century! I was still pleading my innocence when i saw a Civil Defence Officer and i beckoned on him to please come to my aid.

The man called us and was asking us what the problem is all about. I explained all i knew and the lady did same, insisting i took her money from her pocket cry, See a whole me with a good job, sad just because i take public transport!

The security guy then asked the lady, ''you sure say this well dressed young boy take your money?'' she said yes! just then, the agberos around were already waiting to pounce on me! probably to burn me alive. my mind quickly went to Allu 4 at Uniport cry. Then the security man told the lady that if she should search me, and they don't find the money, she will be seriously dealt with and if its found on me, i will go in for it! What if i didn't pay in that 13k? would they have allowed me to explain anything?

Just then, the lady started sturtering that it should not be like that, blah blah blah. The officer became angry with her that she just put my life on the line by accusing me falsely. The market women that have already gathered also started causing the lady, telling her that she wanted to cause the death of an innocent young man! The officer just told me to make sure i thank God enough because i would have just been lynched to death embarassed. i was too dumbfounded to even utter any word. I just looked up and said thank you Jesus and walked away. I felt like calling for her arrest there and pressing for charges bothering on false accusation, but the fact that i just escaped death didn't even make me talk.

LESSON LEARNT
1. Always say your prayers before leaving the house. You might know where you are driving to, but you don't know who is driving towards you.
2. Please my fellow nairalanders, always DRESS PROPERLY. My mode of dressing probably gave me some respect. If i was sagging or carrying one dirty hair style, anything could have happened before you say Lalastic....
3. Don't move around with too much cash.

Thank you and God bless.

[/quote

Thank God for your life. If u are coming to America. Let me know. Vincent WILL Give U A PLace TO stay.
Congrats
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by AsianTotal: 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
OP
In your childish excitement while admiring your Passport you somehow managed to expose your bank teller/evidence of your 13k transaction which the eagle eyed witch saw and used against you thinking that you may have withdrawn that ammount of money.

12 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Fireson: 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmm shocked
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by mentorandfriend(m): 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
'Your friend' gave you 13k to pay in for him. A woman raises alarm in the bus that you stole her 13k. Same amount. Coincidence, you may call it. .

My advise: Use your tongue and count your teeth. There may be more to that your friend that you don't know yet.

Some people you call your friends will only be OK when you're just there. Once you attempt to rise more than the normal, they get insecure, jealous and almost demonic. Why must it happen as soon as your plans to leave the country was already secured and in the bag?

Be wise as a serpent, yet harmless as a dove. That was what Jesus taught.

15 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by vicstar(m): 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mehn! OP dis aint a small testimony at all cry

I gat goose bumps just by mere reading your story lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by oliidell(m): 12:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Op u slack sha. As she begin stutter, u for rush am two hot slaps. Thank God for directing u.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by hioman: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
How many innocent lives have been lost just like that. This mob mentality of jungle justice must be arrested in Nigeria before other innocent lives are lost. The Aluu 4 is a case in point. That lady must been operating by a familiar spirit. So many evil people with evil intent on the prowl. Just imagine, another life would probably have been lost were it not for providence.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by idu1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
Emmytrill:
This is a true life personal experience and a great testimony.

If not for the grace of God, i don't know where i would have been by now, maybe heaven or hell grin

On this very day, i went to the Immigration office at Ramat park area, Ikpoba Hill Benin to pick up my passport. The thought of travelling out of the country for the first time was overwhelming. A colleague of mine before i left to pick up the passport gave me 13k to help him pay into the bank.

Because of the enthusiasm within me, i wanted to collect the passport first, then pay the money into the bank on my way back. To show that God is in deed meciful and my mama prayer no dey go in vein grin a spirit just told me why not pay in the money first since you will pass through the bank. My brothers and sisters, i heeded to my instinct, and that saved my life as you will soon find out.

Getting to the Immigration with all the stress and waiting, i finally got my passport o and i was ecstatic! Na first time na grin. On my way back, i boarded a bus to ring road. i couldnt take my hands off the the passport as i was looking at it left, right and centre. I observed that a more advanced lady sitting close to me was just looking at the passport i was holding and smiling. For my mind i say watin dey worry this one, , she never see who hold passport before? cool

Immediately i alighted from the bus, and was walking to board another one, i heard someone calling Bros! Bros! Bros!. i turned and the lady came to me and said ''Bros, na u sitdown near me just now, my 13k dey miss from my pocket'' Mogbe, for ring road of all places embarassed. i just calmly asked her, did you see me branch anywhere else, she said no, and i told her i'm ready to be searched and i don't have your money. At this time, people were already gathering ooo and she was beginning to raise her voice! cry see embarrasment of the century! I was still pleading my innocence when i saw a Civil Defence Officer and i beckoned on him to please come to my aid.

The man called us and was asking us what the problem is all about. I explained all i knew and the lady did same, insisting i took her money from her pocket cry, See a whole me with a good job, sad just because i take public transport!

The security guy then asked the lady, ''you sure say this well dressed young boy take your money?'' she said yes! just then, the agberos around were already waiting to pounce on me! probably to burn me alive. my mind quickly went to Allu 4 at Uniport cry. Then the security man told the lady that if she should search me, and they don't find the money, she will be seriously dealt with and if its found on me, i will go in for it! What if i didn't pay in that 13k? would they have allowed me to explain anything?

Just then, the lady started sturtering that it should not be like that, blah blah blah. The officer became angry with her that she just put my life on the line by accusing me falsely. The market women that have already gathered also started causing the lady, telling her that she wanted to cause the death of an innocent young man! The officer just told me to make sure i thank God enough because i would have just been lynched to death embarassed. i was too dumbfounded to even utter any word. I just looked up and said thank you Jesus and walked away. I felt like calling for her arrest there and pressing for charges bothering on false accusation, but the fact that i just escaped death didn't even make me talk.

LESSON LEARNT
1. Always say your prayers before leaving the house. You might know where you are driving to, but you don't know who is driving towards you.
2. Please my fellow nairalanders, always DRESS PROPERLY. My mode of dressing probably gave me some respect. If i was sagging or carrying one dirty hair style, anything could have happened before you say Lalastic....

Thank you and God bless.

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by BUAR(m): 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
You re blessed n u shall travel with that passport and make good n geniune forturne.Amen

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Joeace3000(m): 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
mentorandfriend:
'Your friend' gave you 13k to pay in for him. A woman raises alarm in the bus that you stole her 13k.

My advise. Use your tongue and count your teeth. There may be more to that your friend that you don't know yet.

Some people you call your friends will only be OK when you're just there. Once you attempt to rise more than the normal, they get insecure, jealous and almost demonic. Why must it happen as soon as your plans to leave the country was already secured and in the bag?

Be wise.

I think this dude should consider another fact that someone's obviously not happy with what's about to happen to him.. Infact most of the time half the people we know including family n best friends are not happy with the good things happening to us. This woman looks planted, a keen police or security force would take the woman in for further questioning but this is Nigeria and my guy is more than happy to survive the scare of death by mob action. Its pathetic that half the things that happen in Nigeria are waved of with explanations on the first page
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by smartigo: 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
Emmytrill:

My Brother i wasn't o. i no fit even explain am. Benin witch no get part 2 embarassed
Thank God for your life but can your colleague really be trusted? Leave witch for this matter.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
mentorandfriend:
'Your friend' gave you 13k to pay in for him. A woman raises alarm in the bus that you stole her 13k. Same amount. Coincidence, you may call it. .

My advise: Use your tongue and count your teeth. There may be more to that your friend that you don't know yet.

Great thought.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by pretydiva(f): 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
I'm base in benin city,i know wat those ring road agbero boys r capable of doing. Jst go n thank God. He indeed saved u from being lynched
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Heineken(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
mentorandfriend:

you're very right.. I suspect that friend. Trust nobody!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Lionhearted: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
No biggie in this.

It was your 'ori' that saved you. Every human beings have but most fail to acknowledge and or pray to it as soon as the awoke in the morning,
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by edisoncash: 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Well firstly you have to thank God Almighty for saving you but in my own case it will not end there like that because someone must have a case to answer for sure action on me
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Bollinger(m): 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Emmytrill:

LESSON LEARNT

Thank you and God bless.

You are not serious. See the reason why Nigerians need to stop jungle justice? It could easily have gone either way.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Youngsage: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
AsianTotal:
OP
In your childish excitement while admiring your Passport you somehow managed to expose your bank teller/evidence of your 13k transaction which the eagle eyed witch saw and used against you thinking that you may have withdrawn that ammount of money.

Hmmm... Another Interesting angle there!! Indeed there is more to this that meets the eye..

@ o.p this is not a small something o! God is tryna tell you something I hope you're listening?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by deathmen12: 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
i thank GOD for life...when u remv (d) frm d wrd devil it come evil, this is how their evil plans wil keep on failing in ur life and family in Jesus name amen
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Saraha1(f): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
If I was the op, I will dedicate some day fast. If possible sow a seed for dat journey. Always use Psalm 91 before going out . Most importantly share this testimonies in your church . May we not be used as a sacrifice at the edge of our Breakthrough.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by chukkiephil(m): 12:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
you see my problem with NIGERIANS! you let her go because you were vindicated!!! angry she is now looking for another potential VICTIM(who maybe related you to)!!!!! embarassed God led her to you to save her would be VICTIM (who maybe related to you)!!! you better go and look for her and get her arrested!! it happened to my friends uncle who was falsely accused by a man he has never seen before in his life!! we arrested the scammer sharply and took him to the police!! angry

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by slack: 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
Emmytrill:

LESSON LEARNT

Thank you and God bless.

Guy na your colleague set you up. God pass them sha. Anyway bring yankee biscuit on your way back grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by lozanni(m): 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
midehi2:
hmmm, lesson....but how come she mentioned the same amount that was with you, probably she was with detecting charm but it failed her cos your instinct was faster than her charm....you are really lucky

That old woman winch no get equal.
@Op, thank God for your life. Youths should heed your advice about dressing decently always and praying before leaving home.
IMPORTANT: Always know how much cash you have on you before leaving home; it might save you from embarassment from bus conductors, who can falsely claim you are yet to pay your bus fare or any wicked co-passenger who falsely accuses you of theft.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Yungbitz(m): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
iAmCharis:
Great thought.
Nothing great about that thought cos if the OP's suppose friend planted someone to watch him,she certainly should have seen him enter the bank..she most likely saw something that relates to the 13k on your phone or perhaps a Teller...Thank the Supreme Being that the OP made it and not trying to create animosity between him and his friend

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by rhazur(m): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
World People!!!
Awon Aye!!!
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by F22RAPTOR(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
chukkiephil:
you see my problem with NIGERIANS! you let her go because you were vindicated!!! angry she is now looking for another potential VICTIM(who maybe related you to)!!!!! embarassed God led her to you to save her would be VICTIM (who maybe related to you)!!! you better go and look for her and get her arrested!! it happened to my friends uncle who was falsely accused by a man he has never seen before in his life!! we arrested the scammer sharply and took him to the police!! angry
exactly what i was thinking. she will go around looking for another prey. He should have held her shirt and made her pay dearly for endangering his life. wickedness continues when its not promptly and severely punished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano Police Rescue Eight Kids Sold Into Anambra (photo) / Taiwo Oreagba, Naira Marley’s Former Lawyer Bags 2-Year Jail Term For Bribery / Bribe-seeking Police In Lagos Instigate Mob To Beat Motorcyclist To Coma (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.