Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests (20017 Views)

12 Types Of Guests We All Get Tired Of In Our Homes / Parents Send Soldiers To Beat Guests At Son's Wedding / The Frugal Bride: How To Achieve A Low Budget Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 10:07am On Jan 15, 2016
Acidosis:

How about: "single but ready to consider a good man"?

I have got a good man whom i'm considering already. So i'll pass. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 10:08am On Jan 15, 2016
agarawu23:
angry angry angry sad

okay!
I will open a new thread on that when I am back from work today. Though it will be for below average guys who don't have much.

We eagerly await...

2 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by kevoh(m): 10:08am On Jan 15, 2016
BridalAssistant:

Different strokes. But you can't tell some parents you only want 50 guests oh. Not when they have church members, club members, office colleagues, brothers, sisters, inlaws, neighbours to invite. They'll nod and say "ok". And the next thing you know, they've gone and printed their own IVs and turned your "small wedding" into a full-blown carnival with people who don't even know your name. Hahaha.
I understand the full-blown carnival thingy jare but not on my bill. I already told mumsy she's gonna be footing the bill of all those extra extra people she knows if they come. Good thing she knows and she's ready. Pure Edo woman with Yoruba owambe blood!

I knew what size my so called ''small introduction'' turned into last December, not going to make same mistake by being quiet when the wedding proper happens later this year. I have already started singing the song to every family member's ear. tongue Make I hear peem, you foot the bill shikena! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 10:10am On Jan 15, 2016
agarawu23:
that's my number 1 problem. My both parents do attend parties a lot especially their club members party and these people will want to be present In their occasion too. I am not exaggerating, if I am about to wed, we will be expecting close to 500-600 guest from my both parents not including my own guest o. I always make mouth that I don't want loud wedding but I doubt my dream on that can come through.

And you baulk at N900k? Tut tut. You're in for some serious spending, brother.
I have to be your planner whenever you're ready.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2016
kevoh:

I understand the full-blown carnival thingy jare but not on my bill. I already told mumsy she's gonna be footing the bill of all those extra extra people she knows if they come. Good thing she knows and she's ready. Pure Edo woman with Yoruba owambe blood!

I knew what size my so called ''small introduction'' turned into last December, not going to make same mistake by being quiet when the wedding proper happens later this year. I have already started singing the song to every family member's ear. tongue Make I hear peem, you foot the bill shikena! grin

LOL. Well it usually is the norm for families to contribute towards the wedding. Particularly parents and uncles and aunts. And moreso where there's harmony and togetherness in said family.

Don't forget to hire us for your planning and coordination. You can bet on us doing an outstanding job. wink aprilconcierge.ng@gmail.com
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by kevoh(m): 10:23am On Jan 15, 2016
BridalAssistant:

LOL. Well it usually is the norm for families to contribute towards the wedding. Particularly parents and uncles and aunts. And moreso where there's harmony and togetherness in said family.

True talk. I agree!
BridalAssistant:

Don't forget to hire us for your planning and coordination. You can bet on us doing an outstanding job. wink aprilconcierge.ng@gmail.com
Correct business woman! grin No problem!

1 Like

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Acidosis(m): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2016
BridalAssistant:

I have got a good man i'm considering already. So i'll pass. Thank you sir.
Cool smiley

1 Like

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by agarawu23(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2016
BridalAssistant:

And you baulk at N900k? Tut tut. You're in for some serious spending, brother.
I have to be your planner whenever you're ready.
grin
I honestly wish u can but I don't have a gf right now talk less of to plan wedding sad

I will follow u sha! Even if na 5years time I ready , I will alert u and if I also have friends or relatives that are in need of a wedding planner, I will chat u up.
I like patient and welcoming Lady like u smiley

1 Like

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 10:42am On Jan 15, 2016
agarawu23:
grin
I honestly wish u can but I don't have a gf right now talk less of to plan wedding sad

I will follow u sha! Even if na 5years time I ready , I will alert u and if I also have friends or relatives that are in need of a wedding planner, I will chat u up.
I like patient and welcoming Lady like u smiley

Would appreciate that. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by dolapoiyunade(f): 12:21am On Jan 16, 2016
agarawu23:
I am coming to break down the op cost and bring a low budget wedding when I am back from work. Not this "gbese" own way op call budget.ha grin
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Mystiqme: 6:34am On Jan 16, 2016
Patient OP. Perfect for the job

1 Like

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 8:43am On Jan 16, 2016
Mystiqme:
Patient OP. Perfect for the job

Thank you so much.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Charleebro(m): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2016
I honestly do wish I'll have someone like you to organize my wedding, when I'm ready. Your literary prowess, near perfect answers to questions posed and gentle online demeanour are second to none, especially in an industry like yours. I'll be sure to post your mail address to any of my 'comfortable(financially-speaking)' friends who wants to marry anytime soon.

PS: In contemporary Nigeria, I don't think your price is overexaggerated. Pretty decent!

1 Like

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by agarawu23(m): 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Charleebro:
I honestly do wish I'll have someone like you to organize my wedding, when I'm ready. Your literary prowess, near perfect answers to questions posed and gentle online demeanour are second to none, especially in an industry like yours. I'll be sure to post your mail address to any of my 'comfortable(financially-speaking)' friends who wants to marry anytime soon.

PS: In contemporary Nigeria, I don't think your price is overexaggerated. Pretty decent!

Thank you so very much, sir. I appreciate everything.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
Good morning Nairaland fam!
We're still taking bookings for 2016 weddings.
Contact us today at aprilconcierge.ng@gmail.com or Bbm 7F6FADCF.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by dolapoiyunade(f): 12:00am On Jan 20, 2016
for affordable wedding makeup, hair and photography check www.zantahouse.com price starts from 30,000
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2016
Happy new month, dear Nairalanders.
Bookings are still going on for couples intending to get married in 2016.
Contact us today for a perfectly planned and executed wedding.
aprilconcierge.ng@gmail.com
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by dewale2k: 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
BridalAssistant:
This 2016, have your ideal wedding for just N900,000!

The package includes:
1. Venue Decoration
2. Food (local and continental dishes)
3. Drinks (soft drinks, water, juice and malt/beer, wine)
4. D.J
5. Photography (Soft copies, picture book and frame)
6. Small chops and cocktails
7. Three-tier wedding cake of your design plus cutouts
8. M.C
9. Ushers (5)
10. Waiters (15)
11. Wedding coordinators (2)
12. Souvenirs for your guests
13. Makeup
14. Bridal bouquet and accessories

Contact April Bridal Concierge on BBm 7F6FADCF or email aprilconcierge.ng@gmail.com
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by DonBobes(m): 4:24am On Mar 28, 2016
zed7:
No wedding venue cost included? No suit and bridal gown? I will throw all those in and still have change from the 900k.

no mind him.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by pnieeventures: 12:24am On Jul 13, 2016
when I finally get Mr right.i will definitely contact you.😃

1 Like

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by kem12jez: 11:33am On Dec 06, 2016
FOR A PROFESSIONAL AND AFFORDABLE FOOD SERVICES FOR WEDDINGS and OTHER EVENTS contact US on 08039531094 or 07057498383 holla
email: modeliscateringservices@gmail.com

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by meetmal03(f): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2017
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by prettymina(f): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
BridalAssistant:

Like u knw what am going tru right now,my family is not just helping issues @all they are this if no be nothing dey happen,some saying I don't have money to spend on wedding,some feeling without me u won't have a big wedding and on my side I don't want a big wedding let my hubby pay bride price let me go they won't accept yet they won't assist am seriously confused right now.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by prettymina(f): 9:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
I just want my fiancé to pay bride price and I go,yet some na me get money for family don't want that,and they are not ready to support the wedding.am just confused right now.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by eyinjuege: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2017
BridalAssistant:

My intention was never to look down on anybody. My response was written in light-hearted banter/ quirky humor. Apologies if it came across as tightly-wound or high-strung. Having said, the offer is for bargain prices FOR the listed services. Of course I realize that there are couples who would rather not hire professional vendors for some of the items I listed- folks who would rather have family members or friends do the job.

But for the items on the list, for an intending couple who wants to hire professionals to provide all the services stated, and considering the going rate of said items, the price is just right to be classified as a budget.

OP, you have done well o jare.
Some people have around 1million budgeted for their upcoming wedding, and that's your target audience.
Of course we can't expect everyone to find your services affordable. About 10years ago, the Balmoral hall in Lagos alone was going for 1 million including decor. I wonder how much they're going for now.
Some would find your budget too low, and would even doubt the quality of your services as they have a personal budget of 6million. Such people are also found on NL.
So your prices sound reasonable enough.
People can spend 150K on a wedding if that's what they can afford. I however don't expect them to require the services of a wedding planner. A lot of friends and family will chip in their bits to provide free services like the cooking, some drinks, etc.
At the same time too, why should a person with a budget of 150K invite 350 people to his wedding? Why not just pay the bride price, get about 30 family members to go to the registry and then entertain them at home afterwards?
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by eyinjuege: 8:31am On Jan 15, 2017
agarawu23:
link to bellanaija where your wedding was featured and your private picture to my mail to confirm. Seen is believing.

I am asking for much cos I noticed nlders preach what they don't practice. smiley

But wait o, do you think all those couples whose weddings are featured on Bella Naija, and co don't have NL accounts?
Some NLders spend millions on their weddings, some equally spend 100K. And all are NL acct holders, all interact together on NL.

Modified: sorry, didn't notice its an old thread
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Ishilove: 4:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Op's 900k will be like 1.2 milla now, no thanks to recession.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by An0nimus: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
BridalAssistant:

Thanks everyone. Keeping one's cool is a virtue that has to be honed in this industry. An events manager is the centre that holds everything together and she must never come unravelled. In preparing for any event and on the D-Day itself, many things will threaten your sanity and you just have to be of a quick wit to be able to keep it all together. Jega has got nothing on you if you know your onions as an events planner. Lol.

Besides, I was a Girl Scout in my younger years and one thing they constantly drummed into us was the motto "Be Prepared". Life will come at you from ANY direction imaginable and hit you below the belt when you least expect it. There should always be a plan B or even B- Z.
Thank you all for your critiques and contributions.

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by obiaguna(m): 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
diva90:
I don't recommend offers like this to any couple that have money. If you have money, invest in quality because it's a once in a life time wedding. You can only imagine the quality of services that will be offered to you at such a budget. The cost of all these on a regular day at an average Lagos/abuja wedding of 350-400 guests is nothing less than 3 million. If you decide to have 500k wedding, you already know it's Fanta, Coke and zobo that your guests will be drinking.

I'ld rather get a small together for my wedding and buy properties at Lekki-Epe with that 3million. Spend a little more on developing and sell it for 100 million in a few years. Build my house and start off a good transport business , go into real estate and throw in a super market somewhere too lol. Then I can make everyday a wedding day for my wife. How about that?
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by obiaguna(m): 10:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
Chukzyfcb:

I do not know about your cousin, if you read my post I said it based on my own "CLAN" experience. What I do know is if I spend 4million today on my wedding, I am optimistic that I'll receive 2million in cash gifts and other intangibles put together. Its all about the CALIBRE of people that attend your wedding. Morover, if you have parents or you are the type that always make sure that you attend any event of these rich people. When its your turn, they'll always reciprocate the gesture. I'm speaking from experience. When president jonathans daughter got married, didn't you read where she got over 80 luxury cars? Do you know the worth of 80 luxury cars? That's over 1billion naira! Will you tell me the couples spent over 1bn on wedding?

Lol its quite obvious your priorities are misplaced. I don't think you are a good fit for any right thinking girl. Please take offense. And FYI they gave those cars cos they needed something in return so you should check that. As for your example if i spend 4million and get 2m back then I have lost 2m which is a bad thing. You guys are funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) / How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / Why Should A Father Make Love To His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.