Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (624937 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Osjaay(f): 4:56am On Nov 19, 2019
Hello everyone, is anyone aware of how long it takes for NMCN to send verification Form, am really getting anxious now this is the 5th week and still no response from them.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Luchiano54: 8:28am On Nov 19, 2019
]Hello everyone, is anyone aware of how long it takes for NMCN to send verification Form, am really getting anxious now this is the 5th week and still no response from them.

Mine took 7weeks.You just have to be patient and keep calling them.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
Jugularvein:
Can someone share an idea of how to get fingerprinting done in Nigeria for BON in US?
For Texas BoN,
1....register with identgo and print out the confirmation page
2....contact the BON to send you your fingerprint card or buy from Amazon.
3....Go to a state CID and ask them to take your prints using the card. Another alternative is watch youtube videos on how to take your prints, buy the ink pad and do it yourself.
4....send the filled card to identgo by post.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thelmieey: 8:52am On Nov 20, 2019
vickyehi:

Bachelors degree and not just school of nursing diploma.
Because RNs in Canada are Bachelor degree holders. That's the only category they have.
. So it's preferable I get a Bachelor degree in nursing first here in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by cutedharmee: 8:53am On Nov 20, 2019
Tempress:
Pls house can i have ielts and cbt study materials, help and sister.
Hello ma'am...you got any of those materials? Pls share with a sister. Dteetee950@gmail.com Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thelmieey:
. So it's preferable I get a Bachelor degree in nursing first here in Nigeria.
NO
it is preferable you move to the UK for now and later move to Canada or the States.

Note that even some Nigerian graduates with BSN are not still successfully in the process. So rather than wasting 4years in Nigeria doing Bsn, move to the UK and start practicing. You can also complete your Bsn in the UK in 1year.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Gracedbe: 11:08am On Nov 23, 2019
Please gurus in the house, i need more explanation on these:

1. For graduate studies im Canada, do i need to evaluate my credentials? If yes, how? A friend of mine said she tried to pay in the bank last week but was told she can't use Western Union anymore.

2. I read somewhere that as long as your first language is English, you might not require to do Ielts. Is it so?

Thanks.
@vickyehi
@Barbee
thank you for the work you are doing.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Endywitty: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
Pls good people in the house, and those you have passed NCLEX, I will like to know, which of the online platform is best for preparing for the exam? I urgently need your responses and I will appreciate it if I can get some materials from you. My e-mail address: endywittyelufe@gmail.com.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 11:58am On Nov 24, 2019
TheArchangel:
RN... reporting to the thread....,,,,,,US, Canada , Caribbean countries...., give me the deal please. I want out and I want it fast. Thanks.
if you want out fast, your best option for now is the UK. The u.s journey takes about 2years.best of luck
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2019
Gracedbe:
Please gurus in the house, i need more explanation on these:

1. For graduate studies im Canada, do i need to evaluate my credentials? If yes, how? A friend of mine said she tried to pay in the bank last week but was told she can't use Western Union anymore.

2. I read somewhere that as long as your first language is English, you might not require to do Ielts. Is it so?

Thanks.
@vickyehi
@Barbee
thank you for the work you are doing.
1....the school would recommend which credential assessment company to use for international credential evaluation. You can use your master card to pay for the evaluation. If you still have a problem, you can dm me and we would try to work something out(if you are comfortable with it).
2....this also depends on the school you are applying to. Check on their website if Nigeria is exempt from proof of English proficiency.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
Endywitty:
Pls good people in the house, and those you have passed NCLEX, I will like to know, which of the online platform is best for preparing for the exam? I urgently need your responses and I will appreciate it if I can get some materials from you. My e-mail address: endywittyelufe@gmail.com.
Check through my previous post for in depth analysis of each material.
However, the question banks are sold directly from the organising bodies. E.g Kaplan and Uworld
For content, you can use saunders and Lacharity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by estherton: 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2019
[quote author=Tempress post=83519619]. please dear, help me with Ielts and CBT materials if you have gotten them. Here is my email address estherton9@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thelmieey: 9:55pm On Nov 25, 2019
Ok. Thank you
vickyehi:

NO
it is preferable you move to the UK for now and later move to Canada or the States.

Note that even some Nigerian graduates with BSN are not still successfully in the process. So rather than wasting 4years in Nigeria doing Bsn, move to the UK and start practicing. You can also complete your Bsn in the UK in 1year.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Schimez: 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
Good day house, I have been waiting for up to 9 weeks to get the decision letter from NMCN. I don't know what the problem is with the council, is there anyone in my shoes or can offer me a friendly advice? I will be most grateful.

It's for a nurse intending to go to UK.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Bakaay(f): 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
vickyehi:

1..... yes they can as long as you were practicing as a nurse.
2.....you can start the process for the USA right now. Meaning get your credentials assessed with CGFNS and do all you need to do to get to the stage of being eligible for an ATT.
3.... Most agencies dont pay for your transportation to write your exam. They mostly pay for just the exam fees. However this information differs from one agency to another. I would advice that you research the agency you would like to choose and ask them these questions to help you plan better. Also after getting ATT, you have a limited time to write your NCLEX-RN, so that may not be the best time to initiate ist contact with an agency.
4....Yes your BN would be equivalent to a USA BN.

Is it possible to start right away?
The license I have right now is temporary I.e internship license.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Bakaay(f): 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2019
vickyehi:

1..... yes they can as long as you were practicing as a nurse.
2.....you can start the process for the USA right now. Meaning get your credentials assessed with CGFNS and do all you need to do to get to the stage of being eligible for an ATT.
3.... Most agencies dont pay for your transportation to write your exam. They mostly pay for just the exam fees. However this information differs from one agency to another. I would advice that you research the agency you would like to choose and ask them these questions to help you plan better. Also after getting ATT, you have a limited time to write your NCLEX-RN, so that may not be the best time to initiate ist contact with an agency.
4....Yes your BN would be equivalent to a USA BN.

It it possible for me to start right away? The license I have right now is temporary I.e internship license
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2019
Please help, i need Ielts materials. My email
Shuggaa1@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
Bakaay:

It it possible for me to start right away? The license I have right now is temporary I.e internship license
Yes you can
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2019
Schimez:
Good day house, I have been waiting for up to 9 weeks to get the decision letter from NMCN. I don't know what the problem is with the council, is there anyone in my shoes or can offer me a friendly advice? I will be most grateful.

Nmcn or nmc uk?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Opdannex: 11:49am On Dec 01, 2019
Please I need CBT materials anyone that has can please send it to this email: jibolatemmie1@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2019
vickyehi:

Yes you can
thank you
I was about the same question
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Kris28: 10:29am On Dec 02, 2019
I guess the recent changes by NMC UK is affecting them. People have several complaints lately.

Schimez:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by estherton: 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2019
Greetings to all the Guru's in the house. please, I need your candid advice on the following.

1. I went school of Nursing about four years ago and had recently completed my Bsc. now, i want to start applying to Nmc Uk.I want to know if it's appropriate for me to use Nursing registration certificate issued to me by the nmc nigeria to apply or put awaiting with respect to the new certificate the council will be issuing me after three years as my midwifery program was undertaken during the Bsc.

2. I want to make a change of name with the nmcn and one of the req. is registration certificate. please can I use that registration certificate obtained from school of nursing to go for the change of name knowing that the new certificate will be out in 3 years time and if should will it be effected. note that the notification and licence for the recent midwifery completed program is out.

please house advice urgently..
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by uzyfine: 8:09am On Dec 04, 2019
Symbae:
Hi guys, I would like to know if interstaff agency sponsors nclex exam, flight and accommodation

Please am interested in the bns 100% online, which school and the process please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by uzyfine: 8:11am On Dec 04, 2019
vickyehi:

Still waiting for USCIS to be dragging their legs. Anyways am happy my time this year wasnt a colossal waste because of this regular processing I chose.

At least my sibling's provincial nomination I sponsored was a success. For that alone I am happy I didnt leave Canada in a hurry.

Also started an online BSN program(100% online with no clinicals and no need to be in the states before resumption) this month so that no time is being wasted.

So lemme keep busy till USCIS decide to move me to the next level. undecided undecided

Please am interested in the BNs 100% online. What's the process and requiremenys

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (219) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.