Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (625069 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by confistified(m): 2:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Amy360:
Good day house,please @ vickyehi I need answer to this question, Can I use my intern license for verification with nmcn for UK processing and can I relocate with my husband almost immediately. Thank you as I await ur response
No u can't ma.... Get ur real license first..... If u really want to relocate immediately u can write and pass IELTS down first....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Amy360: 8:02am On Apr 29, 2020
confistified:
No u can't ma.... Get ur real license first..... If u really want to relocate immediately u can write and pass IELTS down first....
Thank you for the response,what of relocating with my husband almost immediately after passing the exam and getting an offer to come over.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 10:46am On Apr 29, 2020
If you’ve the funds, your family can move at the same time as you

Amy360:

Thank you for the response,what of relocating with my husband almost immediately after passing the exam and getting an offer to come over.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by SOLARPOWER1(f): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Hunnybee:
If you’ve the funds, your family can move at the same time as you

Like how much is the proof of funds required for that? Is it stated on the embassy's website?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Mkeith20(f): 11:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone

I'm a medical laboratory technician but practice as a phlebotomist and I have 6yrs experience. I'm looking at migrating to UK to practice.

I will appreciate if I can get guidance or information on how to go about it.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by confistified(m): 11:51am On Apr 29, 2020
Amy360:

I really don't have first hand info about this but from the people I have seen so far, they go first then their spouse joins them later..... I think after their OSCE and they get their pin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by confistified(m): 11:52am On Apr 29, 2020
Mkeith20:
Hello everyone

I'm a medical laboratory technician but practice as a phlebotomist and I have 6yrs experience. I'm looking at migrating to UK to practice.

I will appreciate if I can get guidance or information on how to go about it.

. Sorry sir but as the topic states.... This thread is for nurses.... Go to the general UK travel group and I believe you will get the right help

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Amy360: 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
confistified:
I really don't have first hand info about this but from the people I have seen so far, they go first then their spouse joins them later..... I think after their OSCE and they get their pin
The reason I asked this question is that I know of someone who travelled through avant healthcare to UK and after 3months,they sent for the husband and their son. So my question now is for me that doesn't want to go through any agency but want to go through the process of verification, writing my CBT exam and ielts and by God's grace successfully gets to UK,would they send for my husband after 3months or when?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
Avant for UK Anyway it’s advisable that you go through an agency for migration to Uk. No agency will pay for your exams or ask you to pay them, they get paid by your employer. So you stand to loose more not going through one. If you have the health surcharge, visa application fee, flight fee, and at least 2 months rent, you can come with your family, that’s what i did. You don’t necessarily have to wait till you get your PIN before bringing them over.

Amy360:

The reason I asked this question is that I know of someone who travelled through avant healthcare to UK and after 3months,they sent for the husband and their son. So my question now is for me that doesn't want to go through any agency but want to go through the process of verification, writing my CBT exam and ielts and by God's grace successfully gets to UK,would they send for my husband after 3months or when?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
Amy360:
Good day house,please @ vickyehi I need answer to this question, Can I use my intern license for verification with nmcn for UK processing and can I relocate with my husband almost immediately. Thank you as I await ur response
No you cant use intern license. You have to receive your full RN license ist before you can do anything.

As long as you have the money to pay for the application of your family, you can do it all at once. People tend to space it out so that they can concentrate on passing their OSCE before family dynamics comes in.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by confistified(m): 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
Amy360:

Ask that person u no this question to be sure
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Zeinymira(f): 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hello house, I need help with OET materials
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by SOLARPOWER1(f): 1:23pm On May 01, 2020
Hunnybee:
Avant for UK Anyway it’s advisable that you go through an agency for migration to Uk. No agency will pay for your exams or ask you to pay them, they get paid by your employer. So you stand to loose more not going through one. If you have the health surcharge, visa application fee, flight fee, and at least 2 months rent, you can come with your family, that’s what i did. You don’t necessarily have to wait till you get your PIN before bringing them over.

Why did you use that emoji when Avant was mentioned for UK...Is there something you want to say and please if Avant is not ok , recommend a good agent here to help others

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 2:33pm On May 01, 2020
Because i have never heard that avant recruits to the UK.

SOLARPOWER1:

Why did you use that emoji when Avant was mentioned for UK...Is there something you want to say and please if Avant is not ok , recommend a good agent here to help others
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Endywitty: 7:36pm On May 04, 2020
As anyone with Avant read this:

Greetings from Avant

We trust this email finds you all well and staying safe during the COVID-19 crisis. It certainly has been a very different way of life for many of us. Avant has had many staff been working remote but are looking forward to coming back into the office around May 18, 2020 and so we are looking forward to some return to a normal work life balance. We hope the same for each of you.
We are writing with an update in processing for Nigerian nationals.

As you may be aware, in February 2020, President Trump issued a ban on immigrant visas from Nigeria due to security concerns. Initially, despite the suspension Avant decided to continue to recruit and process new applicants for the program. However, as the suspension remains unresolved and it seems no action will be taken until at least October 2020, Avant will now be suspending all recruitment and processing for Nigerian nationals effective immediately and until further notice. Should this decision change at some time in the future we will update our social media and website.

We realize this may be disappointing news for some of you, but Avant is not terminating your agreement, we are simply suspending processing until such time as Nigeria is reinstated for eligibility for immigration processing. At that time we will reevaluate processing and timelines for each RN on the program. It is important during this time that you continue to work full time to maintain Avant requirements and also continue to save funds for your process. Should anything change for you, please do not hesitate to reach out. For those of you in NCLEX you should reach out to Andrea Daniel - adaniel@avanthealthcare.com with updates and Andrea will communicate with the rest of the NCLEX and Licensure Team.

Thank you for your understanding , we will update you once there is news to share.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Symbae: 10:30pm On May 04, 2020
Yes, saw that too. Seems they've put a hold on Nigerian RN process.

Endywitty:
As anyone with Avant read this:

Greetings from Avant

We trust this email finds you all well and staying safe during the COVID-19 crisis. It certainly has been a very different way of life for many of us. Avant has had many staff been working remote but are looking forward to coming back into the office around May 18, 2020 and so we are looking forward to some return to a normal work life balance. We hope the same for each of you.
We are writing with an update in processing for Nigerian nationals.

As you may be aware, in February 2020, President Trump issued a ban on immigrant visas from Nigeria due to security concerns. Initially, despite the suspension Avant decided to continue to recruit and process new applicants for the program. However, as the suspension remains unresolved and it seems no action will be taken until at least October 2020, Avant will now be suspending all recruitment and processing for Nigerian nationals effective immediately and until further notice. Should this decision change at some time in the future we will update our social media and website.

We realize this may be disappointing news for some of you, but Avant is not terminating your agreement, we are simply suspending processing until such time as Nigeria is reinstated for eligibility for immigration processing. At that time we will reevaluate processing and timelines for each RN on the program. It is important during this time that you continue to work full time to maintain Avant requirements and also continue to save funds for your process. Should anything change for you, please do not hesitate to reach out. For those of you in NCLEX you should reach out to Andrea Daniel - adaniel@avanthealthcare.com with updates and Andrea will communicate with the rest of the NCLEX and Licensure Team.

Thank you for your understanding , we will update you once there is news to share.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 3:58pm On May 05, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

Like how much is the proof of funds required for that? Is it stated on the embassy's website?

Yes, it is stated on the embassy's website. But if u are lucky enough, u may be sponsored by the agents, and there won't be need to show proof of funds. And, if u are doing it yourself, u would need to show funds per individual following you, and the funds have to be in your account about 3months before they apply for the Tier-2 dependent visa
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by SOLARPOWER1(f): 4:21pm On May 05, 2020
BlueBeard:

Yes, it is stated on the embassy's website. But if u are lucky enough, u may be sponsored by the agents, and there won't be need to show proof of funds. And, if u are doing it yourself, u would need to show funds per individual following you, and the funds have to be in your account about 3months before they apply for the Tier-2 dependent visa

Ok thanks. Do you know how much per person for the proof of fund ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 6:18pm On May 05, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

Ok thanks. Do you know how much per person for the proof of fund ?
It's on their official website, lemme get the link for you. But why not give it a trial, by asking the agent whether they can sponsor the person coming with you? U never can tell, there may be a favourable response

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 7:35pm On May 05, 2020
No agent sponsors ‘the person you’re coming with’ . It is the employer that gives a letter of maintenance, saying they will provide you with the money needed for your family to live on should you need it. This letter is what you provide in lieu of POF at the visa application. If you reach out to the HR dept of your trust/ employer , they’ll be able to provide you with it.

BlueBeard:

It's on their official website, lemme get the link for you. But why not give it a trial, by asking the agent whether they can sponsor the person coming with you? U never can tell, there may be a favourable response

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by SOLARPOWER1(f): 9:41am On May 06, 2020
BlueBeard:

Thank you for the link... I will give it a trial as suggested
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 2:00pm On May 06, 2020
Hunnybee:
No agent sponsors ‘the person you’re coming with’ . It is the employer that gives a letter of maintenance, saying they will provide you with the money needed for your family to live on should you need it. This letter is what you provide in lieu of POF at the visa application. If you reach out to the HR dept of your trust/ employer , they’ll be able to provide you with it.

Okay, I get you though. But we are still saying the same thing. Because the letter of maintenance could as well be referred to as letter of sponsorship, because you don't have to show proof of funds if the agent agrees to get you the "Letter of Maintenance". Anyways, thanks for the info
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chiomajesus77: 7:25pm On May 10, 2020
Good evening ALL, I'm looking at enrolling for IELTS and not too sure of the type for UK nurse route, GT or Academic test. Please can someone help me clarify ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 8:42pm On May 10, 2020
Chiomajesus77:
Good evening ALL, I'm looking at enrolling for IELTS and not too sure of the type for UK nurse route, GT or Academic test. Please can someone help me clarify ?
NMC-UK accepts either of the above mentioned tests... I hope I answered you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 10:30pm On May 10, 2020
The least you can do is ‘google’ the answer before coming here to answer questions. If you are not sure pls ignore instead of misleading people. You seem to be really good at that

BlueBeard:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 10:32pm On May 10, 2020
NMC UK ONLY accepts the ACADEMIC VERSION OF IELTS. If you go on their website, you’ll find the Ielts requirement there

Chiomajesus77:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nursetemmy: 11:05pm On May 10, 2020
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 8:10am On May 11, 2020
BlueBeard:

Bluebeard... Please what are you up to? It's not a must for you to answer people here, you always act like you know everything,yet you are empty,i read everything of you with vickyhe, pls if you don't have good reason to talk, pls hold your self and be watching..
Nmc UK only accept IELTS academics not GT..
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chiomajesus77: 4:01pm On May 11, 2020
bns4eva:

Bluebeard... Please what are you up to? It's not a must for you to answer people here, you always act like you know everything,yet you are empty,i read everything of you with vickyhe, pls if you don't have good reason to talk, pls hold your self and be watching..
Nmc UK only accept IELTS academics not GT..

Thank you very much
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by boyka1: 6:29pm On May 11, 2020
BlueBeard:

Okay, I get you though. But we are still saying the same thing. Because the letter of maintenance could as well be referred to as letter of sponsorship, because you don't have to show proof of funds if the agent agrees to get you the "Letter of Maintenance". Anyways, thanks for the info

Please permit me to add voice to this.

You honestly dont need a letter of Maintenance in a situation where your employer had ticked YES against " Certify Maintenance for applicant and Dependants if any" on the Certificate of Sponsorship (COS). If by any chance, your employer certify maintenance for only applicant, in this case you could approach your employer for a LOM.

In my case, i printed my wife's COS and uploaded as evidence of proof of funds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 6:50pm On May 11, 2020
boyka1:

Please permit me to add voice to this.

You honestly dont need a letter of Maintenance in a situation where your employer had ticked YES against " Certify Maintenance for applicant and Dependants if any" on the Certificate of Sponsorship (COS). If by any chance, your employer certify maintenance for only applicant, in this case you could approach your employer for a LOM.

In my case, i printed my wife's COS and uploaded as evidence of proof of funds.
Alright, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (219) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.