Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (626201 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
raphok1:
Good Evening Fam. Please does anyone know about this stage in the new NMC UK process? I want to know if one still has to contact NMCN for this "Regulator verification". I already contacted them (with the 17,500 naira payment) during the earlier "qualification Regulator verification" and "evaluation". Pls I need an explanation. Thanks

Any response yet?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS):

As per the recent updates, the UK home office has confirmed that the nurses and their families who are applying for UK visas would be exempted from IHS payment from 4th August 2020. If you or your family has paid IHS surcharge on or after 31st March 202, you would be eligible for a refund. You can request the refund through the home office website. Nurses and their families would be exempted from IHS surcharge for all visa applications/extensions from 4th August 2020.

some good news.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2020
Adwoa816:
Pls my Sister is a midwife who has passed both the IELTS and the CBT. Please can you connect her to an agency

MSI
HCL
Medacs
Medline
Envertiz

I think this will be of help, search the above , adding agency to them

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
Valnos:

MSI
HCL
Medacs
Medline
Envertiz

I think this will be of help, search the above , adding agency to them

Good luck
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by shndy: 3:30am On Aug 04, 2020
Is there any US recruiting agency that doesn't require work experience?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Electroweb(m): 5:06am On Aug 04, 2020
vickyehi:

Regular ielts academic

Ok. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by raphok1(m): 9:14am On Aug 04, 2020
Iruosonobrugwhe:

Any response yet?

Heard it's Letter of Good standing and that it takes about 2 months. The thing tire me o. I also heard there are more than 500 people waiting for it.

Please if you have any good contact that could do it fast, help me oo. It's been a month now.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Adunola20: 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hello Great Nurses,
Please, I am about to start the process for my nursing registration in Canada.

Please, how can I apply for verification from the NMCN?
How much is it?
How long does it take?

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 08, 2020
AjaoSandra:
....which was why I loved the UK package even though the economy isn't that encouraging considering the tax and the income of nurses compared to other western sides. UK is quite fast with what I gathered, it just takes about 3months from when you make your IELTS cut off to the time You Take the OSCE....I have heard so much from USA applicants, UK applicants, Australia too but very little about the Canada NNAS, like the length of time it takes for them to assess your credentials, have it forwarded to the BON you applied with for evaluation and you getting the ATT, because truth is I hope it doesn't take that long, because I am really impatient lol, one year for cgfns evaluation is just crazy long, is there anybody on the platform who had it different as in shorter? Please kindly share, I need motivation grin.....
And again for clarification purposes wellendowed did you say it costs 12000dollars to apply to an accredited university to do the 3months bridge programme for nurses in australia? That's quite expensive, good thing though you don't need write a board exam..... And again that OMNI college Hmmmm I feel personally the tuition and every other expenses that comes with it is just outrageous, Na like 7milli when I do the calculation. undecided undecided undecidedon top what To teach me to pass their board exam when I already did in my country?? Well I think that's pretty much their story, I am a registered nurse already, I dont think I need another intense programme to teach me to pass a nursing board exam that I have passed before..... I should be able to study hard to ace that, and not spend millions to earn their qualification, it's just somehow, my opinion though, and again as par fixing up the deficiencies we have in our syllabus so you can meet up with the NNAS standard don't think that's true, if you are a bsc nurse here you can match up with theirs and the Rn here as Rpn there.......in all though need someone who has started the NNAS process need someone with first hand Information as regards it, lemme weigh my options please......

PS feel free to correct me please if I made any mistake with my info..... Thanks

And now you are a force to be reckoned with as regards USA parole. Kudos to you, Ihear say your academy make sense. Na to become Agency remain. Dey chop your dollars dey go mama, nothing do you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Gratefulme: 8:26am On Aug 10, 2020
Is anyone processing Australia? Their mcq for nurses, is it nclex? I saw nclex-rn on their site. Does this mean there's no test center for the Australian exam in naija
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 8:40am On Aug 10, 2020
James150:

Sorry please are you going for top up to bsc? How long is it in Philippines please

Cameroon nearby is 1 year.... Online is allowed.....On arrival, you pay & register. 1 year for RN to BSc Nursing, two years for Midwifery( RM) to BSc Nursing and 1 year for RM to BSc Midwifery.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by richhills(m): 10:24am On Aug 11, 2020
Please kindly send me the CBT and osce e-materials
talk2adlan@yahoo.com
barbiee:
sent
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by richhills(m): 10:26am On Aug 11, 2020
Pls for IELTS materials
talk2adlan@yahoo.com
Chiomajesus77 p[b:
[/b]ost=91426497]Good morning Family,

Could anyone here kindly help me with any electronic material on IELTS academic or recommend one I can buy online ? my email add. is chiomaezeji89@gmail.com

Thanking you in advance and God bless
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Gratefulme: 4:04am On Aug 12, 2020
Gratefulme:
Is anyone processing Australia? Their mcq for nurses, is it nclex? I saw nclex-rn on their site. Does this mean there's no test center for the Australian exam in naija
Australian nurses, biko help a sister. I'm about to start my registration with AHPRA. The fee is high tho. OSCE is 4000 aud, NETA preparatory class for the osce is 5500 aud. Are there recruitment agencies that help pay for this? I can't find any useful information on Google.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
raphok1:
Good Evening Fam. Please does anyone know about this stage in the new NMC UK process? I want to know if one still has to contact NMCN for this "Regulator verification". I already contacted them (with the 17,500 naira payment) during the earlier "qualification Regulator verification" and "evaluation". Pls I need an explanation. Thanks

Please does anyone know how this can be tracked and gotten out?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
Gratefulme:

I thought this was me and I was wondering when I wrote that.

We have very similar IDs

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by AustinT575: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
gratefulme40:

We have very similar IDs
Pls when processing Australia do you do your medical at any government hospital or must be at an approved panel doctor remember panel doctors ain’t working now due to covid
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Fisaejiw: 12:58am On Aug 14, 2020
l
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Fisaejiw: 1:01am On Aug 14, 2020
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by richhills(m): 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
What is the process for physiotherapists to work in the UK?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by protonz(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
Hello house!
pls help me with this case scenario!
what if my passport has a different date of birth from the one on my licence would it affect my visa processing in any way ??
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, please how true is this information below, in regards to NHS and foreign trained nurses?

Hello Nurses,

Please find below update from most of the NHS employers:

Organisations recruiting healthcare professionals to the UK should still be following the UK Code of Practice for international recruitment during this unprecedented time.

What is NHS code of conduct? The NHS code of conduct was put together in 2004. It outline that Developing countries should not be targeted for recruitment.

This means you cannot advertise, promote or target nurses from developing countries or countries which accepts healthcare allowances from WHO.

India & Philippine are also included in the list but UK government signed special agreement with India & Philippine to recruit nurses.

We were allowed to accept applications if someone contact us directly either through email, phone or our website and we have been doing that over the years.

But in recent week we had an email from our NHS partners who told us not to recruit nurses from developing countries. This also applies for India or Philippine nurses working in developing countries too.

The Covid situation has brought abou drastic changes in the industry and as almost every country realised the importance of healthcare staff in recent days.

NHS employers at the moment don't want to recruit nurses from developing countries through third party.
The active recruitment of healthcare staff from developing countries is prohibited, while recruitment agencies should not be supplying any staff from the developing countries list.

NHS Employers may consider unsolicited applications direct from an individual in a developing country if that individual is making an application directly to the hospital and not using a third party.

Due to this development, we have decided not to accept applications until further notice. You may please look around for other options. The only option I can see ahead is get a job in a Care Home/Private hospital.

Wishing you all the very best. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by honeycrown(m): 4:46am On Aug 19, 2020
BlueBeard:
Good afternoon everyone, please how true is this information below, in regards to NHS and foreign trained nurses?

Hello Nurses,

Organisations recruiting healthcare professionals to the UK should still be following the UK Code of Practice for international recruitment during this unprecedented time.

What is NHS code of conduct? The NHS code of conduct was put together in 2004. It outline that Developing countries should not be targeted for recruitment.

This means you cannot advertise, promote or target nurses from developing countries or countries which accepts healthcare allowances from WHO.

India & Philippine are also included in the list but UK government signed special agreement with India & Philippine to recruit nurses.

We were allowed to accept applications if someone contact us directly either through email, phone or our website and we have been doing that over the years.

But in recent week we had an email from our NHS partners who told us not to recruit nurses from developing countries. This also applies for India or Philippine nurses working in developing countries too.

The Covid situation has brought abou drastic changes in the industry and as almost every country realised the importance of healthcare staff in recent days.

NHS employers at the moment don't want to recruit nurses from developing countries through third party.
The active recruitment of healthcare staff from developing countries is prohibited, while recruitment agencies should not be supplying any staff from the developing countries list.

NHS Employers may consider unsolicited applications direct from an individual in a developing country if that individual is making an application directly to the hospital and not using a third party.

Due to this development, we have decided not to accept applications until further notice. You may please look around for other options. The only option I can see ahead is get a job in a Care Home/Private hospital.

It's true, however, you can apply directly to the Nhs trust hospitals yourself. They're still conducting interviews for Nigerian nurses. But going through agencies might be difficult now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BlueBeard(m): 5:11am On Aug 19, 2020
honeycrown:

It's true, however, you can apply directly to the Nhs trust hospitals yourself. They're still conducting interviews for Nigerian nurses. But going through agencies might be difficult now.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
Where did you get this info?

Please provide the link.

BlueBeard:

Hello Nurses,

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Endywitty: 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2020
Good evening house, Pls I will like to inquire if the following IELTS result meets the requirement for the UK job processing?

Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 6.5

Overall 7.5

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by richhills(m): 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
It didn't. Only writing can fall below 7 to 6.5
Endywitty:
Good ev[b][/b]ening house, Pls I will like to inquire if the following IELTS result meets the requirement for the UK job processing?

Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 6.5

Overall 7.5
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Luchiano54: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
This is a very good result. I would suggest you apply for a remark immediately
for Speaking. Since it's subjective,just like writing,you have a high chance of getting a better score.
Endywitty:
Good evening house, Pls I will like to inquire if the following IELTS result meets the requirement for the UK job processing?

Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 6.5

Overall 7.5
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Gratefulme: 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
gratefulme40:

We have very similar IDs
Hahaha. That's true
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=Jenniliousatoe post=92244632][/quote] send me a pm
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sophiebby: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Please house,does anyone know how to solve wrong date of birth on waec certificate which is different from the one I registered with nmcn ?..and please can it delay any of my processing to the UK,CANADA OR USA ..because I’ve not started at all..please your reply will be appreciated
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by protonz(m): 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
sophiebby:
Please house,does anyone know how to solve wrong date of birth on waec certificate which is different from the one I registered with nmcn ?..and please can it delay any of my processing to the UK,CANADA OR USA ..because I’ve not started at all..please your reply will be appreciated
pls someone should pls answer this question .
am having a similar problem

i used 1999 for my NMCN reg, but i have 1994 on my waec certificate smiley

now am planning on going for passport using 1999 as my dob

i don't know if there would be any consequences to this

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.