Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (625796 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
tolajay:
Wow!

Congrats.

When did you apply for verification?

Thanks

My mail was delivered to NMCN 16th march, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
No.

Medical personnel and their dependents are no longer required to pay IHS.

It was scrapped last year: https://crossborderlegal.co.uk/has-goverment-scrapped-of-the-ihs-fee-for-healthcare-workers/

Iruosonobrugwhe:
Hello house,

For a health worker who left on a skilled Worker visa, will the spouse and dependents pay IHS?

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
Wait! I am not understanding.

The mail with your credentials got to NMCN on 16 March, and you're verified as of today 21 April?

Did you fast-track or influence it in anyway?

Valnos:

Thanks

My mail was delivered to NMCN 16th march, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by beautyhd: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
Do we have Nurses here working in Qatar or aspiring to?

As we are hoping to migrate to the US and Uk, we can try other places as well.

That brings me to above question.

Can someone answer me.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
tolajay:
Wait! I am not understanding.

The mail with your credentials got to NMCN on 16 March, and you're verified as of today 21 April?

Did you fast-track or influence it in anyway?

Yes my mail was signed received at Abuja March 16, 2021. Yes was verified today, received email from NMC , Pearson and also reflect on my NMC UK portal

No I didn't fast-track nor influenced it in any way.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2021
Interesting!

Biko was it email or courier you sent to NMCN?

Thanks

Valnos:

Yes my mail was signed received at Abuja March 16, 2021. Yes was verified today, received email from NMC , Pearson and also reflect on my NMC UK portal

No I didn't fast-track nor influenced it in any way.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
Valnos:

Yes In most cases.

Delsey, I think you should check your portal. I just got verified.
nothing yet oh. Na still awaiting third-party verification still dey my account. I no sabi who I offend for Nmcn oh
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by keleks: 7:20am On Apr 22, 2021
Hi Everyone, I am new here. I tried to read and digest this thread but I just don’t understand. My mother would like to migrate to the Uk as a Registered Nurse. She worked with Lagos state General hospital for 35years. She retired last year. She is 59yrs. She wants to be close the a few of her family in the Uk that’s why she wants to relocate legally. She also wants to get busy, she hates been idle and wants to work. Is it possible to migrate to the Uk with her age?
If yes what are the steps?
I would be very glad if someone can put us through thank you �

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 9:32am On Apr 22, 2021
she should write IELTS, then proceed

keleks:
Hi Everyone, I am new here. I tried to read and digest this thread but I just don’t understand. My mother would like to migrate to the Uk as a Registered Nurse. She worked with Lagos state General hospital for 35years. She retired last year. She is 59yrs. She wants to be close the a few of her family in the Uk that’s why she wants to relocate legally. She also wants to get busy, she hates been idle and wants to work. Is it possible to migrate to the Uk with her age?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 9:33am On Apr 22, 2021
gracias

tolajay:
No.

Medical personnel and their dependents are no longer required to pay IHS.

It was scrapped last year: https://crossborderlegal.co.uk/has-goverment-scrapped-of-the-ihs-fee-for-healthcare-workers/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello house, please my wife will soon get her ATT for nclex exams, please is it possible for her to schedule her exams in UK?, thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
Juddy2018:
Hello house, please my wife will soon get her ATT for nclex exams, please is it possible for her to schedule her exams in UK?, thank you.
Yes
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes, if she have a visa. And she can try South Africa too

Juddy2018:
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
My wife wrote her Nclex exam the system shut down at 75 questions after 2hrs. Yet she failed the exam.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
fendorf:
Yes

@ fendorf, please what's the duration of the visa, because someone is saying 3 months, some said 6 months, she is being sponsored by westways agency. thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Theyoungmatron: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
Compu001:
My wife wrote her Nclex exam the system shut down at 75 questions after 2hrs. Yet she failed the exam.
eyaaa.

She should review her contents and try again
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
Compu001:
please how did she know she failed, what's the reply she got in her mail from NCSBN.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Juddy2018:

@ fendorf, please what's the duration of the visa, because someone is saying 3 months, some said 6 months, she is being sponsored by westways agency. thank you.
what i mean is this.> is it 3 months visa or 6 months visa?.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by keleks: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
Iruosonobrugwhe:
she should write IELTS, then proceed

Hello... so after the IELTS, then proceed how. Pls help or point me to the right direction on where to find the information. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by keleks: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yeah. We are doing that.

Theyoungmatron:
eyaaa.

She should review her contents and try again
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
We paid for quick result and got failed.

Juddy2018:

please how did she know she failed, what's the reply she got in her mail from NCSBN.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
Juddy2018:
which visa?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Juddy2018:
you just need a day to write enclex
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 7:08am On Apr 23, 2021
tolajay:
Interesting!

Biko was it email or courier you sent to NMCN?

Thanks

Tolajay, via courier

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 7:10am On Apr 23, 2021
DELSEY:
nothing yet oh. Na still awaiting third-party verification still dey my account. I no sabi who I offend for Nmcn oh

Kia, this guys are something else o.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 7:13am On Apr 23, 2021
keleks:

Hello... so after the IELTS, then proceed how. Pls help or point me to the right direction on where to find the information. Thanks

THIS IS WHAT THE NEW NMC PROCESS ENTAILS:

PHASE 1:
OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH NMC UK
UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

(1) NURSING CERTIFICATE/NOTIFICATION

2) BNSC SCHOOL CERTIFICATE/STATEMENT OF RESULT, IF YOU ARE UNIVERSITY-TRAINED OR YOUR TESTIMONIAL/NURSING CERTIFICATE/NOTIFICATION OF RESULT, IF YOU ARE SCHOOL OF NURSING (SON)TRAINED.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THOSE WHO DID BNSC AFTER GRADUATING FROM SON DO NOT NEED TO UPLOAD THEIR BNSC CERTIFICATE/STATEMENT OF RESULT, JUST UPLOAD YOUR SON DOCUMENTS.

3) INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
THEN PAY £140 FOR VERIFICATION.

PHASE 2:
VERIFY WITH NMCN BY

(1) SUBMITTING A HANDWRITTEN LETTER ADDRESSED TO THE SECRETARY GENERAL/REGISTRAR WHY YOU WANT TO BE VERIFIED, PAY N17,500 VIA REMITA AND PRINT OUT RECEIPT OF PAYMENT, PHOTOCOPIES OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE, LICENSE (BACK AND FRONT, NURSING CERTIFICATE AND SEND TO NMCN.

PHASE 3
BEGINS UPON SUCCESSFUL VERIFICATION BY NMCN. NMC UK WILL SEND YOU AN EMAIL AUTHORIZING YOU TO TAKE CBT AND OSCE TESTS, WHICHEVER YOU CAN (NOW, MOST PERSONS IN NIGERIA WILL GO FOR CBT BECAUSE IT IS READILY AVAILABLE HERE, UNLIKE THE CBT EXAM WHICH YOU CAN ONLY TAKE IN 4 CENTRES IN THE UK).
IN THE SAME EMAIL, NMC UK WILL ADVICE YOU TO COMMENCE REGISTRATION PROCESS WHILE PREPARING FOR THE TWO EXAMS.

PHASE 4
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS INCLUDES
SUBMISSION OF POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE, NOMINATING A PHYSICIAN TO ATTEST THAT YOU'RE FIT TO PRACTICE IN THE UK, NOMINATE NMCN TO ATTEST TO YOUR CHARACTER, IELTS RESULT AND PAYMENT OF £152 REGISTRATION.

NOTE: THE REGISTRATION FEE (£152) IS DIFFERENT FROM VERIFICATION FEE (£140).
IN THE OLD PROCESS, REGISTRATION FEE IS ONLY PAID AFTER YOU HAVE PASSED OSCE, BUT IT HAS NOW BEEN MOVED BACK. WHAT THIS MEANS IS THAT, IN THE NEW PROCESS, ONCE YOU PASS OSCE, YOU GET YOUR RN PIN.

YOU CAN SEE THAT FROM PHASE 1 TO 3 YOU DON'T NEED IELTS RESULT TO COMPLETE THEM. IT'S ONLY IN PHASE FOUR THAT IT WILL BE REQUIRED.
SO, IT IS YOUR CHOICE IF YOU WANT TO WRITE CBT BEFORE IELTS.

HOWEVER, MANY PEOPLE WILL ADVICE YOU WRITE IELTS BEFORE CBT BECAUSE IT IS MORE DIFFICULT AND ONCE YOU GET ATT FROM NMC UK, YOU ONLY HAVE TWO YEARS TO COMPLETE THE ENTIRE PROCESS OR ELSE, YOU START ALL OVER AGAIN AFTER FAILURE TO COMPLETE IT WITHIN THAT TWO YEARS.

COMPLETION MEANS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN YOUR RN UK PIN

#Copied

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
fendorf:
you just need a day to write enclex
please what i mean is that she is looking at getting a 3 to 6 months visa from her nclex exam which she is planning to schedule in UK, where by after the exams she can find something doing in UK before the visa expires. Already her UK nursing process remains ielts. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
Juddy2018:

please what i mean is that she is looking at getting a 3 to 6 months visa from her nclex exam which she is planning to schedule in UK, where by after the exams she can find something doing in UK before the visa expires. Already her UK nursing process remains ielts. Thank you.
you can’t work with visiting visa
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2021
Juddy2018:

she can do the Uk nursing instead of Enclex and work legally if she is in a hurry to start working.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2021
fendorf:
she can do the Uk nursing instead of Enclex and work legally if she is in a hurry to start working.
Ok, if I understand you, after her nclex exams in UK, before her visa expires she can complete her UK processes in UK right?. Both OSCE?. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Realgenie: 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
Please can you give me your mail so I can get more clarity I'm a basic midwife in Nigeria
Dum4christ:
If you are planning on relocating to Ireland as a nurse, private chat me for guidance. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (219) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.