Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (624777 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zagorakis(m): 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
Why not check out schools of nursing in Nigeria, at least they are 3 and half year programme

MrHealth:
Hello. Good Afternoon.
Please I have a question.
I am a Graduate from a Nigerian University. A Science Related background with Science O Level Results. I want to go back to School and study Nursing and practice in the UK, US or any other Country.

I have done my research and discovered I can do M.Sc Adult Nursing in UK (2 yrs) (but with healthcare experience) but the fees are just too high. Now I'm confused.

University Nursing is like 5 yrs again with JAMB. I don't know if I'm ready for another long hassle of spending another 5 yrs in University again. Thinking about the entire journey of writing "Probability" Jamb and spending those years in school again to get another B.Sc makes me so tired already.

Now I don't know what to do undecided

Abeg I need advice or sponsor for M.Sc cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by SamReinvented: 12:40am On Aug 13, 2021
Hi everyone, please I have a question on behalf of a family member in Nigeria wanting to immigrate to the UK as a nurse. Is the IELTS required for this journey the UKVI IELTS or the normal one is just fine?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by faithugo64(f): 3:36am On Aug 13, 2021
SamReinvented:
Hi everyone, please I have a question on behalf of a family member in Nigeria wanting to immigrate to the UK as a nurse. Is the IELTS required for this journey the UKVI IELTS or the normal one is just fine?
IELTS academic

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by SamReinvented: 3:41am On Aug 13, 2021
faithugo64:
IELTS academic

I know it is academic. There’s a normal IELTS and there’s one called IELTS for UKVI (which is not done at all IELTS centres in Nigeria). That’s what I’m asking about.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by faithugo64(f): 4:05am On Aug 13, 2021
SamReinvented:

I know it is academic. There’s a normal IELTS and there’s one called IELTS for UKVI (which is not done at all IELTS centres in Nigeria). That’s what I’m asking about.
Normal IELTS

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emeraldoe(f): 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
Please can I get agencies still recruiting for nurses from Nigeria to the UK? If not, which websites can I use?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tvickie(f): 5:02am On Aug 14, 2021
vickyehi:
Hi, Vicky, I started my application yesterday but got confused. While filling my employment,[img][/img] as seen in the picture, how am I supposed to fill the practice hours in those boxes ? For example this job is my first job and then two others. Do I just fill the year one here ? And leave the others blank and then do same with year two for the second job ?? Thank you
They aren't exaggerating too much. Another thing people do is try to get registered as an LPN along side the RN application. But in all of these process, you need to be within Canada to complete the process.

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by EbonyCy(f): 6:58am On Aug 14, 2021
MrHealth:
Hello. Good Afternoon.
I am a Graduate from a Nigerian University. A Science Related background with Science O Level Results. I want to go back to School and study Nursing and practice in the UK, US or any other Country.

I have done my research and discovered I can do M.Sc Adult Nursing in UK (2 yrs) (but with healthcare experience) but the fees are just too high. Now I'm confused.

University Nursing is like 5 yrs again with JAMB. I don't know if I'm ready for another long hassle of spending another 5 yrs in University again. Thinking about the entire journey of writing "Probability" Jamb and spending those years in school again to get another B.Sc makes me so tired already.

Go tru a school of nursing, jamb isn't required, just pass the entrance exams & interview u will be admitted. In less than 4yrs u are through with it then u can start your japa journey..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by busola94me: 12:21am On Aug 15, 2021
vickyehi:
Finally got a new nmcn plug. You can send me a dm. The person usually gets it done in an average time of 1week (all things being equal).

Good luck to everyone on the journey
Please check your DM sis
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 5:29am On Aug 15, 2021
[quote author=Tvickie post=104769292][/quote]

I believe the question is asking for the figure if your practice hours in the last 5years. Year 1 would be the current year (aug 2021 to aug 2020) and continue to log it backwards till 5years ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vizin: 7:29am On Aug 15, 2021
I see that most US universities offer a nursing pathway where you study for 2yrs to get your BSN since you already have a bachelor's degree. After the two years you get a bsn and you're eligible to take the nclex-rn exams basically you'll become a registered nurse if I'm not mistaken. Look into studying in the US
MrHealth:
Hello. Good Afternoon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Reddie: 8:02am On Aug 15, 2021
vickyehi:
Finally got a new nmcn plug. You can send me a dm. The person usually gets it done in an average time of 1week (all things being equal).

Good luck to everyone on the journey
Pls check your email
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Elizabeths03: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hi,

I have a question about the UK process. Can someone who has just finished her degree but not yet found an internship apply to work in the UK instead. Is it a must to complete the internship first?
Thank You
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yunqdady: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2021
Elizabeths03:
Hi,

I have a question about the UK process. Can someone who has just finished her degree but not yet found an internship apply to work in the UK instead. Is it a must to complete the internship first?
Thank You
Do you have a proper licence or internship licence? You can't use intern license to register.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DigitalPriest: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2021
Can one study Bsc Nursing in Poland, and then after her study, sit for Australian NCLEX-RN while in Poland?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yunqdady: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2021
DigitalPriest:
Can one study Bsc Nursing in Poland, and then after her study, sit for Australian NCLEX-RN while in Poland?
Which magic?
Why waste money on Poland wen u could do private university in Nigeria?
If you study nursing in Poland, u have to come get Nigeria license before you could even do anything.
Don't waste ur time and resources
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tvickie(f): 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2021
Okay thank you
vickyehi:

I believe the question is asking for the figure if your practice hours in the last 5years. Year 1 would be the current year (aug 2021 to aug 2020) and continue to log it backwards till 5years ago.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DigitalPriest: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
yunqdady:

Which magic?
Why waste money on Poland wen u could do private university in Nigeria?
If you study nursing in Poland, u have to come get Nigeria license before you could even do anything.
Don't waste ur time and resources

So people don't study Nursing and Medicine outside Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yunqdady: 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
DigitalPriest:

So people don't study Nursing and Medicine outside Nigeria?
The point is, they would still come spend minimum of 6 months in Nigeria to get a licence. Poland won't give you licence as you aren't citizen.
You need licence to apply to those advanced countries say Australia, UK USA etc
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DigitalPriest: 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
yunqdady:

The point is, they would still come spend minimum of 6 months in Nigeria to get a licence. Poland won't give you licence as you aren't citizen.
You need licence to apply to those advanced countries say Australia, UK USA etc

You are wrong. You can be registered with Polish Nursing Board if you get B1 at least in your Polish language exam.

You can work as a student.

You can work in the ward of the field you want to specialize in after your Bsc before going for your Masters where you will specialize in a field.

You can get Polish PR after five years of consistent living in Poland.

You don't need to write JAMB to get into Poland University.

You don't get to endure terrible challenges of studying in Nigeria even if it's private University.

You can't tell me that after living in Poland for 5 years and taking intensive Polish language school tutorials for 6 months, one cannot pass Polish language test and be licensed.

Then, the person will apply for Australia work visa.

Plus, the person can work in Poland for few years. A nurse in Poland that has specialized in an area gets about 5000 PLN, which is 585k/month.

And living expenses are not very high.

A nurse working with even Teaching Hospital in Nigeria doesn't earn up to 500k per month upon very harsh work condition.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by suzyberry(f): 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2021
Please I have a question. If a baby is born after the parents have been issued their visa to US, will the baby require visa also to travel with the parents? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yunqdady: 8:14am On Aug 17, 2021
DigitalPriest:

You are wrong. You can be registered with Polish Nursing Board if you get B1 at least in your Polish language exam.

You can work in the ward of the field you want to specialize in after your Bsc before going for your Masters where you will specialize in a field.

You don't get to endure terrible challenges of studying in Nigeria even if it's private University.

You can't tell me that after living in Poland for 5 years and taking intensive Polish language school tutorials for 6 months, one cannot pass Polish language test and be licensed.

Plus, the person can work in Poland for few years. A nurse in Poland that has specialized in an area gets about 5000 PLN, which is 585k/month.

A nurse working with even Teaching Hospital in Nigeria doesn't earn up to 500k per month upon very harsh work condition.
OK. But don't compare the 1naira in Poland to 1naira in Nigeria.
If your aim is to travel to Australia, I don't see any need going to Poland first.
People Re doing this for other countries and end up regretting. Especially Philippines
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DigitalPriest: 9:16am On Aug 17, 2021
yunqdady:

OK. But don't compare the 1naira in Poland to 1naira in Nigeria.
If your aim is to travel to Australia, I don't see any need going to Poland first.
People Re doing this for other countries and end up regretting. Especially Philippines

1 Naira in Poland is better than 1 Naira in Nigeria.

Poland is a great option because it's an EU country and their standard of education is not in doubt. And the tuition fee is cheap compared to going to UK or Australia to study.

Why spend $15,000 per year in Australia studying nursing when you can spend €5000 per year in Poland?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yunqdady: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2021
DigitalPriest:

Poland is a great option because it's an EU country and their standard of education is not in doubt. And the tuition fee is cheap compared to going to UK or Australia to study.

Why spend $15,000 per year in Australia studying nursing when you can spend €5000 per year in Poland?
Please go ahead. Do your nursing in Poland. Body go tell you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2021
Guy you just dey yarn rubbish. How on earth will you be advising someone to study nursing in Poland.
Facts: Most European nursing degree are just waste if time expect UK. That's why you will not see them applying to USA, Australia even UK because they can't pass the nursing board exam.
So I will advise based on experience if you want to study nursing, do it in Nigeria. I can say categorically that Nigerian Nurses are one of the best in the world.

DigitalPriest:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
Do you even know how much 5000PLN is in euro?? That's just 1000euro in a month. Alaye, you dey underate these nurses. So I will go university come back to earn 1000euro?? Guy kill that thought. SAY NO TO EUROPE except UK.

DigitalPriest:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
I will rather pay that high in Australia than pay in any European countries. Because I know I will get the returns after graduation.
Imagine spending that high in Poland to dey collect 1000euro per month.

DigitalPriest:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Hi guys. Thanks for the guidelines.
We got verified at nmcn within 2 weeks, IELTS done, and now left with CBT.
I have tried logging in to Pearson Vue but strangely I can't find the login button. I don search the website tire.
They sent an email concerning username and password but I can't seem to find the login button.
Looked through "schedule your test"
"Book your test"
"Online exam"

Still, I can't seem to find the login.
Help biko.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by estherton: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
Please how does someone download his CBT result bearing his name from Pearson vue account
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nhimah1(f): 2:33am On Aug 19, 2021
SamReinvented:

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (219) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.