Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (626296 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2021
bivoprad:
Pls, are you with westways?...How soon after passing your NCLEX did they submit your petition to USCIS

Yes I am. I self sponsored for Nclex and contacted westways in Jan 2019. Application was started almost immediately and i140 acknowledgement of receipt was March
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bivoprad(f): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2021
Thanks for the swift response....I already know you're with westways. I quoted Theyoungmatron, i was asking her the question.
vickyehi:

Yes I am. I self sponsored for Nclex and contacted westways in Jan 2019. Application was started almost immediately and i140 acknowledgement of receipt was March

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by upkay: 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2021
Hello everyone. Please I need help for my license verification for IQAS evaluation. To travel to Abuja is not an option to be considered for now.

Any assistance rendered would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by upkay: 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
Hello,

Is the affidavit you took was in Federal high court, state high court or notary (from private lawyers) ?

Also, did you know if affidavit can suffice similar issue with the 'date of birth' ?

Thank you.

Naijasumii:

Speaking from my personal experience..
I changed two of my names (surname and last name) after marriage. When I contacted NMCN to effect the change of name, they said they can only effect the change in surname which was as a result of marriage but other names remain the same.
Please note that I have done affidavit, newspaper publication and even effect the changes on my National Identity Number.
I decided to start the registration with NMC UK with my new name.
While filling out the registration form, I was asked if there's any changes to my name and I picked Yes and I uploaded the supporting documents. I was told to write my previous name and when I wanted to submit for verification, I was asked which name I'm known for at NMCN.
I have no itches with my verification.
So don't bother about the name change, just do affidavit to back it up as earlier suggested.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Esberry: 12:52am On Nov 29, 2021
sharone21:

There is online BSc accredited Nursing program in Cameroon ( for those with RN/HND certificate already). You get a government university's certificate from private institution anywhere( globally) you are. Reach me.

Please @sharon21 I will also be interested in the class
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 2:14am On Nov 29, 2021
Esberry:

Please @sharon21 I will also be interested in the class

October- June( may still be lucky)....

Whatsapp please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hi. I got an offer in Swansea. Care home job.
But what I am reading about Swansea isn't isn't that pleasant. Is there anyone living in Swansea here?

Do you think I should look further? The care home contract says 3 years or if i intend to leave before then, then I will have to pay a fee of £10k.
The manager said they had to put the clause in place because a lot of their RN leave as soon as they get hospital jobs...causing constant change in staff with affect their patients.
I googled about the care home and the reviews were good but the important question is how is Swansea??. I seem to be reading lots of violence, drug, ruggedity about them online.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Naijasumii: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
upkay:
Hello,

Is the affidavit you took was in Federal high court, state high court or notary (from private lawyers) ?

Also, did you know if affidavit can suffice similar issue with the 'date of birth' ?

Thank you.

I got it from state high Court. And Yes, the affidavits should be useful for clarifying date of birth issue
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Naijasumii: 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
quivah:
But what I am reading about Swansea isn't isn't that pleasant. Is there anyone living in Swansea here?

Do you think I should look further? The care home contract says 3 years or if i intend to leave before then, then I will have to pay a fee of £10k.
The manager said they had to put the clause in place because a lot of their RN leave as soon as they get hospital jobs...causing constant change in staff with affect their patients.
I googled about the care home and the reviews were good but the important question is how is Swansea??. I seem to be reading lots of violence, drug, ruggedity about them online.

As a Nigerian, I don't think that should be much of an issue to you... Once you know how to conduct yourself.. Since you already the knowledge of how the place is, it will help you to be better prepared
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
Naijasumii:

As a Nigerian, I don't think that should be much of an issue to you... Once you know how to conduct yourself.. Since you already the knowledge of how the place is, it will help you to be better prepared
Lol @moniker.

My brother, I'm not in a haste. Na strange land we dey talk about. I just need a better knowledge of what's happening there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Richdee1(m): 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
quivah:

Where do you search for jobs please?
What sites
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 12:06am On Nov 30, 2021
If i were you, I would be more concerned about the fact that
1. They have a high turn over rate even though they pay more than the NHS does
2. They require you to pay more than they spent bringing you in before you can leave.
Why do the nurses keep leaving for other jobs like the manager said? You don’t know it cos you’re not in the system yet, but going by my experience in this Country i can assure you that there’s something inherently wrong. And the only reason why they put the clause is to stop you from leaving no matter what. £10k is a lot of money, it will be enough to put down as deposit for mortgage in some parts of the Country. Please choose wisely.

quivah:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 7:31am On Nov 30, 2021
Hunnybee:
If i were you, I would be more concerned about the fact that
1. They have a high turn over rate even though they pay more than the NHS does
2. They require you to pay more than they spent bringing you in before you can leave.
Why do the nurses keep leaving for other jobs like the manager said? You don’t know it cos you’re not in the system yet, but going by my experience in this Country i can assure you that there’s something inherently wrong. And the only reason why they put the clause is to stop you from leaving no matter what. £10k is a lot of money, it will be enough to put down as deposit for mortgage in some parts of the Country. Please choose wisely.

Yes, also a big concern for Me.
I spoke with the owner actually, and I asked why such amount. He said it was £3500 before but they had to increase it because their RNs were always leaving within months of starting because they get hospital jobs. He said most of them just used care home as an opportunity to leave the country. And since their facility is a mental health institution, constant change in staff affects their patients...blah blah. He was overly friendly and I kon dey reason say hope no be trapped based on my interview experiences here.
It's still a big concern for me. In fact, they sent me their contract last night.
Non negotiable.
I will start working on probation for 6 months before becoming permanent staff. If I however, don't commit to my work, the probation period will be extended until I satisfy them.
I have to work with them for 3 years or pay £10k if I intend to leave before then
Pay is enticing
No public holiday
Monthly staff rewards
Osce, visa and flight will be paid for
Single room accommodation
Shift

Are you in Wales?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 7:31am On Nov 30, 2021
Richdee1:

Where do you search for jobs please?
What sites
Care home.uk

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 9:50am On Nov 30, 2021
No, I am not in wales. I am in England.
There’s too many red flags here. Knowing what I know about the UK now, I would absolutely not take the job if i were you. What is the definition of ‘if you don’t commit to your work’ ?
Does that mean if you don’t do overtime or extra shifts? Or does that mean if you refuse to come back in on your days off? My deduction from this is that it’s a small care home possibly without any other branches. You’ll be isolated, they can change the law as they please, if you fail to comply they can threaten to take away your sponsorship, they might even make things up and report you to NMC, or you might genuinely make a mistake and they take it up with NMC. It sounds like modern slavery to me. Are you a RMN?

quivah:

Yes, also a big concern for Me.
I spoke with the owner actually, and I asked why such amount. He said it was £3500 before but they had to increase it because their RNs were always leaving within months of starting because they get hospital jobs. He said most of them just used care home as an opportunity to leave the country. And since their facility is a mental health institution, constant change in staff affects their patients...blah blah. He was overly friendly and I kon dey reason say hope no be trapped based on my interview experiences here.
It's still a big concern for me. In fact, they sent me their contract last night.
Non negotiable.
I will start working on probation for 6 months before becoming permanent staff. If I however, don't commit to my work, the probation period will be extended until I satisfy them.
I have to work with them for 3 years or pay £10k if I intend to leave before then
Pay is enticing
No public holiday
Monthly staff rewards
Osce, visa and flight will be paid for
Single room accommodation
Shift

Are you in Wales?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2021
Hunnybee:
No, I am not in wales. I am in England.
There’s too many red flags here. Knowing what I know about the UK now, I would absolutely not take the job if i were you. What is the definition of ‘if you don’t commit to your work’ ?
Does that mean if you don’t do overtime or extra shifts? Or does that mean if you refuse to come back in on your days off? My deduction from this is that it’s a small care home possibly without any other branches. You’ll be isolated, they can change the law as they please, if you fail to comply they can threaten to take away your sponsorship, they might even make things up and report you to NMC, or you might genuinely make a mistake and they take it up with NMC. It sounds like modern slavery to me. Are you a RMN?

Can I send you an email?
It is a highly recommended care home on carehome UK.
The 6 probation period has to do with when I pass osce. Then a 3 month probation period after which permanent employment will be confirmed as long as they receive no complaints about my work.
I have another interview with the Manager today. And i will be sent my job description in a doc.
I'm a RN.

I will take your concerns up and ask better questions regarding the probation and why staff leave often.
I have researched about them and they have more than 95% +ratings

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Pagxy: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
quivah:

Can I send you an email?
The 6 probation period has to do with when I pass osce. Then a 3 month probation period after which permanent employment will be confirmed as long as they receive no complaints about my work.
I have another interview with the Manager today. And i will be sent my job description in a doc.
I'm a RN.

I will take your concerns up and ask better questions regarding the probation and why staff leave often.
staff are always leaving carehomes from my research, I also have an interview with a care home on 14 th December and when researching about care homes generally, I discovered that people are always complaining about working there. I feel its more of a starting point before one gets a job at the NHS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
Care home is where people go to make more money and escape the very fast pace of the NHS, so if a care home has a high turn over rate, it is a red flag. But ultimately it’s you who will work there, it’s up to you to decide.

Pagxy:
staff are always leaving carehomes from my research, I also have an interview with a care home on 14 th December and when researching about care homes generally, I discovered that people are always complaining about working there. I feel its more of a starting point before one gets a job at the NHS.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 1:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yeah, you can send an email

quivah:

Can I send you an email?
I'm a RN.

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Pagxy: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hunnybee:
Care home is where people go to make more money and escape the very fast pace of the NHS, so if a care home has a high turn over rate, it is a red flag. But ultimately it’s you who will work there, it’s up to you to decide.

OK thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by qizick: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
upkay:
Hello everyone. Please I need help for my license verification for IQAS evaluation. To travel to Abuja is not an option to be considered for now.

Any assistance rendered would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Send me a mail qizick@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by omoharry(f): 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hello guys, I want to study nursing in the UK but I am told I do not meet the entry requirements becos my last educational qualification was in 2008(12 yrs) while Thier limit is btw 5-10yrs for adult student .
I was asked to go for Access courses from one of the colleges in the UK, so as get the needed qualification to apply for Nursing degree.
Now my question is this :
-Can I get a visa by applying through a college education?
-The college education is usually two years , can I get a student visa as well as a post work visa, so that I can be able to save up for my nursing degree ?
I am a bit confuse about this college affair .
-Are there universities that offer foundation courses for nursing? I would prefer that as it will be easier to get into Thier undergraduate courses for nursing .
Does any one know of a cheaper college that offers foundation courses in nursing with flexible payment options ?
Thank you as I await a positive response from you .
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chidirobert(m): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
Please how long did it take you to get the job after passingCBT AND IELTS exams??. I got an offer in Swansea. Care home job.

I googled about the care home and the reviews were good but the important question is how is Swansea??. I seem to be reading lots of violence, drug, ruggedity about them online.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Richdee1(m): 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
quivah:

Care home.uk

You signed up and applied.
Sorry to ask do you have experience or is experience needed when you're being interviewed?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
Richdee1:

You signed up and applied.
Sorry to ask do you have experience or is experience needed when you're being interviewed?
I have experience.
I got 4 interviews.
2 paper interviews. The first was about myself, education, and career.
The 2nd was about my field,... a clinical interview.

Then I got 2 other Skype interviews. The first was about my work experience and things relating to my field and current place of work..covid19, how fast I can start blah blah
The 2nd was about their job description and then contract

It was tough I won't lie.
But my experience was asked but I don't think it's a big deal...because it was just a "by the way" question.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
chidirobert:
Please how long did it take you to get the job after passingCBT AND IELTS exams??. I got an offer in Swansea. Care home job.

It took me a while to pass IELTS. but I got a job within 4 days of passing cbt.
I haven't completed my nmc registration. At the last stage tho, just waiting for their response.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chidirobert(m): 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2021
quivah:

It took me a while to pass IELTS. but I got a job within 4 days of passing cbt.
I haven't completed my nmc registration. At the last stage tho, just waiting for their response.
3[color=#006600][/color]
Congratulations to you bro and thanks for answering my question,I wish you all the best as you move to UK for a better life and pray I will be joining you sooner.
You passed IELTS before writing CBT?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
chidirobert:
3[color=#006600][/color]
Congratulations to you bro and thanks for answering my question,I wish you all the best as you move to UK for a better life and pray I will be joining you sooner.
Yeah I passed IELTS first. But there is not order.
And thank you.
And Amen
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Naijasumii: 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
chidirobert:
3[color=#006600][/color]

There's no exact period or duration of getting a job even after having both exams in your hands. It's been more than two weeks now that I have been submitting applications but not positive response yet. Although it's because I'm not keen about care home jobs. I prefer NHS or private hospital jobs.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Richdee1(m): 11:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
quivah:

I have experience.
I got 4 interviews.
2 paper interviews. The first was about myself, education, and career.
The 2nd was about my field,... a clinical interview.

Then I got 2 other Skype interviews. The first was about my work experience and things relating to my field and current place of work..covid19, how fast I can start blah blah
The 2nd was about their job description and then contract

It was tough I won't lie.
But my experience was asked but I don't think it's a big deal...because it was just a "by the way" question.

Wow! Thanks for your time, I also want to ask, must it be nurses that can apply for this care jobs, I'm a Social Worker, can oneaone apply with that tag as long as he or she has experience??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Richdee1(m): 11:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Naijasumii:

There's no exact period or duration of getting a job even after having both exams in your hands. It's been more than two weeks now that I have been submitting applications but not positive response yet. Although it's because I'm not keen about care home jobs. I prefer NHS or private hospital jobs.

And also concerning this exams, no matter the position one is going for, the person must write this exams

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: odogwu4real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.