Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,740 members, 7,806,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (625747 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2018
MamaTheMama:

Hello, Barbie, compliment of the season.
Kudos to the wonderful work you are doing here.
Please how can I pay for the CBT. coz on the pearsonvue site, I have tried to make payment using all my cards, that is dollar and naira cards. None of them is going. My bank said it has to do with the website that probably their are other means of payment. Please how else has Naija people been paying?
@hunnybee is on point, if you are taking the exam in Lagos, you can use bellaz. Her contact is online. Give her a call, she ll make the payment on your behalf.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MamaTheMama: 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
barbiee:

@hunnybee is on point, if you are taking the exam in Lagos, you can use bellaz. Her contact is online. Give her a call, she ll make the payment on your behalf.

Yes, I intend to write the exam with them but I sent them a message and they said the fee is 80K, meanwhile Pearson wrote £130 which is equivalent to 65k. So I am wondering what the extra 15k is for, especially when it is the approved Centre itself. Is that suppose to be agency fee or what, cos I believe Pearson will be paying them money already. I have asked my cousin in the UK to pay it for me. I don’t like paying mumu money to anyone. I wonder why we like to make life difficult for ourselves in this country ☺️ It is well. I will revisit the matter after I pass my exam, for now, I need to study.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by CAlterations: 12:55am On Dec 27, 2018
@barbiee Help this young lady. She's about graduating from Unibadan nursing and wants to travel out asap... She'll be needing guidance, please don't hesitate to help her. DM if possible? Thanks ma'am.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
CAlterations:
@barbiee Help this young lady. She's about graduating from Unibadan nursing and wants to travel out asap... She'll be needing guidance, please don't hesitate to help her. DM if possible? Thanks ma'am.
which country are you considering?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
@mamathemama I wish you success in your exams and I hope you are studying the right materials. Meanwhile it's good that you have someone who can help you out with the payment, after all these is over, you can call Bellaz to ask why she is overcharging. I'm curious to know the reason behind the extra 15k. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MamaTheMama: 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
barbiee:
@mamathemama I wish you success in your exams and I hope you are studying the right materials. Meanwhile it's good that you have someone who can help you out with the payment, after all these is over, you can call Bellaz to ask why she is overcharging. I'm curious to know the reason behind the extra 15k. cheesy

Thank you so much� My cousin in the uk has helped me to pay and it was even 60k.
I’m actually using the materials you posted here. Reading the Royal Marsden manual from Pali to Pali � Although, someone here said reading that text book is a waste of time. Do you think so? I think I need it tho, coz I have graduated for almost 6yrs and all those book wise things not really there like that again� Pls can I private message you or can you give me your number via pm. Thank you for the support. God bless you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by confistified(m): 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
barbiee:
please I sent you a mail please kindly reply.... I'm a student nurse and need expert advice thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Lovely3: 10:55pm On Dec 27, 2018
barbiee:
the dates will be available after you get your ATT and log into your Pearson vue account.
....Hii barbiee, I sent u a mail, pls can u reply. Need to ask some questions.. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
MamaTheMama:

Thank you so much� My cousin in the uk has helped me to pay and it was even 60k.
I’m actually using the materials you posted here. Reading the Royal Marsden manual from Pali to Pali � Although, someone here said reading that text book is a waste of time. Do you think so? I think I need it tho, coz I have graduated for almost 6yrs and all those book wise things not really there like that again� Pls can I private message you or can you give me your number via pm. Thank you for the support. God bless you.
the easiest way to pass the cbt test is to study past questions and answers that are specifically for the test this is because most of the questions were repeated . Royal marsden textbook is better used to prepare for osce not cbt.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by anthney87: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
barbiee:
the easiest way to pass the cbt test is to study past questions and answers that are specifically for the test this is because most of the questions were repeated . Royal marsden textbook is better used to prepare for osce not cbt.
please do reply me on mail.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MamaTheMama: 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
barbiee:

Okay, I pray for God’s direction. Thank you. If you have materials on past questions, please kindly upload it here for me. Thank tou
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by confistified(m): 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
barbiee:
please am still waiting for your reply... Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IyaEjima(f): 9:08am On Dec 30, 2018
Jibby16:
Hellooooo
Is there anyone in the forum or do you know of anyone that has gone through NNAS evaluation and has completed and also graduated from OAU? ? Pls I would love to know the outcome of the evaluation.
Thank you
Hi, I’m a Nigerian/Canadian RN, I did go through NNAS (but I graduated from EBSU not OAU). Everyone I know with a Nigerian degree so far has gottten “not-comparable” as their outcome for RN evaluation. Regardless, the different provincial regulatory bodies decide if you’ll get licensed (or what the next step would be) based on your competence assessment / OSCE results.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by CAlterations: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
Thanks for replying. USA

barbiee:
which country are you considering?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 7:58am On Jan 02, 2019
CAlterations:
Thanks for replying. USA

if you read this thread from the beginning then you should be able to kick start your registration.
Starr by registering with cgfns for your Credentials evaluation
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yusslab: 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
IyaEjima:

Hi, I’m a Nigerian/Canadian RN, I did go through NNAS (but I graduated from EBSU not OAU). Everyone I know with a Nigerian degree so far has gottten “not-comparable” as their outcome for RN evaluation. Regardless, the different provincial regulatory bodies decide if you’ll get licensed (or what the next step would be) based on your competence assessment / OSCE results.

Thanks for this response. What I learnt is that you stand a better chance if you have a BNSc degree. But with what you are saying here, will you still advise using nnas?

And pls kindly share how you went about yours to become registered.

I'm about initiating a nnas application thru an agent and the charges is like hell. Im a RN with a BNSc and MSc. Kindly advise.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IyaEjima(f): 3:03am On Jan 04, 2019
yusslab:

Thanks for this response. What I learnt is that you stand a better chance if you have a BNSc degree. But with what you are saying here, will you still advise using nnas?

And pls kindly share how you went about yours to become registered.

I'm about initiating a nnas application thru an agent and the charges is like hell. Im a RN with a BNSc and MSc. Kindly advise.

Thanks in anticipation
NNAS is non-negotiable if you are an intl educated nurse looking to become a Canadian RN, it’s the only assessment body they have, if you wanna practice in any province apart from Quebec. In the past, they had other agencies but not anymore. NNAS app fees on its own is expensive, I think it cost almost $800+ (taxes inclusive) during my time and that was in 2015. However, It’s a simple process, and you do not need an agent- you fill out your employment and academic history, pay, and download forms for your employer(s) and academic institutions, have them fill and send back (with transcripts and course syllabus for academic institutions) and then you wait for your evaluation report.

I’m not sure I understand how a BNsc (which is what I have) gives you a better chance. I’d say they feel the Nigerian nursing program is lacking in certain areas in relation to the Canadian scope of practice and that’s why everyone has gotten a non-comparable report for RN but it is somewhat comparable for LPN. Some people apply for both RN and LPN evaluation, that way they get the LPN license and start working with it while pursuing the RN registration.

I did the NNAS for RN- applied to the regulatory body in the province I reside in, luckily Nigerian Nurses are exempted from English proficiency tests in my province so I got called for a competence assessment, my result showed I needed to take 3 courses (total duration- 4 months) to bridge the gaps identified, after which I was told I was eligible to take the NCLEX-RN, passed it on first attempt and got registered.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yusslab: 7:59am On Jan 04, 2019
IyaEjima:

NNAS is non-negotiable if you are an intl educated nursing looking to become a Canadian RN, it’s the only assessment body they have, if you wanna practice in any province apart from Quebec. In the past, they had other agencies but not anymore. NNAS app fees on its own is expensive, I think it cost almost $800+ (taxes inclusive) during my time and that was in 2015. However, It’s a simple process, and you do not need an agent- you fill out your employment and academic history, pay, and download forms for your employer(s) and academic institutions, have them fill and send back (with transcripts and course syllabus for academic institutions) and then you wait for your evaluation report.

I’m not sure I understand how a BNsc (which is what I have) gives you a better chance. I’d say they feel the Nigerian nursing program is lacking in certain areas in relation to the Canadian scope of practice and that’s why everyone has gotten a non-comparable report for RN but it is somewhat comparable for LPN. Some people apply for both RN and LPN evaluation, that way they get the LPN license and start working with it while pursuing the RN registration.

I did the NNAS for RN- applied to the regulatory body in the province I reside in, luckily Nigerian Nurses are exempted from English proficiency tests in my province so I got called for a competence assessment, my result showed I needed to take 3 courses (total duration- 4 months) to bridge the gaps identified, after which I was told I was eligible to take the NCLEX-RN, passed it on first attempt and got registered.
Thanks for your prompt and comprehensive response. Thumbs up. I sent u an email. Kindly check

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Genwan: 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2019
Leave a number. I will contact you. I don’t have access to my NL email so can’t respond to pm[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Breeze19: 6:30am On Jan 06, 2019
I'm happy to be here. You guys have been so amazing.
I will be right back.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Electroweb(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2019
IyaEjima:

NNAS is non-negotiable if you are an intl educated nurse looking to become a Canadian RN, it’s the only assessment body they have, if you wanna practice in any province apart from Quebec. In the past, they had other agencies but not anymore. NNAS app fees on its own is expensive, I think it cost almost $800+ (taxes inclusive) during my time and that was in 2015. However, It’s a simple process, and you do not need an agent- you fill out your employment and academic history, pay, and download forms for your employer(s) and academic institutions, have them fill and send back (with transcripts and course syllabus for academic institutions) and then you wait for your evaluation report.

Nice reponse. It shows practicality. You passing NCLEX also shows determination. Thumbs up to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Breeze19: 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2019
Please house, I need uworld materials for NCLEX -RN .
This is so important please. Additional useful materials could be added too. I have Saunders already. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Rejoize: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
Rubygrace:
Mine came out in 3months. My documents got to them August and my CES report was ready Nov 12th. i constantly sent them mails.

For Identogo, EMS Services are yet to deliver my finger print to them, i regret using their service, so i might not be in best place to advise you on that.

Thank you Rubygrace for your response. It was really helpful.I have been sending mails to CGFNS every week now. Hopefully my report will come out soon.
About finger print, I am still battling with it. Anyone in the house should please put me through. I'm getting tired and confuses. Please help
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Shollyolaj2: 6:31am On Jan 12, 2019
Dear Ajao Sandra, Good morning. If I decided to do CGFNS certification program and pass the exam will the occupation visa cover for me and my family?
Also, can agent sponsor me after passing certification program to US with my family before writing NCKEX?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Electroweb(m): 8:34am On Jan 12, 2019
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Electroweb(m): 8:35am On Jan 12, 2019
Questions for experts in the house. The answers can provide direction.
1. Which schools can a RN resident in Nigeria apply to and get admitted to study or upgrade to BScN in Canada? (2yr course)
2. Why is the success rate very very low for RN nurses going through the nursing recruitment agencies (Passportusa, OgradyP, Avant etc) to the US.
3. Is it only RN with working experience or currently working that the recruitment agencies (Passportusa, OgradyP, Avant etc) work with?
4. Can someone still request for transcript from University of Benin Teaching Hospital by proxy? I heard it is no longer possible.
5. Has anyone here gone through NNAS while in Nigeria and eventually migrated to Canada?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Heritagee: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
barbiee:
Past questions are good for CBT but you need to check up correct answers from Royal Marsden. With the right training, you are good to go for OSCE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MamaTheMama: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
Heritagee:

Past questions are good for CBT but you need to check up correct answers from Royal Marsden. With the right training, you are good to go for OSCE

Thank you @barbiee and Heritagee, by the grace of God I passed my CBT today. My heart rejoices and I am thankful to God and you Barbie, the materials you uploaded kick started my preparation. Prepared within 3wks, and made it. Thank you all.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by JustHere2Observ(f): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2019
So I got an RFE from my petitioner Shearwater health and I am devastated. Anyone with Shearwater health and facing same? They said they will refile in 30days. So � right now
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by cynthiaezebaby: 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2019
IyaEjima:

iyaejima thanks for your update ,please can YOU inlight me more how I can work in Canada I lndia bsc but
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by cynthiaezebaby: 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2019
IyaEjima:

iyaejima thanks for your update ,please can YOU inlight me more how I can work in Canada I lndia bsc but I'm in Nigeria whichprovice is that dont requires Nigeria ilets please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by anthney87: 12:10am On Jan 20, 2019
cynthiaezebaby:
iyaejima thanks for your update ,please can YOU inlight me more how I can work in Canada I lndia bsc but I'm in Nigeria whichprovice is that dont requires Nigeria ilets please
Hmn.

I weak.

all province in Canada requires IELTS.

I already see you are scared of IELTS like many of us. one because the fees is high and two because you might not get the required band needed. but if I may ask have you looked at other countries outside Canada and USA? have you looked at ireland, new Zealand( if going for midwifery don't need IELTS), Georgia, etc? UK is even easier too and you can be comfy here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (219) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.