Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (625817 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by duchessmojisola: 11:01am On Jan 30, 2019
Rubygrace:
Either way is fine, i did my after CES report.

thanks dear
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Breeze19: 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
DFmum:
What's the status of the visa given to Nigerian nurses that passed nclex and have travelled to work in U S? Are they given green card? Please I really want to ķnow. Thank you

A permanent resident visa will be given here and a green card given after few weeks in the US
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nnemomatina: 10:14am On Jan 31, 2019
melicent:
Greetings to everyone one here, pls I need either DHA/HAAD study materials, where can one get it in Nigeria, any similar materials will be much appreciated Thanks.

Please did you later get the materials
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by THUNDER4real(m): 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2019
Rubygrace:
Either way is fine, i did mine after CES report was issued but my friend did hers before it was issued.

Hi, my friend"s fingerprint card was rejected after sending to identogo for T.Bon. please how did you go about the finger printing.? thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by anthney87: 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
anyone here that did post basic nursing?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nursedee: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2019
Hello all...please any1 knows about working in Australia, and travelling with spouse...any1 knows the kind of visa to apply for and getting registered and endorsed as a nurse. I have gone through their site and am getting more confused about the whole thing...pls help a sister�
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Electroweb(m): 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2019
THUNDER4real:
Hi, my friend"s fingerprint card was rejected after sending to identogo for T.Bon. please how did you go about the finger printing.? thanks
I suggest your friend should send them a mail asking why it was rejected.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by duchessmojisola: 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hello,
Pls are we to do another verification with Texas BON seperately
I saw a form for License verification when trying to fill the form
Pls reply ASAP
Thanks ��
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ethereal(f): 6:10am On Feb 06, 2019
Nice thread here,I'm an Arts graduate wt a BA in International relations.I intend to travel to the UK in march but not on a student visa. Pls wat is the best route to follow that would guarantee a nursing certification..tnx
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MamaTheMama: 7:12am On Feb 06, 2019
ethereal:
Nice thread here,I'm an Arts graduate wt a BA in International relations.I intend to travel to the UK in march but not on a student visa. Pls wat is the best route to follow that would guarantee a nursing certification..tnx

As how, I don’t understand? If you need a nursing certification, go and enroll in a nursing school, or a nursing degree at a university or some college. Nursing certification is not picked on the ground, neither is it bestowed upon you, you have to get the proper formal education to get one.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 10:01am On Feb 06, 2019
My wife just passed her council exam and now a registered midwife. Which route would she follow to be gainfully employed as a midwife in US or Canada

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Rubygrace: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2019
Nope. As long as you have your CGFNS Report issued already.

duchessmojisola:
Hello,
Pls are we to do another verification with Texas BON seperately
I saw a form for License verification when trying to fill the form
Pls reply ASAP
Thanks ��
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by duchessmojisola: 10:50am On Feb 06, 2019
Rubygrace:
Nope. As long as you have your CGFNS Report issued already.

Thanks dear for the prompt response ��
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
MamaTheMama:

As how, I don’t understand? If you need a nursing certification, go and enroll in a nursing school, or a nursing degree at a university or some college. Nursing certification is not picked on the ground, neither is it bestowed upon you, you have to get the proper formal education to get one.
The latter part not neccesary. Who doesn't know that?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Laurendee: 8:53am On Feb 10, 2019
IyaEjima:

Hi, I’m a Nigerian/Canadian RN, I did go through NNAS (but I graduated from EBSU not OAU). Everyone I know with a Nigerian degree so far has gottten “not-comparable” as their outcome for RN evaluation. Regardless, the different provincial regulatory bodies decide if you’ll get licensed (or what the next step would be) based on your competence assessment / OSCE results.

Please I’m a little confused on what provinces to pick for my NNAS evaluation. Can someone advice what provinces have good opportunities for international nurses and one I don’t have to take the ielts for evaluation too. I don’t mind taking the ielts if I have to though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by JoannaSedley(f): 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2019
osato45:
My wife just passed her council exam and now a registered midwife. Which route would she follow to be gainfully employed as a midwife in US or Canada
Midwifery in USA is a graduate entry job while in Canada she needs to register with their midwifery board which is like a camel passing through the eye of a needle. If you can sponsor her to do an abridgement program in any Canadian university it will be worth it but darn expensive.
Another option is the New Zealand board of midwives... You gotta brace up as studying midwifery before RN is a pain in the ass If you wish to travel out.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2019
JoannaSedley:
Midwifery in USA is a graduate entry job while in Canada she needs to register with their midwifery board which is like a camel passing through the eye of a needle. If you can sponsor her to do an abridgement program in any Canadian university it will be worth it but darn expensive.
Another option is the New Zealand board of midwives... You gotta brace up as studying midwifery before RN is a pain in the ass If you wish to travel out.
Thank you for your candid advice, we would start looking out for admission into school of nursing in nigeria then because I do not have such resources.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BarristerAlarig: 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2019
osato45:

Thank you for your candid advice, we would start looking out for admission into school of nursing in nigeria then because I do not have such resources.

Or she can try the New Zealand route. I hear it's easier to get licensed there as a midwife than as a nurse.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

Or she can try the New Zealand route. I hear it's easier to get licensed there as a midwife than as a nurse.
on this thread someone posted a guideline to being registered as a midwife in New Zealand. Which is very helpful but they need you to have had atleast 3years experience as a midwife, taken atleast 30 deliveries, assisted for 20 and observed for another 50.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BarristerAlarig: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
osato45:
on this thread someone posted a guideline to being registered as a midwife in New Zealand. Which is very helpful but they need you to have had atleast 3years experience as a midwife, taken atleast 30 deliveries, assisted for 20 and observed for another 50.

Oh.. I didn't know any of the requirements. I assumed being a qualified midwife is all that she needs.

Maybe she should consider a top up degree in midwifery from the UK?? She can then apply for express entry to Canada. Canada does not license RM only. One needs a degree. A top up degree from the UK typically last one year . This option is easier and cheaper to get into than any bridging program in Canada.

But if you want the cheapest option, try Hungary. If she schools there, she can stay back and work after graduation.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by samnijazz: 10:15am On Feb 11, 2019
Try choose between Ontario and Nova Scotia. Pls avoid Manitoba
Laurendee:

Please I’m a little confused on what provinces to pick for my NNAS evaluation. Can someone advice what provinces have good opportunities for international nurses and one I don’t have to take the ielts for evaluation too. I don’t mind taking the ielts if I have to though.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mysugar1: 10:47am On Feb 11, 2019
Goodmorning all,

Please what is the band for ielts for nurses wishing to apply for nclex to practice in USA. Please some one should reply me
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2019
samnijazz:

Please what happened to manitoba? My sister is in manitoba , so that I can advice her too. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Laurendee: 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2019
samnijazz:

Oh thank you, funny enough I had my mind on Manitoba strongly. Can you tell me what’s wrong with Manitoba please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by samnijazz: 7:34pm On Feb 11, 2019
Manitiba currently has internal health sector issues and they are also laying off most nursing positions.
They recently closed and merged some hospitals and layed off so many people. The board of Nursing in Manitoba is also using style to delay nurses Applications, thereby waiting forever to receive their evaluation and licenses.
Laurendee:

Oh thank you, funny enough I had my mind on Manitoba strongly. Can you tell me what’s wrong with Manitoba please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by samnijazz: 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2019
Is your sister a nurse in Manitoba?
DFmum:

Please what happened to manitoba? My sister is in manitoba , so that I can advice her too. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
samnijazz:
Is your sister a nurse in Manitoba?

She want to start her evaluation there now, she didn't get her PR as a nurse . She used her other university degrees for that but now decided to make use of her RN.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 4:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
samnijazz:
Manitiba currently has internal health sector issues and they are also laying off most nursing positions.
They recently closed and merged some hospitals and layed off so many people. The board of Nursing in Manitoba is also using style to delay nurses Applications, thereby waiting forever to receive their evaluation and licenses.

Thanks for the info
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by duchessmojisola: 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2019
Good evening everyone

Please can anyone applying to TEXAS BON put me through the step by step process for IDENTIGO thumb printing
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sollej: 7:00am On Feb 18, 2019
Good day everyone. Please is their any States in the US where English language is not part of the requirements for eligibility to write Nclex? Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Rubygrace: 11:02am On Feb 20, 2019
TEXAS, MARYLAND. Check on CGFNS website, you can select your country of choice and it will pop out their requirement.

sollej:
Good day everyone. Please is their any States in the US where English language is not part of the requirements for eligibility to write Nclex? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (219) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.