Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,933 members, 7,799,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (624272 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ecstacy29: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
shndy:

Thanks for your prompt response! BTW what's DL? How long can one work as a pre-registered nurse? The osce can be taken anytime? No time frame? It's kinda expensive

It's Decision Letter, the NMC UK gives you this as an authorisation to take the OSCE after meeting their requirements

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by shndy: 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by shndy: 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2019
ecstacy29:

It's Decision Letter, the NMC UK gives you this as an authorisation to take the OSCE after meeting their requirements
OK thank you so much
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
shndy:

Oh great. Within 6 months sounds good really. Thanks for the information. After passing the cbt, how do I get an employer? Sorry for too many questions!
Send me a pm for the materials. I would send it to you.

After passing both CBT and ielts you can then contact prospective employers directly or through agents. There are some good options shared on this thread. Interview is sometimes done through Skype.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by FameG(f): 11:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
Am i the only one having issues with license verification? Please whose verification process has gone through in the past 2 months? I want to be sure that i am not the only one in this. NMCN nawa o
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by shndy: 2:23am On Jul 17, 2019
vickyehi:

Send me a pm for the materials. I would send it to you.

After passing both CBT and ielts you can then contact prospective employers directly or through agents. There are some good options shared on this thread. Interview is sometimes done through Skype.
OK, I've sent you a message, thanks for the help
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by FameG(f): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hi all. Please the recruitment agency i contacted is trying to offer me options in care homes, claiming NHS isn't giving them slots for now. Do you think i should try another agency or i should go along with the care home offer?

IYIMAN, Inkredible, barbiee, exactly and every other person with experience.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ecstacy29: 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
FameG:
Hi all. Please the recruitment agency i contacted is trying to offer me options in care homes, claiming NHS isn't giving them slots for now. Do you think i should try another agency or i should go along with the care home offer?

IYIMAN, Incredible, barbie, exactly and every other person with experience.

Care Home/Hospital choice is entirely up to yourself. It depends on what you want. Some people will say there are coming to the UK for experience hence they go to hospitals while others will say the are after the money, then opt for care homes.
Generally speaking, working conditions in hospitals are more favorable.
So, I am putting it to you- what's your choice?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by FameG(f): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
ecstacy29:

Care Home/Hospital choice is entirely up to yourself. It depends on what you want. Some people will say there are coming to the UK for experience hence they go to hospitals while others will say the are after the money, then opt for care homes.
Generally speaking, working conditions in hospitals are more favorable.
So, I am putting it to you- what's your choice?

Thanks for this. I actually requested for NHS jobs but they seem not to have that available now. So do u think i should try another recruitment agency?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hyfer(m): 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hello house, I used my neco result to gain admission in a university in Nigeria. But I want to travel outside to work as a nurse.

Is the neco result going to be a problem for me?

If yes, is there anyway I can work it out?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hyfer:
Hello house, I used my neco result to gain admission in a university in Nigeria. But I want to travel outside to work as a nurse.

Is the neco result going to be a problem for me?

If yes, is there anyway I can work it out?
NECO is as accepted as WEAC and GCE. So you have no problem whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
FameG:

Thanks for this. I actually requested for NHS jobs but they seem not to have that available now. So do u think i should try another recruitment agency?

Ask them for more information like;
1....how long is the term you are spending at the nursing home.
2....can you switch to NHS in the even that it becomes available during your time in the nursing home?
3....what's the pay like for both places?
Again all these doesnt stop you from reaching out to other agencies or applying to hospitals directly.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by luvissweet2f(f): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2019
FameG:
Am i the only one having issues with license verification? Please whose verification process has gone through in the past 2 months? I want to be sure that i am not the only one in this. NMCN nawa o

Same here oo. Since 30 April 2019.
But I'm doing a change of name. Maybe that's what's causing the delay for mine.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by luvissweet2f(f): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2019
vickyehi:

Good day vickyehi,
Pls can you give me the contact of the person you know at NMCN for my license verification.
Send to mloveline86@gmail.com.
Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hyfer(m): 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
vickyehi:

But someone told me they consider NECO only in Nigeria. But if it's international, they ask for WAEC.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hyfer:

But someone told me they consider NECO only in Nigeria. But if it's international, they ask for WAEC.

That's not true because it's my NECO I have been using and still using.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
luvissweet2f:

Good day vickyehi,
Pls can you give me the contact of the person you know at NMCN for my license verification.
Send to mloveline86@gmail.com.
Thank you.
Sent.....I hope he is able to be of assistance.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
FameG:

You arent the only one in that boat. I was told by my contact that one of the signatories relevant to the process is not on sit and as such it has slowed down the postage of these documents.
He doesn't also have a timeline on her return.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hyfer(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
vickyehi:

That's not true because it's my NECO I have been using and still using.
Where do you base? Hope you don't mind me asking?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hyfer:
Where do you base? Hope you don't mind me asking?
Canada.

In immigration matters, I find that people often have a lot of misconceptions that they pass around. That's why we must learn to do our personal research and thanks to uncle google, that work has been made incredibly easy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by luvissweet2f(f): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
vickyehi:

Sent.....I hope he is able to be of assistance.
May God bless you real good.
I appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Rynne: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2019
vickyehi:

I have a contact at council who handles all my verification needs. I pay him and send him the documents he asks for and he does it.
Good morning Sis,I want to start my credentials verification and I intend to use iqas but I don't know how to go about it,pls is there anyway you can assist with information that would help me be fast with the process?
I saw how you have been able to assist others with relevant information that is why I decided to seek your advise
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hyfer(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
vickyehi:

Canada.

In immigration matters, I find that people often have a lot of misconceptions that they pass around. That's why we must learn to do our personal research and thanks to uncle google, that work has been made incredibly easy.
Okay.
And thanks for all your response.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2019
Rynne:

Good morning Sis,I want to start my credentials verification and I intend to use iqas but I don't know how to go about it,pls is there anyway you can assist with information that would help me be fast with the process?
I saw how you have been able to assist others with relevant information that is why I decided to seek your advise

Then print out the neccessary forms fill it and DHL them back to IQAS. IQAS has a checklist and information on how to go about the process on their website. Please look it up and aquint yourself with the process.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by phyqtour: 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
vickyehi:

Then print out the neccessary forms fill it and DHL them back to IQAS. IQAS has a checklist and information on how to go about the process on their website. Please look it up and aquint yourself with the process.
Pls, which country is easier to process, migrate to and work in as a nurse between UK and Canada? How long will it take to process both?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 1:16am On Jul 21, 2019
phyqtour:
Pls, which country is easier to process, migrate to and work in as a nurse between UK and Canada? How long will it take to process both?

Easiest is uk and it would take less than 6mths if you pass all exams at ist attempt and NMCN behave themselves.

Canada would take you about 6mths to 8mth to migrate (through Express entry IF ONLY YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS). Then practicing as a nurse would take you from as little as 1yr to as much as 4yrs depends on your case.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by phyqtour: 10:24am On Jul 21, 2019
vickyehi:

Easiest is uk and it would take less than 6mths if you pass all exams at ist attempt and NMCN behave themselves.

Canada would take you about 6mths to 8mth to migrate (through Express entry IF ONLY YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS). Then practicing as a nurse would take you from as little as 1yr to as much as 4yrs depends on your case.
thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Cyrilade01: 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hello vickyehi
Pls can u give me the contact at nursing council. My mail is esteempearl@yahoo.com
My contact 08163453128
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Cyrilade01: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hi vickyehi
My other mail is adeseekeseun@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by hammed71(m): 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2019
guys please don't be annoyed ooo, concerning the NPC birth certificate, I learnt my two parents name will be on the certificate, my issue is that my mother and father are married but not living together and no form of court marriage and my mother still uses her father surname.will be wise to use my father's surname for my on the certificate or just use her father's surname as her surname and also will the two(mother and father)different surnames cause problem for me during immigration? thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by aircafe: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, SAT, PTE, CGFNS & NCLEX Training Center offering specialized On-the-class training and Online Classes in Owerri. connect with us anywhere in Nigeria for our Online Classes with Materials and CD.

Make it once. Register with GCLVTI (Global Center for Language, Vocational & Technology Incubation) A Global brand supported by UNESCO (United Nation Educational, Scientific & Cultural Organisation)
Call Center Administrator on 08134485202, 08093046217 Email us on gclvti@nnext.com.ng
Location: 7 Bank Road, Last Floor, BOA House, Opposite First Bank, Owerri.

To Obtain and Fill up the Form Online, Click on the link below or copy and paste. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdr9Nr2uwtkZwWcKy5YnlI_f1ksFvNOD7KV4y20AylWWQayBQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

-------------------------------------------------------------

IELTS Reading Tips: How can I improve my score

Develop skills of each type of question in reading. There are around 14 different types of questions and you need to find a strategy to tackle each one. ...
Skimming and Scanning. ...
Develop your speed reading skills. ...
Don't try to understand the full passage. ...
Developing vocabulary. ...
Key words. ...
Grammar. ...
Practice makes perfect.

6 ways to improve your writing skills for IELTS
Understand the prompt. Whether you're writing for the Academic or General Test, or you're on Task 1 or Task 2, make sure you understand exactly what the prompt is asking you to do. ...
Always make an outline. ...
Put your best foot forward. ...
Keep it simple (your idea, that is) ...
Focus on language, not length. ...
Proofread!

PTE - Pearson Test Of English Tips

Writing Tips
Quick Tips to Improve Score in Essay Writing
Be attentive of the instructions i.e. the word limit (200-300 words)
Read the topic and know the type of essay.
Ensure that you write in academic English language.
Do not use bullet points.
Write in clear and concise paragraphs.
Avoid the jargons at all cost.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (219) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.