Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,564 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage (11193 Views)

Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / “ GEJ To Bankrupt Nigeria” Sermon: Police Looking For Pastor Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by debosky(m): 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2009
bawomolo:

yeah creflo dollar is a philanthropist. please.

Creflo dollar till this day refuses to release his churches financial records.
So what? If he is going against the law, prosecute him. Like I said, talk is cheap - if the accusers have evidence, let them show us. He is a philanthropist whether you like it or not.

that isn't the pertinent question.  Holyfield believes God would provide because he pays his tithes but has is tithing payed for.  Why is creflo dollar hoarding tithes meant for the church body?
Again, talk is cheap - where is the evidence of 'hoarding' of anything?   Do you read of these things somewhere or are you pulling them out of your butt? 

well it would.  that  7 mulla back and holyfield is out of debt and can pay his child support payments.

This is a ridiculous argument - thinking back, if the 7 'mulla' was tithes, then he had $63m he didn't use properly. Like TKB aptly said, if he wasted $63m, there is every reason to expect he would have wasted an extra $7m as well.

Honestly I wonder if you actually think through some of the things you post here.

paying tithes over the well being of you children and your finances?
How is it OVER the well being of his children and finances? Again I ask you - is the 10% he is paying the cause of financial ruin?   Is the 10% being spent to the neglect of the children?  

Come up with a competent argument and let's thrash it out - right now you are grasping at straws with these recto-cranial suggestions.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by tkb417(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2009
are you dumb?
is this a thread about creflo dollar or about someone going broke cos he paid his tithe?

to answer ur question, i saw the whole shebang on Larry king so what are you on about?

attention LovePeddler?
is that the new buzzword on NL?

what do you have in ur skull?
lol
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by tkb417(m): 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2009
Honestly I wonder if you actually think through some of the things you post here.

no he doesnt. im ashamed for u gaynners grin

@OP
think b4 u post.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2009
So what? If he is going against the law, prosecute him.

since when is collection money against the law?

Again, talk is cheap - where is the evidence of 'hoarding' of anything?

there's none, creflo won't release his records to this day.

Like TKB aptly said, if he wasted $63m, there is every reason to expect he would have wasted an extra $7m as well.

why is he still paying his tithes if he is back on child support payments and his mortgage. What's he trying to gain.

You didn't have to start throwing insults but i didn't expect any better from you.

Again I ask you - is the 10% he is paying the cause of financial ruin?

where did i say 10% is the cause of his financial ruin? please point where i said that out.

right now you are grasping at straws with these recto-cranial suggestions.

insults again, do you know any better?
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by bawomolo(m): 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2009
tkb417:

are you dumb?
is this a thread about creflo dollar or about someone going broke cos he paid his tithe?

no it's about holyfield prioritizing tithes ova child support and his financial well being.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by debosky(m): 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2009
bawomolo:

since when is collection money against the law?
So what is his offense then?

there's none, creflo won't release his records to this day.
Don't be daft - if they really want to find out, can't they subpoena the records? Lack of evidence and mere beer parlour speculations!

why is he still paying his tithes if he is back on child support payments and his mortgage. What's he trying to gain.
Of what business of yours is it? Who are YOU to judge his expenditure? Why are we only hearing comments about 10%? What about the 90%?

You didn't have to start throwing insults but i didn't expect any better from you.
Your persistence in an illogical line of reasoning leaves me no choice but to point it out to you - I have not used a single insult, I merely asked a question. Quit being a soppy sentimentalist. grin

where did i say 10% is the cause of his financial ruin? please point where i said that out.
That is what you are implying here - the title says he FORGOT about Mortgages but paid tithes, clearly making a linkage between ruin and tithe paying. Stop trying to be clever by half, it's not really appealing.

insults again, do you know any better?
The ideas you are proposing are not reasonable, they are inverted and hold no logic whatsoever. That is the truth and not an insult.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by tkb417(m): 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2009
no it's about holyfield prioritizing tithes ova child support and his financial well being.
oh i see. but how did he spend the 90%?
do you know?
cos im thinking that shld be enuff for his wellbeing and others
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by bawomolo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2009
debosky:

So what is his offense then?  

nothing. did i say he committed an offense. this is a case of putting words in my mouth.

Don't be daft - if they really want to find out, can't they subpoena the records? Lack of evidence and mere beer parlour speculations!

they could, there is an investigation in the house about this.  It seems the IRS is the only one that can subpoena his records though.

Of what business of yours is it?   Who are YOU to judge his expenditure?

it's a forum where people lives are discussed? you could just ignore the thread if you didn't want to talk about it
Why are we only hearing comments about 10%? What about the 90%?

he spent it on houses, women and divorce settlements. that was address in the links i posted if you chose to read them.

Your persistence in an illogical line of reasoning leaves me no choice but to point it out to you - I have not used a single insult, I merely asked a question. Quit being a soppy sentimentalist.  grin

don't backtrack dude. saying i don't think when i post is insult and degrading.  You could just say you disagree with my beliefs rather than trying to act all intellectual superior.  

That is what you are implying here - the title says he FORGOT about Mortgages but paid tithes, clearly making a linkage between ruin and tithe paying. Stop trying to be clever by half, it's not really appealing.

that's what i'm implying, all you could have done was ask what i thought rather than going on a defensive tangent.  Holyfield clearly said in the televised interview (wish i could find a link) that he prioritized tithing ova his mortgage bills with the belief it all would be taken care off.  Creflo dollar's doctrine is one in which tithes lead to more financial prosperity for the giver.

The ideas you are proposing are not reasonable, they are inverted and hold no logic whatsoever. That is the truth and not an insult.

the truth is subjective.  It's more of your opinion than the truth but hey anything debosky says his right.  

I won't stoop that low to attack someone that way but hey the honorable debosky is fine with it.

oh i see. but how did he spend the 90%?
do you know?
cos im thinking that shld be enuff for his wellbeing and others

gambling, women and a host of other things.

All this under the nose of his pastor who didn't put his dumb ass in check.

holyfield now holds exhibition matches for money
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by tkb417(m): 6:48pm On Jun 22, 2009

hmmm
the tithe wont work in this case and i believe you that the Pastor should have done somethn to draw him back

too bad tho
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by ogajim(m): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2009
I won't touch the Dollar dude at all but from this link, he might get the Mike Vick treatment soon:

http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/32112-busted_pastor_creflo_dollar_being_investigated__may_soon_be_arrested__for_cruelty_to_animals.html
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by debosky(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2009
bawomolo:

nothing. did i say he committed an offense. this is a case of putting words in my mouth.

Oh really? cheesy

what does
Why is creflo dollar hoarding tithes meant for the church body?
imply?

they could, there is an investigation in the house about this.  It seems the IRS is the only one that can subpoena his records though.
Ok. Again I ask, what is the import of you saying he has not revealed his records? Are you not trying to IMPLY guilt? What is the relevance of his records to this matter if Holyfield is what you are discussing?

it's a forum where people lives are discussed? you could just ignore the thread if you didn't want to talk about it
Who said you should stop discussing? I simply asked you a question - what is your justification for this line of discourse?

he spent it on houses, women and divorce settlements. that was address in the links i posted if you chose to read them.
Well said - now going back to the topic at hand - is there ANY proof that if he didn't pay tithes he would be better off?

don't backtrack dude. saying i don't think when i post is insult and degrading.  You could just say you disagree with my beliefs rather than trying to act all intellectual superior.  
It's not a matter of acting - If your argument is flawed and illogical, I have every right to point it out.

that's what i'm implying, all you could have done was ask what i thought rather than going on a defensive tangent.  Holyfield clearly said in the televised interview (wish i could find a link) that he prioritized tithing ova his mortgage bills with the belief it all would be taken care off.  Creflo dollar's doctrine is one in which tithes lead to more financial prosperity for the giver.
This is about linking his bankruptcy with tithe paying and I object vehemently to that. You have no proof to make this implied statement, neither do you have anything to back it up, except for a likely twisted soundbite.

Prioritizing doesn't mean a thing without context - I might prioritize buying a $5 Big Mac over paying my rent of $600 because I am hungry at that moment. It is thoroughly illogical (as you have been suggesting) that simply by prioritising one thing over another, the item with priority is the causative agent for bankruptcy, without any regard to the relative amounts involved.

the truth is subjective.  It's more of your opinion than the truth but hey anything debosky says his right.  
I am not even debating 'truth' here - it is simply logic. You are implying paying tithes made him bankrupt, that is ILLOGICAL. If you misspend 90%, chances are you will be bankrupt, far beyond what the effect of 10% will do.

I won't stoop that low to attack someone that way but hey the honorable debosky is fine with it.
Dude stop whining - if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I have attacked the illogical line of reasoning you have put forward here, without attacking your person.

So his pastor is now is account manager? How do you even know the pastor didn't 'put his ass in check'? Again, are you dreaming up these comments?
Does the pastor now have the right to tell you how to spend your 90%? Is th pastor's desire enforceable on people? What evidence do you have that Creflo Dollar even had the faintest idea of Holyfield's profligacy? Did he render daily/monthly accounts of how he had spent his cash to his Pastor?

Again I ask - are you dreaming up these ideas or are they based on any FACT? undecided

So WHAT? What relevance does this have on Dollar? You have NO EVIDENCE to prove anything, apart from wild linkages between unrelated events.

Holyfield is broke because he mismanaged his expenses, full stop. If he mismanaged 90% you damn skippy he'd mismanage the 10% as well even if it never went into tithe payment.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by tkb417(m): 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2009
I am not even debating 'truth' here - it is simply logic. You are implying paying tithes made him bankrupt, that is ILLOGICAL. [b]If you misspend 90%, chances are you will be bankrupt, far beyond what the effect of 10% will d[/b]o

thats just the truth!
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by ogajim(m): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2009
tkb, where is the 90% going to come from? Ever heard of TAXES which is north of 30% in his bracket?
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by tkb417(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2009
tkb, where is the 90% going to come from? Ever heard of TAXES which is north of 30% in his bracket?
grin grin grin are u implying he got broke for paying his taxes?

which of them?
10%, 30% or both?
lol

im sure hes not the only one paying tithe and taxes in America
The man is broke cos of his wayward/extravagant lifestyle!!!
simple
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by Tonyet1(m): 9:33am On Jun 23, 2009
tkb417:

which of them?
10%, 30% or both?
lol

simple

very possible
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by KunleOshob(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2009
tkb417:

which of them?
10%, 30% or both?
lol

simple

But i thought paying tithe was supposed to guarantee that things would never be tight for you. The point being this is evidence that there is no blessings attached to tithing like these pulpit pimps delude people to believe, they are actually making God a liar in their greed.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by tkb417(m): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2009
But i thought paying tithe was supposed to guaranteeg that things would never be tight for you. The point being there is no blessings attached to tithing like these pulpit pimps delude people to believe, they are actually making God a liar in their greed.
are you saying if you pray to God for long life and you know he answers prayers u'll go to the top of Kilimanjaro and jump headdown?

no, you will die

paying tithe and spending money on harlots shld be mutually exclusive.
it cannot work. u cant ignite fire inside water

eewo orisa grin grin
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by KunleOshob(m): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2009
tkb417:

are you saying if you pray to God for long life and you know he answers prayers u'll go to the top of Kilimanjaro and jump headdown?

no, you will die

paying tithe and spending money on harlots shld be mutually exclusive.
it cannot work. u cant ignite fire inside water

eewo orisa grin grin

Paying tithes does NOT work under any circumstances even if you are the holiest man on planet earth cause God does not have a tithe covenant with us and God did not ask us to tithe contrary to what those using his name to extort money from you preach to you. The annoying thing is that as in all cases when tithing fails[as it always does] pastors would come up with excuses that may be becos you are still sinning or maybe you are not tithing faithfully enough or maybe you are not tithing from gifts and extra income you make apart from your salary, sometimes i wonder if we actually read the same bible cause all these jargon are clearly unscriptural. Even the malachi 3:10 they quote from and twist to support tithing does not give all those clauses or conditions under which tithing would work.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by JJYOU: 12:00pm On Jun 23, 2009
KunleOshob:

Paying tithes does NOT work under any circumstances even if you are the holiest man on planet earth cause God does not have a tithe covenant with us and God did not ask us to tithe contrary to what those using his name to extort money from you preach to you. The annoying thing is that as in all cases when tithing fails[as it always does] pastors would come up with excuses that may be becos you are still sinning or maybe you are not tithing faithfully enough or maybe you are not tithing from gifts and extra income you make apart from your salary, sometimes i wonder if we actually read the same bible cause all these jargon are clearly unscriptural. Even the malachi 3:10 they quote from and twist to support tithing does not give all those clauses or conditions under which tithing would work.
yea yea. right. like yours have the hating and bad belle covenant with you. go take your tablets idiot.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by KunleOshob(m): 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2009
tonye-t:

@Kunle Oshod

brother you have not answered my questions

Your questions are not valid as tithing in itself is a misnomer in the first place. Comparing it to taxes suggests that it is legal or instituited by God which it is not. Tithing was introduced to christianity after the council of macon in the year 586 AD by catholic bishops[mere men] through twisting of scripture to suit their lust for material wealth. And that is why you would never find any record of tithing amonsgt the apostles or the early christians. TITHING HAS NO BASIS IN CHRISTIANITY  so stop asking questions that suggests it does.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by Tonyet1(m): 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2009
first of all i quote this "when a man puts on red glasses, all he will see is red"

KunleOshob:

Your questions are not valid as tithing in itself is a misnomer in the first place. Comparing it to taxes suggests that it is legal or instituited by God which it is not. Tithing was introduced to christianity after the council of macon in the year 586 AD by catholic bishops[mere men] through twisting of scripture to suit their lust for material wealth. And that is why you would never find any record of tithing amonsgt the apostles or the early christians. TITHING HAS NO BASIS IN CHRISTIANITY so stop asking questions that suggests it does.

My dear brother, did i hear you say tithing has no basis in christianity? i know if i start asking you questions you may dodge them again, so i'll make my statements objective

no.1:

I am sure you know that the old testament and its doings were all a shadow of the things to come in the new testament (col.2:17), which meant that all the order of the old testamenters were to give a guideline to the new testamenters. am i right? if yes, good

then what are these orders of the old testament?

- A GOD

- A NATION also referred to as "a People"

- The TRIBES of this nation

- The NAMES, and ADMINISTRATIVE pattern of these tribes (also called their responsibilities)

- Their modes of RELATIONSHIP with God (tribal relationship)

- A LAW guiding these tribes

Now carefully looking at this pattern, you and I know how God shared this responsibilities with the individual tribes, to cut it short

LEVI: was the tribe called to the ecclesiastical order, while the other tribes had their too

now if we study the order of the levites, you and I will agree that they never had a place in the land apportioned to the Insraelites in Canaan, so God instructed that the inheritance of the land should still meet them, hence the name TITHE.

THE ORIGIN OF TITHE:

- it was a custom of the old to offer a 10th part of the produscts of the land and of the spoils to KINGS AND PRIESTS 9even heathens practised it), recall that Abraham tithed evcen b4 it was instituted in the scrolls of the old testamenters (israelites)

WHY WAS TITHEING INSTITUTED FOR THE ISRAELITES?

- Titheing was practised by the egyptians and israelites too,while israel was still with them, now it was time for God to command his soverignity to the israelites, he commanded them to tithe but this time to him

- A means of worship (Levt.27:30)

- to help the levites (num.18:26)

- to help the widows and orphans and to be used for the running of the tabernacle (at least u know all this)

TITHEING ALL THRU' THE OLD TESTAMENT

- Abraham offered tithes b4 titheing was instituted by God to the israelites

- the israelites offered tithe

- after they returned from captivity, Ezra and Nehemiah commanded titheing to continue

- In Malachi, God talked of titheing as not like a commandment, but as part of the standards for relationship (go back and read it well)

TITHEING IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

- In the new testament, Christianity was born and we we referred to as the "new israel"(eph.2:12),

- this new membership required that we were to follow the order of this people we now belong to, but do ours in Christ Jesus

- if we were to follow this order but in Christ, then who are the Levites? the clergies i guess, while christ is the high priest i suppose

- Now how was the welfare of these levites planned for in the OT? titheings and offerings i think isnt it? good, so i put it categorically to you that

TITHEING WAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE A MISNOMER, IT EXISTED B4 IT WAS INSTITUTED, AND AFTER THE FALL OF THE ORIGINAL ISRAEL, IT STILL CONTINUED,

Christ's opinion of Titheing

- Christ never criticised titheing, but he criticised those who practised it, its the same way he criticised them for wrongly fasting, but He never condemned fasting

- because Christ never discussed an issue deeply aint a reason that it was wrong, recall that there was never a place in the gospels where christ admonished us to read the bible, but we read bible dont we?, there was never a place in the gospels where christ admonished us to pick a certain day for general congregational worship, but we did, didnt we? - KunleoShob do you still remember that the ALL SCRIPTURES WERE GIVING FOR DOCTRINAL PURPOSES TOO?

Paul's opinion

- Mr. Paul chose not to ask them with the reasons he explained in the book of 2corinthians, read it very well you'lll understand better

n/b: do you know that there were some other acts of giving paul practised that churches dont do? nw those that mean we are wronging in our service to God in Christ?

Bro i still say that tiheing aint for everyone, its a spiritual thing understood by the spiritual people only! and lest i forget pls try and answer my question i asked you because TITHEING IS A LEVY JUST LIKE TAX IS, but the destination is different, the origin of TAXATION traced back from TITHEING
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by ogajim(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2009
God created man for fellowship not tithes!
Holyfield has issues and maybe due to the fact that he took way too many punches to the head, A christian ought not to have made that many babies with different women in the first place, this is not the OT.
That someone would actually advise/suggest that he pays "tithes" instead of taking care of his brood is plain STUPID, you are supposed to take care of your kids or not have any at all. How many of those kids did his "pastor" take in because Holyfield's behind is broke now?

ogajim:

Dude, I was only trying to show you that no one in these parts get to keep 90% after they pay their 10%, Maybe when they get serious about taxes in Nigeria, you will understand.

|| Debosky||

I need the Bible verse where Jacob made good on his tithe promise to God/Yahwe

God bless you all.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by ogajim(m): 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2009
Abram paid a one time tithe from the SPOILS OF WAR
Abraham was never recorded to have paid any tithe and if so, please share the Bible verse.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by tkb417(m): 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2009
Dude, I was only trying to show you that no one in these parts get to keep 90% after they pay their 10%, Maybe when they get serious about taxes in Nigeria, you will understand.
sorry to disappoint you, i pay my tax every month here in Nigeria

I have a smartcard for the taxes i pay and the statement can be printed.
That happens here in Lagos, Nigeria so i pretty understand what ure saying
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by debosky(m): 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2009
ogajim:

Abram paid a one time tithe from the SPOILS OF WAR
Abraham was never recorded to have paid any tithe and if so, please share the Bible verse.

Ol boy na wa o - is English now your problem? How can someone who paid 'one time tithe' be the same person 'never recorded to have paid ANY tithe'?

Abi 'ANY' is now a type of tithe again? grin grin grin

ogajim:

Holyfield has issues and maybe due to the fact that he took way too many punches to the head, A christian ought not to have made that many babies with different women in the first place, this is not the OT.
That someone would actually advise/suggest that he pays "tithes" instead of taking care of his brood is plain STUPID, you are supposed to take care of your kids or not have any at all. How many of those kids did his "pastor" take in because Holyfield's behind is broke now?
Who suggested the phrase in bold? Do you have any evidence of a person making that suggestion?
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2009
This is why I say the bible is just plain weird, what is the business of an Almighty with Al-peoples money
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by ogajim(m): 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2009
=>Debosky

At the time Abram made the tithe payment from the spoils of war to Mechizedeck, you might have forgoten that his name was still Abram then and not Abraham-Father of many nations.
Correct me if I am wrong dude shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by bawomolo(m): 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2009
I am not even debating 'truth' here - it is simply logic. You are implying paying tithes made him bankrupt, that is ILLOGICAL. If you misspend 90%, chances are you will be bankrupt, far beyond what the effect of 10% will do.

i never implied paying tithes made him bankrupt. Where in the thread did i say this?

Dude stop whining - if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I have attacked the illogical line of reasoning you have put forward here, without attacking your person.

yes you did and you know this. 

when was this supposed to mean?

Honestly I wonder if you actually think through some of the things you post here. just plain classless

i'm not whining at all.  In no way did i say tithing turned holyfield bankrupt.

If you misspend 90%, chances are you will be bankrupt, far beyond what the effect of 10% will do

agreed

So WHAT? What relevance does this have on Dollar? You have NO EVIDENCE to prove anything, apart from wild linkages between unrelated events.

the thread is about holyfield and not dollar.  you are just going somewhere else with this.

maybe we should just agree to disagree
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by bawomolo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2009

he is back in child support payments. He is about to visit a jail cell soon.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by debosky(m): 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2009
bawomolo:

i never implied paying tithes made him bankrupt. Where in the thread did i say this?
Dude the thread title implies that the tithes he paid led to his bankruptcy because he neglected his mortgage because of it. Again, unless you are trying to be clever by half, you cannot deny this message from your thread title.

Let's even leave that - you post a picture with a text balloon saying 'this is why I'm broke' - what is the 'this' referring to here if not for the tithe that you mentioned in the thread title?

just plain classless
I said I wonder - did I insult you?  Seriously dude - I can question your thought process if I feel it wasn't thorough - how does that qualify as an insult? 

i'm not whining at all.  In no way did i say tithing turned holyfield bankrupt.
Again this is implicit in the thread title.

the thread is about holyfield and not dollar.  you are just going somewhere else with this.
You could've fooled me bro! Creflo's picture was posted by you on the thread, you're accusing him of being 'pimped out' with Holyfield's money, you accuse him of not 'warning' Holyfield, and he is the person who the tithes were allegedly paid to. Funny how it's not about Dollar.  cheesy
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by bawomolo(m): 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
Again this is implicit in the thread title.

what does being late in mortgage payments have to do with tithing made him broke? the thread has to do with an espn interview.

we obviously have a disconnect here

you post a picture with a text balloon saying 'this is why I'm broke'

that was a funny pic i got from google images.

Seriously dude - I can question your thought process if I feel it wasn't thorough - how does that qualify as an insult? 

of course you can question my thought process but not in a sarcastic way.  comments like my head being up my ass or not thinking shows lack of class and is plain insulting.   That's not the way you talk to people.

Funny how it's not about Dollar.

read the initial post. it just happens holyfield attends dollar's church.
Re: Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage by JeromeK: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hi Tonye-T,

Such a placid, self assured manner. It I didn't know better I'd swallow it hook, line and stinker  grin! Are you a Pastor? If only for your non-aggressive demeanour when posting, I'll proffer a different point of view.

I don't believe a point by point rebuttal is required. Just a few points.

tonye-t:

- this new membership required that we were to follow the order of this people we now belong to, but do ours in Christ Jesus

- if we were to follow this order but in Christ, then who are the Levites? the clergies i guess, while christ is the high priest i suppose

- Now how was the welfare of these levites planned for in the OT? titheings and offerings i think isnt it? good, so i put it categorically to you that

TITHEING WAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE A MISNOMER, IT EXISTED B4 IT WAS INSTITUTED, AND AFTER THE FALL OF THE ORIGINAL ISRAEL, IT STILL CONTINUED,

Christ's opinion of Titheing

- Christ never criticised titheing, but he criticised those who practised it, its the same way he criticised them for wrongly fasting, but He never condemned fasting

- because Christ never discussed an issue deeply aint a reason that it was wrong, recall that there was never a place in the gospels where christ admonished us to read the bible, but we read bible dont we?, there was never a place in the gospels where christ admonished us to pick a certain day for general congregational worship, but we did, didnt we? - KunleoShob do you still remember that the ALL SCRIPTURES WERE GIVING FOR DOCTRINAL PURPOSES TOO?

Bro i still say that tiheing aint for everyone, its a spiritual thing understood by the spiritual people only! and lest i forget pls try and answer my question i asked you because TITHEING IS A LEVY JUST LIKE TAX IS, but the destination is different, the origin of TAXATION traced back from TITHEING

- Abraham/Abram; Is not recoreded as ever paying tithes as a matter of course, only as a one-off tithe of the spoils of war.

- There is no distinct and seperate Levitical order in Christianity. We are now all priests - with the Lord as High Priest.

- The Clergy as it exists today is mostly a man-made construct - sadly echoing the OT Levitical priesthood. I put it to you sir that you guess wrong, even if you suppose correctly.

- Care for the body is needs based. Simple. No special dispensation for elders per se, although they should be prefered for the labour of love they minister to the body.

- Even if we accede your point that the Lord "never condemned tithing", can we therefore assume he established it as an ordinance?

- Nobody has claimed "tithing" is wrong - or not acceptable in context. A freewill, self-determined choice to tithe by any Christian or group of believers is fine. You could say many are "against it being wrongly practised". The manipulative, guilt-inducing, scripture twisting exercise that obtains in many places today and is the driver for many tithers is to be decried, wouldn't you agree?

Stay cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? / Does Masturbation Hinders One's Progress / Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.