Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! (1125 Views)

My Encounter With A GTB Staff / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow / Encounter With A Bvn Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! by urchpath(m): 8:21am On Jan 14, 2016
Before I start I will like to state my order number: 305476625

I made Four (4) orders from jumia on 3/12/15.

I opted for Pay BEFORE delivery of which the payment went thorugh successfully.

5 days later, Jumia shipped one of the items to me, but afterwards I never heard from them again.

After waiting for about 1 week without hearing from the courier, I tried tracking the orders online, and to my utmost suprise the items were shipped to calabar (while my shipping address is uyo), and they kept on moving it from their main store in calabar to their warehouse still in calabar in a to and fro manner repeatedly. Meaning the items kept revolving around these locations in Calabar and never left there.

This continued for another 1 week. I called the customer care repeatedly and sent a number of mails all to no avail. All I got were only empty promises of "we will escalate this complain and resolve it"!

After another 2 weeks (making it 4 weeks), they managed to ship down one other item (4/01/16). I was happy feeling they have finally resolved the issue.
But on the contrary, the problem still persisted.

This is almost 6 weeks since I made this transaction, the last date on the tracking history for the 2 remaining items was on the 19/12/15. Meaning no one can state the precise location of these items now.

When I finally got fade up 3 days ago, I had to call the customer care representative requesting for a refund on the undelivered goods. But I am yet to hear from them as usual.

I am sure all my orders could have been delivered on time assuming I opted for pay-on-delivery option.

Jumia has failed to sort this out, rather decided to give me a cold treatment.

Poor attitude from the customer care reps, poor shipping method, poor organization in general.

This is a transaction i will always regret.
JUMIA is a company I used to hold to high esteem, but it's obviouus I was wrong. I am very disappointed.

This typifies fraud!!!

Re: My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 14, 2016
Go to their office and request to speak to their Manager and if u still get same treatment, then u have to make them u cashcow... SUE THEMMMMM
Re: My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! by urchpath(m): 8:30am On Jan 14, 2016
I also went to their facebook page and found out that many customers still have siimilar complaints like mine.

Re: My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! by johnwizey: 8:31am On Jan 14, 2016
E be like say the remaining two don enter voice mail
Re: My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! by urchpath(m): 8:32am On Jan 14, 2016
castroevans:
Go to their office and request to speak to their Manager and if u still get same treatment, then u have to make them u cashcow... SUE THEMMMMM

thanks bro
Re: My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! by laserjet: 8:41am On Jan 14, 2016
Jumia is trash. Believe that! I had similar issh back then but I thank God for the radicalism in me. It didn't take them time to do the needful.
Re: My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! by Khd95(m): 8:44am On Jan 14, 2016
Very very uglysad

why dont u go to their head office,if symptom persist after one week, SUE THEM grin
Re: My Ugly Encounter With Jumia !!! by nedu2000(m): 8:49am On Jan 14, 2016
Ah,in nigeria if I need anything I go with my money see what I intend buying and pay cash!! Nigeria(ns) are not honest enough for online business.Integrity is another ingredient missing

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell Any Product/property In 10 Minutes In Nigeria / Nigeria's Richest People And Secret To Their Success / Pictures Of A Man Roasting Yam And Plantain On The Roadside.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.