Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria (5677 Views)

Beware Of Poisonous Noodles By Nafdac / Desmond Elliot And Wife Head For His Inauguration : Photo / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by papaejima: 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2009
this forum should be closed to people like @RICHIE ASS HOLE and JERJENS.those mofuckers are nitwits and their brains are dead.bringing tribal sentiments into things like these will not help anyone.mr do you work,if u do or run a business,why do u do that? the money that u make,do u give it to igbo people? U PPLE ARE COMPLETE FOOLS.na jealousy dey kill una bastards.thats why una dey plot will ur muslim extremists every day to kill igbo pple and burn their businesses.filho da puta.caralho
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by oge4real(f): 11:20pm On Jun 22, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by Nezan(m): 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2009
papaejima:

this forum should be closed to people like @RICHIE ASS HOLE and JERJENS.those mofuckers are nitwits and their brains are dead.bringing tribal sentiments into things like these will not help anyone.mr do you work,if u do or run a business,why do u do that? the money that u make,do u give it to igbo people? U PPLE ARE COMPLETE FOOLS.na jealousy dey kill una bastards.thats why una dey plot will ur muslim extremists every day to kill igbo pple and burn their businesses.filho da puta.caralho

Lets moderate our language on dis forum please,
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by dnex(m): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2009
What is bad for these Sierra Leoneans may actually be very good for Nigerians.

We have consumed poisonous beans, noodles, milk, drugs and even human flesh in the form of suya (courtesy Clifford Orji & Co.), we're still here.

Why are we even complaining? It is rich people that mostly eat rice and they buy it from the market. The market where the UN rice is going to end up. If it was poisonous Garri or Poisonous Pure Water, I'll have panicked.

Abeg, let them even import Poisonous Moet, Deadly Hennesy, and irradiating Cigars.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by Litmus: 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2009
lastpage

and who THE HELL are you?
If you're a Nigerian then you "point-out your father's house with your "LEFT HAND", we all know what that signifies,  a fucking B*st*rd. (no be me manufacture that truism!)

On the other hand, if you are not a Nigerian, What do you want on this webby?
Nosing around spreading your hate and fouling the air with ya smelly mouth?

Most of these people are impostors with hatreds against Nigerians they come here to vent their spleen and laugh at us behind the screen thinking we are gullible fools. Nigerians are very rarely crude, nasty and tacky with their language.   Nigerians have many enemies but don’t realise. I have been in many situations where people did not realise my Nigerian identity because of their ignorance and from what I can gather the bitterness against Nigerians are not to do with Nigerian corruption. They don’t give a toss about all that. It’s not what bugs them. What bugs them is simple things maybe that’s why Nigerians don’t understand. Simple things like Nigerians not being subservient so there are a lot of white people, mix race people, Asians and some black people who have been spoilt by the usual laughy (laughy culture) bowing and scraping always never offensive black people, so Nigerian behaving normally seems to them as if we are arrogant when in fact they are the ones who are arrogant to assume that all black people should be accommodating to other races

Then there are those Nigerians married to whites who are very anti Nigerian because Nigerians are not as welcoming to or worshipful of their white partners and mix race children as they would like unlike in Ghana where the culture is diluted and in its place the culture is skin colours and the worshiping of whites and mix race people.

And please I don’t want anybody tell me what I know for myself, and try to paint it in some sort of negative terms or dismissive terms I can interpret what I see I don’t need anybody to tell me what I see, in fact the half has not yet been told you would not believe the things I have come across from Ghanaians, East Africans, Sierra Leone Cameroonians, people from Congo etc because according to them I don’t look Nigerian as if they know what Nigerians look, like useless people. In front of Nigerians they are smiles but behind their back they bring out the knife particularly when they want to please their white masters.

Friend of Litmus
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by Tudor6(f): 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
I say again LET THE RICE COME! Nothing go shele. . . grin
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by bestvera: 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2009
na wa oooooooo, igbo people, d china product never do, now na food.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by asha80(m): 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2009
bestvera:

We need less of this cave mentality.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by romeo(m): 11:44pm On Jun 23, 2009
bestvera:

Local idiot!
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by bestvera: 12:42am On Jun 24, 2009
why e dey pain u ? my people, i dey refer to my brothers d importers,if this story na true because I no believe.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by microgiant: 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2009
bestvera:

why e dey pain u ? my people, i dey refer to my brothers d importers,if this story na true because I no believe.
Na only Igbo dey import? What of the customs, Standards Organisation Nigeria (SON), etc na igbo people dey top for all this government establishments? At least we see one area Igbo been dey control, e become one of the best and envied winning awards (NAFDAC). So, my broda condemn bad and leave tribalism out of this discussion.

Na igbo dey rule Nigeria or all the 36 states?

Think before you post. If you no get anything no post.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by lastpage: 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2009
@bestvera
I am not of Igbo extraction but the last time l checked, the bulletin did not mention the tribe of the bad businessmen so, why assume they are "Igbo people"?

Moreover, each tribe has its own "small percentage" of black sheep, like those bad children that bring insult and disrepute to their fathers name!

It is widely accepted that only "Ignoramus" use a "wide brush" to paint a whole nationality, based on the observed bad behavior of a few of them.
PLS LAY-OFF.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by papaejima: 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2009
THANKS @microgiant and @lastpage.am an igbo man,bt i will be the first person to condemn any igbo man who thinks that other peoples lives is only meant for making money.i dont encourage blood money.bt tribalists and ignorant people like @richieboy,@bestvera and the rest,since u dont know or have anything meaningful to contribute here other than spreading bad blood and hate,pls i will advice u to go look at kkk websites or other extremists like u mofuckers.no one has ever told us that the people at the heart of this dirty deal comes from igbo land.na envy go kill them.bad belle pple.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by cutie999(f): 8:28am On Jun 25, 2009
imagine this deadly news airing just this morning on superscreen. angry sad shocked embarassed
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by dnex(m): 9:27am On Jun 25, 2009
Congratulations ladies and gentlemen, THE RICE HAS ARRIVED! I repeat: THE RICE HAS ARRIVED!

We have been saved from hunger and starvation. UN, God bless una. Sierra Leone, I knew you were going to pay us back for bringing you democracy.

Enjoyment don land.

Seriously though, let's not take these people too seriously. The rice had already arrived before the NSA sent out their report. We're just in the same cycle of deception in which we've always been. Let's not look at this rice as a bad thing. Let's just laugh over it. Some will fall sick and some will die, but really the people who could have done something did not.

I'm just 30 and already with severe high blood pressure because of Nigeria and Nigerians. All I can do now is make jokes and laugh. I can't kill myself.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by TheSeeker(m): 11:45am On Jun 25, 2009
What you can't see doesn't kill you.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by AloyEmeka9: 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2009
[size=14pt]Residents raise alarm over 'poisonous Asian rice' in Sokoto, Kaduna, others[/size]
From Saxone Akhaine, Kaduna

HOW did a consignment of contaminated Asian rice allegedly rejected by the Sierra Leonean government find its way to some states in northern Nigeria?

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jun/25/30.html

This was the question on the lips of Nigerians in Sokoto, Kaduna and other northern states yesterday as they panicked over the discovery that a shipment of poisonous rice rejected in Sierra Leone had found its way into markets in these states.

A senior Customs official in Kaduna, who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorised to speak with the media on the matter, told reporters that the Customs Service had been notified on the development through several complaints from the public.

A Voice of America (VOA) Hausa Service report monitored in Kaduna yesterday had it that Moslem and Christian clerics in Sokoto State had condemned the importation of the rice and alerted their followers to the development, charging them to protect themselves and their families from harm.

A National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) official, who also craved anonymity, said that a certain rice from Asia with label number LL62 should be avoided by the public, stressing that NAFDAC would soon come out officially to enlighten Nigerians on the matter.

He disclosed that "several traders have approached us, on getting the VOA report, to inquire about the said rice, which was rejected by the Sierra Leonean government but had found its way into Nigeria, particularly in the North.

"I think it will be better to wait for official statement from our office on the issue. As for some of us, I think it will be better to avoid any strange rice in the market for now to be on the safer side."

A Kaduna resident, Mallam Sahabi Yahaya Kaura, lamented: "It is unfortunate that Nigerian businessmen, who might be richer than their Sierra Leonean counterparts, would be so greedy and unpatriotic to have imported bad rice to Nigeria."

He said several unsuspecting customers who bought the rice had to return it to the traders in Sheikh Gumi Market, Kaduna because it was hard to cook and tasted badly.

However, petty traders in the market accused the rice dealers of deliberately importing the bad rice into the country and called on the authorities to intervene in the matter.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by AloyEmeka9: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2009
the rice probably arrived Nigeria before this alarm was raised because it's everywhere in the north now.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by philip0906(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2009
@bestvera
I like ur comment.we need more people like u on NL cos it goes to prove our point that d economic condition of d country has made many Nigerians MENTALLY IMPOTENT. shocked
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by galatico(m): 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2009
This our country is messed up!!! I believe this fucking Rice would definitely find it way into Nigeria,
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by Kenny(m): 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2009
We should expect nemesis 2 catchup on those who 'waste' innocent ones without cause.
Maybe the rice is already in the market.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by papaejima: 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2009
I like ur comment.we need more people like u on NL cos it goes to prove our point that d economic condition of d country has made
many Nigerians MENTALLY IMPOTENT. Posted by: philip0906
@beatvera and ur ilks,that is 4 u and a big one up ur asses. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by ifababa(m): 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2009
Please does anyone have an idea how long it would take that quantity to be off the market, I want to lay an embargo on rice consumption in my household for now but i have problems placing the ultimatum ,

Nigerian borders?, I bet the Rice is already in Nigeria, Thank you @poster
May God save us oo

I rest my case
Ifababa
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2009
@dnex

dnex:

Congratulations ladies and gentlemen, THE RICE HAS ARRIVED! I repeat: THE RICE HAS ARRIVED!

We have been saved from hunger and starvation. UN, God bless una. Sierra Leone, I knew you were going to pay us back for bringing you democracy.

Enjoyment don land.

Seriously though, let's not take these people too seriously. The rice had already arrived before the NSA sent out their report. We're just in the same cycle of deception in which we've always been. Let's not look at this rice as a bad thing. Let's just laugh over it. Some will fall sick and some will die, but really the people who could have done something did not.

I'm just 30 and already with severe high blood pressure because of Nigeria and Nigerians. All I can do now is make jokes and laugh. I can't kill myself.

U r funny grin

But seriously you are waayy too young for severe high BP , make you take Nigeria situation easy o, e go better.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by lastpage: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2009
@Papaejima
THANKS @microgiant and @lastpage.am an igbo man,
You welcome ma bruvda, but henceforth, though l am Yoruba by Parentage, WE ARE NIGERIANS!
No more Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa or any of the smaller nationalities,
As long as you're Nigerian, YOU ARE NIGERIAN.

@TheSeeker
What you can't see doesn't kill you.
like "stray bullet", right? or "Swine Flu", abi?  shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Am sure you said the above, metaphorically?

But you would agree that some pips might take it as gospel truth.
Bottom line, its FALSE & MISLEADING.

Now, according to NAFDAC official,
A National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) official, who also craved anonymity, said that a certain rice from Asia with label number LL62 should be avoided by the public, stressing that NAFDAC would soon come out officially to enlighten Nigerians on the matter.
This is another "Nigerian joke", right?  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Anyone that has ever gone to Kano, Onithsa, Oshodi, Ibadan or any of the local markets scattered all over the country knows that they sell in Tomato-tins and small milk-tin containers. Has anyone ever seen one of those "containers" containing the "LABEL or NAME" of the bag of rice, from which the ones sold in retail, are derived from? 

Maybe these incompetent officials, who dont know their left from their right, want 3million people to die first (since the rice is already being consumed by citizens, from the reports we are getting), before they will come out with their belated advisory! grin
This is what we mean, when we quarrel with "blind people" trying to lead "sighted people".
Poor folks on Niaraland like us, even know better!

Just confiscate the rice, anywhere you can find it (in doing so, try get information about "where and from whom" they bought it,  under the promise of compensation grin) and burn it. End of story.

Nigeria, we hail thee!
Lastpage
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by AloyEmeka9: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2009
Just confiscate the rice, anywhere you can find it (in doing so, try get information about "where and from whom" they bought it, under the promise of compensation ) and burn it. End of story.
How will they confiscate it when half of the proceeds will be used to line their pockets?
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by emmaco200(m): 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2009
please if the rice has arrived someone should tell us o!!!!  especially me that love rice very much.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by fegflu: 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2009
funny enough its still our own naija brothers that are killing us. enriching themselves at the expense of other peoples lives. am sorry to say this but am willing to bet that the guys importing this contaminated rice no go pass igbo guys. i stand to be corrected. Angry

Blame the ibos- na dem handwork.
NAFDAC- Pls send all the rice to Onitsha. Mk only dem de eat am
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by asha3: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2009
fegflu:

funny enough its still our own naija brothers that are killing us. enriching themselves at the expense of other peoples lives. am sorry to say this but am willing to bet that the guys importing this contaminated rice no go pass igbo guys. i stand to be corrected. Angry

Blame the ibos- na dem handwork.
NAFDAC- Pls send all the rice to Onitsha. Mk only dem de eat am

embarassed Cave mentality at work.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by fegflu: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2009
asha,

Na u knw. But in ur heart u knw am right
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by asha3: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2009
fegflu:

asha,

Na u knw. But in ur heart u knw am right

embarassed Yes just like 'my pikin' episode.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by debosky(m): 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2009
The INSINCERITY and WICKEDNESS of these government and its penchant for "noise-making" is on display again!

Pardon me but it is STUPID to tell a thief that the Police has laid ambush for him at the end of 3rd Mainland bridge, he will simply pass other routes like the Eko Bridge or lekki-Maroko axis!

Since they had this much information about the shipment, that means they know:
1. Country of origin
2. The shipping Port in Sierra leone
3. Based on the 1. & 2. above, they can easily get the conveying Ship's 'details' like destination Port in Nigeria, and all the shipping documents
You are making assumptions here - how do you know the cargo wasn't discharged IN Sierra Leone before tests were carried out discovering it was unfit for human consumption?

The article says that they are UNSURE of whether it will be brought in via road borders or the sea, which indicates the cargo MIGHT have been discharged, or may have been moved to another ship. Obviously if a ship arrives Nigeria carrying 'relief materials' it will be easily spotted, so there is more to this than meets the eye.

4. Based on 3., they can get the name of the Nigerian Business men involved and their addresses
Again, very simplistic - If I have a shipping agent that does otherwise legitimate activities and take on this cargo/concealed it, it may not be discovered in the first place.

5. Based on 4., they can pick-up the agent of death, here in Nigeria or even in Sierra leone
Again that is assuming they are in S/L or Nigeria, not in Cote D'Ivoire or somewhere else.

6. Using the Nigerian Navy and International Maritime technology, the ship can be impounded once it enters Nigerian waters or boarded even in international waters AND SUNK IMMEDIATELY.
It might have been transported by road and NOT a ship - how would you track it then? Was it supplied as BULK rice or was it bagged? How would you identify the rice?

But as usual, our empty-headed and inept leaders, haven probably primed themselves for the "BRIBE" that would be paid on account of these noise making, are getting themselves a ready-made excuse - WE RAISED THE ALARM O!- when Nigerians start dieing of the poisonous rice!

[quote/]
This rush to judgment is not based on the facts of this case - how much rice was there in the first place? How much 'bribe' would be expected? Besides, someone LEAKED this memo, it was not intended for public consumption.

The warning to the security agencies [/b]to that effect is contained in a circular from the office of the NAS, captioned, “Freetown: Plans Underway to Divert Contaminated Rice to Nigeria” with reference number NSA/C/352/S dated June 3, 2009 and signed by Akingbolasan, S.A.
This was sent to security agencies not to newspapers.

Imagine, this breach of 'information security', coming from the [b]National Security Organization
? In other countries, they would be sacked or forced to resign.
Remember recently, about a month ago when the Metropolitan Police Commissioner in U.K "unknowingly exposed" a file for an operation they were supposed to carry out, by displaying the contents of a page of the file, clutched to his chest? He resigned the next day.

His "Nigerian version" would probably think he has earned enough credentials to become the next President of the country!, slowpoke!!
Again, you assume - how do you know it leaked from the NSA or his office? What if it leaked from the customs, police or other security outfit?   Granted a leak is not good, but there are no perfect security installations anywhere - as you mentioned leaks happen even abroad.

I hope the security agencies are acting on the information, that is what you can really hope for in this instance. Stick to your reliable rice agents if you can and resist patronising every rice joint around the corner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Explosives Found At Tudun Wada In Jos / WHY AN IGBO MUSLIM HAS TO BE THE NEXT SULTAN OF SOKOTO / Pics: Nigerian Army Have Inducted The BTR-94 (APC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.