Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House (21001 Views)

Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife / Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After / Guy Impregnates A Girl, His Parents' Reactions Are Hilariously Shocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by solidman59(m): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2016
A friend of mine, has been working for a year now with a decent salary and has just rented an apartment for himself but his parents are now against him for doing that.

I just want to get your opinions on this because I think it's ok bearing in mind that this dude is 28yrs old now.

Was it a bad decision? Is he too young to?

Plz mods I beg of you, just give this one special attention, his parents are saying they will excommunicate him if he finally moves out.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Dojupyo(f): 11:18am On Jan 14, 2016
He's not too young or old to get his own house.....
He should see reasons with his parents why he shouldn't get a house yet..
I'm one of those who listen to mama and papa cos virtually when you obey them, they get to live long..

I started staying on my own when I was 18yrs plus, so a 28yrs old fully grown man isn't young to get an apartment... All he needs to do, is to make his parents understand why he should get a house...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by hob(m): 11:23am On Jan 14, 2016
What kinda parents are these

End time Parents

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by ayogabriel(m): 11:29am On Jan 14, 2016
Okay, I am about the same age, I got a job in ph where I stay with my parents, and my dad said, I shouldn't wait for him to chase me out before I know I will move out, in one of his talks, he said after 3 month of working one should start thinking of moving out, that is his own take. He is expects me to start been independent and leave my comfort zone. Staying with parent and earning a sizeable/fat pay, will make u relax and not cautious of your self, staying on your own, gives one more awareness of been responsible, and other things that comes with it... if you all know what am talking about. in your case at OP, parents can be over protective atimes, in this part of the world, parents wants the best thing for there children except them, been who they want to be. 1 year is more than enough. Chao bro

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Dyt(f): 11:29am On Jan 14, 2016
Well
They are just worried

He's got money and scared he will mismanage it

He should talk to them and assure them he's gonna be fine

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Hadassahisbae(f): 11:39am On Jan 14, 2016
diz not fair..how will he explain to his bae or frndz dah he lives in d-same roof wid his parent at 28..itz shameful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by solidman59(m): 1:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
Me sef the tin tire me cuz the guy's of age
Dyt:
Well
They are just worried

He's got money and scared he will mismanage it

He should talk to them and assure them he's gonna be fine
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by solidman59(m): 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mods this is a very important topic. Lalasticlala wake up from your sleep, food don done

2 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Addicted2Women: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
You won't have the freedom to bring in any girl.
You can't go clubbing.
The monitor every movement you make.

9 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
Is he the only son,why treat him like a baby...And am sure the mother would be the champion of the cause

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by BCISLTD: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
angry they have their reasons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by bikerboy1(m): 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
HMMMM.... His parents are not serious.

His mates @28 are already married and settled with 2kids, They still busy pampering him to live with them.

Like I said before, They are not serious.

Unless they have personal reasons the OP didn't share with us.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by auntysimbiat(f): 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
cool
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Flashh: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
At what age did your parent stop giving you baby feeder? Get back to me, then I will advice you.

9 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by repogirl(f): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
Parents are different..... Some are clingy, some no send if you miss(like my own, lol).

Anyway, its best to hear them out on their reasons and also give them his.

They need to talk and then he can come to a decision.

Easier said than done sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by MrFrigid(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
Honestly i intend starting my family at 28 so i don't think his too young btw my sis husband was 28 when they got married nd they are doing fine. So ur fwend is not too young maybe the kind of lifestyle ur fwend is into is the reason why his parents are concerned.

4 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
There is more to it than what you just shared here. You need to find out from his parents as well. Then comeback here for other people's opinion. smiley
solidman59:
A friend of mine, has been working for a year now with a decent salary and has just rented an apartment for himself but his parents are now against him for doing that.
I just want to get your opinions on this because I think it's ok bearing in mind that this dude is 28yrs old now.
Plz mods I beg of you, just give this one special attention, his parents are saying they will excommunicate him if he finally moves out.
wink
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by BIGTinfotech: 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
If sincerely His parents feel He's not matured, then it's a good thing for them to be worried.

Otherwise, no parent would not applaud such decision that comes with responsibilities cos it implies their son is now a grown man.

2 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by free2ryhme: 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
solidman59:

Just tell us your parent are against you owning an apartment at your age

4 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by wolewolsz(m): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
He should be shuffling between both houses when the need arises, seems the parents don't want him to go probably with the fear he could forget about them in the long run

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Holamidhe(m): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Tell him to pray

Blame it on Aregbesola

1 Like

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by mazidavos(m): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
What are the reasons for their disapproval?
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Ecoterrorism(f): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
All this mommy pets and my friend stories. Mtsewww how can I advise your friend when he is not on nairaland

6 Likes

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Adonis86(m): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
What's your business... Stop drinking panadol for another man's headache.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by free2ryhme: 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
when they enjoying themselves and he got a job we no hear anything ooo

now he rent an apartment and we no go hear word for nairaland
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by MilesLamar(m): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ha
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by sagio09: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Gsmooth51: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
bro its not a good decision even even at 25..after NYSC..Abeg change base straight up
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by demolinka(m): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Very divicult caize sad
Re: His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House by Goridoe(m): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
i can only see the guy as Omo Mummy.... i can say its inappropriate and at the same time call it the Strong Love his parent got for him.. to the extent that they dont want him to be far from them... but all the same 28years old, haba, its inappropriate..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Disappear In My House All The Time. / It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke / Cheating Husband Loses N26-Mil He Gave 'Bae' To Hide From Wife - SA Court (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.