Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,092 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria (6678 Views)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Hard Copy Of ICAN New Study Pack, Pathfinder And ACCA Materials. / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by spora(m): 8:31am On Oct 27, 2006
I was surprised that some members are not aware that you can now graduate with a B.Sc and ACCA by age 20, even here in Nigeria.

An educational consultancy firm, HiiT Limited (not NIIT) at 27, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja (beside Awolowo Glass House, Ikeja Bus Stop) is now co-ordinating the programme in Nigeria.

According to them, the programme runs for JUST 3 YEARS and the minimum entry requirement is O'Levels. They will register you for ACCA and B.Sc (Applied Accounting), tutor you and you take the online  exams with them. Within 3 years, you will have your ACCA and B.Sc (Applied Accounting) from Oxford Brookes University, in UK. While your mates are been jammed by JAMB, you are already graduated.

The advantages are:
1. You have a foreign degree/certificate.
2. You are a chartered Accountant with ACCA
3. You are automatically awarded ICAN's ACA in Nigeria because ACCA is more recognised than ACA.

What else? I think, it is more reasonable than anything else. I just registered my brothers and I learnt the next batch commences November 27, 2006.

University and Polytechnic graduates who are being disappointed by ICAN can also register, I learnt.

1 Like

Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by spora(m): 8:48am On Oct 27, 2006
I was surprised that some members are not aware that you can now graduate with a B.Sc and ACCA by age 20, even here in Nigeria.

An educational consultancy firm, HiiT Limited (not NIIT) at 27, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja (beside Awolowo Glass House, Ikeja Bus Stop) is now co-ordinating the programme in Nigeria. Telephones: 01-8751779, 8760957

According to them, the programme runs for JUST 3 YEARS and the minimum entry requirement is O'Levels. They will register you for ACCA and B.Sc (Applied Accounting), tutor you and you take the online  exams with them. Within 3 years, you will have your ACCA and B.Sc (Applied Accounting) from Oxford Brookes University, in UK. While your mates are been jammed by JAMB, you are already graduated.

The advantages are:
1. You have a foreign degree/certificate.
2. You are a chartered Accountant with ACCA
3. You are automatically awarded ICAN's ACA in Nigeria because ACCA is more recognised than ACA.

What else? I think, it is more reasonable than anything else. I just registered my brothers and I learnt the next batch commences November 27, 2006.

University and Polytechnic graduates who are being disappointed by ICAN can also register, I learnt.
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2006
According to them, the programme runs for JUST 3 YEARS and the minimum entry requirement is O'Levels. They will register you for ACCA and B.Sc (Applied Accounting), tutor you and you take the online  exams with them. Within 3 years, you will have your ACCA and B.Sc (Applied Accounting) from Oxford Brookes University, London. While your mates are been jammed by JAMB, you are already graduated.

Erm Oxford Brookes University is obviously not in London!
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by uchetobi(f): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2007
I knw someone that did this and has ACCA and B.Sc today. But she went to London to do it sha
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by olanajim(m): 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2007
Ha is this true? Are you sure NUC is aware of this? Would NYSC accept their cert? Pls I need ur reply i know someone who has interest. Also, how much is the tuition, pls be specific?
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by olanajim(m): 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2007
Ha is this true? Are you sure NUC is aware of this? Would NYSC accept their cert? Pls I need ur reply i know someone who has interest. Also, how much is the tuition, pls be specific?
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by uchetobi(f): 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2007
o like I said the person that did this did it in London. So I don’t know about this skl or what NUC knows or not. And yea the person is serving now. But what the F? you have nothing to lose go to the address and validate
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by olanajim(m): 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2007
Maybe there would be anyone in the house who is familiar with it. You must realiz one need to b careful when deciding on career. Especially with 419er around. I wil tel d chap about it though.
However since you know some1 there, you can help the house by posting further info. Could you?
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by uchetobi(f): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2007
who me? I don’t know anyone there. I just said my friend went to jand to do ACCA and came home with a B.Sc degree and ACCA certificate.

1 Like

Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by olanajim(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2007
You should av add that. You know. Nairalanders would appreciate firsthand information.
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by uchetobi(f): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2007
i said precisely that
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by oludunamis(m): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2007
@All,

I dont know about the naija company (HIIT) but here is how it works:

Acca has patnership with oxford brookes university cush that if u commence ACCA from the 1st stage and complete all the modules on the first 2 stages, then Oxford brookes university based in oxford town, UK will access you on a project topic, if u are succesful on the project topic,hten they would award you with a BSc hon in applied accounting. you will still need to complete ur 3rd stage of your ACCCA in order to get your full ACCA. Your degree classification will be determined by the average marks u obtained in the modules on your first two stages.

If you are smart, diligent and hard working, you can achieve it in 3 yrs, but if u are lazy and not self-motivated, you may not pass the first stage. I dont know that NYSc's position would be though, but you need to find that out by yourself

goodluck
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by sharpman1(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2007
i am an ACCA student and i have completed the oxford brookes degree.

you complete level 2 of the ACCA exams, write a research and analysis project and if you are successful you are awarded a degree in applied accounting from oxford brookes univeraity U.K.

you can take lectures at any acca tuition center and you can study on your own if you like.

its very challenging but if you are prepared, you can excell and even come out with a first class. i actually did.

good luck to all thats interested.
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by babasegun(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2007
This is so true, I'm a ACCA student and i will be getting my degree in a couple and I'm only 20, even though i'm not in Nigeria, but acca is global you can get it anywhere in the world, and Nigeria is not an objection, my mates are still in their sophomore year in Uni and am almost done.

I think it is really expensive in Nigeria and if you want to do it in England i recomment FTC Kaplan.
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by oluojk: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2009
LoverBwoy:

Erm Oxford Brookes University is obviously not in London!

LoverBwoy, when spora wrote his post he said Oxford Brookes University UK and not London so you replying him and saying Oxford brookes is not in London is wrong, To all others on this topic it is not certain that you would get the BSC in 3 years but with dedication and hardwork it is possible even for an O'levels student in Nigeria.
I am studying for the ACCA and have had first hand of both UK and 9ja study environment, 9ja is relatively cheaaper but then you have to think of other factors like money earning potentials while studying.

Best of luck to all
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by slimes(m): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2009
U think say the exam na beans?
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2009
ACCA exams no be beans ooooooooo.

just finished my part level 2 papers yesterday, its an exam for serious minded pple.

But anything is achievable if u're focus and determined.
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by ayorindett: 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Stream one ACCA lectures for December 2014 diet exams start on Saturday, 20 July 2014. Be part of our success stories – become a global Chartered Certified Accountant. Enquiries: iclass Tuition 31, Awolowo Avenue, old Bodija, Ibadan.
Tell: 08033851555,07034586186,08025316212.
Email: iclasstuition@yahoo.com
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
sharpman1:

you complete level 2 of the ACCA exams, write a research and analysis project and if you are successful you are awarded a degree in applied accounting from oxford brookes univeraity U.K.

you can take lectures at any acca tuition center and you can study on your own if you like.

its very challenging but if you are prepared, you can excell and even come out with a first class. i actually did.

hi, I was searching for ACCA related threads though this post/topic is old....
Do you know if Companies accept Oxford Brooke's degree??
I am also writing ACCA but I don't want to waste my time writing the project if Companies do not recognize it..
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by sirtony5: 2:20am On Jan 03, 2018
I wish someone responded to this question
hi, I was searching for ACCA related threads though this post/topic is old....
Do you know if Companies accept Oxford Brooke's degree??
I am also writing ACCA but I don't want to waste my time writing the project if Companies do not recognize it..
Re: You Can Also Graduate With B.sc And Acca (in 3 years) In Nigeria by intruder15(m): 10:39am On Mar 31, 2018
sharpman1:

what's the cost for the masters degree in accounting

(1) (Reply)

Another List Of Successful Candidates For Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2014 Out / How To Save Money As A Digital Nomad In 2023: By Amechi Okoli / How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.