Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

5 Things To Look At Before Joining A Network Marketing Company. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Things To Look At Before Joining A Network Marketing Company. (684 Views)

Take A Look At The Change This Driver Gave Me / Take A Look At Ifeanyi Ubah's House / Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things To Look At Before Joining A Network Marketing Company. by microshoxx(m): 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2016

5 things to look at before joining a network marketing company

Once you have decided that you want to give network marketing a try, the next step is to choose the best company to work with.

Most people ignore one or more of the 5 critical keys in choosing a network marketing company or opportunity and ask themselves why they failed to make profits or achieve financial freedom.

You may be inclined to join the next company that comes along introduced by someone close to you but I strongly suggest that you make your own research BEFORE you get involved to save you time, money, and possible heartache.

Here are the top 5 things to look for in a network marketing company:

Company Profile

Although it’s true that you create your own success, it makes perfect sense to work with a company that will still be around after you’ve built a huge group and invested multiple heads, right?

See if the company you’re joining is (a) financially stable and has been around for some time, I’d say at least 5 years so your group-building efforts will not go to waste.

networkingToo many network marketing companies in the Philippines have come and gone over the years. Aren’t you wondering why? One reason may be due to legal problems (because they’re illegal!?) and another reason may be the owners just couldn’t keep the business running, just like traditional businesses.

A high percentage of network marketing companies fold up within the first 5 years. You don’t want to be in those distributors’ positions when that happens.

I would also look into the (b) experience of the owners and management team.

Who are they? What’s their mission? Are they people with INTEGRITY? What’s their track record, past experience?

Look into the heart of the company if it’s really interested in educating YOU to be a business leader and not just another recruiter. It will take more than listening to a 2-hour sales pitch and looking at brochures. You have to get off your couch and attend training functions and events to get to know the leaders.

Check also if the company has (c) international or global presence. Even though you have no plans of going international today, you cannot control the growth of your network in the future.

Compensation Plan

Compensation plans vary from one network marketing company to another. Review the compensation plan and make sure that you are comfortable with how company pays out their commissions. Commissions must be paid on the sale of products, not on membership fees.

A good question to ask yourself would be, “Can I still make money if my network just consumes the products and does not recruit anybody?” Answer should be “YES;” otherwise, run away as fast as you can!

Products

Products must be of value but not overpriced and preferably with a money-back guarantee.

Are the products consumable? Since the business is about long-lasting residual income, the products have to be consumable and of high quality. This leads to repeat purchases by customers, month after month and year after year. It’s not just about making a big one-time sale or commission.

Check also if the products are patented and exclusive to the company. Admit it, Filipinos are very good imitators. You don’t want to see your products displayed at department stores or at tiyangges at any point, do you?

Consumers MUST also have a compelling reason to buy from your network marketing company, not just to participate in the money-making plan. For example, ask yourself, “Do people need to buy phone cards from me without joining the compensation plan?” Answer would be “No,” because people can buy the same phone cards in stores.

If product being sold has no real world VALUE and/or is overpriced, the company is more likely a pyramiding scheme, wolves in sheep’s clothing so to speak. Beware!

Needless to say, you have to use the products. These should be products that you are comfortable sharing with close friends and family.

Business Education

This is my favorite part in network marketing – free education!

Robert Kiyosaki wrote on his book The Business School that the number one hidden value of network marketing is the life-changing business education.

Unlike in formal business schools where instructors do not necessarily have businesses of their own, network marketing is the best free business school where trainers actually talk of their real-life experience.

Network marketing leaders teach success attitudes, leadership, people skills, overcoming fears, goal-setting, communication skills, money skills, and the like.

See if your prospective company provides network marketing training for members or you might be left out in the cold.

Marketing System

Last but not least, you are going to want to check into the marketing system of the company or group that you are joining. This is VERY important.

You may be surprised to know that one of the fastest ways to fail at network marketing is to try to recruit your friends and family. Why? Didn’t you notice that most network marketers quit after talking to their best friends and family?

Despite the attrition due to this, recruiting friends and family is still the main marketing tactic taught by most network marketers in the Worldwide.

There is a much better and more FUN way to attract people who are already looking for what you have to offer. Thanks to the Internet, network marketing is much easier than it used to be.

If your company is nationwide or worldwide, then your market is really big. You can reach this very wide audience ONLY if you’re using the Internet. Check to see if your company is adjusting with different marketing trends in the network marketing business.

Use ALL 5 key areas objectively to evaluate a network marketing company or opportunity you’re about to join (or are already involved with). These will greatly enhance your chances for long-term success. If you ignore any one of them, you may just be asking for trouble. (by THE PINNOY BUSINESS with ANNETTE)

Where looking for a Business Partners:
We have a strong team in Place.
For more information contact me.
Erwin
whatsapp +447402059448.
email: royalizenigeria@gmail.com
Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/royalizenigeria/

Re: 5 Things To Look At Before Joining A Network Marketing Company. by Mologi(m): 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
GNLD
Re: 5 Things To Look At Before Joining A Network Marketing Company. by Vanije: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
Well said Op.
My look-out-for features are :
-Curative herbal products
-Binary system of compensation plan
-No compulsory monthly purchase
-Weekly payment
-No fixed target
And this is what Phoneix offers.

Vanije
(07084430249;Call/WhatsApp)

(1) (Reply)

Petrophysics And 3D Static Reservoir Modeling. / Shipping Advice Needed / Why Is GTB Selling At 300 Plus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.