Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,908 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly (29562 Views)

Budget Scandal: APC Summons Jibrin / House Of Reps To Invite EFCC, ICPC To Probe Budget Scandal / Plot To Impeach Buhari: Senator Misau Criticizes Colleagues For Leaking Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Thursday asked the National Assembly to commence the impeachment of President Muhammadu Buhari for what it called ‘various constitutional breaches’ on an alleged submission of two versions of the 2006 budget.

The PDP Acting National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, in a statement he personally signed, after a meeting of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC), also called on National Assembly to investigate the alleged ‘distortion and banding of figures to accommodate personal interest’.

Secondus, who said that appropriate sanctions should be meted to whoever had a hand in the action, asked the Ministers of Finance, Budget and National Planning to resign for allegedly failing to provide the capacity in the management of the nation's economy, resulting in the crashing of the nation's currency to as low as N305 to a dollar.

The party also called for the resignation of the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for allegedly plunging the country's currency policy into ‘chaos’.

It advised the government to stop pretending that it knew what to do ‘when feelers from the seat of power shows clearly that Nigerians by voting for the All Progressives Congress (APC) have just discovered they boarded a once chance bus’.

“We sympathize with Nigerians who are seriously undergoing terrible hardship because of the now obvious inept leadership of the APC despite the promise of one Naira to a dollar.

“What hope can a government that allows its currency to break a 43 year old record crashing to over N300 to one dollar offer and yet does not show it has clear focus of what to do,” he added.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/pdp-wants-buhari-impeached-over-missing-budget/129009.html

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Hitback2back: 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
...chai Nigerians will celebrate me after my exit.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Wizlove(m): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
Well said. I told you! Opposition won't die. This is APC's leadership diagram label it and you'll know the main thing is missing.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Ebukaobi: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
PDP - a bunch of dullards with no moral compass

All these because of the fight against corruption

First of all, impeaching Buhari is next to impossible

Secondly, the PDP is underestimating the resolve of Nigerians on their support for this government

Thirdly, why is that the majority of opponents towards the anti-corruption policy of Buhari come from one section of Nigeria?

If I say I, you say GBO, omo na you sabi

184 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Pidggin(f): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
Honestly, this is the height of national embarrassment. All this drama could have been avoided if the presidency followed due process in retrieving the budget. What first comes to mind is; who wrote the budget? If it was written by Pmb and advisers, why was there a need to make further adjustments to it again, were they drowsy when they wrote the initial one, why did they not allow the senate to deliberate on it instead?

We need divine intervention.

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by LordAdam: 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
In all seriousness, putting aside the APC versus PDP brouhaha, Eta, Ita or whatever his name is should honorably resign or be sacked.

The Presidency should also provide an explanation.

-Lord

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Retributionn: 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thk u my igbo brother. We are d only people bold enough to speak d truth. We fear no foes and we dont care whether d Daura President is hurt or not. D truth is bitter but someone have to say it. Buhari should resign with immediate effect. Corruption fighting corruption. Ndi ara

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lmao...Joke of the year cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

This is better than in d past were president defend 1billion naira for Aso rock feeding

We should commend d president for reducing Car in presidency from 3.4billion in d first version to 340million in the new one. That is 90% drop.

I agree he was not well advised on how to go about it, but it was done with d interest of d masses. But we should focus on end point of the action and not on frivolities PDP are feeding d masses with.

We should understand that Buhari was not under any compulsion to reduce some of those extravagance. He could have ignored d criticism of d masses and leave the waste in d budget. But he listen to us and amended it.

Why is it not an issue in the House of Representative? The Budget was not only given to Senate. The budget was presented to Joint National Assembly. Not to senate alone. House of rep has no issue with d amendment. But criminal Saraki in d senate is trying to over blow it to protect himself from code of conduct tribunal because the supreme court decision is close by on the 5th of February. He is wasting his time. If Saraki thinks he can connive with PDP to blackmail the president into killing the anti-corruption drive of the president, he is making a big mistake .

The Budget has not be signed into law. It has not be approve. So it can be changed or ammended. The president saw an error and chose to correct. He may have been advised wrongly on how to do it, but the overall intention is noble. Nigerians should learn to praise noble things rather than destroying it with useless technicalities and partisanship.

PDP should not be taken seriously because they dont care a bit about Nigeria masses.
They only care about protecting thier criminal members and looters.

Next time the president must ensure he prove read every document before making it public to avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future.

As far as i am concern, this whole noise on d budget is due to the fact that the President and Saraki are not in good terms. So senate President is making unneccessary noise about it.

There is no illegality in what d presidency did. No law was broken. He may have missed some protocol in doing it, no single law was broken.

As a member of Nigeria masses, I know when things is done for the interest of d masses. This case is clearly in d interest of d masses. I will rather focus on d nobility of the intention and action of the president, than focus on the technicality which is being overblown out of proportion in d senate by the senate president to protect himself from prosecution.

I have seen both version. They are almost 99% the same. The majoy difference is the reduction in Extravagance in the presidency in the new one.

THE BUDGET WAS SUBMITTED TO BOTH SENATE AND HOUSE OF REP. HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER SAID NOTHING IS MISSING WHY IS SENATE PRESIDENT MAKING ALL THE NOISE

164 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by chiedu7: 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
[size=14pt]B00hari is an absolute fraud.[/size]

una don forget say una president said he will make
₦1 = $1
Maybe he really meant I will make ₦1000 = $1

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by moscobabs(m): 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
lol.. impeach? wailers will not stop wailing

waiting for PDP senator to raise the idea

16 Likes

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Agwoden(m): 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
They needed a President with bread label certificate. Lol

15 Likes

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by moscobabs(m): 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
sameer1212:
Lmao...Joke of the year cheesy cheesy

in fact it funninly funny my bro. Seems some politicians don't think before they open their dirty mouths to say rubbish

14 Likes

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
asadike:
Thk u my igbo brother. We are d only people bold enough to speak d truth. We fear no foes and we dont care whether d Daura President is hurt or not. D truth is bitter but someone have to say it. Buhari should resign with immediate effect. Corruption fighting corruption. Ndi ara
Lol...single shame una no get. You still they brag after you guys has been render useless as far as National politics is concern. Dude the earlier you Igbos realise that your votes don't count anymore in this country the better. cheesy

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
moscobabs:

in fact it funninly funny my bro. Seems some politicians don't think before they open their dirty mouths to say rubbish
I tell you Lol.. You should know its people from the other side na. No one take them serious anymore in this country. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
sameer1212:
Lol...single shame una no get. You still they brag after you guys has been render useless as far as National politics is concern. Dude the earlier you Igbos realise that your votes don't count anymore in this country the better. cheesy
Isi odi kwa gi nma? Who is talking of votes here? If you dont have anything good to say about your tribe,so be it. yes, if we can boldly speak out against that tyrant of a president, then we dont have shame. And why are u laughing with a toothless mouth?

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by cktheluckyman: 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
sameer1212:
Well go and ask Gbajabiamilla what igbo votes did to him

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
asadike:
Isi odi kwa gi nma? Who is talking of votes here? If you dont have anything good to say about your tribe,so be it. yes, if we can boldly speak out against that tyrant of a president, then we dont have shame. And why are u laughing with a toothless mouth?
Lol...plss can you tell me why you hate this government so much?

4 Likes

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Well go and ask Gbajabiamilla what igbo votes did to him
Lol.. So for your mind,na Igbo votes gave Dogara speaker abi? Bros you can lie o undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Chubhie: 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Apc don burst my belle with laughs.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
IBB was right to remove this lunatic from office in 1985

However we don't have or want another IBB or coup de tat

Nigerians must rise and sack this lunatic before it is too late. Campaign and ask the NASS to impeach Buhari for breaking the constitutions and disregarding the rule of law!!!

The list is growing longer and longer. If we allow this lunatic settle down Nigeria will definitely slide into full blown dictatorship

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by texazzpete(m): 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
asadike:

But these people - and you too! - kept quiet when GEJ and his allies were running the country aground.

You will continue to complain from now until 2019 cheesy

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by bright007(f): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
With APC as the majority in the national assembly, this motion is dead on arrival

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by dunkem21(m): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by freedom96: 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Uche Secondus ko Uche Thirdus ni undecided

Egbon uche,if u want the presidency come and collect it......nd see how DSS go scatter that ur flat head there cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by saintkel(m): 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
If I we're PDP I will distance myself from anything PMB n APC: tits for tats don't always pay

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Feranchek(m): 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ndiara
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by epospiky(m): 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
duro
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by kayroy5(m): 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Impeach who? I laughed in Biafra Chuuuuuuukaaaaaa

2 Likes

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Whizkeey(m): 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Erm egbon PDP if u want d sit come and take it ehn

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Visits Olu Of Warri & Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (Photos) / Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? / Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.