Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses (4119 Views)

Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? / Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” / Fayose Wears Short Knickers To Sign The Budget (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by VintageCocktail(m): 4:47am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

What is wrong with a new version b4 d senate sat on it? The budget is made by d executive 4 senate to deliberate on. D executive amended it b4 senate start deliberation. So what is ur issue with that.
Better mail the mods to close this thread. This is embarrassing even to your fellow APC members, you are indirectly and directly sanctioning a high powered corruptive process.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by honfnj: 5:04am On Jan 15, 2016
Bigprozzie:

I hope you are not an IPOB Youth

The reason why I asked is because the full details of the amended budget is on the Ministry of Finance website and the details made FP earlier this evening

While we commend Buhari for listening to the criticism from Nigerians, I will advise that he ensures that there is internal scrutiny of future policy documents before they are made public.

We need professionalism at the presidency
Foolishness runs in ur vein...
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by tafrica(m): 5:20am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

What is wrong with a new version b4 d senate sat on it? The budget is made by d executive 4 senate to deliberate on. D executive amended it b4 senate start deliberation. So what is ur issue with that.

Open your brains, even if Buhari budgeted 0 naira for himself in the new budget, he committed a crime for going behind the door to steal the old budget and presented a new one. He presented the budget openly, any withdrawal ought to be done with the knowledge of the public and the NASS, but Buhari stole it. Tell me how that should be commended.

And for the amended budget, did u see how much was budgeted for kitchen, wildlife, tyres, and even how much Fayemi would use to update a website?

You're not a well informed Nigerian, you just listened to 'beer parlour' gist and came to Nairaland to spit rubbish.

NONSENSE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by kenny987(f): 6:19am On Jan 15, 2016
That's a very rude way of responding to a simple question. Your first line alone reveals ur mindset n thought processes as riddled with bias. Would it have killed u to go straight to the point and tell d person that the budget has been posted on d website of the budget office? How does that relate to IPOB or any particular tribe?

Bigprozzie:

I hope you are not an IPOB Youth

The reason why I asked is because the full details of the amended budget is on the Ministry of Finance website and the details made FP earlier this evening

While we commend Buhari for listening to the criticism from Nigerians, I will advise that he ensures that there is internal scrutiny of future policy documents before they are made public.

We need professionalism at the presidency

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:31am On Jan 15, 2016
StarCj:
hmmmmm
pls post with facts, 2014 n 2015 budgets. did us 1billion for aso feeding?

pls show us link where u saw d new budget that is missing.

or did PMB stole it
You can't spell. Your Grammar is atrocious and I can't for the life of me determine what the hell you're trying to say. You come across as a 3rd Grade dropout. Budget, Policies, and Governance are beyond your scope and could blow your brain. Go back to preaching hate and idiocy.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by kenny987(f): 6:34am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

It is not illegal. D document is d president budget. The president is d author. As long as NASS has not worked on it, he can ammend it. Nothing wrong in amending it. Maybe he erroneously did not follow protocol, but he did not break any law.

Don't defend the indefensible please! The President is the author and should have done his homework at home. There are some things that should ordinarily admit no margin for error or incompetence and the National Budget is one of them. We shouldn't have even been confronted with such carelessness and corruption as evinced by the first one submitted!

To further rubbish the integrity of the document as well as the offices of the Presidency and the NASS by this drama of the document being declared missing and all manner of stories afterwards smacks of ineptitude and confusion! That also clearly shows that despite the so called Change mantra, all the conduit pipes for corruption and theft are still actively in use!

It is absolutely wrong to have withdrawn or nicked the Budget without a formal statement or press release to that effect taking cognisance of public outcry against the blatant theft presented in gargantuan proportions for passage into law. Once it had been formally presented, it ought as well to have been formally withdrawn with the people duly informed! Don't be so simple minded to think that since it was withdrawn before the NASS deliberated then it's alright. It is the height of illegality! Do u not see the confusion already being caused where u have different versions of the budget submitted and d Senate is forced to choose one? Should that be happening?

Say the truth...if this happened under GEJ u would have been one of the loudest critics with tags like clueless and how he drank too much and didn't know what he was doing! Now is not the time for kid glove approach because u are an ardent political supporter of GMB. Firm criticism doesn't stop u from being in love. It only shows u are aware and alert, not a zombie completely sold out!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 15, 2016
kenny987:

Don't defend the indefensible please! The President is the author and should have done his homework at home. There are some things that should ordinarily admit no margin for error or incompetence and the National Budget is one of them. We shouldn't have even been confronted with such carelessness and corruption as evinced by the first one submitted!

To further rubbish the integrity of the document as well as the offices of the Presidency and the NASS by this drama of the document being declared missing and all manner of stories afterwards smacks of ineptitude and confusion! That also clearly shows that despite the so called Change mantra, all the conduit pipes for corruption and theft are still actively in use!

It is absolutely wrong to have withdrawn or nicked the Budget without a formal statement or press release to that effect taking cognisance of public outcry against the blatant theft presented in gargantuan proportions for passage into law. Once it had been formally presented, it ought as well to have been formally withdrawn with the people duly informed! Don't be so simple minded to think that since it was withdrawn before the NASS deliberated then it's alright. It is the height of illegality! Do u not see the confusion already being caused where u have different versions of the budget submitted and d Senate is forced to choose one? Should that be happening?

Say the truth...if this happened under GEJ u would have been one of the loudest critics with tags like clueless and how he drank too much and didn't know what he was doing! Now is not the time for kid glove approach because u are an ardent political supporter of GMB. Firm criticism doesn't stop u from being in love. It only shows u are aware and alert, not a zombie completely sold out!

Nobody is disputing d fact it wasnt properly done. But House of Rep never complained. It was also presented to house of rep. Senate alone does not make up NASS.

My post is more on the fact that the president made adjusted base o d masses request.
Only d presidency knew why they choose to do it d way they did.

There is no illegality in d Act. No law was broken. Yes, proper protocol wasnt followed. But no law was broken.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 15, 2016
Daintelectual:

The right thing to do is write and formally withdraw it and not present a new budget!

My post have already address that as d perfect thing to do. That is why i said in my post it wasnt properly done.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 15, 2016
TyrantInAsoRock:

Chai

See perfect example of

"stupidity which featured gullibility "

I an not gullible at all. My post is draw attention to d nobility and motive of the new version rather focussing on technacalities that has no value on d live of Nigeria masses.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by calyx: 7:16am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

Nobody is disputing d fact it wasnt properly done. But House of Rep never complained. It was also presented to house of rep. Senate alone does not make up NASS.

My post is more on the fact that the president made adjusted base o d masses request.

There is no illegality in d Act. No law was broken. Yes, proper protocol wasnt followed. But no law was broken.

Oga the second version is already in public space. Go to BudgIT and see for yourself the comparison of the original and second version. The second version appears even worse than the first.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by tafrica(m): 7:17am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

The President can not choose to be corrupt and we keep silent. For a new budget to be smuggled in without the knowledge of Nigerians and the Senators portrays high level of corruption and disrespect to Nigerians. Presidency wants to officially present a version of Budget while it operates with another version. No one will complain if he had formally openly admitted the errors in the budget and then written to NASS for withdrawal, that was what we wanted when we condemned initial Budget of Yams.

And also the fact that REPs didn't complain doesn't make it right, even if Senates had accepted it, it still doesn't make it right. Corruption isn't justified becuase it is practised by the elites.

And Again, as for the revised Budget, it's still an outrageous and budget of Yams. Go and study it before you come here and ask us to sing Sai Baba.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 15, 2016
tafrica:

The President can not choose to be corrupt and we keep silent. For a new budget to be smuggled in without the knowledge of Nigerians and the Senators portrays high level of corruption and disrespect to Nigeria. Presidency wants to officially present a version of Budget while it operates with another version. No one will complain if he head formally openly admitted the errors in the budget and then written to NASS for withdrawal, that was what we wanted when we condemned initial Budget of Yams.

And also the fact that REP didn't complain doesn't make it right, even if Senates had accepted it, it still doesn't make it right. Corruption isn't justified becuase it is practised by the elites.

And Again, as for the revised Budget, it's still an outrageous and budget of Yams. Go and study it before you come here and ask us to sing Sai Baba.

But less outrageous than the first. I choose to focus on that. I have seen both.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by ckmayoca: 7:29am On Jan 15, 2016
Lolzzz. People like OP are thieves that steals and when they wanna swear , he will sneak to return what he stole and join people cursing the thief.
The presidency have to power to retrieve the budget, adjust and return but not smuggling it as it na answer booklet of olodo.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 15, 2016
ckmayoca:
Lolzzz. People like OP are thieves that steals and when they wanna swear , he will sneak to return what he stole and join people cursing the thief.
The presidency have to power to retrieve the budget, adjust and return but not smuggling it as it na answer booklet of olodo.

As i said, d whole issue is because of d president and saraki are not in good terms.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by drss(m): 7:32am On Jan 15, 2016
buari should be commended for stealing n doctoring national budget Do u know d implication of presenting two versions of d budget If buari has good intentions why didn't he follow d proper channel to retrieve d budget for correction U only hear dis in a banana republic.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by calyx: 7:33am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

But less outrageous than the first. I choose to focus on that. I have seen both.

No you can'tc choose to focus on misinformation.

Where the president reduced the BMW budget from N3.4 bn in 1st version to N340mn in 2nd, he added an outrageous N3.9bn for maintenance of the villa in 2016 in the 2nd version...for a villa that was just tastefully refurbished. In addition, he added a N795mill website update for solid minerals ministry in 2nd version amongst others.

How is the 2nd one better
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 15, 2016
drss:
buari should be commended for stealing n doctoring national budget Do u know d implication of presenting two versions of d budget If buari has good intentions why didn't he follow d proper channel to retrieve d budget for correction U only hear dis in a banana republic.

There can be 10 versions. It does not make much difference It is not a legal document yet. It is just a request or proposal. It is not Yet the 2016 appropriation until it is signed into law by both house of rep and senate.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by tafrica(m): 7:35am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

See your post, so we should hail the president reducing the frauds in d budgte but wtill went with the outrageous amounts?
Nigeria can never be redeemed for this mentality.

Commend Buhari for what?
budgeting N795M+ for Min of Mineral resources website updates?

Hundreds of million for wildlife as against what we had last year?

N104M+ for refreshment and meals?

Hundreds of millions for tyres? Do you know how much Stellah Oduah was attacked for? She bought cars for N200M+, here our CHANGE Govt also wants to buy tyres for pretty over one hundred Million Naira.

Seriously, I don't know what is there to celebrate in this drama if not for your sycophancy.
Is it the revised buget itself that still contains many yams to be eaten, or the fraudulent process of smuggling in new budget without Nigerians' or Senates' knowledge.

Buhari has proven to be a fraud, you can't spin it.

I wish MOD could move this to FP so you would see your foolery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by ckmayoca: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2016
The presidency have to power to retrieve the budget, adjust and return but not smuggli.ng it as it na answer booklet of olodo.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by ckmayoca: 7:39am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

As i said, d whole issue is because of d president and saraki are not in good terms.

And that is why they should make mockery of the giant of Africa to the whole world to see?
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 15, 2016
ckmayoca:

And that is why they should make mockery of the giant of Africa to the whole world to see?

Senate president is to blame. He could have handled it better.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Johnrake69: 8:00am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

As far as I know. The only cry of the masses from time immemorial have been the issue of high cost of governance and the current budget your masturbating on didn't address. Or if it did how can you justify the increase in the Presidency's budget from #20,085,865,120 in 2015, to #39,124,978,811 in 2016? And before you spew another rubbish, the aforementioned figures are currently sitting on the site of the budget office of the federation.

And if I got you right, we should applaud him for inflating the budget. Apc zombie!
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Johnrake69: 8:07am On Jan 15, 2016
calyx:

No you can'tc choose to focus on misinformation.

Where the president reduced the BMW budget from N3.4 bn in 1st version to N340mn in 2nd, he added an outrageous N3.9bn for maintenance of the villa in 2016 in the 2nd version...for a villa that was just tastefully refurbished. In addition, he added a N795mill website update for solid minerals ministry in 2nd version amongst others.

How is the 2nd one better

Thanks for the response

My guy are you sure its not lie Mohammed that is behind that moniker, tuale4u?

The guy is so stupid, foolish, ignorant and dumb.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 15, 2016
Johnrake69:

Thanks for the response

My guy are you sure its not lie Mohammed that is behind that moniker, tuale4u?

The guy is so stupid, foolish, ignorant and dumb.

There is nothing dumb in my post. U guys are always looking for trivialities to feed on and overblown out of proportion.

I chose to focus on d positive than d negative
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by tafrica(m): 8:12am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

I think at this stage, you irredeemably stupid. Blaming a senate president for voicing out when he saw two versions of Budget when one didn't pass through the right channel?

Did he write any of them?
Was he wrong to insist NASS would only go with the budget presented by Buhari, unless Buhari comes to present the new one himself?

Where was Saraki wrong.

You're a goat and zombie. Nigeria has no hope in people like you that celebrate corruption perpetrated by a certain class.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by ehissi(m): 8:17am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

It is not illegal. D document is d president budget. The president is d author. As long as NASS has not worked on it, he can ammend it. Nothing wrong in amending it. Maybe he erroneously did not follow protocol, but he did not break any law.

You sound just like the fellow that defended clinton at a time during the monica lewinsky scandal!!

Mr president did not lie; he never had. S E XX with her!! For crying out loud he didn't penetrate her, it was just Fell-atio, simple cunnilingus that's all!! He should be commended for being open, matured and honest about it...........grin

Meanwhile!! "Buhari's Aide gave us fake Budget"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/buharis-aide-gave-us-fake-2016-budget-senate/
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2016
ehissi:

You sound just like the fellow that defended clinton at a time during the monica lewinsky scandal!!

Mr president did not lie; he never had. S E XX with her!! For crying out loud he didn't penetrate her, it was just Fell-atio, simple cunnilingus that's all!! He should be commended for being open, matured and honest about it...........grin

At the end of d day, Clintom is regarded as the best America president in the last 28years.

I understand ur satire, i chose to ignore it.

i believe the America Senate did d right thing by using dis argument to stop his impeachment
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by kenny987(f): 8:46am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

I an not gullible at all. My post is draw attention to d nobility and motive of the new version rather focussing on technacalities that has no value on d live of Nigeria masses.

So it should be glossed over? If they'd made an official statement of apology thereby taking responsibility for their actions then they can get whatever accolades u wish to heap on them. Why should such rubbish even happen? It tells the world that the current government under GMB is one that is unserious and inept, given to criminal activities and hoping it goes unseen.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by kenny987(f): 8:51am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

Was it the Senate President that have d initial statement that it is missing? That was Ali Ndume.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 15, 2016
kenny987:

So it should be glossed over? If they'd made an official statement of apology thereby taking responsibility for their actions then they can get whatever accolades u wish to heap on them. Why should such rubbish even happen? It tells the world that the current government under GMB is one that is unserious and inept, given to criminal activities and hoping it goes unseen.

I am not against that. My only concern is the motive for the adjustment. That is what i am more concern about. Every other thing is grammar. Nothing more than that.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses by tafrica(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

I am not against that. My only concern is the motive for the adjustment. That is what i am more concern about. Every other thing is grammar. Nothing more than that.

The motive for adjustment isn't for good governance but to reduce public outrage. Has the whole money budgetted for presidency reduced from the previous one? NO.

Buhari is playing this drama of smuggling in the new budget so as to conveniently deny the earlier circulated copy. Let him formally write to withdraw the old one and then replace with the new one. He can't just by-pass the process of protocol like that.

This corruption at its best and we'll continue to condemn it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Delivered Oyo- Ogbomosho End Of The Ilorin-ibadan Expressway / Anioma Group Blasts Apc’s Lauretta Onochie For Ill-fated Article Press Release / Nigeria Government Secretly Launches New N5,000 And N2,000 Notes - Mr Lekki Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.