Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! (9112 Views)

My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed... / If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? / My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by goodguy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2005
You'r welcome.
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by loveth(f): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2005
goodguy i thank you also.
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by otokx(m): 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2005
what do you mean by church? is it the building or an organization?
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by loveth(f): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2005
Church is the congregation.
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by goodguy(m): 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2005
loveth:

goodguy i thank you also.
You're welcome also. wink
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by loveth(f): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2005
I need to speak with somebody. tongue(and who will that be )
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by CimonJorr(m): 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2005
about what ??
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by adesodgi(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2005
about church i tfink !
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by legovo(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2005
Hey !
maybe u go 2 church or not,
never try 2 be ur self,
but,
always be yuor very self.
2 Xcel !
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by prettyH(f): 6:22pm On Nov 21, 2005
legovo, does church stop u from being yourself?

IAH, guess no matter what is said, u'll do as u pls. if u say u pray in your room while others r in church, my dear good for u. then continue praying that God shows u the way. He never leads his children astray.
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by chrisd(m): 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2005
I have to agree with her a bit. But sometimes it is because one has not found a church to belong. Is difficult to find a church sometimes that helps you.

HOW TO CHOOSE A CHURCH TO ATTEND

Don't choose a church by its social prestige, architecture, or type of music. Instead:

1* Look for sincere devotion to Christ and a clear sense of what is important in Christianity.
2* Look for a church that will give you the instruction and fellowship that you need in your own spiritual growth.
3* Look for a church in which you can worship God sincerely and effectively.
4* Look for a church in which you can serve as well as be served.
5* Avoid churches whose Christianity has been watered down to accommodate non-Christian lifestyles.
6* Avoid churches whose faith has degenerated into secular political activism (either right- or left-wing).
7* Avoid churches that don't do anything to help people in need or to make the world a better place. (In a spiritually mature church, this kind of activity is often behind the scenes, out of the public eye. You may have to inquire about it.)
8* Avoid churches that manipulate you by making you doubt your salvation. God is not a bureaucrat who sets up hoops for you to jump through! Remember, it's him saving you, not the other way around.

Hope it helps

2 Likes

Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by Rhodalyn(f): 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2006
im a christian toooooooo but i dont go to church embarassed

1 Like

Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by Reverend(m): 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2006
Sometimes, not going to church can give you a clearer vision of your faith. You can make your own mind up about what is wrong and right without being influenced by a preacher who's interpretation of God's word maybe a little distant from reality!

1 Like

Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by Jackie24: 5:46am On Mar 29, 2006
I have always felt this way, I don't condem you for it, but remember Jesus tells us that whenever there is a gathering or 3 or more in his name, he is there. It is powerful to stand together for Jesus.

1 Like

Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by gbadex1(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2006
much ado about nothing.

y'all should forgive me if i sound rude, but threads like this are useless. if you (IAH) had decided in your heart not to go to church and plug your ears with cotton wool so as not to listen to what others have to say, then what's the use and point in creating this thread? the only thing i can do for you is pray that God makes you see the light. se finni.

let me give you some advice: read your Bible for more clarification and then seek counselling from what you're running away from: the church. or seek counsel from matured Christians.

end of story. 'nuff said
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by Matured26(m): 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2007
Could not help but laugh when I read your post.
Let me beg you-It's the greatest dellusion christians are falling into now.
The faith grows stronger when the right people are beside you to share it.
Think abt that
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by Elgaxton(m): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2008
IAH,

Seun's take on this question of yours remains the best,

If u really follow the bible like u said you do then you should know that pastors ,

apostles etc are appointed for the perfection of the saint, Eph 4:11

This aint gonna happen in ur house/room but in a local assembly right? wink
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by bluehorizo(m): 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2008
Reverend:

Sometimes, not going to church can give you a clearer vision of your faith. You can make your own mind up about what is wrong and right without being influenced by a preacher who's interpretation of God's word maybe a little distant from reality!

I concur
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by kolaoloye(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2008
Rhodalyn:

im a christian toooooooo but i don't go to church embarassed

Faith comes by hearing and hearing and hearing and hearing again and again.
Good church empowers you on daily basis.No wonder David said he was so happy
when he was asked to go to the house of God.
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 13, 2013
Bump. Because I think believers are still passing through this.
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by mahdino: 1:58pm On May 16, 2013
IAH: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need No Church!

I'm a Christian but I'm saying Goodbye to all churches. I don't need one.

Is there anything wrong with that? Can't I worship God in my room? Why do people think I'm not a serious Christian because I've chosen to stop going to church? Why must they try to drag me to church? Is it compulsory? Won't God answer my prayers in my room or would I go to hell because I have no church?

I don't want to live by the doctrines/dictates of a human being like me who calls himself a Pastor. I just want to follow Jesus. Somebody tell me what's wrong with that?
. You are right brother. People are playing and interpolating the bible, they only quote the changed places in the bible where it favours them. Get the red letter bible, there You wiill see what Jesus says and anybody who follows only the master (JESUS) can not help been a muslim
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by brocab: 11:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
Why should you go to Church, myself a like, going to Church can drag someone down, with all the corruption, the lies, the gossips, the back stabbers, the judges, the dislikes, doesn't support people to stay.
Churches can be like walking into a school yard, and how can a child think of the goods things in life, when one is being bullied.
The Lord says if they don't listen to you, wipe your feet and walk the other way. Mark 6:11
Matthew 18:20 "Jesus said: when two or three are gathered in My name, He is in the mist of them.
Many Churches don't even preach the word of God anymore, but rather twist the word' preaching another gospel that's unscriptural, asking for tithes that doesn't belong to them.
1 Timothy 6:5 "Men of corrupted minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a way to make financial Gain, From such withdraw yourselves.
So you withdrawed yourself, and that made a difference in you-so why should you go to Church?
IAH:
I'm a Christian But I Don't Need No Church!

I'm a Christian but I'm saying Goodbye to all churches. I don't need one.

Is there anything wrong with that? Can't I worship God in my room? Why do people think I'm not a serious Christian because I've chosen to stop going to church? Why must they try to drag me to church? Is it compulsory? Won't God answer my prayers in my room or would I go to hell because I have no church?

I don't want to live by the doctrines/dictates of a human being like me who calls himself a Pastor. I just want to follow Jesus. Somebody tell me what's wrong with that?
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by brocab: 5:36am On Jan 19, 2016
IAH is listening, She's listening to you wring.
gbadex1:
much ado about nothing.

y'all should forgive me if i sound rude, but threads like this are useless. if you (IAH) had decided in your heart not to go to church and plug your ears with cotton wool so as not to listen to what others have to say, then what's the use and point in creating this thread? the only thing i can do for you is pray that God makes you see the light. se finni.

let me give you some advice: read your Bible for more clarification and then seek counselling from what you're running away from: the church. or seek counsel from matured Christians.

end of story. 'nuff said
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by brocab: 5:42am On Jan 19, 2016
Ok lets speak against your creator, what's his name-Lucifer.
NduGod:
this forum is becoming unbecoming. Michelin89 said she dosen't believe in God. am becoming afride of some of the members of this forum. l have said this before, let not bring religion issues here less we speak against our creator.
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by brocab: 5:44am On Jan 19, 2016
Maybe your the right person to speak too?
Someone who haven't a clue what everyone is talking about-I suppose it would be safer taken my broken down car to a carpenter, then a mechanic.
Matured26:
Could not help but laugh when I read your post.
Let me beg you-It's the greatest dellusion christians are falling into now.
The faith grows stronger when the right people are beside you to share it.
Think abt that
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by brocab: 5:58am On Jan 19, 2016
DON'T LET RELIGION GET IN YOUR WAY
alheri:
Let us pray: our father,who art in heaven,hallowed be thy name,thy kingdom come,thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven,give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us,and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil,for thy is the kingdom,the power and the glory for ever and ever, AMEN. I want God to forgive me becos i think I have sinned by reading some of ur comments.

Na wa oh.
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by brocab: 8:43am On Jan 19, 2016
We are the body, and the body works in different ways, without it the pastor can't function.
If IAH is building her faith, without Going to a Church, then support her, she maybe preaching, that you aren't doing enough off.
Jesus said: go out unto all the nations making disciples of all men, baptising them into the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Luke 8:21 "Jesus also said those who listen to His word and does them, these are He's Mother and brothers.
Also when two or three are gathered in His name, He is in the mist of them.
Attending a Church at the start of some ones new Christian walk, yes, I agree. Churches are to be used as a base where people can learn how to be a Christian, learn why the Lord had called us into His kingdom, learn the gifts of wisdom and knowledge.
With the Spirit of God working in each of us, From the milk we once had, the Holy Spirit had anointed us with solid food, that fills our hearts with the love of God, He gives us a discernment between good and evil. Churches are used by God to teach and equip the saints of Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-12"Some Pastors, Some Evangelist, Some apostles, Some prophets, Some teachers. For the perfecting for the work of the ministry for the edifying of the body of Christ.
We are trained to go out and spread the gospel, and if IAH is doing just that, then she is doing what the Lord had written, go out unto all the nations making disciples of all men, baptising them in the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
The problem with this is we have two many critic's, and every critic always find themselves arguing against their follow believer.
So one may ask, how long do you need to be fed, before you decide to take your stand?

goodguy:

I answered you the same way you asked. You said, "Is it compulsory?" and I answered, "Yes, it is." If you had asked, "Why must I go to church", I would have given you the answer u're demanding now.

Congrats! But that shouldn't be an excuse for not going to church anyway.

If you're talking about your own church, then go to another church! There are several other denominations.. If you really want to gain something in church, you will. It all depends on you. For those of us that go to church every sunday, we know what we gain.

If you are a woman of God, then you should be working in HIS VINEYARD (CHURCH).

Why not? Look, I know where you're heading to ok? This is not a case of doing with or without a pastor. There must always be a HEAD in every place, whom you'll have no choice but to abide by his doctrines. Note that pastors are men of God and in most cases, whatever they decide is usually approved by God so who are you to say you can't live by their doctrines? (That's more or less like saying u can't obey God).

Exactly how I said it. If you can't live by the doctrines of a human being who's meant to be head over you in church, then I doubt if you'll live by the doctrines of the human being who's meant to be head over you at home. (your husband i mean). cool

Everything is! The solution to your problem lies within you.

I was making the announcement for those who aren't aware.. duhh! tongue
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by Tampinu(m): 2:08am On Jan 20, 2016
loveth:
It is not possible for somebody to be a christian w/o going to church.If you are not going to church,who then tell you are a christian,how do you know you are a christian.May be the person seem himself to live a holy life,that one is different.for you to call your self a christian,you must have undergone some certain stages,apart from undergoing such stages the person is just only a holy life liver in other word he is practising self righteousness and not a christian.
And remember the bible let us to understand that one should be cold or hot and not warm.Is either you be a christian or you be an idol worshipper,and not putting one leg in christiandom by calling himself a christian and also putting the other leg in idol worshipping by not going to any church.
It is never done anywhere.

I hear what you are saying and I'm in exactly the same situation. I consider salvation to be an individual quest, although I also recognise that we can be collectively saved too (as in the days of Moses). My concern is that there's too much wickedness going on in the so-called churches so I have resorted to consulting GOD individually and directly, though I enjoy sharing ideas and vibes with like-minded 'Christians'.
Like the Honorary Rober Nesta marley once stated in his song "Zimbabwe":

"Everyone has a RIGHT to decide his own destiny; but in this judgment there is no partiality!".

Peace smiley
Re: I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! by brocab: 5:12am On Jan 20, 2016
With the above heading, I am also one who don't fellowship in Churches, and of course we have our reasons why?
I found while attending the many Churches I had stayed with, everything always starts from the top-I have witnessed it myself the head pastors leading the body of Christ into a raging nightmare-Churches such as these' are like walking into a school yard, expecting a child to think the good things in life, while that child's being bullied.
Most pastors believe once in power they can say and do, what they please, mocking the Church, while the Church does "nothing".
One pastor said: he can fly through 3 states in one day, from breakfast till dinner-while those who refuse to pay tithes retrieve none.

Many Churches act on these same principles, {as the school yard continual's} the word of God isn't preached. Pastor's are known to be bullies in Church. After selling their souls for a price, controlled by the Government authorities, gaining schools, books, uniforms etc.. Church are organised worldly business that's controlled under the Government untaxable clarity acts. The word of God is led by the authorities above, hiding behind the word of God-twisting the scriptures for their own selfish financial gains. {Money} Not just the prosperity preachers, but all preachers who have chosen to follow suit under this condemnation, Building mega homes, Churches, businesses, planes, etc.. all untaxable.
1 Timothy 6:3-5 "If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud knowing nothing, but obsessed with disputes and arguments over words which comes envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wrangling, men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is the means of gain.
This courses Judgement, Gossips, back stabbers, busybodies, haters, jealousy, Condemnation, within the body etc.. All classed as bullies.

As part of the body of Christ, I believe we are not separated from the word of God, Its a choice to make your decision, We either believe in the truth, study the truth, learn about the truth, accepting Jesus into our hearts becoming a born again Christian, which is the key to our success in Christ.. Knowing His truth by seeking His kingdom believing that God had raised Jesus from the dead, is enough to know who the true believers are, nothing else matters.

Since I have left the Church my-Spiritual inter-being has gained 100%, I am forever more learning either on this forum, listening to you, or I search for the scriptures written else where.
And we must all remember, by their fruits you will know who the true Christians are..

Going to Church doesn't mean you are a Christian.
Jesus Christ is Lord.
Amen....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South African Church Where Pastor Strips Members During Prayer (PHOTO) / If Lucifer Is The "Bringer Of Light",...why Then Is He The Bad One ? / 6 Signs Of A Toxic 'Apostle'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.