Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,777,272 members, 6,617,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 December 2021 at 06:11 AM

"Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene (4962 Views)

Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 / 8 Nigerian Collabos That Will Totally Rock The Music Scene / Da Capo Is Back With A Bang! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by smoothjazz(m): 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2005
http://www.gospelcity.com/dynamic/industry-articles/industry_news/286

This rapper is twice a phenomenon. He's one of the young Nigerians to watchout for in 2006. If you have listened to Styl Plus' "Olufunmi" remix version, Emmanuel "Da Capo" Edili did the rap for the song. I'm eagerly awaiting his 2nd album "Simply Da Capo". No. 1 fan. Any fans out there? Holla!
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by layi(m): 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2005
I love the guy. Tite rhymes tite delivery on d song "olufunmi (remix)". Does he have an album out already? shocked
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by smoothjazz(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2005
He's busy on his next album titled Simply Da Capo, it is highy anticipated. Inside sources say some radio DJs in the States who've heard some of the tracks "duffed their hats". We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by layi(m): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2005
Whats his website?
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by smoothjazz(m): 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2005
I don't know if he has one yet, but I'm sure they're working on it.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by Oracle(m): 11:40pm On Nov 07, 2005
men this is a topic im the greatest fan of that guy
when i listened to the remix of OLUFUNMI i said
"WHO THE HELL IS THIS" If u really listen to that song
I mean listen to the words of his rap u'll know he's loaded
i even learnt the entire rap
well itz interesting to know he's got an album coming
thanx for this info im gonna look out for it (the album)

Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by smoothjazz(m): 12:15am On Nov 08, 2005
Oracle that is not the CD Cover, is it?
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by theORAKU(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2005
da CAPO is quite tite. lyrically and delivery.
We need guys like that in the naija rap industry.

Learnt he has an album already. do u know its title?
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by chum(m): 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2005
Smoothjazz you are not sure of what you are saying.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by smoothjazz(m): 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2005
chum:

Smoothjazz you are not sure of what you are saying.

Not sure about what precisely? I know that Da Capo has only released one album so far titled God Tha Fatha. On the CD cover he was dress as a Mafia Don. This was sometime in the late 90s in Naija. However he has rapidly matured as a lyricist and a performer that I dare say he's probably Naija's best offering as far as rap is concerned. To the best of my knowledge, his second album has not been released. It will debut in the US first.

theORAKU if you have any new info please feel free to post. Cheers.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by smoothjazz(m): 10:53pm On Nov 09, 2005
I hear Da Capo has updated and re-released in first album in the United States. The new album, Simply Da Capo is receiving rave reviews.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by star(f): 9:24am On Nov 10, 2005
When I heard Olufunmi remix. I thought like-- Who is this guy and wwere is he coming from. never saw him nor heard of him before. He is the best rapper we have in the country...just flows and confident-
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by theORAKU(m): 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2005
@star ".... He is the best rapper we have in the country...just flows and confident"

shine shine bobo, he is good, but aint the best.

He aint better than rugged or mode9.

he is good shaa.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by alheri(f): 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2005
ive known da capo since like 98. he's actually a gospel rap artiste dat y people dont really know him.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by emtienG(m): 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2005
We go way back, he is a cousin. The guy was always an expert with musical instruments. He won some accolades back then. He was very good on the xylophone and keyboard. Like you said he is into gospel. But he's got something you cant find everywhere in Nigeria. The guy's got passion and brings excellence into everything he does. I'm so glad to see this post about him.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by Swish(m): 3:11am On Nov 29, 2005
i had the pleasure of actually meeting sometime in 2003 at a studio where a friend worked. He got stuff. He knows his music and what he wants to achieve. Great songwriter as well. Loves using basslines for old school hits. graet guy. humble dude.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by Oracle(m): 2:55am On Jul 20, 2006
Itz been a while people posted on this topic smiley
anyway the capo is really tight
smoothjazz:

Oracle that is not the CD Cover, is it?
No it definitely isn't, Itz a pic i just found
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by hoodboi(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2006
da capo is simply hiphop.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by Oracle(m): 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2006
Not just simply but strictly hip hop cool cool
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by diddy4(m): 12:36am On Jul 21, 2006
is his album out yet?
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by Oracle(m): 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2006
For those who don't really know him or heard him rap
you can watch Olufunmi remix

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zQE6VMLNgpw
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by popem: 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2007
Hey u plp, Heard dacapo was nominated for the stellar award, you can find that in this site http://www.gospelcity.com/dynamic/industry-articles/industry_news/340/. under categories 23 and 24. you have to scroll thru to be able to see it.

http://www.yourmusiczone.com/go/ymz/news_more/stellar_awards_winners_announced/ u can find the winnershere. though he didn't win but I heard he had a great perfomance. He shook America in the award.

you could also read abit about him from this site

http://www.gospelcity.com/dynamic/industry-articles/industry_news/286

The guy is gooddddddddddd, can't wait for his album to come out. I think he already released some singles, should soon be in the radio stations. grin
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by oyinboaja: 12:53pm On Jan 29, 2007
na wa oh
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by KarlNova(m): 2:11pm On Feb 26, 2007
I have known Da Capo from waaaaaaaaaay back when he was hustling and trying to put out his 1st album. This was in 1997. He came to Ikoyi Baptist show and blew us away. I was in a group called Tribe of The Most High. I am now part of an award winning gospel collective in the UK called GK Real go to www.myspace.com/gkreality

We are all Nigerians doing it big for the Lord over here and around the world

Also you can check me out at www.myspace.com/karlnova. 4 hot songs from yours sincerely!

I reckon I am of those best kept secrets that Nigerians need to know about! LOL!

Very soon we'll be launching in Nigeria so watch out!

Also since Da Capo is a friend I'll be collaborating with him soon!
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by ladebiXL: 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2007
I thought Da Capo did a song with TEHILA COMPANY a gospel group in nigeria.any seen or heard the song.
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by gbengaijot(m): 6:22pm On Mar 02, 2007
Karlnova, i know GK reallllllllll. I remember you guys performing at the festival of life in London Sometimes in 2006/05 if i am correct.

Man, how possible is it to hook up with you. we gotta small youth forum here in Manchester called integrity youths,

www.integrityouths.8m.net

Please buzz me an email on gbenga@naijabrains.com
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by KarlNova(m): 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2007
cool! I will get our managment to holla at you! or you can holla at: lanre@gkreal.com

peace!
www.myspace.com/gkreality
www.myspace.com/karlnova
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by Mamaj: 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2007
Hi plp,

U can get to hear Dacapo's latest songs on this website and also subscribe to his blog. This connects u directly to him wink grin

http://www.myspace.com/manudacapo
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by Mamaj: 11:38am On Mar 09, 2007
Hi Ladebixl,

Yes DaCapo did a song with Tehillah company though he wasn't the one on the video becuase i heard he had left the country before the video was done. He also wrote the songs and produced the album for Tehillah [first album, coz another one is on the way now]. I have seen and also heard the song. {wonderful songs] Incase you are interested in the cd [1st album], you can contact house on the rock church Abuja for info on how to get the cd.
grin
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by busygirl(f): 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2007
I luv da capo 2 d bone. D guy is tight
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by patwilly(m): 1:51pm On May 14, 2016
Where the hell is this guy. dude just disappeared like that..
Re: "Da Capo" A Nigerian Blazes the Trail on the US Music Scene by skitkid2(m): 4:34pm On May 14, 2016
This is not a club banger, but a song with plenty of messages to pass to those who care to download.
https://my.notjustok.com/track/91063/victor-lance-loving-you-my-way
Download, listen and share my new song. Am so excited about this new record. Download and find out why.

(1) (Reply)

Jay Z In Nigeria / Timaya's First Or Second Album? / Yummy By Justin Bieber Mp3 Is Out Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.