Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) (18590 Views)

CBN Fines Standard Chartered Bank N2bn For FX Infraction / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits / CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by Truckpusher(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
datola:

Buhari what? Na wa o for you people. These policies are that of the CBN whose head was appointed not by Buhari.

Every Truckpusher is an economist in the social media Nigeria.
And the zombies keep identifying themselves by themselves.
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by Alexander001(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
smartdude1:
What is the use??...when 1 doller to naira is 302....where will u get the dollars from
it's 297, bought dollar today.
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by JayJustus(m): 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
smartdude1:
What is the use??...when 1 doller to naira is 302....where will u get the dollars from

black market price...it's still officially 199...my mum sent me moneygram and the exchange rate was 200naira to 1usd... that's why CBN is looking to remove BDCs and replace with travelex...
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
oooopss:
Does that mean tuition for students can be paid now?
Tuition fee has always been allowed.
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by babasanti: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
GenBuhari:
Crude oil is selling $29 per barrel.

GEJ could not even pay salaries when it was $70 per barrel.

Thank God for Buhari , if PDP was still in power can you imagine the chaos?

ZoMbie
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
JayJustus:

black market price...it's still officially 199...my mum sent me moneygram and the exchange rate was 200naira to 1usd... that's why CBN is looking to remove BDCs and replace with travelex...

Try selling to banks...
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
JayJustus:

as a matter of fact most people comment on this issue without really understanding the true picture. Official dollar price has always been 197-99 recently and not 300. The 300 is just the black market price for those who are desperate to buy but does not fall within those allowed to buy from banks. The primary function of CBN is to regulate the demand and supply of money in the economy. Although the current CBN governor has fail to manage this properly.
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by oooopss(m): 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
makenzie:
Tuition fee has always been allowed.

Yet firstbank keeps telling me otherwise smh they say no dollars embarassed
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by erico2k2(m): 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
datola:

Buhari what? Na wa o for you people. These policies are that of the CBN whose head was appointed not by Buhari.

Don't be naive .it's his govt and responsible for the actions of the finance minister.
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by knightsTempler: 8:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
Inconclusive government, inconclusive economic policy.

Government by trail and error.

1 Like

Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by amp01(m): 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
datola:

Do the needful,blame GEJ...
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by banio: 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Djicemob:
Buhari nepa government undecided
Na real epileptic NEPA government. After they scamed us back to back with NEPA bill as W.A.E.C certificate
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
Alexander001:
it's 297, bought dollar today.

U can get it cheaper and regular nduu.si@gmail.com
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by Alexander001(m): 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
nduusi:

U can get it cheaper and regular nduu.si@gmail.com
Thanks for the offer.
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by grandstar(m): 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
sankky:
A policy that has already ruined the economy and also caused shortage of liquidity for which they blamed GEJ instead of cancelling the policy.
Anyway, its only because they calculated that most Nigerians are fools who will buy that cheap excuse and they were right.
Now that the dollar is N305, and the few Nigerians who see beyond their lies and deceit have shouted themselves hoarse, they want to reverse the stupid policy.
WHAT I DONT KNOW IS WHETHER THIS LATE REPENTANCE BY THESE UNREPENTANT LIARS WILL SAVE THIS ECONOMY NOW.
That is not the problem. CBN must devalue the rate from 197 to 230. This will bring the black marlet rate to about 235. CBN has however refused hence the madness. Soludo and Sanusi have both advised him but he no gree
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by ChristStriker(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
i am laughing so hard, the CBN thinks that we are children. Where will Nigerians get the foreign currency to deposit into their accounts before we even talk of transfers? The BDCs can no longer source FX from the CBN and we all know that the BDCs have been the suppliers of FX to Nigerians.

Why are we going around a circle for goodness sake?

1 Like

Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by ChristStriker(m): 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
grandstar:
That is not the problem. CBN must devalue the rate from 197 to 230. This will bring the black marlet rate to about 235. CBN has however refused hence the madness. Soludo and Sanusi have both advised him but he no gree

I hope you're not trying to blame the CBN governor here, you and I know that he cannot devalue the Naira without Buhari's approval and Buhari has said that he will not take the option of devaluation.
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by grandstar(m): 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
ChristStriker:

I hope you're not trying to blame the CBN governor here, you and I know that he cannot devalue the Naira without Buhari's approval and Buhari has said that he will not take the option of devaluation.

Then he should resign. That is what a principled technocrat does. Anyway, he also supports the policy. It was his idea to exclude 41 products from accessing the CBN for forex and not Buhari
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by donbigboy(m): 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
JayJustus:

Moneyram 200naira to 1$. That is amazing but western union has been paying me between 195.5 and 196 to 1$.
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by donbigboy(m): 11:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
docus:
does it also mean u can withdraw the dollar?

Yeah, you can withdraw dollar now from your dom acct.
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by JayJustus(m): 3:07am On Jan 17, 2016
donbigboy:

Moneyram 200naira to 1$. That is amazing but western union has been paying me between 195.5 and 196 to 1$.

why do you want them to pay you at black market price?? lol...that means they are going against the rule of CBN which pegs the dollar at < 200naira

moneygram at 200naira to 1 usd yes...my mum sent me money from Nigeria...
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by JayJustus(m): 3:09am On Jan 17, 2016
makenzie:
as a matter of fact most people comment on this issue without really understanding the true picture. Official doller price has always been 197-99 recently and not 300. The 300 is just the black market price for those who are desperate to but does not fall within those allowed to buy from banks. The primary function of CBN is to regulate the demand and supply of money in the economy. Although the current CBN governor has fail to manage this properly.

yes exactly... some people just make comments without having an iota of an idea of what is going on...I still use my cards to buy online and the rate is normal...but truth be told the CBN governor is as clueless as a gold fish
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by karo93: 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
Nigerians are really clueless... The earlier ban in deposit was to prevent dollarization of the economy(which was responsible for the earlier naira fall in the black market) .... Everyone was rushing to buy dollars because of fear of the future of the Naira... The ban stopped it. The ban was lifted because now you have no where to buy the dollars from....

Yeah I also bought dollars then at 250. I will deposit it now
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by Adesiji77: 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
meforyou1:
I mentioned obinoscopy and lalasticlala. That's why I said a similar topic. The FX deposit resumption policy came into effect before the FX transfer, but no thread created concerning it made front page.
No worries though. I'm not bothered one bit

That's ok.

@bolded: It did; in fact, two similar threads smiley

See https://www.nairaland.com/links/9
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
oooopss:

Yet firstbank keeps telling me otherwise smh they say no dollars embarassed
every bank has allocation just like BDC . I also approached fbn late December and was told they have exhausted. I just made my transfer yesterday at a reasonable rate
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by oooopss(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
makenzie:
every bank has allocation just like BDC . I also approached fbn late December and was told they have exhausted. I just made my transfer yesterday at a reasonable rate

i am yet to make the transfer... would appreciate any form of assistance whatsoever
Re: Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots) by Archangelhenrio(m): 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2016
Is it possible to make transfer from one domiciliary account to another?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get The Cheapest Clothes To Sell, Abroad Or Here In Naija? / Photos Of Nigerians On Twitter Calling For #endcrazycharges In Nigeria. / What Is The Cost Of A Liter Of Diesel In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.