Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power (2368 Views)

Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding / Watch Apc Rivers Unity Rally On Channels Tv Live. / Sng To Hold Another Rally On Saturday, January 21 At Ojota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by jesuseun1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2009
i watch the daystar church service online this morning.rev sam adeyemi,propose to the d members that a week day in july will b selected to hold a peaceful rally to the GOvernor office ,to express their mind on the power issue,that a message should be sent to the Govt in Abuja,that Lagos should be given the Go ahead to generate their power.he said the church has done enough prayers and fasting ,that dis is the tyme to take physical steps and actions to confront d ugly situation.

he said his church spent 56m on diesel yearly ,and he heard that a GSM company spent btw 800m to 1billion monthly on diesel.He said if the church start a protest like that other churches will follow suit and other religious group will do like wise and d govt will do somthing fast about it.

what do u think about this initiative ?
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by jesuseun1(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2009
i think this is a step in a right direction,evil will continue when d good men keep silence.its good dey are taking d lead.i think some selfish Nigerians are taken advantage of the situation,dey are makin trillions from diesel and gen importation.I pray that God arrest and expose them in jesus name.AS God expose Modekiah God will expose them in jesus name

if the church is spending 56m yearly,imagine all d other churches in Nigeria ,imagine what other companies will be spending on disel,and now imagine what each and everone is spending on diesel monthly,i spend close to 3k of fuel monthly,and only put on the gen for 4hrs FOR 4times in a week.its not possible for me to pay nepa bill of 3k if power is stable.AND COUPLE WITH the stress of puttin on the gen and mtce.

guys ,lets speak up .
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by vigasimple(m): 6:58pm On Jun 21, 2009
This is the begining of the future.

These are the sort of things churches, mosque and civil societies should be doing to get goverment to do something about the future of Nigeria.

There is also the issue of revenue collection for power company once is up and running. everybody has to pay their fair share.

In a good country (like Madam Nafdac will want us to believe) we would have a good opposition political parties that will challenge and outline the failures of the government and formulate plans and policies how they are going to do better. Unfortunately I am not sure we have such opposition parties(which are alternative government in waiting) Nigerian politics are deadly because of the trappings of office, power drunkeness and ability to steal in billions and getting away with it.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by REALTRUTH1: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2009
@Poster: As if Sam Adeyemi knows my mind,,,check the thread I just started yesterday,,,Nigerian Church leaders should lead theband wagon of protest that would bring definate change in the country,,,and not seeking titles from the society or politicians in Nigeria,,we need men of God in the spirit of Martin Luther King and Tunde Bakare to challenge the authorities,,,
Enough of prayers and fasting,,,its time for actions,,,common this is a welcome idea and new development,,,,

on a final note,,could you please let me have Daystar site so I can check up their services online too,,,God bless you man
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by jesuseun1(m): 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2009
www.daystarng.tv

can u imagine a country like south africa havin 45,000mwatts while Nigeria with 150m population is having about 2000mwatts,and because of the worldcup,S/A wants to add anoda 20,000mwatts.

fellow compatriots,wats really goin on wit Nigeria,something is seriously wrong with our leaders.i think this is develish 4 dem to put us in darkness.may God delivers us from darkness.

I think light is equal to development.for God to say let there be light in the beginning.thank God for the sunlight during the day,Our Govt would hav put us in total and complete darkness.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by deor03(m): 8:31pm On Jun 21, 2009
I am really interested in this protest, please when is the date? angry angry angry angry
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by doncaster(m): 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2009
Hehehehehe you guys should trade with caution ooh.

Anyway its a good move, weda it will yield any fruit or fall on deaf ear is for another thread.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by yewaman: 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2009
I have often wondered what the problem with PHCN is, but in recent times I come to the realization that the problem is more 'human' than any other thing, take for example just this last few day, in my area in Abeokuta we had power for almost three days, because Rt. Hon. Olademeji Bankole was at home the weekend, My argument is that let each state, generate their own source of power and bill accordingly.

I wish Daystar all the best, If church’s and business concerns spend so much, then you can imagine what private Individuals spend on their generating sets also.

More questions than answers.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by chidichris(m): 9:16pm On Jun 21, 2009
darkness is a symbol of evil while light represents good things.
being in the dark means a lot and could be linked with nigeria's backwardness.
we must appreciate the fact that some hiden powers must be behind this but the good news is that prayers and fastining have been in place.
i don't think that any normal nigerian will oppose this over due move.
my prayer is, everything that is not of God must be uprooted in our lives in the name of Jesus.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by jesuseun1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2009
THIS POWER PROB IS A SERIOUS issue,u can imagine a situation where u just have a baby,and u dont have gen set and d baby grew up in dat environment,where every where is dark in d nite,with a small lantern or candle light place somwhere.what do u think will happen to d mindset of d baby.If if the baby is taken out to anoda place where there is Light.

Having a Gen now is like having a T.V set,its a necessity now,and abnormal situation has become normal.its a pity,may god help us oooooo.
I notice that anytime we put on the gen,mostly in the Night ,my 4months baby countenance is very friendly.she smiles and look at the T.v with rapt attention.at least watching that T.V WILL help her in mental and psychological development.

even with adult,many pple are not active in the night again,and it has been discover that most inspiration and ideas comes in d middle of d nite where u wake up to put down d idea on paper,read a book or meditate on an idea or even pray.many just lay on their bed from 9pm to 5am in d morning without any inspiration in d nite.and dis go on and on.dis reduces productivity and performance.

may God help us.one day i believe darkness  will be over in our  land.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by jensinmi(m): 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2009
Sam Adeyemi??
Isn't that the guy on that AIT show Success, Power? Who keeps talking about how people should take their own future into their hands? I have to say I gbadun that guy. He is different from the rest of these Nigerian Pastors who are always preaching about paying tithe, plus fasting, and prayer as the solutions to all our problems. Whatever happened to works?? Whatever happened to Action. I'm interested in this march o. Now if only more churches joined. I hope this catches on. Imagine if some of those larger churches like Redeemed organized all their members in Abuja to March on one day. Won't that create a scene.

I like this very much. The churches in Nigeria all sit back with pastors preaching about the heaven and all while people are hear on earth suffering for reasons that are in their power to change.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by samorijack(m): 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2009
Pastor Sam (Guy Smiely) Adeyemi should please shut his fucking mouth up, I don't believe this guy angry He's not marching to protest the non performance of the government, or the plight of millions of jobless Nigerian youths, or in support of prodemocracy elements in Nigeria actively fighting to control the excesses of our failed govenment,or even of the electoral reform and the freeedom of information bill. This properity love-vendor is complaining because his bottom line is affected. The truth is Pastor Sam does not need to spend 56million Naira a month on power, and his previous expenditure have only futher filled his coffers with eager mone, as his air conditioned church is all the more attractive. If he want to march there're causes aplenty more deserving of a march, which will benefit the majority and not just adress the sectorial interests of a priviledged few. Even if Lagos is given the green light, majority of Lagosians will not be able to afford it without some form of subsidy. I find this a pathetic attempt to get in good with the powers that be in Alausa, tax and all (it;s an open secret the Pastor Sam was rooting for a certain Jimmy) The gospel of Jesus Christ is not about motivational speaking and feel good messages, it got Jesus killed. Guess that's why Guy Smiley' having none of it.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2009
samorijack:

Pastor Sam (Guy Smiely) Adeyemi should please shut his fucking mouth up, I don't believe this guy angry He's not marching to protest the non performance of the government, or the plight of millions of jobless Nigerian youths, or in support of prodemocracy elements in Nigeria actively fighting to control the excesses of our failed govenment,or even of the electoral reform and the freeedom of information bill. This properity love-vendor is complaining because his bottom line is affected. The truth is Pastor Sam does not need to spend 56million Naira a month on power, and his previous expenditure have only futher filled his coffers with eager mone, as his air conditioned church is all the more attractive. If he want to march there're causes aplenty more deserving of a march, which will benefit the majority and not just adress the sectorial interests of a priviledged few. Even if Lagos is given the green light, majority of Lagosians will not be able to afford it without some form of subsidy. I find this a pathetic attempt to get in good with the powers that be in Alausa, tax and all (it;s an open secret the Pastor Sam was rooting for a certain Jimmy) [size=13pt]The gospel of Jesus Christ is not about motivational speaking and feel good messages, it got Jesus killed.[/size] Guess that's why Guy Smiley' having none of it.

Let him that hath ears to hear let him take heed.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Jun 22, 2009
Definitely a great move. If other churches get in line, I bet we are likely to see some real change soonest. I mean regardless of real intentions, we need to do something.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by bawomolo(m): 3:44am On Jun 22, 2009
samorijack:

Pastor Sam (Guy Smiely) Adeyemi should please shut his fucking mouth up, I don't believe this guy angry He's not marching to protest the non performance of the government, or the plight of millions of jobless Nigerian youths, or in support of prodemocracy elements in Nigeria actively fighting to control the excesses of our failed govenment,or even of the electoral reform and the freeedom of information bill. This properity love-vendor is complaining because his bottom line is affected. The truth is Pastor Sam does not need to spend 56million Naira a month on power, and his previous expenditure have only futher filled his coffers with eager mone, as his air conditioned church is all the more attractive. If he want to march there're causes aplenty more deserving of a march, which will benefit the majority and not just adress the sectorial interests of a priviledged few. Even if Lagos is given the green light, majority of Lagosians will not be able to afford it without some form of subsidy. I find this a pathetic attempt to get in good with the powers that be in Alausa, tax and all (it;s an open secret the Pastor Sam was rooting for a certain Jimmy) The gospel of Jesus Christ is not about motivational speaking and feel good messages, it got Jesus killed. Guess that's why Guy Smiley' having none of it.

tick tick tick.

seems he is complaining out of greed and not caring for the poor.
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by asha80(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2009
So what happened to this rally

Has power improved
Re: Daystar Church To Hold Rally On Power by deor03(m): 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2009
Join the rally tomorrow @ 8.30 am , October 19th,2009

In Daystar Christian Center Ikosi Road.

You can join the rally virtually for a live stream on

http://daystarng.org/newdaystar/

The Objective of the rally is : DEREGULATION OF THE POWER SECTOR

(1) (Reply)

Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils / No More State Of Origin. Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Abuja Get Ready / President Bill Clinton Speaking About The Nigerian That Created The Internt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.