Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. (40379 Views)

Man Spots Couple He Helped 3 Years Ago Begging On Same Issue / MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested / Friends Mourn Angel O'Brien Death: "After All I Told You, You Still Continued" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 17, 2016
Culin:

kindly go back and read the story again
As in eh, it's quite embarrassing.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 17, 2016
Leyelanre:

Stop backing the OP, I know much about india and death sentence( for the most extreme cases, which logically involves assault and gang rape) was included among other punishments for rape not even up to 3 years ago, 2013 to be specific and the first to be sentenced to death for rape was sentenced around august 2013. If he told that lie 3 years ago and he is claiming they sentenced an innocent person to death, he is definitely lying. That's just one of many faults in the write up.

You can cross check what I said

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_India
u mean I should stop backing someone that is making a confession and exposing himself to the world...
I'm just trying to understand him that's all.
And the story of a confession doesn't have to be well constructed for it to be true you know... he came here seeking solace and you lot are making it feel like he had committed another crime for it.
Anyway, I don't take Nairaland that serious, I just like to comment on things that catch my interest.
I think the op has deactivated his account.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Lysian: 7:44am On Jan 17, 2016
You married a monster, anyways you attracted your kind. You have also placed a curse on your generation. Kpele.

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by playtheblues(f): 7:59am On Jan 17, 2016
Forensic test.
Xfemt:
B4 I comment, dis is to tell seun and co who re in charge of Nairaland that am gonna serve them court papers for banning me.
It not fair, I registered with Nairaland since 2008 and dis is how u pple treat me as one of ur oldest user.
By the way I'm suing Nairaland for 1billion dollar for banning me with out proper due process
Lalastical plz inform others

Back to the post
BROS wan post this stuff I no believe u oh
Was their no investigation by the police
No DNA or finger print
Or was their no doctor to examine the young girl and carry out forusic test on the suspect abi watin them de call am.

Any way answer those question let me know if it happen in 1864 or in the 20th century

Plz do well to wish me happy bday today is my day
I love Nairaland
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by richiepolymer(m): 8:25am On Jan 17, 2016
I don't know where to post but since this is my active section I post here. So mods please move to correct section.

Today someone post about our excuse for our sins if God suddenly comes. That thread made me remember my greatest sin. Like I mentioned on that thread. I have not committed adultery as I'm the most faithful of all time. Neither have I stolen or fornicated. My only sin is a LIE I told to save my friend.

Flashback!!! My friend did something. He actually did it. He raped a 12 year old orphan girl and in our place it's death sentence for a man to rape a woman let alone 12 year old. He was drunk. We went to this party and he drank too much. Both of us were walking to our car so I drive him home then we saw this little girl. Even at 12 she looked 21 so perhaps my friend in his drunkenness over the wine got carried away and went after her. I tried to stop him but u could not. Right he front of me be hurt the little girl and someone caught him ad called it in.

We were both arrested. The person confirmed I was innocent that it's my friend who did it. But my father once worked in the Navy before retirement into private business, so alot of the police and law officials in our town know me very well. So they said I should give testimony in court of what i saw. I looked at my friend this is friend since childhood. This is friend that taught me how to use the swing. This is friend who taught me how to write my first code of programming to which I'm I'm a veteran now in programming. I cannot just throw him out the window. Then I said to my said elf "The devil you know is better than the angel you do not know"

I told the court the woman who saw us lied!!! That it was another man (actually her fiancé) who was with her that committed the crime and she want to protect hin. I said it with authority and confidence even I believed it to be true.

And like I said my father has reputation in the law enforcement so the judge said that based on the reputation of my father n the country (a navy chief) my words do hold water and the court will take it as true. Another lady (my wife now) backed me up. Perhaps she liked me. Said she was also there. That it wasn't my friend.

Long story short, the innocent man who was to marry his woman faced the death sentence just because i lied to protect my friend. My wife lied too (to support me) but she is fine with it. I was even discussing this with hr this morning that I'm feeling guilty now. She said I should forget it that people die everyday. That sometimes people have to be sacrificed to save another. She is just cool like it's nothing but I keep seeing flashes of the woman when she cried and her fiancé was taken away for what he did not do. It's driving me crazy

Please nairaland what do you think is the right thing I do?

No jokes here this is serious.

Thanks

Obviously if this story is true, do you need anyone to tell you how terrible the sin you committed is? just that one lie can cause wars that will cost lives. Its worse than murder. Your soul is bound to the victims of the lie and even if you have prayed for forgiveness it doesn't stop the Law of divine justice from taking its cause. With god there's nothing like impunity. Just get ready for the day of reckoning and pray for strength to be able to pull through when the sword of justice starts swinging over your head. During the judgement period for you, many a common man won't understand what's happening to you but surely you alone will know where you have erred.

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Mhizkel(f): 8:43am On Jan 17, 2016
henrygoody:

From my readings, I thinki this is a make up story...... If u don't belive go tru it again
I was beginning to think same.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Seventeen(f): 8:48am On Jan 17, 2016
I don tire for all dz lie lie stories for nairaland. angry

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Xfemt(m): 9:35am On Jan 17, 2016
playtheblues:
Forensic test.
And that what am talking about I owe u one bottle of vuji milk

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by playtheblues(f): 10:06am On Jan 17, 2016
I drink only champagne tongue
Xfemt:

And that what am talking about
I owe u one bottle of vuji milk
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Akinife(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2016
You story does not sound convincing enough for the following reasons.
Firstly, what happened to the statement you wrote: when a person is arrested for a crime all those concern are meant to write a statement. It Is from this statements that the police or law enforcement officer begins to filter to determine corroboration or discrepancy and as such can tell who is lieing from who is saying the truth!
So my question is: at what point did you decide to help your friend: was it before you all wrote the statement or in court.
Becos if you are the only odd person out of a statement of 4 persons,; (you, your friend, the victim the woman that caught u guys).. The officer can easily know its not true.

Secondly; in law, anyone who is not a direct witness to a case at hand can not give evidence as to the existence or non existence of a case....in this case your wifes evidence can not stand in court...

Thirdly; an advanced country like India would have relied more on DNA in the determination of a sensitive issue like this.

Fourthly; the testimony of a victime if it is corroborated by a direct witness is usually taken seriously...this means if the woman that caught u guys can corroborate the story of the victims...it will have more impart than your wife or ur friend's testimony.
So u see why I am finding it hard to believe... Except u mean to tell us that by "your fathers influence " you meant that he bribed the officer in charge to change the case in your favor cos as it seems you are also a party to the crime!

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by kayalla(f): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
ogaoo. if u still have the chance just go and right the wrong.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 21, 2016
Wizkoko:

Confession is a very bad idea. If he confess, then both him and his friend must die.

AND

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Emir's Marriage To 14-Year-Old Girl Irreversible - Katsina Emirates Council / Man Who Collapsed In Owerri Over Hunger Is At It Again, How He Scams People / Policeman And LASTMA Spotted Fighting In Lekki (Photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.