Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i (1284 Views)

M.I Is Trying To Sound Like Nas / Sauce Kid Nobody Ft Banky W Is It Me Or Is He Trying To Sound Lile Lilwayne? / Is 50cent Trying To Sound Like Chamillionaire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by yungtycoon: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2009
I`ve just been listening to some new rap songs out by Nigerian rappers and one thing i noticed is that they all beginning to sound like M,I.I`m just wondering, No beef but M.I Has just a Style and Not Styles, Styles is what makes a Rapper not just doing the same thing and flowing the same way!!!
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by dammiecool(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2009
wetin u dey talk abeg I no understand
u for mention rapper wey dey sound like MI
abi u mean say MI sound like Lil wayne cool
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by Tonyet1(m): 11:57am On Jun 22, 2009
M is the music, I is just the pseudo! hahaha - MI anyday

but i dont really fink other rappers are sounding like him, because to me the only style he's gat is rapping in english all thru' aside that he sounds like nas, khanye, and lil wayne

so i dont understand what you meant (poster)
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by rapjunkie(m): 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2009
dammiecool:

wetin u dey talk abeg I no understand
u for mention rapper wey dey sound like MI
abi u mean say MI sound like Lil wayne cool

I beg, make u ask them. . . . . . . .
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by chrisical(m): 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2009
yungtycoon:

I`ve just been listening to some new rap songs out by Nigerian rappers and one thing i noticed is that they all beginning to sound like M,I.I`m just wondering, No beef but M.I Has just a Style and Not Styles, Styles is what makes a Rapper not just doing the same thing and flowing the same way!!!

I cant decipher what you talking about?Can u expantiate pls
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by yungtycoon: 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2009
How can you all compare M.I to Lilwayne, Una dey use death compare Dream, What i`m saying is this , It is difficult to see other rapper do something different aside what m.i is already doing plus how come he flows the same way, The person you all should watch out for is this Nigerian Boy who got nominated into Akon`s hitlab and currently among the top 100, He has styles not just style, If you think i`m lying check him out on http://www.hitlab.com/user/19687/tk click on showcase tracks and listen to any of his four nominated songs plus get a chance to vote for him.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by chiogo(f): 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2009
who's MI??
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by rapjunkie(m): 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2009
a short black boy
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by chiogo(f): 11:27pm On Jun 22, 2009
LOL undecided
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by Dotman01(m): 1:09pm On Jun 23, 2009
, With a very big heart, he flows like JIGGA, he sounds like NAS, may he's the best, nigeria's own KANYE WEST,
Do u understand wot others are sayin nw? @ poster
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by dammiecool(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2009
words frm MI himself cool
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by dammiecool(m): 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2009
words frm MI  cool grin cheesy
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by obinna5000(m): 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2009
M.I. flows more like Kanye West and Lil' Wayne.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by nj4love: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2009
mi na nonsense man
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by eldee(m): 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2009
obinna5000:

M.I. flows more like Kanye West and Lil' Wayne.
M.I flows like M.I, like any other rapper, he has his own influences.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by rapjunkie(m): 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2009
eldee:

Who is the real MI? his flow and delivery are very different on 'crowd mentality' and 'safe'. MI switched his flow to sound like lil weezy. after 'safe' became a sucess, MI just kept doing his lil weezy rip off while trying to jack the swag of naeto C and kanye west. Abracadabra!!! . . . . .he's wearing 3 peice suits on stage

I don't know who MI is but it seems neither does he. . . . .

Anybody who says the above is not true is simply living in denial
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by Bamsyle(m): 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2009
@Rapj

Very correct . . . Crowd Mentality is a totally different ball game from Safe and a couple of other MI songs.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by javalove(m): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
eldee:

i agree wiv u . . he s got influences including modenine . . . he said that himself
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by kaydee(m): 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2009
rapjunkie:

Who is the real MI? his flow and delivery are very different on 'crowd mentality' and 'safe'. MI switched his flow to sound like lil weezy. after 'safe' became a sucess, MI just kept doing his lil weezy rip off while trying to jack the swag of naeto C and kanye west. Abracadabra!!! . . . . .he's wearing 3 peice suits on stage

Zero brought his mixtape then and told us he's the best he's heard in a while.He sounded like M.I then,Now he's just a lil wayne wanna be.Most people talk sh*t they won't do judging by his "Crowd Mentality" message
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by iniguy(m): 5:49am On Jun 25, 2009
Mi has got the swagga and style, he sounds like kanye west.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by semid4lyfe(m): 5:59am On Jun 25, 2009
M.I this! M.I that! Una never tire? This M.I obsession is been taken to another different level.
I copped his talk about it album ,listened to it for about a month and threw it somewhere in my crib. Wherever it is, I'm sure it must have gathered enuff dust by now. IMO, The guy is just a confused rapper who doesn't know which line to tow and some1 says other rappers are beginning to sound like him?
Kai! I no fit laugh. So before M.I came out, those rappers weren't rapping abi?
Arrant Nonsense!

If I want to listen to some feel good, danceable rap - I'll go for Naeto C. If I wanna listen to some deep metaphorical ish, its definitely MODENINE .

M.I attempted to be a master of both trades and he failed miserably.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by rockyfela(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2009
@ semid4lyfe u're joking right? mi failed miserably? puhlease rather i think u failed miserably wiv ur listening skills. Talk about it album was on point.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by semid4lyfe(m): 9:58am On Jun 25, 2009
@ rockyfela

Your anonymity in cyberspace is not a license for u to insult people . I stated my opinion without resulting to insults. Couldn't u possibly do the same?

It seems all u M.I groupies can't live with the fact that not everybody is feeling M.I that much.

Like I said when I feel like dancing, I'll rather slot in a Naeto C cd and when I'm in a pensive and thoughtfull mood, I'll listen to Modenine.

The fact is one Modenine track  packs more multies, metaphors, punchlines and wordplays than an album of M.I

Modenine is the most intelligent rapper in Nigeria.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by blinx(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2009
Crowd mentality is the original MI but like some one dat desires to succeed in the rap game had to rebrand and repackage himself to sound a little bit like Kanyeye and a little bit like weezy and it worked for him. The fact is dat he was good as of when he was original by winning hip hop award and better after the rebranding. I think he did the right thing.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by LLVelly: 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2009
M.I^ cool lik a freezer
rule lik ceaser. M.I is good sha but he is not d best naija rapper.SO we wait to see his next album to confirm.Naija muzikcian are good wit 1st&2nd albulm then dem no go find their feet again. BIG UPS to M.I.4now
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by rapjunkie(m): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2009
blinx:

Crowd mentality is the original MI but like some one dat desires to succeed in the rap game had to rebrand and repackage himself to sound a little bit like Kanyeye and a little bit like weezy and it worked for him. The fact is dat he was good as of when he was original by winning hip hop award and better after the rebranding. I think he did the right thing.

cosigned

BUT when u read the topic of this thread, it can only make u think . . . . .   wtf?

so instead of saluting MI for his achievements . . . . . he gets grief.

@yungtycoon

are u ok? undecided
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by Genuflect(m): 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2009
This yungtycoon dude is so confused. The question doesn't even make sense. MI is kinda biting Lil' Wayne's style but it's all good as long as he utilizes it well which he is actually doing. And I respect that dude's opinion who said he's not really feeling him. I have friends too who actually think he is trash
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by eldee(m): 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2009
rapjunkie:

Anybody who says the above is not true is simply living in denial
Oh . . . I get it, an artiste image is based on one track . . . and yeah, we should ignore the whole album
This makes so much sense . . .

And now havin a sense of style means he's jacking Kanye's swag . . . don't you guys ever stop??
I saw a list of his influences and I could pick out every one of em in his songs . . . but nah, you prefer to use one songs as a yardstick and place it against a dozen of his other ones.
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by gonkin(m): 10:45pm On Jun 25, 2009
Whenever you're talking of rappers you can say mode9, m.i but dont ever mention naeto c, because naeto is lame as a handicap and a lame ass rapper. How many of hìs tracks are hot. To me just kinni big deal. As for m.i check this flow. Call me the best thing the rest need a resting, i spit lyrics interesting, its the reason why you listen. Before jude became m.i i battle him once @ british council and the guy was wicked unlike naeto c he's afraid to spit cramed rhymes
Re: Are All Rappers Beginning To Sound Like M.i by nj4love: 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2009
mi his is a god rapper but all the are not sounding like him.

(1) (Reply)

Did Don Jazzy Provide The Backup Vocals To Olamide's New Single"young Erikina" / New Music :Double K (PH City) Tins & Tins...wicked Club Banger!!! / Download Tonto Dikeh - Itz Ova Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.