Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,461 members, 7,781,334 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:38 PM

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) (69984 Views)

Buhari Supporters Attack Charly Boy At Wuse Market, Destroy Cars (Video/Photos) / EFCC Seals Patience Jonathan's Property In Abuja (Photos) / EFCC Seals Apere Embelakpo's Houses In Bayelsa (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by slyng(m): 8:58am On Jan 17, 2016
I'm sure they have intels we dont have. We are outsiders
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by cytellProperty: 8:59am On Jan 17, 2016
ojesoj:
I guess the reason for this seal off must be connected to #dasukigate $2.1billion arms deal scam.

Also nowadays banks launder money for this criminal politicians.

May God not let your guessing put you in Jail.
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by helovesme(f): 8:59am On Jan 17, 2016
seunmsg:
This is an overkill, absolutely unnecessary. They can investigate without necessarily trying to smear the name of the bank. CBN is the most guilty financial institution in the entire #Dasukigate and EFCC has not even deemed it fit to invite the CBN governor or any other staffs of the bank.

GTB and all other erring banks should be investigated and sanctioned if necessary but smearing their business reputation in such a. Manner is unprofessional of EFCC. This nonsense can seriously affect the goodwill of the bank.

EFCC hasn't smeared their name and there's nothing unprofessional about it.

There was a documentary on TV few days ago from the National Crime Agency (UK's equivalent of EFCC) where Barclays Bank, UK was named as the bank that was used to launder £44m ( 44 million pounds) in raw cash by a drug cartel.

The name of the bank, the branches were the deposits were made and even CCTV footage of criminals making the deposits in the banks were all exposed and shown on primetime TV.

@modath
You are right. The Nigerian banking system needs a complete overhaul. Imagine ghost companies with no verifiable trading activity having account turnover in billions yet the bank looks away. Smh. It's disgraceful and shocking. These companies don't even go through any means to hide their money laundering acts, yet the banks look away.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Sexytemi(f): 9:01am On Jan 17, 2016
pls @ op, try and put that its the building and the bank that was seal o, cox of some idiots who would still insult buhari and efcc for doing their jobs, even if these set of fools sees police arresting hardened criminals, they would still cry *foul* cox buhari is the president, smh for them o, i pray they experience every hardship an average Nigeria is going thru cox of what the looters did

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2016
Frank3n2:
EFCC Seems to be on their toes now. But!! They can't go around using red paint like paint artist!!! Get a better seal for crying out loud!!! What happens to d building after their investigation and are cleared
It will be repainted I guess. When it comes to EFCC, common sense seems to be lacking with the way it carries out its duties.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by chineduwright110(m): 9:05am On Jan 17, 2016
grin wat did they seal it with ?(super glue, seal-up tape, Blue gum, arradite, paper tape or chew- gum?) English funny language
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by goodlifehyd(m): 9:06am On Jan 17, 2016
ejiinii:
Buhari will Harrass and intimidate investors can't they investigate or seize the building without to rubbish Eccles inscription to cause tension
They will start begging investors not to sack workers useless government
So today is the first time you seeing Efcc paint a building Abegiii or was Buhari the one who climbed the building to write that
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by irondome: 9:08am On Jan 17, 2016
EFCC left CBN, a governmental body who disbursed highly questionable funds without due approval, and they are now harassing a private bank whose responsibility is manage private accounts. And in the events that an account is managed in an unethical way, invite that particular account officer for questioning. You don't go round shutting down a whole branch
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by goodlifehyd(m): 9:11am On Jan 17, 2016
Sexytemi:
pls @ op, try and put that its the building and the bank that was seal o, cox of some idiots who would still insult buhari and efcc for doing their jobs, even if these set of fools sees police arresting hardened criminals, they would still cry *foul* cox buhari is the president, smh for them o, i pray they experience every hardship an average Nigeria is going thru cox of what the looters did
imagine one eediot calling Buhari names cuz of this like Buhari was the one who climbed the building to write that or is this the first time Efcc is sealing properties with that same watermark, I don't blame them Efcc under GEJ was nothing to write home about so they did not see Efcc in action for about 8years.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by ceekay247: 9:11am On Jan 17, 2016
This is awful. GTBank has always know for International best practices and upholding professinalism in all it does. Do not and will never believe it is related to Money Laundry because the Bank in question follow the regulatory bodies instructions to the letters. Until the result of the investigation is out GTBANK still reamains the best. Wouldn't you rather bank with us....
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by helovesme(f): 9:14am On Jan 17, 2016
ceekay247:
This is awful. GTBank has always know for International best practices and upholding professinalism in all it does. Do not and will never believe it is related to Money Laundry because the Bank in question follow the regulatory bodies instructions to the letters. Until the result of the investigation is out GTBANK still reamains the best. Wouldn't you rather bank with us....

Yimu

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/fca-fines-guaranty-trust-bank-uk-ltd

Their United Kingdom "autonomous" offshoot was fined recently for poor money laundering controls. So you can imagine the "evil" that's going on within the Nigerian arm of their business.

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 17, 2016
RetroBoy:
That lettering in unprofessional and not recognized in any court of law.
No citizen who knows his rights can be prosecuted for 'trespassing' with such mundane signs
Go and sue EFCC.
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by X3n(m): 9:18am On Jan 17, 2016
Where exactly in wuseII ? because I can't recognize this building. There are 2 GTB banks I know of in WUSEII both at Ademola Adetokumbo Cresent

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by grandstar(m): 9:20am On Jan 17, 2016
HungerBAD:
If it is established the Bank has been a Conduit for looting, then.

(A)Their Licence should be revoked by the CBN.

(B)Those at the helm of Affairs of the Bank should be made to face the full ATTENTION of the Law.

(C) Restitution paid back to the People Of Nigeria Via the Government.

(D)The Bank should be NATIONALIZED.

I am starting to be really impressed by this new EFCC.

The message is starting to get out now, that this is not business as usual. The banking sector is about 70% sanitized now, and hopefully before the end of the 8 Years of Buhari, the Banks should be fully cleaned up.

The banks can spend all the monies they want on Paid Ghost Criers/Propaganda Cries on the pages of the Newspapers, on how Buharis Government is killing Business and the Banks in Nigeria, but we the PEOPLE of Nigeria are not fooled.

Nice one the EFCC.

In less than 8months the naira is now 300.Before the end of the year, it may touch 400. People are already seething and more will join them as the economy gets worse. Soludo and Sanusi have both condemned his policies. He won't get a 2nd term if things get worse. Even staunch supporters like Sanusi are aghast
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Aladine(m): 9:20am On Jan 17, 2016
1st of all this is a big misleading topic. 2ndly that is not wuse 2 but wuse zone 5. 3rdly it is a rented building with other people ocupying it. 4thly GTBank moved out of that building more than a year ago. Two owners had issues in court and one won. They gave everyone quit notice. The building was sealed not the bank.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by modath(f): 9:23am On Jan 17, 2016
helovesme:

EFCC hasn't smeared their name and there's nothing unprofessional about it.

There was a documentary on TV few days ago from the National Crime Agency (UK's equivalent of EFCC) where Barclays Bank, UK was named as the bank that was used to launder £44m ( 44 million pounds) in raw cash by a drug cartel.

The name of the bank, the branches were the deposits were made and even CCTV footage of criminals making the deposits in the banks were all exposed and shown on primetime TV.

@mod.ath
You are right. The Nigerian banking system needs a complete overhaul. Imagine ghost companies with no verifiable trading activity having account turnover in billions yet the bank looks away. Smh. It's disgraceful and shocking. These companies don't even go through any means to hide their money laundering acts, yet the banks look away.

@eeyan mi, baawo ni, ebun oluwa wa nko? Cuddles & love kiss .....

Nigerian politicians can't steal without bank's connivance, abi na winch move money go offshore account for them...

They will learn by force. .

@ seunmsg , Emefiele of Diezani's 20bn USD zenith is not the sanction type, they are all complicit.
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 17, 2016
Dfinex:

Lolssss...Guy..that was too harsh!! please go easy on them.....Anyway hope u have some material evidences cos those are grave accusations up there.

modath no be guy. use ur 36 undecided
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Dfinex(f): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2016
MicKaro:

I think they sealed the building and not the bank.

ok...But the issue is that whether it's the building that was sealed or the bank. ....it surely does have a negative publicity effect on the corporate image of the bank
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Dfinex(f): 9:30am On Jan 17, 2016
searchiing4love:

modath no be guy. use ur 36 undecided
must u be rude in order to pass on an information. ...?
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2016
Dfinex:

must u be rude in order to pass on an information. ...?

where is the rudeness in my message better swerve. i craze gan o undecided
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by konga82(m): 9:33am On Jan 17, 2016
onojiwizardgmailcom:
EFCC over reacting, why brandish the entire bank criminals, without completing the investigation, and competent court convicting those involved. do this people know how negatively this will affect the banks stock on the stock exchange, and also peoples savings in that bank and the entire Nigerian economy.
u hit de nail @ de head I like ur view, GTB is among nigeria top Bank any thing that happen to them will have adverse effect on our already crumbling economy.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by castrokins(m): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2016
On Which Orders Are EFCC Defacing And Sealing Off Properties? Do We Have Such Declarations And Authorities From Court Of Competent Jurisdiction? Are We Going To Fold Our Hands And Watch These Desperados Destroy Our Democratic Institutions? This Democracy Was Fought For, Buhari And His Hired Minions Should Not Be Allowed To Usurp The Authority Of Our Judiciary.
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by helovesme(f): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2016
modath:

@eeyan mi, baawo ni, ebun oluwa wa nko? Cuddles & love kiss .....

Nigerian politicians can't steal without bank's connivance, abi na winch move money go offshore account for them...

They will learn by force. .

@ seunmsg , Emefiele of Diezani's 20bn USD zenith is not the sanction type, they are all complicit.

My darling kiss
Ebun is doing great. Constantly attached to my chest doing what he knows how to do best grin grin grin

I'm yet to read of any bank fully implicated in this Dasuki gate scandal. By now, all associated banks should have been named and severely fined and sanctioned. Heads should have rolled by now - CEOs forced to step down, the Heads of their respective Risk departments replaced,etc.

I do not know why Buhari is stressing himself with the MTN fine. He should face Nigerian banks. The fines that can be realised from them is enough to balance his budget.

If FCA can fine "mere" GTB UK, over half a million pounds and they are still actively/successfully trading, replicating such fines (and higher) with Nigerian domiciled banks will not cause a dent in their business activities or stop them from paying crazy bonuses to all their key principal staff.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Oyinoyin: 9:37am On Jan 17, 2016
LRNZH:
OP, you mean to state that EFCC went through the pains of climbing the building to put up that embarrassing sign?

Na wa for money launderers in Nigeria.

Sometimes I wish I can see the cause of some people's reasoning so as to understand them but I just realized some are just Genuinely STUPID
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Ymodulus: 9:37am On Jan 17, 2016
No wonder so this is how they make their money.

I keep wondering how they do it. They don't offer Services like other banks. No fx, no pta, no bta, no form a , no form m. Just ridiculous charges and laundering.

I love this bank
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Dfinex(f): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2016
searchiing4love:

where is the rudeness in my message better swerve. i craze gan o undecided
it's very obvious. ......I should have known! !!..mttcheeeew!!
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 17, 2016
Dfinex:

it's very obvious. ......I should have known! !!..mttcheeeew!!

u be wan test me i go deal with u
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Dfinex(f): 9:44am On Jan 17, 2016
searchiing4love:

u be wan test me i go deal with u
why i go test U.? ..when ur signature says it all . I won't let u infect me with such negative aura. ..tufiakwa!!
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2016
Dfinex:

why i go test U.? ..when ur signature says it all .
I won't let u infect me with such negative aura. ..tufiakwa!!

u are not even beautiful undecided yet u dey borrow pose. mtcheew
Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by md4real(m): 9:51am On Jan 17, 2016
modath:

Babe, GTB is a conduit for corrupt practices, their specialty is aiding & abetting criminality... There are policies & due process but GTB will not adhere to CBN's guidelines...

Tayo Aderinokun must be turning in his grave.....

Are you aware that the MD, SEGUN AGBAJE is JIMI AGBAJE's bro? That tells the whole story!!

Even on this forum 70% of complaints is about GTB & their UBA on steroids tendencies , UBA na learner beside them!! They've lost the prestige! !

Oga do you have proof for all these malicious accusations?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) by vioment: 9:55am On Jan 17, 2016
Good direction but could have been done with a better wisdom. Instead of painting erratically, use big banners, that can be easily removed if they are found not guilty or found guilty of lesser charges.
This is exactly the type of thing wey dey make most of we Africans look stupid. We have the right intentions, but no discipline to approach. The economics to this is small to naija but could have been averted. If the federal govt. loose, win, or draw, they will still have to clean it off and pay to repaint it - the cost lost is small but paints and labour will be paid for. The charges in law that apply to cleaning that paint also applies if someone removes the seal of a crime scene or under EFCC investigation. The area value will drop if this was a developed country, even as a developing country, we run the risk of creating panick to investors.
Make we try small from start to finish, not just start, then 10mins later, you wan dey misbehave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe / Reno Omokri: MC Macaroni Was Thoroughly Beaten But Uduak Was Well Treated / Aerial View Of The Abule Ado Explosion In Lagos (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.