Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP (717 Views)

Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? / Signs To Note When Your Brakes Need Servicing / Why Do Threads Disappear On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP by phnibeogu: 5:47am On Jan 17, 2016
I just got a Honda civic 06.. then it started showing the service sign+(oil life 15%)... I serviced the car but the sign is still there... plus its saying enter radio code which I don't have....Help
Re: Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2016
phnibeogu:
I just got a Honda civic 06.. then it started showing the service sign+(oil life 15%)... I serviced the car but the sign is still there... plus its saying enter radio code which I don't have....Help

how do you expect the car to know that it has been serviced without resetting it ?
Re: Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2016
phnibeogu:

To reset the Oil Life % gauge, press and hold the SEL/RESET button for about 10 seconds until the Oil Life message begins to flash. Release the SEL/RESET button, and hold it again for about 5 seconds until the Oil Life % resets to 100.

You can watch here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTn_WCru03M

For the radio code check glove box compartment or ask previous owner.

1 Like

Re: Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On Jan 17, 2016
phnibeogu:

Did the car come with the original handbook? If it did, check within the card slots for a card with radio code.
If not, search for a thread on nairaland about radio code retrieval. You give the person some codes and he sends the code(i don't know if it's chargeable or free).

NB: His nairaland handle is - Day11
OR
Tweet - @omoteacher
Re: Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP by phnibeogu: 9:19am On Jan 17, 2016
tnx peeps.. will get on to it right away
Re: Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP by phnibeogu: 10:12am On Jan 17, 2016
fixed the service light.. only the radio code remaining...
Re: Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP by sultaan(m): 11:07am On Jan 17, 2016
Unfortunate thing is that everything starts going downhill after the Naija first service because of the kazeem,oil-filter combo

(1) (Reply)

Car Advice: Should You Buy A New Or Used Car – Advantages&disadvantages Outlined / Does A Toyota Corrolla 2009 Truly Exist / 99 Mercury Villager Suv Wiring System... Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.