Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ronaldo Explains Decision To Leave Manchester For Madrid - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ronaldo Explains Decision To Leave Manchester For Madrid (1021 Views)

When Being Asked To Leave A Seat In an Event...your Reactions!!lols / Seminar - Earn Good Income - Lets Leave The Rat Race / Make The Right Decision: Your Success Begins Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Explains Decision To Leave Manchester For Madrid by ichommy(m): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2009
Speaking for the first time since his record breaking move, Cristiano Ronaldo has explained just why he had to move to the Bernabeu.

Cristiano Ronaldo
In his first full interview since making the switch from Manchester United to Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo has explained the reasoning behind his move.

Speaking to the News Of The World, Ronaldo admitted that he had been contemplating a move to the Bernabeu for some time, saying, "After we won the European Cup, I began to think that there was nothing left for me to achieve in Manchester."

"I realized that when you achieve everything, it is time to seek a new challenge. I stayed another year and enjoyed it, but my dream was to play for Real Madrid."

Many cynics have suggested that Ronaldo's main incentive to move to Madrid was a monetary one, but the Portuguese star dismissed such suggestions, continuing, "Of course I did not move for money."

"What I want is to be the greatest player in the world. I know I need to work a lot, but that is my goal.

"And it is clear that if you become the best player of Real Madrid, you will become one of the best in history."

Ronaldo's €94 million transfer to Real Madrid created a new world record for transfer fees.

(1) (Reply)

Names Of Happening Clubs You Know And How Much is gate fee? / Lunch Hour Show 15th Anniversary, N1.5 Million To Be Won (see Fb Contest Inside) / Tapping Current!women Being Checked By Security Men Before Entering An Event.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.