Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,192 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Should Adultery Be Criminalized? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Adultery Be Criminalized? (6182 Views)

Is Adultery Forgivable / Husband, Wife Compete For Adultery After Failed Marriage In Lagos / New Study On How To Avoid Adultery In Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Lezzlie(m): 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
Mindfulness:

And your views are based on objectivity and facts? grin
My views are based on a selfless, objective principles that has survived cultures and centuries. That calls for the good of all man and women without seeking personal advantage. Yours is a means of escape from the inability to walk the difficult path that that distinguished humans from primates.
Mindfulness:

There is a very clear distinction. I am legally married and I enjoy certain rights. grin
Happy for you.
Mindfulness:

How dare you? shocked Were we not all created by Him and in His image?
Sarcasm noted.
Mindfulness:

I am a rebel and I love it smiley No dull moment wink
Behind all the show, I still see you're struggling to make a good conviction of your own new found religion.

1 Like

Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
My views are based on a selfless, objective principles that has survived cultures and centuries. That calls for the good of all man and women without seeking personal advantage. Yours is a means of escape from the inability to walk the difficult path that that distinguished humans from primates. Happy for you.
Sarcasm noted. Behind all the show, I still see you're struggling to make a good conviction of your own new found religion.

You mean the unwillingness to walk the difficult path. grin grin grin Yeah, my life is very easy. I love it! cool

You can however continue walking the difficult path but ...

"16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display MY POWER in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."

... but if your Maker decides to take pleasure in not having mercy on your poor soul, then your effort is good for nothing and don't question his cruelty. grin grin grin

"19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles? 25 As he says in Hosea:"

Your God created some of his children for the purpose of destruction . It is not their fault but they have to suffer so that he can demonstrate his power. grin grin grin grin grin Pray you were not created "as an object of his wrath in advance". grin grin grin

What a beautiful, altruistic, logical religion that is. grin The religion of love. grin grin grin grin grin What a good, loving, caring father your God is. grin grin grin
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Lezzlie(m): 11:18am On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

You mean the unwillingness to walk the difficult path. grin grin grin Yeah, my life is very easy. I love it! cool

You can however continue walking the difficult path but ...

"16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display MY POWER in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."

... but if your Maker decides to take pleasure in not having mercy on your poor soul, then your effort is good for nothing and don't question his cruelty. grin grin grin

"19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles? 25 As he says in Hosea:"

Your God created some of his children for the purpose of destruction . It is not their fault but they have to suffer so that he can demonstrate his power. grin grin grin grin grin Pray you were not created "as an object of his wrath in advance". grin grin grin

What a beautiful, altruistic, logical religion that is. grin The religion of love. grin grin grin grin grin What a good, loving, caring father your God is. grin grin grin

I only see someone lost in the whirlwind of confusion desperately holding to the straws of a few bible scriptions-- twisted out of context-- to justify her INABILITY to conform to a more nobler, selfless set of principles.

I shan't be indulging your sacrilegious quotes by countering you with ample biblical evidence that debunks all your lazy and self- seeking alternatives.

But I will let you know that the books written by men ---who themselves have admitted their own shallow knowledge of existence, having not even been able to scale through the scrutiny of their own ilk.., will leave you delusional, empty and ruing your very chosen path against common sense.

Every thing you stand for is rebellious against the collective good ingrained in humanity.

But your boldness ends in the scriptings on a virtual world. In the real world of flesh and light, your knees cannot even carry the sermon you preach. I know your type -- they are often always women.

You're knowledge corrupted.

2 Likes

Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
I only see someone lost in the whirlwind of confusion desperately holding to the straws of a few bible scriptions-- twisted out of context-- to justify her INABILITY to conform to a more nobler, selfless set of principles.

I shan't be indulging your sacrilegious quotes by countering you with ample biblical evidence that debunks all your lazy and self- seeking alternatives.

But I will let you know that the books written by men ---who themselves have admitted their own shallow knowledge in existence, having not even been able to scale through the scrutiny of their own ilk.., will leave you delusional, empty and ruing your very chosen path against common sense.

Every thing you stand for is rebellious against the collective good ingrained in humanity.

But your boldness ends in the scriptings on a virtual world. In the real world of flesh and light, your knees cannot even carry the sermon you preach. I know your type -- they are often always women.

You're knowledge corrupted.

Bla bla bla. grin I didn't expect you to be able to defend this Bible passage. grin It is impossible! grin You would have to confess that the God of the Bible is a psychopath. grin grin grin
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Lezzlie(m): 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

Bla bla bla. grin I didn't expect you to be able to defend this Bible passage. grin It is impossible! grin You would have to confess that the God of the Bible is a psychopath. grin grin grin

@bolded: Takes a truely sad soul to utter that. One day --not so far, I reckon-- you will rue those words and weep for your folly. I know you were once a Christian who got lost in the winding way of temptation, you couldn't surface and you seek to justify your nonconformance with a few scriptures to valid your backsliding. grin

Your religion is centered around humanism, it is marked by escapism, denials and selfishness.
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
@bolded: Takes a truely sad soul to utter that. One day --not so far, I reckon-- you will rue those words and weep for your folly. I know you were once a Christian who got lost in the winding way of temptation, you couldn't surface and you seek to justify your nonconformance with a few scriptures to valid your backsliding. grin

Your religion is centered around humanism, it is marked by escapism, denials and selfishness.

None of your business.

Explain to me how your noble religion of love and selflessness can have a destructive God at its centre. grin
Are you not able to defend the cruelty of your own religion?
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Lezzlie(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

None of your business.

Explain to me how your noble religion of love and selflessness can have a destructive God at its centre. grin
Are you not able to defend the cruelty of your own religion?
To the fool who says there's no God, no explanation is necessary I can't remember where I picked this well-worn saying or its authour.

Why seek answers which your heart isn't ready to accept?
Why ask questions whose answers you have already resolve to reject ?

I called you the princess of escapism and denial because your heart isn't yet ready to bear the truth of reality.
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
To the fool who says there's no God, no explanation is necessary I can't remember where I picked this well-worn saying or its authour.

Who said there was no God? Show me! Reading comprehension difficulties?

Why seek answers which your heart isn't ready to accept?
Why ask questions whose answers you have already resolve to reject ?

I called you the princess of escapism and denial because your heart isn't yet ready to bear the truth of reality.

What truth? That God creates humans to destroy them in order to demonstrate his power? grin
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Lezzlie(m): 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

Who said there was no God? Show me! Reading comprehension difficulties?
Pardon my oversight here.
Mindfulness:

What truth? That God creates humans to destroy them in order to demonstrate his power? grin
I'm bound for his eternal glory which is the summation of my earth sojourn.

He gave freewill and wisdom to man to excercise true communion and fellowship with him and others. He is a God of justice, principle and faith.

Your decisions are yours. Humans are given the freedom to choose life or destruction.
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
Pardon my oversight here.
I'm bound for his eternal glory which is the summation of my earth sojourn.

You are forgiven.

He gave freewill and wisdom to man to excercise true communion and fellowship with him and others. He is a God of justice, principle and faith.

According to the quote above, he didn't give free will to people and he doesn't allow to ask questions, which is a hindrance to the acquiring of wisdom.
He is not just at all because some humans were created to enjoy mercy and others to be destroyed in advance, even before they had the chance to deserve the destruction.

And this is another quote from the Bible that clearly demonstrates the unjust nature of the Biblical God.

Deuteronomy 23:2
No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, not even in the tenth generation.

Innocent children are condemned even in the tenth generation.

Why not also jail people for the crimes their great-grandparents have committed. I am sure you would welcome this sort of judicial system. grin

Your decisions are yours. Humans are given the freedom to choose life or destruction.

According to your Bible, they are not. Read up the quote and have the courage to use your intellect. It is called Enlightenment.
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Lezzlie(m): 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

You are forgiven.

According to the quote above, he didn't give free will to people and he doesn't allow to ask questions, which is a hindrance to the acquiring of wisdom.
He is not just at all because some humans were created to enjoy mercy and others to be destroyed in advance, even before they had the chance to deserve the destruction.

And this is another quote from the Bible that clearly demonstrates the unjust nature of the Biblical God.

Deuteronomy 23:2
No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, not even in the tenth generation.

Innocent children are condemned even in the tenth generation.

Why not also jail people for the crimes their great-grandparents have committed. I am sure you would welcome this sort of judicial system. grin

According to your Bible, they are not. Read up the quote and have the courage to use your intellect. It is called Enlightenment.
Lolz. The kingdom of God is not a democracy where you can change the rules. Here the principles are set. That's your problem. Modern day wisdom.

I see you cite many scriptures of the old testament to justify your stance. You lack true knowledge of the ways of God. You know next to nothing about sin and its nature. There's so much I could have told you, but the Prison of your heart has been long barred before I could find you here.

But I'm glad, taking comfort that your type is soon caught up in their folly by the events of personal happenings.

There's so much humanism isn't teaching you about the causes and effects in man. There's no time now, so much to do. But perhaps, next time, I'll allow you a peep into realms of man you dare not venture.

1 Like

Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by postmann: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
@mindfulness, please what is your religious belief/background?
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness grin grin grin forgive them cause they know not what they do cry cry grin cheesy grin

#bringback_paganism lipsrsealed
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by crackhaus: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
But you can't carry on like this. All your submissions are based on subjective feelings and uproven principles. Your views on marriage have no clear distinctions on any other forms of relations from that of marriage.

Permit me to say you're Godless, lacking in the ability to define marriage as a selfless and committed union.

Your submission is akin to that of a rebel, rebelling against a principle she Never understood in the first instance.

Lezzlie:
Behind all the show, I still see you're struggling to make a good conviction of your own new found religion.

gringringringringrin

Mindfulness your reputation not only precedes you, it antedates, overshadows, and succeeds you effectively. grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
postmann:
@mindfulness, please what is your religious belief/background?

I don't do religions. I don't believe in God, I know that God exists.
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
Lolz. The kingdom of God is not a democracy where you can change the rules. Here the principles are set. That's your problem. Modern day wisdom.

I see you cite many scriptures of the old testament to justify your stance. You lack true knowledge of the ways of God. You know next to nothing about sin and its nature. There's so much I could have told you, but the Prison of your heart has been long barred before I could find you here.

But I'm glad, taking comfort that your type is soon caught up in their folly by the events of personal happenings.

There's so much humanism isn't teaching you about the causes and effects in man. There's no time now, so much to do. But perhaps, next time, I'll allow you a peep into realms of man you dare not venture.

You still have not addressed the Bible passage that describes God as someone who creates humans for the purpose of destruction. grin
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nubian113:
Mindfulness grin grin grin forgive them cause they know not what they do cry cry grin cheesy grin

#bringback_paganism lipsrsealed

There is nothing to forgive. I am just playing. cheesy wink
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
crackhaus:

gringringringringrin

Mindfulness your reputation not only precedes you, it antedates, overshadows, and succeeds you effectively. grin

And you thought I actually cared? grin LOL
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by crackhaus: 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

And you thought I actually cared? grin LOL
Apparently you don't, but that doesn't stop it from being funny and true. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Lezzlie(m): 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

You still have not addressed the Bible passage that describes God as someone who creates humans for the purpose of destruction. grin
That's because you are coming off as someone lacking all sense of hierarchy.

You are a troll with a shroud. Your subjective understanding of the bible is of no consequence and I shan't entertain you with my God just for your sport.
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
crackhaus:

Apparently you don't, but that doesn't stop it from being funny and true. gringrin

Yeah, very true, my online reputation overshadows and succeeds me. grin grin
Let me check if my bank account has been affected by what mere mortals think of me. grin grin grin

Hold on for a sec .....

It is still fat and swollen.

*sigh*

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
That's because you are coming off as someone lacking all sense of hierarchy.

You are a troll with a shroud. Your subjective understanding of the bible is of no consequence and I shan't entertain you with my God just for your sport.

I don't lack all sense of hierarchy. I am a Goddess and you are a mere mortal. grin Say Amen!
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by crackhaus: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

Yeah, very true, my online reputation overshadows and succeeds me. grin grin
Let me check if my bank account has been affected by what mere mortals think of me. grin grin grin

Hold on for a sec .....

It is still fat and swollen.

*sigh*

grin grin grin grin grin
It's not that serious gringrin

1 Like

Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
crackhaus:

It's not that serious gringrin

I am not serious at all at all. cheesy Just wanna play ... just like you. tongue
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by crackhaus: 6:23pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

I don't lack all sense of hierarchy. I am a Goddess and you are a mere mortal. grin Say Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by crackhaus: 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am not serious at all at all. cheesy Just wanna play ... just like you. tongue
Okay oo. grin

1 Like

Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Lezzlie(m): 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

Ok, mortal I am in my ability to embrace the frailty of man and the hope of eternity hereafter. And a goddess you are in your denial of your deepest fears.

Keep hiding under the cloak of human philosophy, promoting impulsive emotions and bestial inclinations.

You can't make a religion from your inability to exercise restraint.
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
Ok, mortal I am in my ability to embrace the frailty of man and the hope of eternity hereafter. And a goddess you are in your denial of your deepest fears.

Keep hiding under the cloak of human philosophy, promoting impulsive emotions and bestial inclinations.

You can make a religion from your inability to exercise restraint.

Fear is for those who believe in a psychopathic and sadistic God and that's not me here. grin
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Lezzlie(m): 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

Fear is for those who believe in a psychopathic and sadistic God and that's not me here. grin
That's the extent of your falsehood and deception.
Of course you're alien to the emotion of fear because you're dead to truth.

An online crusade won't mitigate the harsh waves of reality, dear.
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Should Adultery Be Criminalized? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
That's the extent of your falsehood and deception.
Of course you're alien to the emotion of fear because you're dead to truth.

An online crusade won't mitigate the harsh waves of reality, dear.

Crusade? Isn't it the specialty of the Christian church? grin It is one among many of their atrocities. lipsrsealed You are quite confused. undecided Sorry!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Possible My Husband Is Sleeping With Our Neighbour? / What If Your Wife Can't Cook? / My Wife thank you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.