Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! (1711 Views)

Can Anything Good Come Out Of Yorubaland? / Buhari Has Not Done Anything Good 2 Fight Corruption- Transparency International / Ghana vs Nigeria again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by kokoA(m): 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2009
I really don't care if you guys call me "unpatriotic citizen". Since the inception of the present administration I have lost hope in the development of this country at least for another ten years. Two years down the line now and my apprehensions are turning true. Guys, be sincere to your self now, what positive achievement do you think Nigeria has seen since the exit of Obasanjo? Tell me one if you remeber.

As a young Nigerian, I am completely ashamed of my fatherland and I can sy this before anybody (including yar'a dull). Please some one should convince me that our country is not a FAILED STATE. If I had the oppurtunity to choose where to come from before I was born, I would have even chosen ghana before Nigeria.
(Love me or Hate me, this is just how I fee right now about my fatherland)
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by ElRazur: 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2009
For me the good things like the culture [Rich traditional culture I am talking about here], the social life et al are chronically and constantly overshadowed by Embezzlement, corruption, lack of common sense, laziness, the love for not wanting to develop mentality, illiteracy, tribalism, questionable love of alien Gods and religion, hatred of criticism, animosity, mismanagement etc.

So yeah in some ways, I do see where you are coming from.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by kokoA(m): 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2009
ElRazur:

For me the good things like the culture [Rich traditional culture I am talking about here], the social life et al are chronically and constantly overshadowed by Embezzlement, corruption, lack of common sense, laziness, the love for not wanting to develop mentality, illiteracy, tribalism, questionable love of alien Gods and religion, hatred of criticism, animosity, mismanagement etc.

So yeah in some ways, I do see where you are coming from.
True word brother. I think the only good thing about Nigeria is the people. Good people, bad leaders, dying nation!
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by ademocrat(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hope say u urself still good, Nigeria becomes Good when the majority become good.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by vigasimple(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
NIGERIA; GREAT NATION, GOOD PEOPLE, AWFUL LEADERSHIP
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Nnabuchic: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2009
My own view is from a positive side cos i am a positivist, basically we all knw Rome was not built in a day. the world is in a global transformation and it takes time for underdeveloped nations to get to the pase of developing nations, while developing nations are looking forward to be developed as well,  any political scientist will understand wat am saying. Belive it or not from ten years to come u will not belive u are in Nigeria again. peace be on this Land wink smiley cheesy
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by mbulela: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2009
Nnabuchi c:

My own view is from a positive side cos i am a positivist, basically we all knw Rome was not built in a day. the world is in a global transformation and it takes time for underdeveloped nations to get to the pase of developing nations, while developing nations are looking forward to be developed as well,  any political scientist will understand wat am saying. Belive it or not from ten years to come u will not belive u are in Nigeria again. peace be on this Land wink smiley cheesy
is this an extract from a novel??
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by mbulela: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ poster
stale gist.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
I really don't care if you guys call me "unpatriotic citizen". Since the inception of the present administration I have lost hope in the development of this country at least for another ten years. Two years down the line now and my apprehensions are turning true. Guys, be sincere to your self now, what positive achievement do you think Nigeria has seen since the exit of Obasanjo? Tell me one if you remeber.

As a young Nigerian, I am completely ashamed of my fatherland and I can sy this before anybody (including yar'a dull). Please some one should convince me that our country is not a FAILED STATE. If I had the oppurtunity to choose where to come from before I was born, I would have even chosen ghana before Nigeria.
(Love me or Hate me, this is just how I fee right now about my fatherland)

@Poster, I don't believe it is unpatriotic to honestly express oneself. I do want to call you to the fact that during the last 10 years the people i.e. You, I and everyone out there, have had little or nothing to do with making things right. I am not talking of donating money here and there or digging one well out there in some village. I am speaking of completing the equation which is democracy

Democratic Government = People + People

We have not really gone out to make sure that our votes start to count since this is supposed to be government for the people and by the very same people; we have not really hold those in government more accountable. So I have a hard time understanding why, when we speak of those in government, we speak as if they are aliens from another planet or something. We are speaking of less than 1 million men/women basically enslaving a nation of over 140 million.

Until we realize our role in our new system, things are bound to continue and the world will continue to think us a nation of stupid people; unable to stand up for their own rights but quick to condemning foreigners and blaming our woes on everyone else.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Onlytruth(m): 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, I don't believe it is unpatriotic to honestly express oneself. I do want to call you to the fact that during the last 10 years the people i.e. You, I and everyone out there, have had little or nothing to do with making things right. I am not talking of donating money here and there or digging one well out there in some village. I am speaking of completing the equation which is democracy

Democratic Government = People + People

We have not really gone out to make sure that our votes start to count [/b]since this is supposed to be government for the people and by the very same people; we have not really hold those in government more accountable. So I have a hard time understanding why, when we speak of those in government, we speak as if they are aliens from another planet or something. We are speaking of less than 1 million men/women basically enslaving a nation of over 140 million.

[b]Until we realize our role in our new system, things are bound to continue and the world will continue to think us a nation of stupid people; unable to stand up for their own rights but quick to condemning foreigners and blaming our woes on everyone else.

I strongly disagree with the bolded words. You are urging Nigerians to go out and be shot! They won't and they shouldn't! The seed was sowed in 1967. Everyone who tried to change Nigeria ever since have been brutally murdered, including powerful people. So how can a hapless Nigerian face a "shoot at sight" police and army? However, there is a way, the only way. And that is for Nigerians to repent of their wickedness and stop tolerating genocide and shoot at sights. Stop celebrating the murder of 2 million Igbos and really repent and be ashamed. Not only that, arrest, try and imprison anyone in authority who orders shoot at sights. Disband the police (if they cannot learn the art of civil policing). The list goes on. But the question is, will the wickedness of Nigerians allow them to even see this point?
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
I think I am clear in my stance on this issue. I am against any group playing the "VICTIM CARD" and more for the PEOPLE as a whole realizing that they need to make a decision for their own good in all this. Change is not going to come with everyone trying to blame the others for their situation. We all watched the last USA elections and how people acted to get their voices heard on both sides. If Nigerians cannot take an example from all that, then I believe we deserve what we continue to get -- every last one of us.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by mbulela: 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
Kobo, i am really disappointed with your comments.
these are the kind of comments i expect from foreigners in CNN air conditioned studios who do not know the reality on the ground in Gidi and other parts of naija.
i have voted on more than one occassion and my result was rendered useless by thuggery, fraud and rigging of colossal proportion.
i know of an election venue where a well known militant (those that claim they are fighting a just cause in ND) came with some sophisticated stuff dangling off his shoulder and said the following;
'hey everybody here, i want one line'.
'na only PDP dey for here, one line o!'
everyone proceeded to form one line, the returning officer or whatever crap they are called, counted everyone in the line (of course there was no descent), everyone thumb printed for the ruling party. he jumped into his waiting car and everyone scampered to safety.
i presume he moved on to the next polling booth.
yet you say we have done nothing to solve the democratic equation?
na my blood remain before you accept that we have tried?
do you expect me to go vote again tomorrow?
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Bialegend0: 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
GOOD MORNING TO YOU, THREAD OPENER. Your fatherland my arrssss.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by mbulela: 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2009
people outside (i mean non Nigerians) assume we too not know what is good or that we do not desire a functioning state.
so they just blab on about fighting for your right and enthroning true democracy by mass will.
the truth is that the average Nigerian has given up and thinks the situation is not worth dying for because even your death might not remedy it.
as i see it, Nigeria will continue to slide down until a massive catastrophe causes a seismic shift only then will the cabal of thieves holding us hostage set naija free.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by mbulela: 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I think I am clear in my stance on this issue. I am against any group playing the "VICTIM CARD" and more for the PEOPLE as a whole realizing that they need to make a decision for their own good in all this. Change is not going to come with everyone trying to blame the others for their situation. We all watched the last USA elections and how people acted to get their voices heard on both sides. If Nigerians cannot take an example from all that, then I believe we deserve what we continue to get -- every last one of us.
you no even talk of Ghana election you dey talk of US.
None of those will jolt us from the perpetual downward slide.
only a catastrophe that wrecks the entire system will usher any tangible change.
anything else is a pipe dream.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Onlytruth(m): 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I think I am clear in my stance on this issue. I am against any group playing the "VICTIM CARD" and more for the PEOPLE as a whole realizing that they need to make a decision for their own good in all this. Change is not going to come with everyone trying to blame the others for their situation. We all watched  the last USA elections and how people acted to get their voices heard on both sides. If Nigerians cannot take an example from all that, then I believe we deserve what we continue to get -- every last one of us.

Look, whenever I see someone use blanket terms like "VICTIM CARD" I suspect perfidy. Who is the victim now? Igbos? No my friend. The victim now is the WHOLE OF NIGERIA. When you tolerated unwholesome violence against "fellow Nigerians" in 1967, it became a down paying for all subsequent violence, including the one that is threatening Nigeria today. I observed the last governorship election in Ekiti. The peoples choice did not win. The people went out to demonstrate but were "discouraged" by an overwhelming force of police and soldiers. Everyone saw the hand writing on the wall and simply went home.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2009
Anyways, all I have done is made my stance known.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Agbotoba(m): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
I believe in Nigeria.I am proud to be a Nigerian.Things will change when we followers think positively and eschew evil deeds.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by redsun(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2009
We sometimes refer to ourselves as if we are invalids.The problem and solutions of nigeria is in our hands.

The joy of life are the challenges faced and the ability to solve it.IQ
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Eziachi: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2009
vigasimple:

NIGERIA; GREAT NATION, GOOD PEOPLE, AWFUL LEADERSHIP

Good people? Leadership are not from the outer space, they come among from the people.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
Eziachi:

Good people? Leadership are not from the outer space, they come among from the people.

Very true, however, the bad among the ordinary are what gets the chance to rule and be a leader. else, Nigeria wont be in such mess
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Onlytruth(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2009
Nigerians must  first change! Must see evil for what it is, even if your arch enemy is on the receiving end of it. That is the responsibility Nigerians must accept for change to be possible. Anything outside of that is mere hope. Nigeria's biggest enemy is the wickedness of her people. Until I see such attitudinal change in Nigerians, I doubt there is a nation.

"Hope is not a strategy"

-Kevin Madden
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by frag(m): 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
mbulela:

Kobo, i am really disappointed with your comments.
these are the kind of comments i expect from foreigners in CNN air conditioned studios who do not know the reality on the ground in Gidi and other parts of naija.
i have voted on more than one occassion and my result was rendered useless by thuggery, fraud and rigging of colossal proportion.
i know of an election venue where a well known militant (those that claim they are fighting a just cause in ND) came with some sophisticated stuff dangling off his shoulder and said the following;
'hey everybody here, i want one line'.
'na only PDP dey for here, one line o!'
everyone proceeded to form one line, the returning officer or whatever crap they are called, counted everyone in the line (of course there was no descent), everyone thumb printed for the ruling party. he jumped into his waiting car and everyone scampered to safety.
i presume he moved on to the next polling booth.
yet you say we have done nothing to solve the democratic equation?
na my blood remain before you accept that we have tried?
do you expect me to go vote again tomorrow?

So what are you gonna do? Siddon for house make hunger kill you abi?
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by obams(f): 12:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
Nigerians are good but they are easily intoxicated with power, everybody wants to be a boss which is not possible and they learn bad tins from other countries easily leaving the good tins unlearned. today this person is criticizing tommorow he is doing the same tin.

Abeg the power to change nigeria starts with us, lets stop tinking in d direction to always cheat the other person and then God will turn the heart of our leaders. Nigeria is too blessed to be in all this kind of mess.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by jesuseun1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2009
the stone that was rejected ,d same stone was made the head of the cornerstone,the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes' ? jesus said to them, Matthew 21:41-43",watch out for naija,dis same country will rise again in our own very eyes.it has started small small if onle u can see it,tak d oshodi transformation for example.

just play ur part,so dat u will be relevant when dat tyme comes.God bless Nigeria
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
Lol . . . . Like this is the first time oshodi has been "transformed"? By the way, did you transform oshodi yourself or are you just on the sidelines claiming the actions of others as yours?
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by MrCrackles(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
Topic

Same here. . . .
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by wakagirl: 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

Same here. . . .

and here
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by FowardEast(f): 1:10am On Aug 08, 2009
"NIGERIA; GREAT NATION, GOOD PEOPLE, AWFUL LEADERSHIP"

Echoed.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Ikengawo: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2010
nothing good since this recent president? grin

well stop watching CNN and peep this shit.

[size=15pt]DURING THIS RECENT PRESIDENCY [/size]
-Lagos is reclaiming land lost to the Atlantic Ocean and building an ultra modern city on top of it (Eko Atlantic). It's designed to rival manhattan, NY.
digging and reclaimation of land has begun and is in an advanced stage
-Lagos is building an ultra modern city within a city specifically designed for industrial production (Lekki Free Trade Zone)
-Awka Ibom has achieved steady electricity and is building a massive tourism complex (Ibom Tropicana)
-Lagos is building a light rail system, has emergency services, and a massive road network on top of the already repaired previous one
-Imo state offers scholarships to the poorest rural families for education
-Port Harcourt is expanding the size of the city by building ultra modern districts (Greater Port Harcourt)
-Nigeria is set to be the largest construction market in the world
-Nigeria's middle class is back and larger then ever
-The nigerian movie industry is now #2 in the world
-Nigerian music artists are now outselling their American counterparts
-Nigeria no longer allows people to drill out oil without investment into refineries
-Nigeria has acieved another peaceful transition of power based on the constitution
-Nigeria's telecoms inudstry is now the largest in africa
-Nigerian's standard of living is on a steady increase
-accord to my dad , all states are repairing their roads

now im not even a yar adua supporter cause i think he could have done more and most of these achievements if not all were done by governors and not him, im not going to ignorantly say that nothing good is happening in nigeria cause its insulting to the heros and patriots that are trying their best
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by naijamini(m): 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2010
@Ikengawo
You here again  grin.

Most of the accomplishments in your list have nothing to do with the Presidency, in fact the Presidency was trying to stop some of them, and if those responsible for this achievements were like Yar'adua they would not have happened. Others are flatly untrue, like the one about standard of living steadily increasing.

Yes, you are a Yar'adua supporter too! I have to agree that there are still a lot good things about Nigeria.

Ikengawo:

nothing good since this recent president? grin

well stop watching CNN and peep this poo.

[size=15pt]DURING THIS RECENT PRESIDENCY [/size]
-Lagos is reclaiming land lost to the Atlantic Ocean and building an ultra modern city on top of it (Eko Atlantic). It's designed to rival manhattan, NY.
digging and reclaimation of land has begun and is in an advanced stage
-Lagos is building an ultra modern city within a city specifically designed for industrial production (Lekki Free Trade Zone)
-Awka Ibom has achieved steady electricity and is building a massive tourism complex (Ibom Tropicana)
-Lagos is building a light rail system, has emergency services, and a massive road network on top of the already repaired previous one
-Imo state offers scholarships to the poorest rural families for education
-Port Harcourt is expanding the size of the city by building ultra modern districts (Greater Port Harcourt)
-Nigeria is set to be the largest construction market in the world
-Nigeria's middle class is back and larger then ever
-The nigerian movie industry is now #2 in the world
-Nigerian music artists are now outselling their American counterparts
-Nigeria no longer allows people to drill out oil without investment into refineries
-Nigeria has acieved another peaceful transition of power based on the constitution
-Nigeria's telecoms inudstry is now the largest in africa
-Nigerian's standard of living is on a steady increase
-accord to my dad , all states are repairing their roads

now im not even a yar adua supporter cause i think he could have done more and most of these achievements if not all were done by governors and not him, im not going to ignorantly say that nothing good is happening in nigeria cause its insulting to the heros and patriots that are trying their best
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by 006(m): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2010
@ Onlytruth, thanks for this quote

Onlytruth:

Nigerians must  first change! Must see evil for what it is, even if your arch enemy is on the receiving end of it. That is the responsibility Nigerians must accept for change to be possible. Anything outside of that is mere hope. Nigeria's biggest enemy is the wickedness of her people. Until I see such attitudinal change in Nigerians, I doubt there is a nation.

"Hope is not a strategy"

-Kevin Madden

(1) (2) (Reply)

NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? / Baby kidnapping/trafficking mess in Chanchangi flight of 31.12.09True Life Story / Mr. Erastus Akingbola’s House Sealed Off By Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.