Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? (25133 Views)

Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / White Groom And His Men Rock Efik Traditional Attire To His Wedding With Bride / How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by don4real18(m): 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
kaziblake:
wedding isn't expensive in edo state. Bride price is very affordable.
Thanks.... I was already in a deep thought
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Vikky014(f): 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
With 500K u can do a decent wedding in any state. it depends on how u planned it

just draft a list of things u need and fix price to it...simple
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Gelengelen: 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2016
sniper77:

We do not sell our daughters out in marriage. We only give out their hands in marriage and wish them marital bliss. The moment you are told the bride price you will be amazed. The bride price might just be less than half the price of a moccasin shoe at mandilas. i. e an amount very affordable and in most cases kids around during the ceremony are given the money to buy sweets and biscuits.
my brother thank u for this hint.

My case with my fiancee is a big issue here.

She converted from islam to christianity. All her family members abandoned her for choosing christianity. Her parents are late.

Up till date they dont want to hear anything from her. No aunts no uncle, someone from a different tribe is d one housing and taking care of her.

If i finally want to start d marriage rite, wont there be difficulty for both me and her?

Help me here my brother. Ur advise will be key to our marriage.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by orakao8: 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2016
1 BOTTLE OF ORIJIN FOR YOU SIR
Toks2008:

No wonder why guys will enjoy free sex and wife duties from their girlfriends till they get tired and move on to the next.

How much did most of our parents use to organize their wedding those days?definitely not even up to 200k equivalent of today's money.

How many months will it take a man earning say 70k a month to save 500k provided he saves 50% of the money each month?

I write again,i weep for the future of our ladies cos if this type of question can be asked,i wonder what will be in the minds of many guys in their 30s who don't even have a job yet.

If every Naija lady can follow this simple advice in the case of low funds i guess many ladies will never remain single and frustrated and im not talking about hopeless materialistic ladies hoping to meet a made guy but a decent and responsible lady who is poised for greatness irrespective of a man's money.

1.Do the intro and pay the bride price in a low key intro and engagement

2.Proceed to the registry to legalize your wedding

3.Plan gently towards the big time wedding ceremony while living your life and raising your family.

If you think this is dumb then simply follow this advice

1.Continue to offer free sex and wife duties to the guy who is not financially ready but always ready to screw the shit out of you.

2.Continue to wait and wait for him to attain a certain financial level until you grow older and lose your value

3.Get dumped when he eventually gets the money and start the process all over with a new man.

Even the famous omotola jalade had her traditional marriage 5years after her court wedding. but many ladies foolishly wait for the guy to gather enough money for all the the forms of wedding ceremony and at teh end of the day,when the guy is fully set,he dumps her ass for a younger chic.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Gelengelen: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
kunle75:

Yes but depending on your taste,i am a living example cos i had my wedding in 2012 with than 500k here in lagos and my marriage is still counting...................cut your level according to your taste

bros is it both the traditional and white wedding you spend 500k?

Pls explain. I need ur input my brother. Am making plans for my own too.

Thank u
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by domwas2(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2016
Very educative... Am learning here smiley
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by gondon(m): 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
I greet the house. I am following this thread like kilodey............ Bcoz my woman is from Esan in Edo state and i hail from Imo state, we are getting married before the first quarter of this year.
I wish our Esan brothers and sisters in the house to help me analyse how e dey go over there, in regards to HOW MUCH THEIR BRIDE PRICE, INTRO AND TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE.

HOUSE please i need your advices, bcoz if i no marry dis lady; somebody must suffer d pain..

N:B
* Her family members love me wella
* Her parents are late
* She loves me wella and hv bin used by GOD to bless me
* She needs needs d marriage; likewise i, both of us dey desperate to marry each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by sniper77(m): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
Gelengelen:
my brother thank u for this hint.

My case with my fiancee is a big issue here.

She converted from islam to christianity. All her family members abandoned her for choosing christianity. Her parents are late.

Up till date they dont want to hear anything from her. No aunts no uncle, someone from a different tribe is d one housing and taking care of her.

If i finally want to start d marriage rite, wont there be difficulty for both me and her?

Help me here my brother. Ur advise will be key to our marriage.

Their might be a difficulty if you don't approach this issue in a diplomatic way. My guess is your fiancee might be from Owan East L. G. A or Akoko Edo L.G. A where we have most of the Muslims in Edo State.

My take is your fiancee needs to consult with elders in her church on this issue. A peace meeting with her relatives has to be convened in which some church elders has to accompany her to make peace with her relatives and also get some elders from her village involved.

All issues have to be resolved amicably because they are the same relatives your family, you and your fiancee will visit for traditional marriage rites to be performed. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by gondon(m): 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2016
gondon:
I greet the house. I am following this thread like kilodey............ Bcoz my woman is from Esan in Edo state and i hail from Imo state, we are getting married before the first quarter of this year.
I wish our Esan brothers and sisters in the house to help me analyse how e dey go over there, in regards to HOW MUCH THEIR BRIDE PRICE, INTRO AND TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE.

HOUSE please i need your advices, bcoz if i no marry dis lady; somebody must suffer d pain..

* Her parents are late
* She needs needs d marriage; likewise i, both of us dey desperate to marry each other.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by nigeriancuban: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
u can't unless na 50 persons you wan invite
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by UmanuJoy(f): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
blaise00700:
Good-day Nairalanders,

Please i need your kind advice, I am from Ihiala (Anambra) and my fiancee is from Udaba Ekperi in Edo state.

We are looking to have our wedding on the 26th of March 2016 and I have not started making plans yet.

My questions are

1) Can we have good wedding with N500k in Edo state?

2) I will also appreciate if you share a list of what we need so we can compare it with ours.

Thank you for your kind Advise.

Cc lalasticlala , please help me promote the thread please!!!
good afternoon.. u sure can have a superb wedding ceremony in Benin..but u do need an experienced event planner..one who is familiar with Benin environs n very conversant with vendors in the town...fortunately for u..I am one based in Benin also which happens to be my home town too..call me let's talk more...u definitely will come back here to tell others about me..08038824959
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Gelengelen: 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2016
sniper77:

Their might be a difficulty if you don't approach this issue in a diplomatic way. My guess is your fiancee might be from Owan East L. G. A or Akoko Edo L.G. A where we have most of the Muslims in Edo State.

My take is your fiancee needs to consult with elders in her church on this issue. A peace meeting with her relatives has to be convened in which some church elders has to accompany her to make peace with her relatives and also get some elders from her village involved.

All issues have to be resolved amicably because they are the same relatives your family, you and your fiancee will visit for traditional marriage rites to be performed. I wish you all the best.
bro...she is from auchi, etsako west. We really need her people like u have pointed out.

Presently we are in niger state. Her brothers live among the hausa muslims there. Going to that area might warrant them attacking us cause it is a taboo for a muslim to convert to christian and what is so bad is that a christian is coming to marry their sister who was once a muslim.

God help me ooo.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Gelengelen: 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
sniper77:

bro...she is from auchi, etsako west. We really need her people like u have pointed out.

Presently we are in niger state. Her brothers live among the hausa muslims there. Going to that area might warrant them attacking us cause it is a taboo for a muslim to convert to christian and what is so bad is that a christian is coming to marry their sister who was once a muslim.

God help me ooo...
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Gelengelen: 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
[quote author=gondon post=42093959][/quote]bro i dey happy for you.
Me too na edo girl i wan marry. But my own hard well well.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by decode55(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2016
CR77:
Yes
Thank me when you finish
LoL. You no well at all cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by sniper77(m): 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
Gelengelen:

God help me ooo.

Na wa o . May God help you on a way out. Not advisable you visit her brothers then. The option of going to auchi to see her uncles should be looked into if the uncles can invite the brothers to auchi.

The truth is you need their consent. You have to pray on this matter.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by UmanuJoy(f): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
To you all getting married and asking questions.. u need an efficient experienced wedding planner..tho it's not yet very common in Nigeria but the benefits of using one cannot be over emphasized..a planner is with u all thru budgeting,vendoring,shopping n al thru to preping ur honeymoon suite..a planner will take so much stress n unnecessary expenses off u..yes...a planner knows vendors who are good and affordable..way better than you do..a planner knows where to buy specific things at cheaper price. a planner ensures there s no hassle with ur wedding,a planner makes sure food n drink goes round it guest n nobody s making ur bride cry or angry..a planner handles all d detailss..wats more....a planner can work with any amount u budgeted n still give u a wooowww event.yes u can Wed with 200k..o yes..we've done t over n over. guests won't believe he spent that little... u don't have to spend millions to have a great wedding... U do need a planner.. U need Lady J..Ceo joyous bliss events. ...an economist with experience n great mastered skill of budgeting,planning and management.. Call me on 08038824959
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by taurusmena1(m): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
Yes you can with good planning. That's if you hire me to help with the planning and execution .u can reach me on 08060925600
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by MemphisDepay(m): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
eleko1:
Yes u can.Manage thing according to uur pocket.dnt go and buy cow/drinks on credit.Dnt try to impress anybody with extravagance lifestyle/wedding.remember it is for a day.Mr/Mrs Kelechi wedding is diff to Mr/Mrs Adewunmi wedding.May U not be put to shame
Mr Adewumi
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by FTBOY: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
spiralwedge:
Budget
Cheap hall (with facilities)=40k
Decoration= 10k
Cake = 10k
Food= 100k
Drinks= 30k
Ring= 7k
Clothes= 40k
Miscl = 20k

TOTAL =257K

You can cut cost on hall by using an open field, but there's stress of canopies/chairs/tables etc.

Also, you can cut cost on food.

The most important thing is to have 200k saved in a fixed deposit in a bank that you can only touch a month after wedding
oga, this ur list won't work

1 Like

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by FTBOY: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
wisefizz:

lovely talk boss.......

NO BE PEOPLE DEY DO WEDDING WITH 50K AND STIL COLLECT CHANGE?..............

LOL....
for which state? tell me jare, make i go there go marry

1 Like

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by aniataevents: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
We are the best at what we do....book a date with us and you will be glad you did.

Yes, you can have a good wedding ceremony with 500k if well planned.

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by eleko1: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
sad lipsrsealed embarassed From where oooo?
MemphisDepay:
Mr Adewumi
wink
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by eleko1: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
Madame Economist.U knw U'll collect ur own consulting kudi,abi it is free?Can U budget less than 400k for him?.He'll appreciate Ur kind assistance.
UmanuJoy:
To you all getting married and asking questions.. u need an efficient experienced wedding planner..tho it's not yet very common in Nigeria but the benefits of using one cannot be over emphasized..a planner is with u all thru budgeting,vendoring,shopping n al thru to preping ur honeymoon suite..a planner will take so much stress n unnecessary expenses off u..yes...a planner knows vendors who are good and affordable..way better than you do..a planner knows where to buy specific things at cheaper price. a planner ensures there s no hassle with ur wedding,a planner makes sure food n drink goes round it guest n nobody s making ur bride cry or angry..a planner handles all d detailss..wats more....a planner can work with any amount u budgeted n still give u a wooowww event.yes u can Wed with 200k..o yes..we've done t over n over. guests won't believe he spent that little... u don't have to spend millions to have a great wedding... U do need a planner.. U need Lady J..Ceo joyous bliss events. ...an economist with experience n great mastered skill of budgeting,planning and management.. Call me on 08038824959
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by khattab02: 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
hehehe.......

Hmmm.... It should be ok unless you want to invite all the community and it has to be witin your capacity.

#notin sweet than having a debt free marriage.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by UmanuJoy(f): 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
eleko1:
Madame Economist.U knw U'll collect ur own consulting kudi,abi it is free?Can U budget less than 400k for him?.He'll appreciate Ur kind assistance.
I'll sure collect my consulting fee oo...n yes can budget 400 or less..call..so we cn talk bettr
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by purplerain(f): 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello, I am Esan and I got married 3 months ago. Bride price is very cheap, it will shock you. What you are likely to spend money on (for the traditional) with be the list her people will give you. Shouldn't pass more than 200k depending on the family. My husband spent about 150k on that list. As for the white, there are many cheap venues in Benin, so that shouldn't be a problem.
gondon:

* Her parents are late

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by eleko1: 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Talk to the OP
UmanuJoy:

I'll sure collect my consulting fee oo...n yes can budget 400 or less..call..so we cn talk bettr
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by kunle75(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2016
Gelengelen:

bros is it both the traditional and white wedding you spend 500k?

Pls explain. I need ur input my brother. Am making plans for my own too.

Thank u

Yes it is both i spent it on but like i said your taste,tribe,and wants will determine if the money will be enough for you or not.

But its possible,mind you don't think of renting hall oooooooooo and your partner also should be ready to support you........Jah bless

Let me know if your spouse will be willing,i will ask my wife to give her the gown she worn,she bought from UK and we still have it at home but size matters too,call me on this line i willing to help out with some vital info 09099800565
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
Nellybank:
Having paid all the traditional rites. I think you can. But if you never settle all the witches and wizards for ur wife village, just carry ur 500k go buy gulder and suya take calm down your brain make u no go wound
Oh Lord...i'm in tears here grin. Wetin we do una sef?
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by 6fit(f): 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2016
blaise00700:
Good-day Nairalanders,

Please i need your kind advice, I am from Ihiala (Anambra) and my fiancee is from Udaba Ekperi in Edo state.

We are looking to have our wedding on the 26th of March 2016 and I have not started making plans yet.

My questions are

1) Can we have good wedding with N500k in Edo state?

2) I will also appreciate if you share a list of what we need so we can compare it with ours.

Thank you for your kind Advise.

Cc lalasticlala , please help me promote the thread please!!!

bring d cash let invest....how can u use 500k to acquire liability in dis present Nija economy
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by gjugcvbnu(f): 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
capital NO.....how can u wed a girl with #500k,wen she is not a fish..........well if my to be husband is not ready to spend #4million for my wedding den m not getting married.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding / I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" / Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.