Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,790 members, 7,806,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House (37714 Views)

A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) / Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) / Man Kills African Civet In Umuahia, Abia. Poses With It (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by homeboy205: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2016
Akobo Ibadan is a new estate and I've seen BIG alligator at the back of my house but never knew thise civet cat also live among us...

They were hunt down by professional hunters...

What would you do if you come across this 2 wild cat at night ?

Lalasticlala I beg help me ask??

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Ajibo111(m): 9:22am On Jan 18, 2016
iyalaya anybody

************-------------

But i bad shaaaa.....

why did i win both the first and second to comment ?

ok i will sell the second to comment and use this one to build house.....

BEWARE DON'T TRASSPASS ON THIS LAND

presley kuttie take notegrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Ajibo111(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2016
grin grin grin grin..............

WHO WANT TO BUY THIS LAND

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Sparrow13: 9:25am On Jan 18, 2016
Gradually our wild animals will be wiped out if the government did not do something about it

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by akunjohn(m): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2016
grin Ebola,Lassa !

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by eleko1: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2016
Una don kill 2 old winches undecided shocked .U are in trobu wink lipsrsealed embarassed undecided

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by iPopAlomo(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2016
I would assume you're educated... does these cats look like the cats to kill a human even at night...?! now you shamelessly parade them on nairaland... you'll def get Frontpage... I hope you're happy now...

People neglects the roles these cats play in the ecosystem... get rid of all the cats... then see how rats population would sky rocket...

I wonder how people can get tired of goat meat, cow meat, fish, chicken and Turkey... only to start eating endangered species and they think they are savvy...

It would have been lovely... if you educated the hunters... but again... what do you know...?!

194 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2016
Do they pose a danger to anyone? undecided

11 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by blasiangurl85(f): 9:47am On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:
I would assume you're educated... does these cats look like the cats to kill a human even at night...?! now you shamelessly parade them on nairaland... you'll def get Frontpage... I hope you're happy now...

People neglects the roles these cats play in the ecosystem... get rid of all the cats... then see how rats population would sky rocket...

I wonder how people can get tired of goat meat, cow meat, fish, chicken and Turkey... only to start eating endangered species and they think they are savvy...

It would have been lovely... if you educated the hunters... but again... what do you know...?!

Couldn't have said it better.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by homeboy205: 9:47am On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:

OGA LEAVETRASHFORLAWMAN

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Are civets endangered?

3 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by iPopAlomo(m): 9:59am On Jan 18, 2016
espionagesavvy:

Are civets endangered?

Where did you see me type Civets as endangered...?! I asked how people can get tired of meat and fish... only to eat Endangered specie... how is that tagging an African Civet...?! egbon... read before you quote...

15 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Houseofglam7(f): 10:13am On Jan 18, 2016
They would've made exotic pets o!
Anyways, too late; they're probably in someone's pot by now

2 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by iPopAlomo(m): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2016
espionagesavvy:

Are civets endangered?

African Civet Predators and Threats Despite being a secretive yet a relatively ferocious predator , the African Civet is actually preyed upon by a number of other predators within their natural environment. Large predatory Cats are the most common predators of the African Civet including Lions and Leopards along with reptiles such as large Snakes and Crocodiles . African Civet populations are also under threat from both habitat loss and deforestation, and have been subject to trophy hunters in the past, across the continent. One of the biggest threats to the African Civet is the want for their musk.
African Civet Interesting Facts and Features The musk secreted by the glands close to the African Civet's reproductive organs has been collected by Humans for hundreds of years. In it's concentrated form, the smell is said to be quite offensive to people, but much more pleasant once diluted. It was this scent that became one of the ingredients in some of the most expensive perfumes in the world (and made the African Civet a well-known African animal). African Civets are known to carry the rabies disease, which is contracted through contact with an already infected animal . The African Civet is also known to use designated areas around it's territory, where it is able to go to the toilet.
African Civet Relationship with Humans Each African Civet secretes up to 4g of musk every week, which is normally collected from African Civets in the wild. However, the capturing and keeping of African Civets for their musk is not unknown and is said to be an incredibly cruel industry. Today, few perfumes still contain actual musk from the glands of an African Civet as many scents today are easily reproduced artificially. Although it is a protected yet not an endangered animal , the African Civet populations have also been severely affected by Human hunters, who hunt these little carnivores to simply add their skin to the trophy cabinet.
African Civet Conservation Status and Life Today Today, the African Civet is under threat from deforestation and therefore drastic loss of much of it's natural habitat . The main reason for such extensive deforestation in the area is either for logging or to clear the land to make way for palm oil plantations. The African Civet is listed as being Least Concern, which means that there is little threat at the moment that the African Civet will become extinct in the near future.
http://a-z-animals.com/animals/african-civet/

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Baroba(m): 10:54am On Jan 18, 2016
homeboy205:
Akobo Ibadan is a new estate and I've seen BIG alligator at the back of my house but never knew thise civet cat also live among us...

They were hunt down by professional hunters...

What would you do if you come across this 2 wild cat at night ?

Lalasticlala I beg help me ask??

What would i do? I will kindly ignore them since they pose no harm to me..

Please can we try, i know its difficult for many of us leave these animals alone... And am not quite sure what this is doing on pets section..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by rollUP(m): 11:13am On Jan 18, 2016
Na couple u just kill so.

Hmm, I wonder what they were doing together, dem fit dey bleep ooo
undecided

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by kaywiluv(f): 11:13am On Jan 18, 2016
shocked
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by makzeze: 11:13am On Jan 18, 2016
See as the mugu in the second pic used his naked hand touch the dead cat .

11 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Otapipia: 11:15am On Jan 18, 2016
You mean you live in the forest?

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by sweatlana: 11:15am On Jan 18, 2016
Sparrow13:
Gradually our wild animals will be wiped out if the government did not do something about it
This is a rare cat. Probably endangered cry
Wetin the cat do them?

5 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by digitsolution: 11:15am On Jan 18, 2016
They are hyenas not civet cats or whatever that means.......

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Software202(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2016
shu! This is serious.
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 18, 2016
Witches and wizards

Can't we import cats to help fight outbreak of Lassa fever grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2016
O bee sooool] tongue tongue tongue
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by SegunLagos: 11:17am On Jan 18, 2016
You killed an innocent couple

7 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by timidapsin(m): 11:18am On Jan 18, 2016
Little Boy Creates His On Drum Set And Beat (video) https://www.nairaland.com/2872132/little-boy-creates-drum-set
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by dotcomnamename: 11:19am On Jan 18, 2016
[size=20pt]Lassa Fever thing[/size]
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by kennyman2000(m): 11:19am On Jan 18, 2016
To the hunters, Obe so..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by mobaladf: 11:19am On Jan 18, 2016
Asin those pple no get work

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by nwekeg: 11:20am On Jan 18, 2016
wats this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Huge Python Killed By My Friends In Ikorodu (Photos) / This White-Necked Raven Sounds Exactly Like A Human! (photos) / Airtel Introduces #300 For 1gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.