Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

An Open Letter To Governor Abiola Ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Governor Abiola Ajimobi (665 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi Carrying His Twin Grandchildren / Photo Of Governor Abiola Ajimobi And His Children / Gov. Abiola Ajimobi Dares Olubadan Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Governor Abiola Ajimobi by Lakesyd32: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2016
[b]AN OPEN LETTER TO GOVERNOR ABIOLA AJIMOBI
I have decided right from my childhood days never to participate in politics because of its Godfatherism, Insincerity and Nepotism. Politicians no longer respect the oath of their office, they no longer fear God, even some go extra miles in the course of quenching their thirst for power. However, I recently woke up from my slumber, then I ask myself, why should I keep mute on the way I am being govern? Why should I not ask questions on the way our natural resources are being managed? As youths, we are referred to as leaders of tomorrow, therefore, if we cannot stand up and defend our right today how can we then lead tomorrow?
As much as possible, I would try not to base my arguments on political reasons but rather, on critical thinking.
Sir, it is an open secret, that you were re-elected into office on April 12, 2015, thus making you the first returning governor in the state. After a thorough investigation on the way Oyo state has been governed in the last few years, I tend to ask myself, if you are actually a Blessing or a Curse?
The day was just like yesterday, when your Excellency, Governor Abiola Ajimobi, contested for the 2007 gubernatorial election, and as a patriotic citizen of this nation, I made my research about your past and discovered how much of help you have rendered to the people of Oyo state through your various vocational and educational programs. I campaigned and supported your vision wholeheartedly then, but unfortunately you lost to the incumbent power, probably due to ignorance of the people of Oyo state or its (Oyo state) ‘Godfatherism’. I thought all hope had been lost until I became happy once again when I realized you have not given up on your ambition and was again going to contest for the 2nd time in 2011 elections. I did all I could within my capacity to ensure your victory even though I wasn’t a politician, neither have I ever met you before, but because of my great believe in you due to your high level of literacy, which I think could be a good starting point in the development of the state. Subsequently, my prayers were answered and the dream I nurtured for my state once came to reality as you eventually emerged the winner of the poll and was sworn in on the 22nd of May, 2011.
Sir, to start with, I really do not understand why it is difficult for your administration to fulfil its electioneering promises made to the good people of Oyo State. I can remember clearly, that your administration released an online scholarship form for the post graduate and final year students on August 19, 2013 but to my surprise, we were only dupe of 750naira application fee without any response afterwards. Up till now sir, we still have not heard a word from you. In addition sir, part of your campaign promises was to create employment opportunities but instead you created a YES’O program which even as an undergraduate then, I would never settle for. Without mincing words sir, it is highly disappointing that most of us, the first class students in this state have not benefited from any scholarship scheme our counterparts from other states are enjoying.
Secondly on our economy, sir, your responses during various gubernatorial debates on this issue were excellent, but up till this very moment, after about four and a half years in office, I still haven’t seen any great development in our economy. According to reports, Oyo state receives a sum of about 100billion naira (about $0.6billion as at then) budget allocation from the federal government in 2013 which is even larger than the budget of Liberia estimated to be around $433million. Also in terms of our internally generated revenue, sir, by what percentage has it being improved and how positively has it impacted on the lifes of the people of Oyo state?
Finally, considering the achievements of the former Lagos state government and your administration, it is very glaring that your administration has performed below expectations and this then leaves me in a state of dilemma with several questions running through my mind which remain unanswered
 Firstly, apart from Ajimobi shuttle and improvement on security within the states, which other great project has your administration embark upon sine you assume office?
 Why have you turn our public schools to an income generation firm by asking them to pay school fees? even though I believe you were among the beneficiaries of this free education before you proceeded to United States for your tertiary education
 Why did you refuse to conduct local government elections in the last four years?
 All the local government allocations diverted into the state accounts, what were they used for? since your administration never involve in any capital consuming project apart from the overhead bridge
In conclusion, I will appreciate if your administrations do not see this as political propaganda or as a means of tarnishing the image of your administration, but as a message from a frustrated youth who believes in your true leadership. I believe the quality of a good leader is good listening ears and the ability to build legacies, upcoming generations would be proud of. Therefore, I sincerely hope that you will see this piece of write up as a challenge and a clarion call from one of those whose franchise right made you victorious in both the 2011 and 2015 elections.
Thank you in anticipation, as I look forward to your response in earnest.
Yours faithfully,

Abiodun, S.L
Abey.olamilekan@gmail.com
Re: An Open Letter To Governor Abiola Ajimobi by winner95(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2016
I don't believe that man will really do this for the state; highly disappointed. angry.

Btw; It's my first FTC on Nairaland...

(1) (Reply)

See The List Of Nigerian Politicians Who Owned Properties In Dubai / 700 PDP Members Defect To APC / Please Exercise Caution In The ICC Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.