Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,121 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations (1029 Views)

Arewa Vs Ndigbo Novelty Match: Osinbajo To Honor Football Match / The Concept Of Honor......all Ondo State Nairalanders Meet / Tony Anenih Refuses To Honor EFCC Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by profinmasscom(m): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2016
Tompolo explains why he has refused to honor all court invitations

Former Niger Delta militancy leader, Government Ekpemupolo aka Tompolo has explained why he has refused to honor court invitations over the corruption cases leveled against him by the EFCC. In an open letter to President Buhari which he sent out through his media aide, Paul Bebenimbo, on January 18th (Today), Tompolo said;

“The truth of the matter is that I do not know anything about the N34 billion Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is talking about. First, it was N13 billion issue, now it is N34 billion. I am not a signatory to any of the companies mentioned in the said N34 billion case, so I do not know where this one is coming from. I know that God in His infinite mercy will see me through in this critical moment.”‎the letter read
He accused former governor of Bayelsa ‎state, Timipre Sylva, of working against him.
“I wish to inform you that it has come to my knowledge that the leader of your party and governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bayelsa and a few young men from Warri South West council of Delta State, who joined the party from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) after the 2015 presidential election, are bent on linking me to the renewed vandalism of oil facilities in the Niger Delta, whereas they are the ones carrying out the act to smear my name. They are doing this in connivance with the EFCC lawyer. The leader of your party in Bayelsa State approached me shortly after my meeting with you in Abuja that I should accompany him to meet you and plead for him to be appointed special adviser (SA) and chairman of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, which I refused to do because of his antecedents, as an unreliable and trustworthy person. It was thereafter he forced his way into the governorship election of the state, which almost tore the state apart with violence, beginning with the party primary in which he demonstrated a high level of desperation as was recounted by the Chairman of the committee and Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. As for members of the party from my local government area, Warri South-West, they have been involved in illegal bunkering and oil theft activities over the years, which I have been fighting against because of my love for country. They know me as a no-nonsense person. There is this one from Gbaramatu kingdom with me that has sworn to kill me because I refused to manipulate the ascension to our traditional stool in his favour when he was not even qualified for it. And so, he looks for any opportunity to deal with me.’’the letter read
Re: Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 18, 2016
Ok o.

He does not know about any money.

''What one does not know hardly kills one''
Re: Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by anath(m): 11:35am On Jan 18, 2016
Buhari fighting many boss sha,Shite,BH,Militant, and Ipod.... the actor nor dy die for film but boss men and actor men dy suffer or die b4 dilm dy end. We pray we d APC and PDP supporters do not suffer from this film. God save 9ja
Re: Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by muri4mig(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
If you don't have anything to hide, why can't you just honor the invitation in a good faith and clear your name.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by OfoIgbo: 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
Re: Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by OfoIgbo: 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
Just like Fashola, Tompolo did not sign anything. So this ought to be the end of the story, unless Buhari is applying double standards. One for PDP sympathisers and the other for APc sympathisers
Re: Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by eagleeye2: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
Tompolo stay where you are. If they get you they will lock you up and throwaway the keys.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by eagleeye2: 12:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
muri4mig:
If you don't have anything to hide, why can't you just honor the invitation in a good faith and clear your name.
Those that honoured the invite are still behind bars or Missing in Action.
I won't advise him to honor the invite. If they want him badly, let them work and risk their lives for it.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by ccoolitempa: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
eagleeye2:

Those that honoured the invite are still behind bars or Missing in Action.
I won't advise him to honor the invite. If they want him badly, let them work and risk their lives for it.

Cowardly iPod youths...hiding behind tompolo.... grin

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Explains Why He Has Refused To Honor All Court Invitations by ewosk: 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
LAWLESS GOVT TRYING TO ENFORCE THE LAW.....HYPOCRITES AND SCAMMERS....

LET THE WITCHHUNT KONTINUE

NONE OF THEM HELP MAN PIKIN B4....

i just hope in tym these hunters will also be hunted and their kworuption uncovered....

TOMPOLO go answer them iyee....i nor want d creek to boil again oo....

(1) (Reply)

Metuh In Handcuffs A Big Deal? See Photos Of Top Profile Nigerians In Handcuff / Jonathan Will Be Prosecuted If Proven Corrupt – Presidency / Rihanna Now Dating Leonardo Dicaprio(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.